• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Some of those are great improvements i agree. But i think they went backwards in some areas such as:

- Removing PvP game type options
- Removing PvP game modes
- Making all PvP 4v4 was a step backwards imo.
- Reducing end game activities
- While infusion being back is great, I think the current iteration of it is a backwards step.
- Changes to weapon load outs with the power weapons.
- Changes to weapon rolls (this is a divisive one that has pro's and cons i guess.)
- Exotic armour with perks from old skill trees or old legendary armour.

Those are just the ones off the top of my head.

They've made so many good changes but then changed some things that were good, to bad.

Some minor and not so minor things to add to this:

- Vault being a complete regression in just about every way including organization
- Changing the way Raid loot works where they've just moved the RNG to a vendor after having already figured out a good Raid loot system
- Boring exotic perks on new exotics
- Lots of reused exotics whose perks have been nerfed or removed making them boring or useless as well.
- Still no matchmaking on activities like story missions or adventures.
- Can no longer compare stats on weapons via L2 in the gear screen

Don't get me wrong. D2 is a HUGE improvement QoL wise and game wise over vanilla Destiny, but compared to year 3 Destiny it's overall 1 step forward two steps back and I don't see why we shouldn't compare it to Y3 Destiny.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I'm not sure that it should take anyone with even a passing knowledge of FPS PVP action longer than an hour to hit the Crucible milestone every week.

It's... pretty godamned easy actually. I hit mine in less than 45 this week with a full group. The first week I was alone through 95% of it and still got it done in like an hour and 30. Absolute tops. I've played with guild mates who are admittedly awful in PvP. Hour and some change. Tops.

That Engram is fair play. Quickplay matches where you just make sure you don't afk out of the game and you get free loot and practice your aim at the very least. It's only the odd duck now and then who just can't relax and have fun even when you're losing that ruins it for our team now and then. Like i don't need to hear you complain for a solid 10 minutes about how totally unfair it is and you totally shot that guy 5 times in the head and he didn't die and is definitely a cheater while i'm in the same game living in the same city playing against the same dude running 24/5 KD.

Just stop Curtis. It's getting old :p

And the Trials/Crucible challenges don't give you engrams or exotics so wgaf?

Einhandr

If everyone here is picking Dead Orbit then so am I. Pretty sure if the hardcore gamers are picking a faction, they will be the ones with the most points at the end of the week.

i dont want to waste 50k glimmer on a gun.

glad to see Bungie doesnt do crunch but there has to be a middle ground here.

Pledge a different faction on each character. Then you'll get the discount no matter what.

Guys what is the best looking set for Warlock?

Xenos%20Vale%20chest%20beta.png

destiny-2-beta-xenos-vale-bond.png

I'm a fan of the Vanguard Xenos Vale Set's Trenchcoat look. Plus I like Holograms on my Warlock bonds.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
What the hell is crunching?
When you have a project at work and not enough time in a regular work week to get it done so you have to crunch hours to finish. Usually crunch is not defined as just one or two days of extra work hours but 10+ extra hours a week on a consistent basis to finish a project. On a large scale this usually arises from bloated expectations from upper management or poor management from project leads (I’m sure there’s a myriad of reasons why I was just giving my opinion from what I’ve experienced).

ocean

Banned
I actually miss the roll grind, meant the 1000th time you got the same thing could be better then what you had rather then just dismantling as soon as you get it
The problem with this reasoning is it implies that 999 bad drops are worth it for that 1000th decent roll hype.

I played over 1,000 hours of Crucible in D1 and never got a Rangefinder + Rifled Eyasluna. I still play a game or two a day. Whenever I get one, if I ever do, it won’t make up for probably hundreds of shit dismantled drops.

I don’t want to chase shit. I want to get it and play the damn game with it.

Wallach

The problem with this reasoning is it implies that 999 bad drops are worth it for that 100th decent roll hype.

I played over 1,000 hours of Crucible in D1 and never got a Rangefinder + Rifled Eyasluna. I still play a game or two a day. Whenever I get one, if I ever do, it won’t make up for probably hundreds of shit dismantled drops.

I don’t want to chase shit. I want to get it and play the damn game with it.

I lean in this direction too, though I don't think they're wrong in the sentiment that the side effect is that the loot chase element is diminished.

My angle would be more just that with a fixed perk system like this the better answer would be to dilute the loot pool heavily. It's still pretty shallow, and I think needs a more regular injection of new weapons into the pool compared to Destiny to offset the fixed perks. So, it'll get there eventually but I think the effects of churn will be felt more readily in the short term.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Dont care. The only thing that matters is that, just like Failsafe, I always look good.

Until you don't *Bzzzt* Other Failsafe

Just solo'd the Walker event heroic for the first time. Exotic engram dropped for my efforts.

I actually feel rewarded!

My Condolences on your next week drought, I await the been 5 days since my last Exotic post

Navid

Guys what is the best looking set for Warlock?
Ego Talon (with the Tesseract Trace helmet in Golden Trace shader colour) for Warlocks...

