• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon Gaze |OT| Even heroes have to pay rent

Lunar Curtain is a nice step up. Although, rotating tiles are pretty pointless on a map like this. Not to mention that visible gazer memos would make them pointless on any map.

I felt the same way.
I'm positive we will get the brutal dungeon we are expecting in this game, however.

Also... Parakeetman, you shall have my sword, comrade.
Cleaning up the closet a bit pulled out all of this. Though cant find where my Cross Blood PC version went... D: I think I have the 360 version of Students of the Round somewhere too. Must be stuck in one of the taped up boxes...

yDafROg.jpg

You could say Im a fan of the series / company lol

The game on the upper right was the one with the installation problems that Ive gotten zero support from EXP with. :/ Doesnt really matter all that much now considering I have the PSP version. Still doesnt help knowing that particular version of the game is worth about as much as a coaster in its current state tho.

From this legendary thread.

Want to get this but I don't play much at the PC these days...

God damn it. I had my Demon Gazer and Paladin at level 6, and my Healer at level 5. The boss fight against Mars was going super well... Until I ran out of MP and Mars one shot my Paladin. As soon as my Paladin dies, my Demon Gazer kills Mars in the next turn, but my Paladin doesn't get any of the XP from winning the fight.

My face when I realized that now I need to grind so my Paladin doesn't fall behind in levels:

EVhHTHX.jpg

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
God damn it. I had my Demon Gazer and Paladin at level 6, and my Healer at level 5. The boss fight against Mars was going super well... Until I ran out of MP and Mars one shot my Paladin. As soon as my Paladin dies, my Demon Gazer kills Mars in the next turn, but my Paladin doesn't get any of the XP from winning the fight.

My face when I realized that now I need to grind so my Paladin doesn't fall behind in levels:

EVhHTHX.jpg

Welcome to the world of dungeon crawling :D

I felt the same way.
I'm positive we will get the brutal dungeon we are expecting in this game, however.

Also... Parakeetman, you shall have my sword, comrade.

From this legendary thread.

Want to get this but I don't play much at the PC these days...

That upper left version of Students of Round for whatever reason did not want to install correctly... So its basically a coaster lol. Tried emailing them about it, but never got a response back.

Jindrael

Banned
Okay couldn't start yesterday because I had to stupidly grind the Diva room for the Platinum in PdF 2nd (god thanks this is over)!

Started a few hours ago, currently still have a 2 team party and was just stomped by Mars
in rageform.
Upped the difficulty to "warm" right after the first 10 minutes.
Now I should probably get a third member have already 2k banked but I have not bothered because everything was just dying but Mars really destroyed me
with the stupid blocking seeds

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

EVhHTHX.jpg
I'm the same way; I always restart if one dies on a boss though.

Dragun619

So I too, went to gamestop and bought this. Kinda bought it blind, only knowing it's dungeon crawler, and I've never really played those before so Hopefully, I'll enjoy it.

Looking at the past few pages tho, I think I'll get a Paladin for taking hits, and then grind/ save up to buy a room for a third character, a healer. Any other tips? or I'm set to go with just that.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
So I too, went to gamestop and bought this. Kinda bought it blind, only knowing it's dungeon crawler, and I've never really played those before so Hopefully, I'll enjoy it.

Looking at the past few pages tho, I think I'll get a Paladin for taking hits, and then grind/ save up to buy a room for a third character, a healer. Any other tips? or I'm set to go with just that.
Those are the first 3 that I went with.

Parakeetman

Yep you should be good to go with that. Its the most basic start and perfect for someone new to the series.

Sounds like you have a good early strategy. Watch out for that Goblin King in the beginning and have fun.
Post your impressions

Dugna

EVhHTHX.jpg

Grinding doesn't seem all that hard in this game though, I abuse the auto walk system after I explored a good line through the skull icons. I went through Red City about 80 times before I beat Mars. I mean I didn't need to but I just like grinding.

Parakeetman

So what's the recommend 4th character? Another front row damage dealer, or a back row spell slinger?

All really depends on play style. But for myself I put in a Ney samurai. Other folks use rangers / assassins etc.

Sweet, Thanks guys. Looking forward to playing it tonight.

In case you were not familiar with how much the room rent stuff is heres the info again.

Ok heres the room cost breakdown. When you purchase a new room for rent it comes with a character too which can be taken as is or edited to your liking.

1st Room = Free from game event
2nd Room = 1000G
3rd Room = 5000 G
4th Room = 10,000 G

Making additional characters = 500G. Limit though is 3 and these will be on standby until you swap them with one of your other characters who are currently allocated to a room. Basically breakdown is 4 in rooms, 3 on standby.
DONT DO THIS TILL AFTER YOU RENTED ALL ROOMS. Or else you will be wasting money.

the general build I had for one of my parties that I run in the game. Posted this a while back.
Mine are generally built around speed & defensive ability.

(stats go from priority left to right)

FRONT ROW
Demon Gazer - AGI - STR - VIT
Paladin - HUM - VIT - STR - AGI
Samurai - NEY - STR - AGI

REAR ROW
Healer - MIG - MYS - AGI
Assassin - NEY - AGI - LUC - STR

Parakeetman

Sounds like I won't screw up my party too much either way. Thanks everyone.

Good luck!

the only thing you have to worry about screwing up is the stats point allocation, but thats kinda hard to do as the choices should be fairly obvious haha.

