• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 comes out on PC in 1 month from today, how many are still excited?

I play every current modern Blizzard game and Destiny more than holds its own in quality with any of them.

So what, are my points irrelevant? Do you feel that my points I put out are wrong? If so, I'm here to be enlightened.

Edit: Let me get my full argument here, as I admit I'm getting a bit heated myself. I want the franchise of Destiny to do good to be put alongside Blizzard games. I'm adamant against Destiny 2 (and the franchise so far by relation) because what I've seen/played is mediocrity and nothing what I expect of a game on the Battle.Net client. Either the game needs to get its shit together or stay off Battle.Net entirely. Again, Destiny 2 being a mediocre game on Battle.Net sets precedent for other mediocre games from Activision being shoved into it as well.

Syf

Banned
Would be more excited if its release didn't (likely) line up with what's shaping up to be one of WoW's most climactic raids ever, if not the most. I may end up waiting a bit to buy, but I'm still interested. Just that no game is gonna pull me away from what's about to happen in WoW.

Strakt

So what, are my points irrelevant? Do you feel that my points I put out are wrong? If so, I'm here to be enlightened.

Yea you should actually just make your own thread as this thread has nothing to do with your opinion of it being on battle.net or not.

Destiny 2 had 1.3+ million concurrent players, more than probably most games on blizzard's battle.net. Therefore your point of decline in sales is actually irrelevant, and everything else you pointed out is opinion based.

120v

client really doesn't matter with big games. steam, uplay, origin or battle.net people will go to whatever

i'd think that battle.net would give the game a slight edge directing people getting tired of diablo or maybe even overwatch. but in the gist of things it doesn't really matter

I play every current modern Blizzard game and Destiny more than holds its own in quality with any of them.
Honestly it's not even that much since Hots, hearthstone, SC2 and Diablo 3 vanilla are garbage games. There's a reason blizzard is selling SC:bw again. The "blizzard quality" is a long lost memory, and I played all of blizzard games with 300 days played in WoW.

Geist-

Lost most of my interest from the demo and post-launch reviews and impressions, there are plenty of other games to play where I don't have to deal with Activision/Bungie's bullshit.

I might grab it next year when they inevitably have some collection that gives me everything.

Would be more excited if its release didn't (likely) line up with what's shaping up to be one of WoW's most climactic raids ever, if not the most. I may end up waiting a bit to buy, but I'm still interested. Just that no game is gonna pull me away from what's about to happen in WoW.
Antorus is releasing on 22 November at the earliest, you have time.

Yea you should actually just make your own thread as this thread has nothing to do with your opinion of it being on battle.net or not.

Destiny 2 had 1.3+ million concurrent players, more than probably most games on blizzard's battle.net. Therefore your point of decline in sales is actually irrelevant, and everything else you pointed out is opinion based.

No, the thread you created was asking for opinions on "excitement" for the title on PC. My presence on the thread is warranted and my posts haven't deviated from the main topic.

Yes the game has 1.3 million+ concurrent players on the console platforms. That's great. It still doesn't change the fact that is a decline from the original game and it does not translate into objective truth that it'll do the same on PC.

iHaunter

Honestly it's not even that much since Hots, hearthstone, SC2 and Diablo 3 vanilla are garbage games. There's a reason blizzard is selling SC:bw again. The "blizzard quality" is a long lost memory, and I played all of blizzard games with 300 days played in WoW.

It went downhill since Blizzard was bought by Activision, they can pretend.

Blizzard games are insanely polished though, even those you mentioned. Hearthstone and HOTS had great releases. D3 and SCII was average. Overwatch was great as well, I disagree.

Finaj

Not that interested. There's a lot of games coming out in October and I don't have the time or communication to handle its raids. Let me know when Destiny decides to get a LFR-type system similar to what WoW has.

Where is all this sentiment of post launch people thinking it's "meh"? Because of a couple somewhat negative reviews?