For Hunters I really like the Dead End Cure 2.1 set with the Icarus Drifter cape...

And for Titans it has to be between the Noble Constant Type 2 set or the Phoenix Strife Type 0 set...

GraveRobberX

Any noob friendly raids forming on PS4?

Sorry brah, that ship sailed

It's on Farm status now

Hold Hands and World Peace, your favorite kind of shindig

I think everyone rushing to beat last boss before Reset

Maybe LFG on the100.io or R/fireteams

Until you don't *Bzzzt* Other Failsafe

My Condolences on your next week drought, I await the been 5 days since my last Exotic post

Testing the whole cycling vendors on my titan.

At 305, Drevin is 299 since 18:30 est. Sloane is 296.

Gonna wait till 19:10 and check both again.

I'm still confused tho. Is the number gonna change or not?

CREMSteve

Some minor and not so minor things to add to this:

- Vault being a complete regression in just about every way including organization
- Changing the way Raid loot works where they've just moved the RNG to a vendor after having already figured out a good Raid loot system
- Boring exotic perks on new exotics
- Lots of reused exotics whose perks have been nerfed or removed making them boring or useless as well.
- Still no matchmaking on activities like story missions or adventures.
- Can no longer compare stats on weapons via L2 in the gear screen

Don't get me wrong. D2 is a HUGE improvement QoL wise and game wise over vanilla Destiny, but compared to year 3 Destiny it's overall 1 step forward two steps back and I don't see why we shouldn't compare it to Y3 Destiny.
Huh? You can still do that. At least on PS4.

GraveRobberX

Testing the whole cycling vendors on my titan.

At 305, Drevin is 299 since 18:30 est. Sloane is 296.

Gonna wait till 19:10 and check both again.

I'm still confused tho. Is the number gonna change or not?

Devrim literally cycled 300 for me @9AM, I fucking shit you not

Burned my Tokens ASAP
Got booted @9:12AM EDT

Got 4 Pulse Rifles, 2 Hand Cannons, shit ton of armor pieces @300
My whole exotic weapon set is 305, only MIDA left @304, fucker hasnt dropped me a Call to Serve after 35 packages

Devrim literally cycled 300 for me @9AM, I fucking shit you not

Burned my Tokens ASAP
Got booted @9:12AM EDT

Got 4 Pulse Rifles, 2 Hand Cannons, shit ton of work pieces @300
My whole exotic weapon set is 305, only MIDA left @304, fucker has dropped me a Call to Serve after 35 packages

But wait, since I leveled him up and it said 299, will it change to 300 when It "cycle"?

I dont know how this works yet.

GraveRobberX

But wait, since I leveled him up and it said 299, will it change to 300 when It "cycle"?

I dont know how this works yet.

That's the fucking problem, it's all RNG!

You can go 296, 298, 296, 299, 295, 300!
That's 3 hours of checking every 30 minute intervals at :00 and:30

That's why I EDZ chest loop and do PTEs across EDZ and kill time
That's why I get pissed at Anti-Farm Timer

There's some good investigation stuff propping up in my reddit thread

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
In D1, My Titan was using FWC set. My Warlock NW set and my Hunter was just using Trials set. I wonder if they'll ever bring back ornaments.

Need 3 more for pleasure gardens, probably have roughly 2 hours to give it a try. Looking for some with experience around 280 power level. Send me a pm if you re interested.

Raven117

The problem with this reasoning is it implies that 999 bad drops are worth it for that 1000th decent roll hype.

I played over 1,000 hours of Crucible in D1 and never got a Rangefinder + Rifled Eyasluna. I still play a game or two a day. Whenever I get one, if I ever do, it won't make up for probably hundreds of shit dismantled drops.

I don't want to chase shit. I want to get it and play the damn game with it.

This. With the exception of the truly hardcore (and lots on NeoGaf are hardcore), nobody want this. They want a goal in front of them. Do the things required, and enjoy said reward.

While I do think Bungie dropped the ball completely in terms of what endgame loot there is to go after (or exotics to chase), this whole notion of having to grind the game for hundreds (if not thousands) of hours for a god roll gun or some rare exotic is asinine.

Btw, do we know by how much the crucible Call to Arms thing is reduced?

Requiem

Any thoughts on the Trials pulse rifle?

I really like the way it sounds and it hits really hard but pulses are in a really weird spot where Autos perform better at close range and Scouts better at long range

Still I find myself gravitating towards it (it sounds sooooooo good)

CREMSteve

Anyone know if call to arms auto completes if you had the milestone partially completed prior to the patch? I was at like 70% complete yesterday... which would be more than enough to complete it fully by the new prerequisite.

Got to Baths section of Raid with a group, but looks like only experienced players are allowed for the follow up.

Gotta say, I know I'm newbie and explaining the strategies is annoying, who wants to wipe 10x before we even get a decent run, etc...

But I have to admit, the whole thing really soured me on the community a bit.

These Calus tokens going to waste I guess...

Top Bottom