• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls |OT2| Soulsuckingly brilliant RPG full of Demon's Crack

krakov

Darkmoon and Bladestone agreed. For everything not stones I just kill the reaper at the start of 4-2 and buy what I need from Blige.

Almost any stone is annoying to farm, and then you need a random amount of them to upgrade stuff. Much prefer the simplified system in Dark Souls.

RedSwirl

Okay guys, only 1-4 remains to be beaten for me.
Biorr, Ostrava, and the red dragon
are dead. What can I expect for the rest of the game?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
The two red knights are the most difficult. It's really not all that hard, but it will take a few run throughs.

RedSwirl

Okay, at the old one. Read up a bit. Tips for
making it to Phalanx again with all souls intact
? I actually didn't die at all my first time fighting him.

Okay, at the old one. Read up a bit. Tips for
making it to Phalanx again with all souls intact
? I actually didn't die at all my first time fighting him.

1-1 isn't really much different on NG+, so the only tip is to double up on defense and don't take chances. For
Phalanx
bring lots and lots of Firebombs and Turpentine, he's a bit of a different monster on NG+.

neoemonk

I beat Flamelurker last night. I ended up cheesing him though. He got stuck on the environment and I was able to Soul Ray him to death after dying several times to him prior to that. I could never seem to roll away from his attacks. The burst always caught me no matter what way I went.

Almost any stone is annoying to farm, and then you need a random amount of them to upgrade stuff. Much prefer the simplified system in Dark Souls.

dark souls system is better, agreed. but the above stones are the only ones that gave me any real grief, requiring a hefty dose of persistence and luck. the others just took patient farming.

Sayah

Strange. With my old profile, it's not pure black. But when I created a new character, it's pitch black for that character. Anyone know any solution for fixing this?

Sayah

^
I tried quitting and reloading like 8 times. I was in the area with the spider archstone. Then, I thought maybe it might have to do with my location so I tried it in the nexus and boletarian palace and it's pitch black now. Thanks! :D

Wish I had asked here earlier. Missed nearly a whole month of pure black tendency.

Sullichin

^
I tried quitting and reloading like 8 times. I was in the area with the spider archstone. Then, I thought maybe it might have to do with my location so I tried it in the nexus and boletarian palace and it's pitch black now. Thanks! :D

Wish I had asked here earlier. Missed nearly a whole month of pure black tendency.

It hasn't been pure black for nearly a month. The first half was pure white. Also, world tendency changes aren't seen until you go back into the nexus and then back in the level.

Sayah

It hasn't been pure black for nearly a month. The first half was pure white. Also, world tendency changes aren't seen until you go back into the nexus and then back in the level.

Oh, I thought it was for the whole month. That's good to know. Thanks!

rataven

Dang, I just started NG+ and the world tendency is pitch black. Quite the steep increase in difficulty! Black Phantom
Satsuki
just annihilated me in one hit at full HP. Fun!

I would go after the weapons dropped by certain black phantoms now, while it is pure black. I think that's for the Unique Weapons trophy. It isn't impossible otherwise, but it's much easier to do so right now.

greyshark

When this game goes offline at the end of the month, will it still be possible to get a platinum trophy? (offline mode)

Yep - you will only lose the ability to do multi-player. The tendency events were nice to speed up the process, but it's completely possible to do everything in the game (trophy-wise) offline.

This game is litteraly raping me.

I've been doing the first level (the castle one with the Dragons in the end) 15 times over (but well, to be fair I improved a lot - the parrying system is so satisfying - and over half of these deaths were due to the red knight).

I've got two questions :
- How do I beat the red knight ? I bought a crossbow, thinking it would help me taking him down from a distance, but no luck, he notices me before I can lock on him. I can also throw fire grenades at him but he uses a potion T_T
- What do I do with the dragons ? The first time I've confronted one was on the bridge with all the soldiers and a red one just blasted everything away with its fire breath, and the I get killed when I get too close to the nest.

Saya

Just started this... any tips on a good build? I always love to play as a "classic" knight, meaning one handing a sword and shield. :D

Should I just level up Vit / End / Str?

