• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

speiky

I've gotten at least 10 or so. One of the few weapons I decided to get all three Elemental versions and take them to 305 PL as they seem great in both PvE and PvP.
I kept two and dismantled a ton of them.
I'm just saying, as soon as Uriel's became the hot topic, none dropped for me anymore. Same with antiope-d.

Oh and Grave, about your Power ammo numbers, if I'm not wrong, Snipers get 6 shots. Arguably harder to snipe than to sword someone but still, wth the sword you REALLY have to get up close and personal.

Last time I saw the mercy called it was during the beta. The VO doesn't help either. 35-5 and still getting crushed and Salad Bar said, "Only Shaxx can call it and he's extremely shy" or whatever the line is, like fuck off and call the game instead of making us waste another 8 minutes of our lives.

Edit: 3/5 engrams give the same exact armor pieces I already have for the character. Fuck this. I'll be back tomorrow.

I'm guessing Bungie doesn't want players suiciding the entire match just farming two IB Tokens over and over again thus the Mercy rules.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Oh and Grave, about your Power ammo numbers, if I'm not wrong, Snipers get 6 shots. Arguably harder to snipe than to sword someone but still, wth the sword you REALLY have to get up close and personal.

Oh I never use snipers in PvP, so there's that lol

Fusion or Rocket Launcher

Sword is up close but you get such a huge advantage with one class going invis and having the 3rd person prospective
I mean most don't run with sword, most camp corner with swords and take a swipe

So that's what I'm trying to point out
That they should lower it to 4 or 6 swings, and 2 swings for a kill
If full health enemy, 1 to drop shield, 1 to to kill

speiky

Oh I never use snipers in PvP, so there's that lol

Fusion or Rocket Launcher

Sword is up close but you get such a huge advantage with one class going invis and having the 3rd person prospective
I mean most don't run with sword, most camp corner with swords and take a swipe

So that's what I'm trying to point out
That they should lower it to 4 or 6 swings, and 2 swings for a kill
If full health enemy, 1 to drop shield, 1 to to kill
I forgot about the invis night stalker cancer with swords. EFF those guys!!! Two hits to kill sounds good to me. Keep ammo at 8 then.

Number45

30 minute lock out on all in game functions except dismantling and deleting characters for all AFK or quitters pls Bungie. Somebody dropping when we’re heading for a fairly comfortable win is fucking infuriating. Almost as much as having to listen to Saladin as announcer.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hi Hawkian, is this strictly a newbie guide raid? Or can an experienced guy join too? I've got around half a dozen Calus kills but lately I can't find people to raid with, so I'd love to join you and any newbies who sign up.
Please feel free to sign up! These are accessible to anyone, as long as you're willing to be patient with the team members who are new and aren't just looking for a quick n' easy clear. Having another experienced person or two always makes it go smoother.

edit: 2 spots left for Sunday .

Cornbread78

30 minute lock out on all in game functions except dismantling and deleting characters for all AFK or quitters pls Bungie. Somebody dropping when we’re heading for a fairly comfortable win is fucking infuriating. Almost as much as having to listen to Saladin as announcer.

You online? Mike os looking for you🐶

GazzaGSi

Decent night in banner last night and rng was on my side with uriel's and antidope D from the gunsmith, 3 hunter armour pieces (cloak, gauntlets, helmet) and 4 banner weapons (hand cannon, pulse, sub and auto IIRC, can't remember their names). Thanks for the games guys chaf, soulless & tosh.

With IB I've decided to just focus on the hunter for this event so run the challenges on my alts and turn the tokens in when logged in as the hunter.

Decent night in banner last night and rng was on my side with uriel's and antidope D from the gunsmith, 3 hunter armour pieces (cloak, gauntlets, helmet) and 4 banner weapons (hand cannon, pulse, sub and auto IIRC, can't remember their names). Thanks for the games guys chaf, soulless & tosh.

With IB I've decided to just focus on the hunter for this event so run the challenges on my alts and turn the tokens in when logged in as the hunter.

That's what I'm doing, too. So far, I've only had one duplicate and the was the Hunter arms. I have the Pulse, Scout, SMG, Sidearm, Fusion, Arms x2, Legs and Helmet. I'm mostly after the cloak, though.

Mindlog

This section of the Nightfall is killing me.
If I can figure out a way to predict or manage the hobgoblin spawns I can clear it quickly without a problem and would be open to a lot of Prestige runs this weekend. However, sometimes the Hobgoblin spawns right in your path (at the top of the ramp 1/2 way through) leaving you open to be picked off by the major sniper up above and the regular goblins below.

Bold One

HARDLIGHT!!!!

b3Rex9e.gif

BASED LORD SALADBAR!!!