Cause it isn't from the community. The trophy completion percentages are insane on PS4, people aren't just playing this forms few hours than quitting and moving on. They are playing a ton of it

Played the preview thing for it, was happy to see a Destiny title on PC but I'm not buying it right away if at all.

All the user reviews from websites I've seen are saying it's more of Destiny 1 but with better graphics, more items, etc. That was never a problem. The problem was people to play with and not being able to do certain content without a dedicated group of people.

The1Ski

I originally intended to double dip (currently paying on PS4) but I'm not sure the game had the legs to last long term. I was hoping to use the console time to get familiar with the systems, which has happened. Unfortunately the loot has already become uninteresting. Legendary armor has miniscule differences at the same power level. So for me, if something doesn't change with itemization, I'm sure I'll get my fill over the next month.

Strakt

No, the thread you created was asking for opinions on "excitement" for the title on PC. My presence on the thread is warranted and my posts haven't deviated from the main topic.

Yes the game as 1.3 million+ concurrent players on the console platforms. That's great. It still doesn't change the fact that is a decline from the original game and it does not translate into objective truth that it'll do the same on PC.

There is no point in talking about sales for a game where

1) The game isn't even out on PC
2) The game was on xbox 360 and ps3 when destiny 1 came out

You point out sales more than Activision and Bungie in your destiny posts.

Its cool to see that you aren't interested in Destiny 2 (Kinda understood that in every single one of your Destiny posts since last month)... but at the end of the day, its gonna be on battle.net and a lot of people agree that it belongs there. You can call the game and all its MMO elements mediocre and compare it to irrelevant titles, but its simply just your opinion.. Not sure why you're trying to start a heated debate on what service it should be on. I've played worse games especially on Blizzard's launcher.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I originally intended to double dip (currently paying on PS4) but I'm not sure the game had the legs to last long term. I was hoping to use the console time to get familiar with the systems, which has happened. Unfortunately the loot has already become uninteresting. Legendary armor has miniscule differences at the same power level. So for me, if something doesn't change with itemization, I'm sure I'll get my fill over the next month.
This right here.

anddo0

I jumped the gun and purchased the PS4 version to play with friends.

Worst purchase of the year so far.. It's not that the game is bad. I've just had my fill of the franchise.

-The SP was a chore to play through.
-I'll most likely have to rely on guided games to play NF and raid. I can't play with friends, because life and work :( My fault not Bungies.

Anyway, 60fps isn't going to be enough for me to double dip.. It's the same game at the end of the day.. Destiny 2 isn' leap I was looking for.

Raven117

Because its being integrated with the Battle.Net community and is inherently going to be put up against Blizzard titles. You open the Battle.Net client and you see WoW, SC2, D3, SC:R, Overwatch, etc., genre-defining titles with the gameplay and polish to back it up. Then you have the odd stepchild that is Destiny 2. There's prestige here and Bungie's title doesn't fit here.
Lol. What am I reading?! This is nonsense.

Blizzard polishes and refines for sure, but they have not created a truely innovative genre defining (or creating) a game.... ever.

It went downhill since Blizzard was bought by Activision, they can pretend.

Blizzard games are insanely polished though, even those you mentioned. Hearthstone and HOTS had great releases. D3 and SCII was average. Overwatch was great as well, I disagree.
All of them had great releases, blizzard games sell anyway even if they are bad because people buy them just because they are blizzard games, I know a lot of people that exclusively game on PC and only have Bnet games installed.
With legion (mostly) and overwatch they finally got a bit of their shits together but remember that overwatch started as a failure much greater project.

Finaj

The thing I don't like is when using LFR in WoW people will always just rage quit if you wipe...So annoying.

Better to rage quit with a random group than breaking up a guild (not sure if it still happens).

Still haven't beaten Kil'Jaeden in LFR. Bastard is tough.

