• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Degica's Muv-Luv Trilogy Kickstarter (Funded) - New Tiers for Physical Vita Reward

Shizuka

As they've been hinting at something due March, I guess they'll make the March release for the first two games they promised during the campaign.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
As they've been hinting at something due March, I guess they'll make the March release for the first two games they promised during the campaign.

Geeze that would be crazy fast! I wonder if they would ship the physical items separately?

I'm guessing they aren't going to ship the physical items until Alternative is done.

Yep, especially when a large portion of the physical items involve a boxset that can't be shipped until Alternative is done. I'd expect the physical items some time after the digital release of Alternative.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, especially when a large portion of the physical items involve a boxset that can't be shipped until Alternative is done. I'd expect the physical items some time after the digital release of Alternative.

True, I guess it is in a sort of set, rather than like Grisaia where each game has a different case for it.

Shizuka

They said they'd be shipping the complete collector's boxes by the end of the year. They'll ship it once the box is complete with all the items.

Speaking of which, I guess there are some high level backers here ?
Anyone here not interested in the Steam DL version and potentially willing to sell it at release ?
Talking to maybe some Vita fans or one about to play the other DL/physical version.

They said they'd be shipping the complete collector's boxes by the end of the year. They'll ship it once the box is complete with all the items.

Since they're offering digital keys with all their physical copies at least they won't run into the problem other Kickstarters have faced where KS backers have to wait to get their copies until well after normal customers.

Shizuka

Since they've offering digital keys with all their physical copies at least they won't run into the problem other Kickstarters have faced where KS backers have to wait to get their copies until well after normal customers.

They've created a system where basically everybody wins. I got the Vita $150 CE and I'll play the games in advance on my PC, since the Vita ports will take a little longer.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of which, I guess there are some high level backers here ?
Anyone here not interested in the Steam DL version and potentially willing to sell it at release ?
Talking to maybe some Vita fans or one about to play the other DL/physical version.

I have a Steam digital and Vita digital copy, along with digital OST, artbook, AND codex. Getting it all physical, so I do plan on selling those. Maybe as a bundle?

chrono01

srsly Chrono, we could have paid $225 CAD if this shit was still ongoing. for mine anyway, an extra $25 is yucky. didn't you add some extra stuff tho? so higher for you, but we lucked out, I guess?
I know, it's seriously scary. Good thing this KS happened last year and not now. R.I.P the CDN dollar. :/

Yeah, I added the physical Codex, so it'll still set me back a bit. I just need to decided whether to change from the printed shikishi to the hand-singed "sticker". The shikishi sounds like a cool idea, but it's a printed signature whereas the sticker will be hand-signed. That being said, I don't know how on the Japanese development team will be signing it, so...

Decisions must be made before the BackerKit closes!

Edit: Never mind, the development team one is printed too. The only way you get an actually hand-signed copy is with the $300 tier. Oh well, shikishi it is!

Shizuka

Muv-Luv Trilogy for PS Vita released today in Japan! It includes Teito Moyu(Expanded VN version of Total Eclipse's first 2 episodes) & Schwarzesmarken VN demo!

I wonder if we'll get those over here.

Shizuka

I think it's a good indication that it was the official Muv Luv Facebook page that shared that, the one run by the Kickstarter team from Degica.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's a good indication that it was the official Muv Luv Facebook page that shared that, the one run by the Kickstarter team from Degica.

They will definitely need something new to work on, too, after the trilogy is out. Side stories, spin offs etc can all be possible.

Shenmue

Banned
I'm so confused after this last update.

So for my Vita collectors edition i have the choices of "Signed box" or "Mini-shikishi". What does that mean exactly?

Is "signed box" just the signed sticker now?

Is the mini shikishi just a printed copy?

Jazz573

They will definitely need something new to work on, too, after the trilogy is out. Side stories, spin offs etc can all be possible.

Remember Degica is more than Muv-Luv. They have plenty of new things to work on, on a constant basis, even without âge.

Vanethyr

ZLM7GOR.png

Shizuka

Update coming soon, just got Muv Luv on Twitter saying that there'll be a significant update in about twelve hours ("tonight Japan time").

Vanethyr

New update:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/muvluv/muv-luv-a-pretty-sweet-visual-novel-series/posts/1475550

Signature Stickers will now be included with the Collector's Box as well!