GraveRobberX

Asher was 300 last night like 4:20AM EDT for me

I had logged off, but checked discord GAF and the 300PL Engram channel

Quickly powered up the ps4 and Ran to Io

Burned 300 Tokens and some Destination Materials

For 17 Packages, didn't get full Io set, but full Road Complex set

Worked out in the end

Got Hunter to at least 5 Recovery now (put Health Recovery into legs for 6, hopefully)
Using Io Gensym Helmet, everything else Road Complex

Everything else was just Dupes galore for just sharding purposes

speiky

Spending 90m in IB yesterday only to earn two grenade launchers for my trouble is a little demoralizing.
What do you mean? Duplicates are amazing -_-
As I mentioned before, 24 ranks and still missing the bond. WTF. I earned 480+ tokens and I still don't have the full set on one character!!! This is why I decided to focus my efforts on one character per Iron Banner. They better have clash next time and then back to control. Supremacy will be a bore. And 99.9% of the matches will be full length.

16 Iron Banner reputation gain engrams on my Hunter have produced (only IB gear/weapons listed)...

5 pulse rifles
3 sidearms
2 arms
1 hand cannon
1 scout rifle
1 submachine gun
1 fusion rifle
1 chest
1 cloak

...I really only want the leg armor now considering I've gone full-on Gunslinger and use either the Foetracer helm for PvP or Celestial Nighthawk helm for PvE.

void666

Banned
I'm heartbroken. I want to play some more but there's nothing else to do. IB sucks. And if i play another match on emperor's respite one more time i'm going to scream.

Balphon

What do you mean? Duplicates are amazing -_-
As I mentioned before, 24 ranks and still missing the bond. WTF. I earned 480+ tokens and I still don't have the full set on one character!!! This is why I decided to focus my efforts on one character per Iron Banner. They better have clash next time and then back to control. Supremacy will be a bore. And 99.9% of the matches will be full length.

I've only opened three packages at least, primary goal is just to finish the milestone.

Maybe I can maintain this 66% grenade launcher rate.

5 Kills in a Row
Kill someone while their using their Super
Capture 5 Control Points in 1 Game

You can do this across multiple matches as it doesn't have to be 5 in the same match (at least that's how it's been the last couple days). If you want to win though, capture those control points Guardians.

I will say this, despite the rewards fiasco Iron Banner is the most fun* I've had in PVP since the game came out.

*I always run with a squad of 3-4 IRL friends. Can't speak on behalf of solo play.

I'm having a ton more fun in PVP even when I do run solo. It's pretty obvious the people playing aren't the usual crucible crowd, since I always do pretty well. Part of the problem with crucible might very well be those people who played Destiny 1 nonstop are still good in Destiny 2.

I'm having a ton more fun in PVP even when I do run solo. It's pretty obvious the people playing aren't the usual crucible crowd, since I always do pretty well. Part of the problem with crucible might very well be those people who played Destiny 1 nonstop are still good in Destiny 2.

It always cracks me up to hear folks say Destiny isn't a loot game or people don't play Destiny for loot. Just look at this Iron Banner and see/experience all the players who despise PvP participating just for the specific IB loot tells you all you need to know especially with the putrid Token reward system in place.

GraveRobberX

How many people in supers do you have to kill?

Just one

Hope they don't Run Golden Gun (possible to kill but not a good chance) or Nightstalker or Nova Bomb

Others you have a pretty good shot at

Any roaming super you have chance alone or TeamShoot

If you could get Heavy mid round and wait to see or hear enemy power up their Super, time to knock them down

Got Warlock done in one game, Titan took 3 games, 2 games too many Nightstalkers and got my super vs super against a half health Titan thinking he had me to dead to rights with his super going on Titan Smash, so I baited him with auto rifle fire, just Titan smashed him to get it done

Now I only have Hunter left to do

It always cracks me up to hear folks say Destiny isn't a loot game or people don't play Destiny for loot. Just look at this Iron Banner and see/experience all the players who despise PvP participating just for the specific IB loot tells you all you need to know especially with the putrid Token reward system in place.

I want to be clear I've been playing Crucible at least three or four times a week already and I've done Trials twice. The loot is a big incentive to keep playing now, but that's not the only driving factor. No loot is going to incentivize me to play Crucible the amount I have been if it means I'm going to get trounced every match.

I want to be clear I've been playing Crucible at least three or four times a week already and I've done Trials twice. The loot is a big incentive to keep playing now, but that's not the only driving factor. No loot is going to incentivize me to play Crucible the amount I have been if it means I'm going to get trounced every match.

I wasn't talking about you.

Edit: I actually thought you were saying the opposite about player skill level in the IB. Yeah, Im going to have to disagree as outside of playing against a full clan team from time-to-time (and there's a lot variables here when playing solo) I'm not really noticing anything different than regular Crucible level play here.

GraveRobberX

Gilbert Godfried or Terry Crews as voice of Crucible from now on.

"You earned a kill, Aflac!"
"You lost B, Major Medical, Aflac"

"Get on that flag suckah!, Old Spice"
"Aaaaaaahhhh, *whistles Old Spic Commerical* 1 minute to go!"

Is Destiny a loot game or a light level game? :p

It's a Friendster App

You come to make friends!

Destiny is pen pal of video games

Top Bottom