There is no point in talking about sales for a game where

1) The game isn't even out on PC
2) The game was on xbox 360 and ps3 when destiny 1 came out

You point out sales more than Activision and Bungie in your destiny posts.

Its cool to see that you aren't interested in Destiny 2 (Kinda understood that in every single one of your Destiny posts since last month)... but at the end of the day, its gonna be on battle.net and a lot of people agree that it belongs there. You can call the game and all its MMO elements mediocre and compare it to irrelevant titles, but its simply just your opinion.. Not sure why you're trying to start a heated debate on what service it should be on. I've played worse games especially on Blizzard's launcher.

Am I wrong in saying the Destiny 2 has poor MMO mechanics compared to WoW. Am I wrong in saying Destiny 2 has poor loothunting content compared to Diablo 3 and WoW? Am I wrong in saying Destiny 2's lack of dedicated servers is ludicrous? Am I wrong in saying Destiny 2's narrative is weak compared to Blizzard's already average narratives amongst its franchises?

The sales figures I point out because they are objective and the points I posted above are currently subjective (even though I believe them to be objective as well) due to merit of debate. Additionally, the sales figures are relevant because the game's predecessor was console only and these sales figures are.... console-only. I never seen an argument from GAF, or any gaming community say "yeah this console game will do better on PC".

Lol. What am I reading?! This is nonsense.

Blizzard polishes and refines for sure, but they have not created a truely innovative genre defining (or creating) a game.... ever.

Actually, I'll agree to this. I let hyperbole take hold of my posts, apologies. Blizzard has never been innovative, they've been iterative. Genre-defining is still relevant however with the likes of WoW, StarCraft, Overwatch, and Hearthstone. Even Diablo 3 still holds clout to the merits of its predecessor.

Destiny 2 is underwhelming in my opinion. I'm glad they made the marginal improvements that they did, but I'm not particularly interested in the game anymore. I still think it's a good game, I'm just not that interested in it at this point.

120v

Where is all this sentiment of post launch people thinking it's "meh"? Because of a couple somewhat negative reviews?

Cause it isn't from the community. The trophy completion percentages are insane on PS4, people aren't just playing this forms few hours than quitting and moving on. They are playing a ton of it

i think the issue is Destiny is a known quantity by now and D2 wasn't supposed to rock the world, rather just be an upgrade for players of the first game and maybe tow a few newcomers along

but being an AAA marquee fall title it's going to attract a lot a scrutiny. for example people throwing their hands in the air because the story sucks and campaign is anemic. i mean, you've a right to an opinion but why the hell would you be playing for destiny for that in the first place

Duxxy3

Some excitement. Doesn't necessarily mean it's a day one buy for me though. I don't like when publishers treat PC gamers like second class citizens.

Syf

Banned
Still haven't beaten Kil'Jaeden in LFR. Bastard is tough.
Dude I had people running off the edge of the platform because someone was pinging out of bounds during dark phase. Literally just running off the platform to their deaths. The most LFR thing I've ever seen lol

Dude I had people running off the edge of the platform because someone was pinging out of bounds during dark phase. Literally just running off the platform to their deaths. The most LFR thing I've ever seen lol

DPS can coast through the raid according to this thread lawl. That enrage timer on Normal is BS after 2 weeks it launched.

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
Saw some footage and it looked insanely boring. User impressions seem to agree in terms of bland AI and there being basically no difficulty. I'll give it a miss and pray borderlands 3 doesn't suck.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I'm still a bit hyped, as I hope PC Destiny 2 will come feature complete with console Destiny 2 (with maybe more items, weapons, etc hopefully) in an improved form. I enjoy the game but I will wait for reviews/impressions of the PC version first.

dengatron

DPS can coast through the raid according to this thread lawl. That enrage timer on Normal is BS after 2 weeks it launched.

personal responsibility is much higher in destiny 2's single raid than there is in mythic tomb right now, 100%. do you raid at all right now?