All Collector's Boxes will be made in the US, and all TSF Boxes will be shipped directly to the US as soon as they're completed. Because of this, the Muv-Luv Japanese team can only sign clear stickers which will be included in the boxes. You can choose where to stick it.

The options for $150 and above Collector's Boxes are:

Hand-Signed Clear Sticker by anyone from the Muv-Luv Team in Japan
Printed Signature of Yoshimune-san on a Mini-Shikishi.
While all $300 and above TSF Boxes namely Raptor, Takemikazuchi, MiG Balalaika, Cheburashka, Aligatori and A-10 will either have a signed sticker OR pin badge:

Hand-Signed Clear Sticker by anyone from the *Core Members of Muv-Luv Team in Japan.
Takemikazuchi Chibi Pin Badge.

*Core Members namely Yoshimune-san, Baka-Ouji Persia, Kichikujin Tamuー and Spin Drill.

400,000 Bonus Content

As you are probably aware, we ended up exceeding our Kickstarter and stretch goals quite a bit. We've been discussing what to do with any extra money raised, our plan is below. Since the Muv-Luv Team is really busy with the game improvements, English localization, and Schwarzesmarken anime work, creating brand new content in time for our targeted September release is tricky.

However, the developers have agreed to give a few awesome news to everyone who backed the Kickstarter...

It's going to be an English translation of the Schwarzesmarken Visual Novel Demo!

The anime is currently available on Crunchyroll, and a lot of contents were cut from the adaptation. Schwarzesmarken demo covers a very detailed beginning of the story and the first Laserjagd mission of the 666th Squadron. If this bonus content is received well by the readers, then it will bring higher possibility in the near future the translation of both Schwarzesmarken games. :)

The $50,000~$150,000 Extra Budget

It currently looks like we're going to have $50,000- $150,000 in leftover funds. Shipping costs ended up being almost twice what we anticipated due in large part to the amount of physical extras we added during the campaign and the location of all of our backers (you guys are everywhere!!) However we've guaranteed one game for everyone---!

1. Teito Moyu sidestory will be translated!

As mentioned in one of our previous updates, Teito Moyu is a side story of Total Eclipse - it is the expanded version of the first two episodes of the anime. We're very happy to have this as part of our releases, please look forward to it!

2. And one more project to be potentially announced soon...

As soon as we have confirmed all of our upcoming expenses with shipping and production, it will determine if we can push for one full project for the extra amount aside from Teito Moyu. We will be announcing the status regarding this in a week or two, and we may actually setup a survey to let everyone choose what we should prioritize first. Keep your eyes peeled for the Luv! ;)

Thanks everyone and have a great day!

Cheers,
The Muv-Luv Team

upandaway

So its just the Schwarzesmarken demo. Though I doubt they'd translate that if there weren't plans to do the games too.
Well it's hard to imagine that there aren't plans to do the other games after everything went so well with the kickstarter. I'm just happy things are rolling, hopefully Total Eclipse comes too.

What's this about the stickers for the collector's edition? Will an option be added to the backerkit poll or what

blacksark

Yep, I don't know where the stickers of the collector or Mini-Shikishi has to be selected.Which one of the options do you like more?

Is there any indication of when the backerkit will be locked down and we'll get charged? I don't really like having pending credit card charges without knowing when they'll happen.

Vanethyr

Update #25: BackerKit lock down by end of February!

Hello Everyone,

Just a quick, straightforward update - We've decided to lock down all tiers which DO NOT include pillowcases by the end of February.

Locking down these tiers will give us accurate shipping information and production costs which will help us confirm how much budget is left over for other bonuses. We’ll send a few more reminders before the surveys are locked down.

As for the Collector's Box options, you will still be able to choose between the signed sticker or mini-shikishi.

Mini-Shikishi is a printed artwork styled into a Shikishi, with Japanese Muv-Luv team signatures printed onto it. If you have pledged for the $300 or $800 tiers (the ones with TSFs), and you'd like a Mini-Shikishi with one and a signature sticker with the other we recommend you choose the Mini-Shikishi for the collectors' box.

Lastly, Bou-san has started working on the pillowcase designs, and here's a rough sketch of Kei Ayamine!

KvNaSfq.png

We'll hopefully be seeing her in full color as well as the other heroines' sketches pretty soon.

Thanks again for backing our Kickstarter! :)

The Muv-Luv Team

I think there's your answer ;)

Top Bottom