• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

BLCKATK

Decided to spend a bit of my night in Iron Banner since I have a lot of catching up to do. Cracked a few brews and hit the playlist. Was seriously dreading the idea at work of playing IB at work, due to reading about all the negative feedback.

I'm having a blast. Even though I've had some losses, I've been trying out new guns and sticking to the randos I get. I've been lucky to get matched with mostly singles. They need to make this a matchmaking option.

Cornbread78

Any prestige NF runs happening tomorrow around 7:30/8pm EST?

Must have run the prestige NF 15 times last night and we couldn't get to boss with more than 2:30 left.

Actually, we got thete with 3:30-4:00 once when I stayed back to do a PE and all those kills counted. Still not enough time.

Finally got my hands on Destiny 2 after playing the hell out of the first one.

So far really enjoying it, seems like improvements all around compared to the first. Have got a 264 Hunter so far, what does everyone recommend I do to continue the grind through to 300? I've been doing heroic public events and also just strikes. Have been playing a bit of Iron Banner too but not heaps, probably should play more.

Haven't done a Nightfall or Raid yet either

GazzaGSi

For solos getting matchmaking putting you against groups, while it's finding guardians open the director, go to roster, move over to the left list of names and you'll see who is in the upcoming game, if you see 4 with the same clan name then press to cancel match making and start again. I haven't played against full groups in acouple of days doing this but stick around if there is a pair. Obviously there maybe friends from different clans so you don't know for sure but it's easier than going up against 4 certain to be working together.

I got the neat Jade Emperor skin for Fighting Lion.

Tried the Fighting Lion. I dont see myself using this at all. Ever. Just like The Prospector. The Unique Perk is meh for both too.

Mark my words, at some point they're going to buff grenade launchers and Fighting Lion is going to be the meta

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Finally got my hands on Destiny 2 after playing the hell out of the first one.

So far really enjoying it, seems like improvements all around compared to the first. Have got a 264 Hunter so far, what does everyone recommend I do to continue the grind through to 300? I've been doing heroic public events and also just strikes. Have been playing a bit of Iron Banner too but not heaps, probably should play more.

Haven't done a Nightfall or Raid yet either

After 265 it gets a bit harder to gain higher level gear. Mostly you’re going to be getting better gear from milestones now (the weekly activities such as public events, Crucible, etc) and the raid. Power, honestly, is almost meaningless in this game beyond about 280 so don’t worry too much about it and just do whatever you enjoy.

Zereta

Been getting some good IB games in. Haven't won one in a while but got really close.

My favorite was losing 83 to 82 and in the last 3 seconds.

At least it wasn't 83 to 22.

JTran2003

Been getting some good IB games in. Haven't won one in a while but got really close.

My favorite was losing 83 to 82 and in the last 3 seconds.

At least it wasn't 83 to 22.

That's awesome.

I feel it isn't the winning or losing that bothers people but more the skill level in the matchmaking. I've played solo matches where we wrecked a team but that's always a rarity. Seems people just want rumble type matched cause my teammates when going solo rarely go for the captures...

Zereta

That's awesome.

I feel it isn't the winning or losing that bothers people but more the skill level in the matchmaking. I've played solo matches where we wrecked a team but that's always a rarity. Seems people just want rumble type matched cause my teammates when going solo rarely go for the captures...

Oh no I completely get it. Going in solo and then getting wrecked by a team is the worst. Did a round earlier where my team was trying to get kills, but no one was going for the points. Suffice to say, we lost handily.

Next up, IB survival.

IB Supremacy. The truest horror

Raven117

That's awesome.

Yup I usually have the lowest kill count on the team because I'm desperately trying to keep zone advantage.

Mindlog

Putting together my PvP montage.
6UkhjRf.gif

Been playing with the iron banner auto and submachine gun and they're both quite good. The auto feels like Origin Story with a faster RoF. The scope is a must.

Number45

Honestly don't mind the fighting against clans as solo, whatever.

Man, had a close match, and 2 people leave around same time. :/
This fucking happened to me so many times last night, even if it was early in the match. I swear some people spawn in, see who wins the initial fight for B (while not actually moving themselves) then fucking quit if they don’t see what they want to,

Simbo

Neo Member
25 packages for me.

Got all of the weapons (LOADS of dupes) but only had 3 x legs and 1 x arms in those 25.

Sucks to be me.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Had probably my best night ever in this game. Got Better Devils and an Iron Banner chest piece within an hour of each other.

People aren’t kidding when they say BD is the best hand cannon in the game, holy shit.

HenryEen

Banned
Had probably my best night ever in this game. Got Better Devils and an Iron Banner chest piece within an hour of each other.

People aren’t kidding when they say BD is the best hand cannon in the game, holy shit.

Try using it with two Kinetic Loader Mod. You can use the 13 Rounds perk and still reloads very fast.

speiky

The emblem shows the total number of packages account wide, right?

41 packages, 3 complete armor sets and all the weapons. Not bad.

I ended up really enjoying this IB. Some maps and mechanics need some tweaks. But overall i'm enjoying pvp.
Is your PSN void666 as well? Or did someone take that opportunity from you?

GlamFM

Banned
Still don´t have an Uriel´s Gift.

Does it have to show in the Engram Preview (Nessus/Gunsmith) for a chance to drop or is it random?

GlamFM

Banned
Actually having the best time with D2 since launch right now.

I have clear grinding goals (Uriel´s and IB set) and I know how to get there.

Thanks to the RNG nature of both drops I finally get the small adrenalin rush whenever I turn in a package.

Feels good.

I´m having fun.

Also IB made it clear once and for all that I vastly prefer D2´s PvP over D1´s.

Don´t let Banshee know that you want that, that sneaky bastard will not give it to you like ever if he knows, true story

I keep telling him I want more GLs in hopes that I will get the Antiope-D. I also tell Saladin the same thing in hopes of getting the HC and legs. Both listen to me and give me GLs. Monsters.

Edit:
I hope next time around they add IB loot to drop post game or rethink the tokens: perhaps increase the loss tokens and/or make stuff purchaseable. Spending 40-100 minutes to get a duplicate is no fun in a time limited event. Miss the old IB where there was set stuff to purchase and those items could randomly drop (with different rolls) post match. It's also another part of what makes the raid so defeating: I'm missing the HC and sniper and haven't gotten something new in weeks.

I keep telling him I want more GLs in hopes that I will get the Antiope-D. I also tell Saladin the same thing in hopes of getting the HC and legs. Both listen to me and give me GLs. Monsters.

NOOOO, DON´T MENTION THAT TO ME

DymEe.gif

154 levels and still nothing...in the meanwhile i could build a fucking house using Foggy Notions, Copperheads and Orthrus

Top Bottom