OT: yes. my guild and i are extremely stoked for destiny 2 right now, especially with the current state of wow's endgame. the tuning in tomb was abysmal and mythic+ for rewards won't be enticing again until antorus launches, and by then i'm sure i'll likely be way way over legion. i basically raid log right now as it is and play overwatch and league with my down time instead of wow so destiny will replace those 2 for me.

Stygr

Banned
0 interest, i skipped the first one and i'll skip this one aswell, not gonna waste 100€+ between a boring game and expansion, i didn't like the beta at all.

I would have loved to get it on PC but the 6 week wait + none of my friends playing it on PC meant I went for the PS4 version. Not gonna double dip on a multiplayer game I'd have to play by myself. Again.

personal responsibility is much higher in destiny 2's single raid than there is in mythic tomb right now, 100%. do you raid at all right now?

I do weekly heroic on ToS. I can't speak for Destiny 2 raids because I haven't played them (PC player, only played the beta). From what I've watched/heard, I see no mechanics from Destiny 2's current raid that can compare to WoW. Personal responsibility I can buy due to virtue of being a smaller group size, but that doesn't hold much weight under the scrutiny of a team-based objective designed to overcome developer-created challenges.

poodaddy

A lot of my buddies are pretty damn stoked about it so I guess it's still got a lot of hype goin for it. Me personally I couldn't give less of a shit, but then I'm not the demographic at all. I think it'll probably do well.

Strakt

Am I wrong in saying the Destiny 2 has poor MMO mechanics compared to WoW. Am I wrong in saying Destiny 2 has poor loothunting content compared to Diablo 3 and WoW? Am I wrong in saying Destiny 2's lack of dedicated servers is ludicrous? Am I wrong in saying Destiny 2's narrative is weak compared to Blizzard's already average narratives amongst its franchises?

Yea you are.. because WoW is an MMO and Destiny isn't. It's like comparing Overwatch to a MOBA because they share the same element of "roles (tank dps support) and heroes with abilities and ultimates". Just because they share similar elements doesn't mean they should be compared. They are completely two different games with different play styles. It belongs on Battle.net simply because 1) Its polished and 2) It takes a little bit of each blizzard game and combines it into its own different genre. 3) It will outperform plenty of games on Blizzard's launcher currently in terms of popularity.

If you want to compare something to Destiny 2, then compare it to Warframe or Borderlands as those are the only two similar games out right now. If you want to do that, make your own thread.. as your shit posts are getting out of hand.

I do weekly heroic on ToS. I can't speak for Destiny 2 raids because I haven't played them (PC player, only played the beta). From what I've watched/heard, I see no mechanics from Destiny 2's current raid that can compare to WoW. Personal responsibility I can buy, but that doesn't hold much weight under the scrutiny of a team-based objective designed to overcome developer-created challenges.
Half of mythic Tomb is have your rogues/hunters soak shit and the other kill the boss, it's not fun at all. KJ is all your raid soak shit and really hard though.

Yea you are.. because WoW is an MMO and Destiny isn't. It's like comparing Overwatch to a MOBA because they share the same element of "roles (tank dps support) and heroes with abilities and ultimates". Just because they share similar elements doesn't mean they should be compared. They are completely two different games with different play styles. It belongs on Battle.net simply because 1) Its polished and 2) It takes a little bit of each blizzard game and combines it into its own different genre. 3) It will outperform plenty of games on Blizzard's launcher currently in terms of popularity.

If you want to compare something to Destiny 2, then compare it to Warframe or Borderlands as those are the only two similar games out right now. If you want to do that, make your own thread.. as your shit posts are getting out of hand.

My shitposts are getting out of hand because I'm comparing MMO and loothunting elements of a game that shares space on the same digital platform that hosts WoW and Diablo 3. Okay. But that's only 2 out of 4 points. Lack of dedicated servers and narrative is something you can get behind that's not Blizzard quality then?