I've been doing the first level (the castle one with the Dragons in the end) 15 times over (but well, to be fair I improved a lot - the parrying system is so satisfying - and over half of these deaths were due to the red knight).

I've got two questions :
- How do I beat the red knight ? I bought a crossbow, thinking it would help me taking him down from a distance, but no luck, he notices me before I can lock on him. I can also throw fire grenades at him but he uses a potion T_T
- What do I do with the dragons ? The first time I've confronted one was on the bridge with all the soldiers and a red one just blasted everything away with its fire breath, and the I get killed when I get too close to the nest.

Are you talking about the infamous red knight in level 1-1? Don't worry about him right now. Just go through the game and level up and come back to him later. It looks like there is a locked door behind him....

Just time a run-through over the bridge when the dragon isn't demolishing it. And it's possible to get close to their nest and grab some items, but you shouldn't try to attack them yet.

oracrest

When this game goes offline at the end of the month, will it still be possible to get a platinum trophy? (offline mode)

I think the only thing you won't be able to get anymore will be the
Monk's head wrap
which isn't tied to any trophy.

I've got two questions :

in answer to your questions..... Forget both of them for now, and try again at a later time...

cj_iwakura

Compound Bow > mind flayers. Snipe those fools from a distance with the thief's ring.

Any recommendations for good L1 gear? My scimitar will NOT cut it against Maneater.
(I've been doing an L1 run before the servers went down, as uh, I thought they were.)

cj_iwakura

That was beautiful.

Just killed Penetrator solo, L1. Biorr was there, but the fat oaf stood there and watched, so I killed that fool myself.

Ugh, I just started NG+ and died in 1-1 losing 200k...

Funny thing was, I made it to the Phalanx no problem, but I died against it. Then on the way back, I lost concentration and got killed by a single fucking dregling arghhhh.

I wasn't even that mad tbh. I was just like heh, wtf, and calmly quit the game.

Quikies83

Anyone down for some co-op? I'm SL 13 and have only knocked out 1-1, 2-1, 3-1. Not really sure about the order I should go in. I'm thinking 4-1 or 1-2 next. Who's down?

PSN: NotSureIfSiris

I'm trying to get the Soldier's Trophy for my platinum and was wondering if anyone knows the link to where the current and upcoming server World Tendency statuses are shown? I'm pretty sure I've seen it before, but can't seem to find it now. It'd be helpful to know if there's a Pure Black event coming up or not.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
There isn't, and frankly getting Black WT is completely easy. Just die in human form like 2-3 times for each world.

cj_iwakura

Old Hero down.

L1 run bosses left:

-Storm Ruler
-Dirty Colossus
-Astraea
-Maneater(oh god)
-Old Monk
-False King Allant(nooooo)

Always down for co-up, though my three other PCs are 121, 80, and 127 respectively.

neoemonk

I was reading a trophy guide for the platinum for this game, and apparently there's a dupe trick that you can use to save time farming stones. However, you can also use it to duplicate Demon's Souls that you need for some of the collection trophies.

I'm a little torn about this. I don't think saving time from farming stones is that big of a deal, but duping the boss souls seems a bit too cheap.

Quikies83

Stick to her left leg, so rotating to the right, and cut her untill she falls then cut her face.
She's the easiest boss, doable at SL1

She was super easy. I feel like a fool! The skeleton before her was more difficult :-/
My problem was I was trying to fight from high up and her tongue was just destroying me. Once I moved the fight to ground level, it was a cake walk.
What would be a good level order for me to follow? I've taken care of 1-1, 2-1, 3-1, and 4-1.

cj_iwakura

She was super easy. I feel like a fool! The skeleton before her was more difficult :-/
My problem was I was trying to fight from high up and her tongue was just destroying me. Once I moved the fight to ground level, it was a cake walk.
What would be a good level order for me to follow? I've taken care of 1-1, 2-1, 3-1, and 4-1.

I'd do 1-2 next, get the Short Compound Bow from the rafters and tell Tower Knight I said hi.

Top Bottom