CrovaxPSO

This is what I left my game off at last year. I can't remember why I pumped VIT so high, but did turn up the difficulty so that might have been why.

Human Gazer
0ruXAG5.jpg

Ney Samurai
60RbzZ1.jpg

Dwarf Paladin
0nurPrC.jpg

Migmy Healer
Pz1gHmV.jpg

Ney Ranger
khMsIZ9.jpg

24vZVnA.jpg

Parakeetman

If my original JP data had not gone the way of the dodo, you folks would have freaked out lol.

Do I need to have the treasure maps in my inventory to actually find the items? Considering writing down the coordinates and selling the maps.

Really enjoying this but not very far yet. English dub is surprisingly good and the music is great.

Rolf NB

So not only do people not read the OP, they also don't bother looking at the pretty pictures? ;_;
I went back to the OP just now to confirm any NIS involvement, and I did see Flonne and Etna. Don't ask me why, but I seriously wasn't aware before. And I think I already posted in here a couple times as well.

e: actually, I think I've been conflating the previous release announcement thread with this one, and kind of assumed I had already absorbed the information. Sry :}

Parakeetman

So not only do people not read the OP, they also don't bother looking at the pretty pictures? ;_;

Get used to it, since its going to happen a lot more. :D The joys of running an OT...

Do I need to have the treasure maps in my inventory to actually find the items? Considering writing down the coordinates and selling the maps.
Really enjoying this but not very far yet. English dub is surprisingly good and the music is great.

Just toss the maps in your storage and try using just the coordinates for one of them that you wrote down first.

ZeroAKA

I went back to the OP just now to confirm any NIS involvement, and I did see Flonne and Etna. Don't ask me why, but I seriously wasn't aware before. And I think I already posted in here a couple times as well.
No worries, I was just kidding.

Get used to it, since its going to happen a lot more. :D The joys of running an OT...
I (somewhat accidentally) signed up for OTs for 3 games that are all coming out within a month of each other. Demon Gaze was just the first. >.<

Parakeetman

No worries, I was just kidding.

I (somewhat accidentally) signed up for OTs for 3 games that are all coming out within a month of each other. Demon Gaze was just the first. >.<

Over here its going to be Stranger of Sword City: White Palace and Freedom Wars in the same month for me June. Planning on doing the import OT for both. Since that seems to be ok as the other person has the US one claimed with Freedom Wars. I dont do US OTs anyways lol. Then July is Tokyo New World Record: Operation Abyss.

So am starting to collect what I can now and might prep stuff ahead of time if possible. Only prob is asides from Freedom Wars, the other 2 games are seriously lacking in resources at the moment which has me concerned...

I'll give it a go when I have the right demon skills.

I actually never tried that myself, writing down the coordinates / selling maps as I literally used to run around kicking every single wall I came across lol

So is there a reason I keep seeing that people have corrupted save game files? There was a review where their saved game was screwed up as well.

I want to avoid this.

Parakeetman

So is there a reason I keep seeing that people have corrupted save game files? There was a review where their saved game was screwed up as well.

I want to avoid this.

I wonder if thats some sort of new bug, since I dont recall it being in JP &#25915;&#30053; wikis that usually have a bug report section.

Has anyone taken the time out to tweet NISA about this problem? Including a SS if possible am sure would help.

Are you subscribed to PS+? I've been backing up my save to the cloud after every session.

No, but I'm considering it just for the cloud saves.

I wonder if thats some sort of new bug, since I dont recall it being in JP &#25915;&#30053; wikis that usually have a bug report section.

Has anyone taken the time out to tweet NISA about this problem? Including a SS if possible am sure would help.

There's a screenshot earlier in the thread from a user who lost a 40 hour save and couldn't recover his saves from the cloud either

Edit: found it
Bl85VZhCAAA9pma.jpg

Well...this sucks.

41 hours in and right at the end of the game. Went to load up my save file and got an error message saying the game (as well as all my other games) were corrupt. Was told to reboot the Vita so I did that. All my games are fine and other save files seem okay. Except for my Demon Gaze file unfortunately...

Parakeetman

No, but I'm considering it just for the cloud saves.

There's a screenshot earlier in the thread from a user who lost a 40 hour save and couldn't recover his saves from the cloud either

Edit: found it

Yeah I know about that post, since replied to the guy who had taken it. I dont use things like twitter and whatnots, which is why was suggesting someone else who does to go and Tweet it to NISA. As save data problems are pretty serious and needs to be looked internally ASAP if they dont already know about it.

Ironjam

Damn, the boss right before you get to
Grimodar
doesnt mess around. Took me 50 minutes, half my inventory and all my revives to finish her with everyone alive.

Should I be traversing these damage floors or do I get something later that negates them?

I just beat Mars and have a four person team now. Might give Chronos a go right away.

What should I be doing to get to the point of defeating Chronos and Mars? They wreck me at every attempt. I have 3 characters in my party, Gazer, Paladin and Healer.

EDIT: I've been grinding some levels but I still seem out of their reach.

pariah164

What should I be doing to get to the point of defeating Chronos and Mars? They wreck me at every attempt. I have 3 characters in my party, Gazer, Paladin and Healer.

EDIT: I've been grinding some levels but I still seem out of their reach.
Chronos
definitely calls for at least a 4-person party. Save up your gold. As for
Mars
, just keep on top of the healing and your Paladin should be able to tank for you if they know Devotion (and have enough points in VIT).

Top Bottom