Half of mythic Tomb is have your rogues/hunters soak shit and the other kill the boss, it's not fun at all. KJ is all your raid soak shit and really hard though.

I can believe that. Unfortunately my time of hardcore raiding is over and I only have time to do Normal/Heroics. Honestly I enjoy the cleave opportunities on fights like Inquisition, Host, and Avatar (Shadow Priest main).

I've put 58.5 hours into Destiny 2 so far on XBox One. I plan on running a character up to 20 on PS4 so I can play with friends on there.

I'm going to put so much time into the PC version it's disgusting. It's gonna be an app on my taskbar that while I'm waiting for an e-mail response I can run a strike, a game of PvP, or just fuck around in public events.

Destiny 2 on PC is going to be dangerous for me.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, of course.

I had it pre-ordered on PC and didn't pick up the PS4 version. The beta test was extremely good, so I'm excited to play through the game.

I am ready. I double dipped but I am not playing the PS4 version the way I played it before. That PC beta made a world of difference on how I want Destiny 2 to look and feel so I am patiently waiting it out to jump ship.

Strakt

My shitposts are getting out of hand because I'm comparing MMO and loothunting elements of a game that shares space on the same digital platform that hosts WoW and Diablo 3. Okay. But that's only 2 out of 4 points. Lack of dedicated servers and narrative is something you can get behind that's not Blizzard quality then?

Once again, three COMPLETELY different games that share similar elements. Each game implements it in their own way and thats fine. Doesn't need to be a contest on who implemented it the best especially when all 3 games are completely different genres.

From what I played in the beta, I had 0 problem in my PVP matches. Can't really comment on that as the game isn't out yet and they could possibly make changes.

Narrative? Yea I know Blizzard has good writing. That doesn't determine if a game should be on the launcher though lol.

Bonezz

Neo Member
Almost forgot about it to be honest. I'm probably still going to get it because all my friends are getting it but if they weren't I would have avoided it entirely. The hand cannon meta alone on PC during the beta made me want to uninstall the game and it was mainly because of that stupid exotic HC that essentially fires grenades. Not to mention the whole plug in a controller and still get free aim assist with M/KB.

Once again, three COMPLETELY different games that share similar elements. Each game implements it in their own way and thats fine. Doesn't need to be a contest on who implemented it the best especially when all 3 games are completely different genres.

From what I played in the beta, I had 0 problem in my PVP matches. Can't really comment on that as the game isn't out yet and they could possibly make changes.

Narrative? Yea I know Blizzard has good writing. That doesn't determine if a game should be on the launcher though lol.

Cool, they are on the same platform and are thus compared. Yeah Diablo 3 and WoW are totally different I agree. It doesn't change the fact that Diablo 3 elements are being put into WoW and people compare them. The same can apply with Destiny 2 and even moreso when its being put up on the same digital client.

Comparison is the overall package. If Destiny 2 only succeeds in gunplay then it should focus on gunplay. Have the game stop being a poor person's loothunter, MMO, and storyteller and the comparisons to WoW/Diablo 3 will stop. Oh and get dedicated servers for the damn game. Fucking Hearthstone has dedicated servers, don't tell me Bungie can't afford them.

Strakt

Cool, they are on the same platform and are thus compared. Yeah Diablo 3 and WoW are totally different I agree. It doesn't change the fact that Diablo 3 elements are being put into WoW and people compare them. The same can apply with Destiny 2 and even moreso when its being put up on the same digital client.

Comparison is the overall package. If Destiny 2 only succeeds in gunplay then it should focus on gunplay. Have the game stop being a poor person's loothunter, MMO, and storyteller and the comparisons to WoW/Diablo 3 will stop. Oh and get dedicated servers for the damn game. Fucking Hearthstone has dedicated servers, don't tell me Bungie can't afford them.

Yea lets also compare PUBG to Path of Exile because you loot in both games AND they're both on the same platform (Steam).

Top Bottom