• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

ZeoVGM

Banned
So when I get home from work, I'm leaning towards New Monarchy for my Hunter and Warlock but I'm between New Monarchy and FWC for Titan.

... Might just go NM on all three.

BlakeofT

Raid thought

Why do people rotate clockwise on marathon? Our group has just been staying on our platform, jumping down to kill psion and then aiming right for the next gate. Seems way easier? Not that it's difficult anyway
Just different ways of doing it I guess.
I like following the runner so that on the last phase there's a dog team and a cup team. Dog grabs first set of orbs, cup grabs next. Also, I can be sure that half of the psions are killed. Don't know how some people mess that up...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's sad that we are comparing Destiny 2 to vanilla-era D1 in an effort, I guess, to defend any criticism of D2. Yet here we are.
I guess you misinterpreted me, and I don't remotely care about statements that will be construed as "defending" a game ever again for the rest of me life. All I was doing was trying to correct potential misinformation.

You said that the biggest grind was the grind was to 280 to be able to grind the raid. You do not need to be 280 to enter the raid nor do you need to do the raid to progress further. You may have meant something unrelated by your statement, in which case I misinterpreted you, but that's what it sounded like. In either case I just wanted to clarify for anyone else reading.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Got the class item, the leg armor & the pulse rifle at 300PL. You can get to the underbelly with 2 people right at the beginning of the Raid.
Just need to be fast with the levers.
You can enter solo with practice.
Anything special about them? Are they at least higher than normal gear?

Also, without spoiling it (just a yes or no), are there raid weapons too?

Thanks.
Drops from the raid itself are up to 300. The armor has a unique look and lore (each set tells a story) but nothing unique perk-wise.There are weapons, which have combinations of perks on them that cannot be found on other weapons.

Im late to posting this but another weekend of flawless was hype with Countdown! Thank god Bungie acted fast and switched back the mode and map to something that isn't broken. Hopefully this weekend is countdown is Countdown again, Survival can suck donkey balls. Anyway, pic time:

Got long time trials partner JohnOfMars first flawless for D2!

vfLSP2Y.jpg

Got Turtle his first flawless too :eyes:

And Slender is no longer a virgin in D2

This wasn't Kreep's first flawless but i thought it was when i did the run so i'll post it anyway (he went flawless one time the first weekend with Hedgeyyyyy)

I had never really played with humbleboy even though he was always chilling in my friends list so when he hit me up on PSN for trials and i managed to do a run with him i was surprised that we rolled through the card, he's good.

And finally homeboyd got his first flawless but with the help of Trancegovich playing on his account (what a great friend :eyes: ) because Homey is never around on the weekends

Anything special about them? Are they at least higher than normal gear?

Also, without spoiling it (just a yes or no), are there raid weapons too?

Thanks.

The raid gear will drop at the same power as a Luminous Engram if it drops. If it's from a token then it will work like a standard Engram. The only difference with the raid gear is it has a unique look. There are raid weapons and while they are generally pretty good weapons they don't have unique perks either.

Callandor

😂 bug? i just got to io and have gotten 2 New Monarchy and 2 IO tokens in the first 30 seconds without doing anything🤔

Was one of those "capture enemy supplies" events running? Everyone in the instance gets a token for each supply captured, and a chest pops on the last, 4th one.

These just started today.

ZOONAMI

I’m just getting dupe drops from the faction coins. Is there a particular way to get the weapons they actually have listed?

Fucking hell no. Chasing god rolls was the absolute worst. Now when you get a good piece of gear you actually feel good, because you know it’s good. Imagine that!

Christ I hope Bungie doesn’t listen to you guys. Random perks were the worst. Literally drove me away from the game.

No idea how having variety in a loot based game can drive someone away... Weird

platocplx

Why are people asking for more grind, Jesus.

Here’s a novel idea: you can play the game without chasing anything. If you have fun in the Crucible or Raid or whatever, it shouldn’t be any less fun just because there’s no “reward” - I mean the whole point of these “rewards” is to use them anyways. So once you have it all: use it :)

Its a terrible obsession, Akin to gambling its scary. Im glad they have been taking a lot of that away.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Yeah I’m not all too impressed with what I’ve seen gear wise out of the Raid.

Rocket launcher and Sword are both excellent. A lot of people seem to like the AR - I haven't had one drop yet. Outside of that, it's a little underwhelming to say the least.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
So my group is at Calus now. We tried maybe 7 or 8 times last night before we decided to go grab the chests we had earned and call it a night (people had work in the morning) and honestly this feels like the most "raid" like piece of Leviathan.

Everything else - including the dogs - just feels so fuckin simple. Like as long as you're leveled properly and your group is communicating everything is safe.

I think this is gonna edge out Crota at the very bottom of my favorites list for all the raids... All of them got faster and faster as we got better and more familiar with the fights but this one feels like, now that we know each of the stages, it's gonna be like barely an hour and a half all told.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Holy crap, wasn't expecting to see the flawless area posted.

Not that I care, I'm not getting there without being carried anyway.

Damn, that looks insane.

purg3

slept with Malkin
How does moving with the runner make things less confusing? It literally adds an extra step

I think you misunderstood what I said in reference to the original comment. I'm saying that
moving with the runner is inefficient, and the times I did it we stuck to our own platforms.

TsuWave

It's not considerably better. It's a decent replacement for those unlucky souls who haven't got a Uriels to drop yet.

