• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 beta codes and preload is up (for PS4)

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I receive a support email response from Amazon telling me to simply click the blue link under the picture that mentions the time of the beta. Clearly I can't obtain a code from that link. I hate support sometimes.

I gave up with Amazon sending me a code for my limited edition that I had ordered in April so just pre ordered a new copy and was insta emailed a code.

What a faf!

I receive a support email response from Amazon telling me to simply click the blue link under the picture that mentions the time of the beta. Clearly I can't obtain a code from that link. I hate support sometimes.

Yeah I had the same nonsense after a 3 day back and forth with them.

jmartoine

You talking about modifiers on some activities that prevent you switching out gear?

Yeah I think there is some confusion here. In the full game there will be activities where you are loadout locked and cannot change weapons and such.

For the beta you will be able to switch between weapons on the fly to try them out.

KeRaSh

Damnit, just saw that the strike and crucible require PS+...
My brother doesn't want to resubscribe just for the beta. Is there a way to get a free trial or something? Like... could he use a new SEN account and get a free 14 day trial?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Japan's beta doesnt require preordering (Japan doesn't roll like that) so I'm preloaded and ready to go. Interested to see how this beta goes.

everyer

Never played Destiny. What's the mode that you're "raiding" with other players, and is it in the beta?

raid is a challenged pve activity, where there are bosses, longer and harder than strike/nightfall.

also it will require 6 players, while other pve modes require only 3.

panda-zebra

Banned
Never played Destiny. What's the mode that you're "raiding" with other players, and is it in the beta?

That's a strike. 3 person fireteam, waves of enemies, mid-bosses, end boss/es, chance of ok drops at end and maybe access to a loot chest. 5-15 minute thing. A raid is a 6-person activity on a much grander scale.

Ozorov

raid is a challenged pve activity, where there are bosses, longer and harder than strike/nightfall.

also it will require 6 players, while other pve modes require only 3.

Okey, so in the beta we'll getting Homecoming story mission (Solo?), Strike (Mini-raid with 3 players?) and Crucible (???????)

everyer

Do you get anything in the retail game for playing the beta?

a beta emblem.

07062017_beta_emblem_1.jpg

everyer

Okey, so in the beta we'll getting Homecoming story mission (Solo?), Strike (Mini-raid with 3 players?) and Crucible (???????)

strike is strike, like a dungeon in WOW.
Homecoming is story mission, but I’m pretty sure it can be played by up to 3 players.
Cruicible with 2 maps, 4V4 each.
and last hour will be testing the social area: the farm.

Impulsor

So anyone else going Hunter? Or am I gonna be stuck with a bunch of cap'n America's.

I've mained hunter for ever in Destiny 1, except for the last expansion, that I didn't play.

I always felt "bad" because I found hunter subclasses to be the worst... I'm afraid it may happen again in Destiny 2, but I really like my hunter anyways, I'm really attached to him.

i was always jealous of Titans and warlocks.

Theorry

I've mained hunter for ever in Destiny 1, except for the last expansion, that I didn't play.

I always felt "bad" becaus eI felt hunter subclasses were the worst... I'm afraid it may happen again in Destiny 2, but I really like my hunter anyways, I'm really attached to him.

Nightstalker was maybe the best after Defender for end game content.

I always felt "bad" because I found hunter subclasses to be the worst... I'm afraid it may happen again in Destiny 2, but I really like my hunter anyways, I'm really attached to him.

i was always jealous of Titans and warlocks.

Nightstalker was maybe the best after Defender for end game content.

Yeah Nightstalker is insanely awesome for boss fights.

Spades

"The Destiny 2 beta will feature more than twenty weapons for players to equip, including three Exotics: Sweet Business, Sunshot, and Risk Runner. Three armor sets are available for each class, for a total of nine complete sets and forty-five individual pieces."

"Emotes
The Beta features dancing and the versatile social interactions, wave, sit, and point."

Edit: Wish they'd left Exotics out of the beta.

everyer

"The Destiny 2 beta will feature more than twenty weapons for players to equip, including three Exotics: Sweet Business, Sunshot, and Risk Runner. Three armor sets are available for each class, for a total of nine complete sets and forty-five individual pieces."

"Emotes
The Beta features dancing and the versatile social interactions, wave, sit, and point."

Edit: Wish they'd left Exotics out of the beta.

should be loot/drop or already in inventory?

Theorry

Bladedancer got nerfed to oblivion. Sith lord Warlock and Hammer Titans ruled over PVP.

Not for me. Those Warlocks and Titans have nothing on my Gunslinger. When i hear them activate it i always laugh and activate my golden gun and its bye bye. Bladedancer is still great also. Not as good as year 1. But still very good if you know how to play them.

broony

should be loot/drop or already in inventory?
Already in inventory I think. It's basically the same as the reveal / e3 stuff show I believe. You choose Titan and the already have all the guns and armour equipped. There's not loot drops in the beta. Presumably to keep the gear in the main game under wraps.

ramyeon

Already in inventory I think. It's basically the same as the reveal / e3 stuff show I believe. You choose Titan and the already have all the guns and armour equipped. There's not loot drops in the beta. Presumably to keep the gear in the main game under wraps.
There was an event the other day where people played the beta early. There are loot drops, the loot pool will just be limited. This isn't the E3 demo.

Top Bottom