• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

Floody

Nova bombing an entire 4 man squad is so satisfying... just saying. Go ahead after our "B" flag together.... good luck with that!

I always choke anything over a double, super satisfying still though. The sound and the panic as they try and run away.
I should use the one that chases more, but I love Devour too much.

Oh, hey, thanks for another Young Ahamkara's Spine gauntlets. I really needed a 12th one to complete the set.

Really, though, I had a lot of fun in Iron Banner last night. It's too bad it's not a great way to level up your character like it was in Destiny 1. I remember going up 27 LL by just grinding in the Iron Banner. It was great.

Cornbread78

It's weird though, because unlike D1 capture doesn't increase with more people. So 1 can be on the flag with others doing watch.

Yup, which means it's now more important to guard two capture point once you have them and always have a floater going after their original base to A: slow their advance, B: they leave it empty half the time, so it's easy enough to capture it solo. I hate doing the merry-go-round tactics, lol.

I always choke anything over a double, super satisfying still though. The sound and the panic as they try and run away.
I should use the one that chases more, but I love Devour too much.

I used the chasing Nova last night for the first time and it was great not launching it into a wall and having it be useless and at the same time, watching them run away into a teammate, so you end up getting them both, lol.

9 IB rank ups. 4 pieces of armor (missing gloves) and 5 guns (no dupes).

Got hand cannon, pulse, scout, sidearm and fusion.

DAT RNG
3AQmK.gif

v1perz53

Nothing better than getting dropped into a game in progress on Emperor's whatever where your team is losing 8 to 42 and you have C while they have A and B.

_Legacy_

Is there a cap to the amount of IB tokens you can win in a day? I didn't receive any tokens from my last two wins. I don't remember reading about a token cap...

Has anyone that gets 4-5 hard crashes and some days never sees the tower try loading in since the hotfix? Yesterday I saw the tower twice out of over 20 attempts. Sony must be tired of all the reporting I've done.

Mindlog

Tower thought: If they can nerf guns individually... And all the good guns have good perks... Will we be left with mediocre guns and mediocre perks? 🤔

Feorax

The topic on Gaming has got me thinking. Since the end of Y1 of Destiny, have there been even 5 weapons that have come since that have been as interesting/enjoyable to use as those that dropped in vanilla/tdb/how?

Even armour is pretty poor now. I'm not using a single exotic piece on my main in D2 because either all of the perks are garbage or it looks like shit.

Oh for a fatebringer or a vision of confluence to be kicking round now. Something
as fun as the Ice Breaker seems almost unfathomable in D2.

Cornbread78

smart loot

Smart loot huh....

I use an Origin Story as my main, it's still at 292 because I can't even get a blue ar to drop, so I finally get a new ar and it's another 292 OS...

Hey Bungie, how about letting me at least get a legedary mod for the one I already have dammit!

noomi

Good week for loot. Orpheus rigs are mine! and was able to get the +5dmg kinetic mod for my namesless midnight to bring it to 305.

All that's left is the raid chest piece, and getting a better devils.... and then another +5 dmg mod for it :p

So, we would have three "Newbie" raids running this weekend to get more people the ability to experience them, but we need some help from the greater DGAF community. We need both Sherpa's to donate a few hours of time, as well as some newbs that want to learn the mechanics and how to communicate effectively to complete the raid!

Noob Raid 10pm EST/7pm PST Saturday (10/14):

Sherpas:
- Pandora
- Wiesga

Newbs:
- Badgerst
-
-
-

If you can help lead any of these and share your raid experience, please let me know! Hawkian can get everyone all the time, so this is for him as well, lol.

Also, if you want to be a newbie and learn the raid, post up and let me know and I will reserve a spot for you!

I'd appreciate a chance to learn at the feet of some masters on Saturday's run

So I'm trying to understand the mod system since I just hit over 280 and I'm at glimmer cap (I think 99999+ is displayed).

The gunsmith offers random weapon mods for 2500 glimmer
You can "upgrade" existing mods to +5 at a 3 blue-->1 purple ratio
You can dismantle legendary mods for Mod Components that you can use to buy a random Legendary weapon or armor mod (player's choice) at 2 components-->1 mod

So the way to push RNG in your favor would be to buy a bunch of blue mods, upgrade dupes, dismantle upgraded mods you don't want, and use the components for weapon/armor mods as needed.

To min max, you repeat this process until you're happy with your loadout, hunters pushing for recovery armor pieces, a legendary weapon mod for every element as an example? Is that about it?

Yes. I think this is what most end-game people spend their glimmer on. Buy Blue mods. Upgrade to purples. Dismantle crappy purples. Roll random purples with parts.
Repeat until you get the mods you want.

Day 1, had a okay time getting all 3 challenges for 3 characters in IB.

Day 2, arghhh, I can't line up 3 opponents at once. In Destniy 1, wiping a time was simpler, but not in Destiny 2's Grenade and Melee nerfs\

what do we get anyway for 10 IB packages? I got to 6 IB packages. I'm sure I will get to it by tomorow

Navy Bean

Day 1, had a okay time getting all 3 challenges for 3 characters in IB.

Day 2, arghhh, I can't line up 3 opponents at once. In Destniy 1, wiping a time was simpler, but not in Destiny 2's Grenade and Melee nerfs\

what do we get anyway for 10 IB packages? I got to 6 IB packages. I'm sure I will get to it by tomorow

You get an emblem....don't spend it all in one place

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Road complex has recovery as well.