Also <3 Lakshmi for giving me my first Hawthorne's shotgun. Both Banshee and Devrim have been assholes in that regard

finally got The Number. slightly lower range, better stability and high-impact reserves. just had a crucible match and i prefer it over Uriel's Gift for pvp

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I guess you misinterpreted me, and I don't remotely care about statements that will be construed as "defending" a game ever again for the rest of me life. All I was doing was trying to correct potential misinformation.

You said that the biggest grind was the grind was to 280 to be able to grind the raid. You do not need to be 280 to enter the raid nor do you need to do the raid to progress further. You may have meant something unrelated by your statement, in which case I misinterpreted you, but that's what it sounded like. In either case I just wanted to clarify for anyone else reading.

260 or 280, it's really irrelevant to the discussion.

Raid thought

Why do people rotate clockwise on marathon? Our group has just been staying on our platform, jumping down to kill psion and then aiming right for the next gate. Seems way easier? Not that it's difficult anyway

I've done it both ways. I honestly don't know if one way or the other is easier. I learned by rotating so that's the way I prefer, but I know I'm in the minority, as every other group just remained on their platform.

SpecX

Quick question while you're here. I know it's early, but are you planning to continue the newbie raids once this one has been out a bit longer?

How does moving with the runner make things less confusing? It literally adds an extra step

Cause I can mute the other runner and just focus on one thing, especially if you got people who sound similar. Someone stands on the pillar and the other stands next to it, they shoot, pillar rotates and the other punches the psion.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Quick question while you're here. I know it's early, but are you planning to continue the newbie raids once this one has been out a bit longer?
Definitely. The first proto-newbie raid (wherein I am still practicing leading the encounters and success is not at all guaranteed :p) for any adventurous/patient people will be quite soon.

There is a lot to consider with this one because the order and associated LL of each encounter changes every week.

Saint9806

Definitely. The first proto-newbie raid (wherein I am still practicing leading the encounters and success is not at all guaranteed :p) for any adventurous/patient people will be quite soon.

There is a lot to consider with this one because the order and associated LL of each encounter changes every week.

I'm looking forward to a run as well.

Ehh I've done it like that before. It's actually not that bad.

After hearing how it's done i guess it's not THAT bad but seems unnecessary. Though everyone's different with raid mechanics etc.

That's my thought as well.
Just stick to your area, shoot the adds, then the proper arrows and help out to one direction (lets say left) at all times and you're set.
Everyone has a set role and it's the easiest encounter in the entire raid.

commish

Can't you dictate the order of the raid through the underground area?

I'm looking forward to a run as well.

I know it's been said often, but it really is true - please feel free to ask to join any raid forming here on GAF. There are plenty of us who have no problem with doing raids with newbies (unless you want to do the raid blind). Just about everyone I've played with on GAF has been very patient and helpful.

I know I'm not a Sherpa, but I wouldn't mind helping out your first couple runs.

Raid thought

I never thought of this, lol... Guess it is silly to run around when you really don't have to. I think with my group though it was said that BOTH people had to be on the pillar to shoot the triangle things, which we know is false now... So maybe in the beginning it was just spread that two people had to be on, hence the rotating.

Pastry

Banned
Raid thought

That’s gotta be confusing with two people saying callouts. You gotta be able to silence one.

Can someone please confirm exactly how Leviathan raid checkpoints work for me? I've searched and seen slightly conflicting information. Spoilered below

I've heard things are different now in D2. Do checkpoints reset per week or is each encounter unlocked permanently as soon as you've gotten there the first time?

Example: I've done the Gardens/Baths/Gauntlet numerous times but have never bested Calus (even though i've spend upwards of 8 hours fighting his ass lol). Each time we've entered via the door challenges. As i've only been raided last week I wasn't sure if i'd have to go back and re-run everything.

Some have said i can enter via the underbelly (or run doors as normal) and skip right to Calus this week without having run any prior challenges this week. Is this accurate? Can i, after today's reset and never beating Calus, skip right back to him? TIA!

commish

I believe the order of the raid encounters changes each week, and this week it starts with Gauntlet as far as I know.

It does if you go through the doors like normal, but I thought you could use the underground area to go directly to particular bosses.

That’s gotta be confusing with two people saying callouts. You gotta be able to silence one.

Even if they say the symbol first? How our group does it, just listen for your symbol and where to shoot. As long as people aren't talking over one another with callouts,
should be fine hearing both of them

Bungie you stupid motherfuckers. How are you going to ask me to go into the Lost Sectors then block me out of rewards in the same place cause I'm moving too fast? I come from year 1 grind. I had paths for max material farming on each planet. Now I have to walk slow to make sure I get rewarded? What the fuck!! This is frustrating.

ch4fx_

It does if you go through the doors like normal, but I thought you could use the underground area to go directly to particular bosses.

AFAIK, you can't proc one encounter until you have cleared the previous one. I haven't heard of anyone being able to do them out of order.

it's not really an extra step. Just adds movement. But since there are no adds during that phase, it's fine as long as the shooters don't screw up.

The key of the technique is that it essentially splits the raid team into two fireteams. One uses in-game chat, the other party chat. No less chance for calls to get mixed up. During trash mob phases the runner helps the two platforms clean their trash. It works quite well with steady groups. I wouldn't attempt it with a PUG group.

neoism

30 faction engrams is the most you can get.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/46312

Faction Engram Reward Limit: After a Character has earned 30 Faction Engrams in a single Faction Rally event, any additional Faction Engrams earned will only reward that Character with Shaders. This limit will be reset at the beginning of the next Faction Rally event.

lol

so yeah ive been on io for like 2 hours or something, and i randomly (3-5min) get an io and new monarchy token &#128526; i wonder if its the level 4 clan perk..
anyone else gettin this
?

Top Bottom