Having low recovery stat is annoying as fuck. Both in pvp and pve.
Being forced to run and hide for god knows how long isn't fun.

Recovery>>>>>Resilience>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mobility.

Io set easier to get cause Tokens easier to farm up
Road Complex is Crucible, that's a lot of Crucible Tokens and where RNG is never in one's favor

v1perz53

God damn everyone who has good luck. I've opened 10 IB packages and I've gotten the helm 3 times, the auto rifle 4 times, the scout rifle twice and every other thing has been from the "additional loot" pool.

You should go fashion over function.

The game is actively un-fun with low recovery stat. You literally spend double the time sitting around waiting for HP regen than if you had high recovery. I am very anal about my character's appearance and it kills me that I can't play fashion destiny, but I'm not making the game way less fun over that.

Io set easier to get cause Tokens easier to farm up
Road Complex is Crucible, that's a lot of Crucible Tokens and where RNG is never in one's favor

Yea definitely go for Io set. Also keep in mind the boots have 0 recovery despite saying they do, no hunter boots have recovery. Funny enough, I actually got 2 pieces of Road Complex by turning in Io tokens, made it faster to get a recovery set.

Cornbread78

If they are going to give us tokens, at least let us choose what we want dammit. Let us use the planetary tokens with Xur each week for that planet's legendary items....

Bladelaw

Reading the perk list on Orpheus Rigs I'm trying to see why it's so good. It looks like the more enemies tethered the faster grenades, dodge, and melee recharge right? I almost think I'd rather use Knucklehead radar. The situational awareness while ADS was always welcome in D1.

So, we would have three "Newbie" raids running this weekend to get more people the ability to experience them, but we need some help from the greater DGAF community. We need both Sherpa's to donate a few hours of time, as well as some newbs that want to learn the mechanics and how to communicate effectively to complete the raid!

Noob Raid 9pm EST/6pm PST Friday (10/13):

Sherpas:
- Palaniri
- ????

Newbs:
- Japanman
-
-
-

If you can help lead any of these and share your raid experience, please let me know! Hawkian can get everyone all the time, so this is for him as well, lol.
I can help Sherpa on Friday 9pm EST night if need 1 more. PSN: NeoNightmare

Reading the perk list on Orpheus Rigs I'm trying to see why it's so good. It looks like the more enemies tethered the faster grenades, dodge, and melee recharge right? I almost think I'd rather use Knucklehead radar. The situational awareness while ADS was always welcome in D1.

It also recharges your super. It's great if you're a Nightstalker. Basically, if you tether 7+ enemies, your super is instantly recharged to full and ready to use on the next wave of enemies. As long as there are things to tether, you can keep using your super.

Lgndryhr

So will be joining you all a little early. Got a sweet deal on Destiny 2 and the expansion pass for PS4. Any tips once the game arrives? Was going to wait on the PC release, but will wait for a sale now.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

Go to Witches Summon Public Event with Rigs on

Wait for the Heroic is possible
Watch how many times you get your Super Back

It's fucking astonishing

That's the only time you feel super powerful and almost downright broken

2 Hunters with Rigs on is like a never ending supply of Orb Factory and Things tethered
A sight to behold

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
So will be joining you all a little early. Got a sweet deal on Destiny 2 and the expansion pass for PS4. Any tips once the game arrives? Was going to wait on the PC release, but will wait for a sale now.

just have fun. getting to max level is quite easy. at first i felt overwhelmed because people kept posting lengthy strategies to get to max level but i've just been playing at my own pace and style and it's been quite easy. i'd only follow the guides if you want to get to max lvl ASAP.

you really can't go wrong but some tips 1) save 5 scout rifles 2) leave exotic quests until at least 260 3) don't redeem vendor tokens until 260/265. or, again, if you're in no rush...just do what you want :) if you are looking for players to play with i'd suggest joining the neogaf discord channel which i've found quite useful.

f@luS

More than a member.
Got 7/8 IB weapon

I’m rocking the kinetic auto which I love more than my overused Uriel. + the IB sidearms automatic. It’s insane

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
At this point I'm just playing crucible/ib with random weapons to attempt to inject some joy into the experience.

Lgndryhr

just have fun. getting to max level is quite easy. at first i felt overwhelmed because people kept posting lengthy strategies to get to max level but i've just been playing at my own pace and style and it's been quite easy. i'd only follow the guides if you want to get to max lvl ASAP.

you really can't go wrong but some tips 1) save 5 scout rifles 2) leave exotic quests until at least 260 3) don't redeem vendor tokens until 260/265. or, again, if you're in no rush...just do what you want :) if you are looking for players to play with i'd suggest joining the neogaf discord channel which i've found quite useful.

I plan on having fun and hopefully as much as I did with Destiny 1, if not more. I saw a few strategies, but I am in no hurry to reach max level. Just want to enjoy the game and level as I go.

Thanks for the heads up. Taken notes of this. Never used Discord before, but keep hearing about it lately. I'll check it out. Thanks again!

Ruze789

Go to Witches Summon Public Event with Rigs on

Wait for the Heroic is possible
Watch how many times you get your Super Back

It's fucking astonishing

That's the only time you feel super powerful and almost downright broken

2 Hunters with Rigs on is like a never ending supply of Orb Factory and Things tethered
A sight to behold

I'll have to try this out.
I've had the Rigs almost since my Hunter hit Lvl 20 but haven't even tried them due to the lame sounding perk description. I'll have to make the switch from Golden Gun Hunter to Nightstalker!

Top Bottom