• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

Number45

I received 5 Grenade Launchers and 6 Fusions from Saladdin lol
I got the warlock set and the hunter helmet and cloak, but I had WAY more weapons than armour when I'd have traded all of the weapons for all of the armour for each character. :(

Sidearm was probably my most duplicated item.

If I only we knew that he would be giving 300 on the Monday...

Bungie damn it, looks like we learned our lesson for next Month, only submit on Monday

Feorax

I didn't like the look of any of the IB loot, so I've mostly swerved this one. Quite glad that I did now, seems a completely pointless exercise.

When is the best time to play trials? We tried a bit tonight but me and my friends matched repeatedly with groups several times better than us. Was a frustrating experience overall.

Raven117

Would have liked some of that armor, but meh...Got the weapons...just in case the meta changes.

I only delete dupes....You never know when Bungie is going reshuffle the meta.

deadduck

When is the best time to play trials? We tried a bit tonight but me and my friends matched repeatedly with groups several times better than us. Was a frustrating experience overall.

I usually play weekend mornings, but also went flawless Friday night.

Usually come across a tough team once a card regardless, but Monday nights (UK) sometimes 2 or 3 good teams.

JB1981

Those who were in my Newbie raid this week, I'd like to run you to use your underbelly keys tonight if you're around at 9PM EST. If you see this, please PM me whether or not you can make it. I will PM those I haven't heard from a little closer to time.

I'd also love to get Saint (who had to drop from the group) his Calus kill prior to this, at 8PM EST, if anyone is willing to help out for that.

I'd be happy to help with this as well if Cornbread is still looking to get it done tonight. I've done it a number of times now.

Not unless you're specifically looking for something from that vendor. They won't help you level higher from there. You're at endgame now, you can have a look at this to see if you are missing anything to be able to progress: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=250202078&postcount=15155

Thank you. So these tokens I have built up I should save these for an alt character?

Tawpgun

Good lord.

So you're telling me the ability denial ability (shadowshot) won't activate on a direct hit? meaning if I hit the striker titan coming at me, it wont take his super off until it connects a full second later (after I'm already fucking dead)

and you're telling me shadowshots range from the anchor is telegraphed to the enemy my a visible barrier?

Bungie. Why.

Good lord.

So you're telling me the ability denial ability (shadowshot) won't activate on a direct hit? meaning if I hit the striker titan coming at me, it wont take his super off until it connects a full second later (after I'm already fucking dead)

and you're telling me shadowshots range from the anchor is telegraphed to the enemy my a visible barrier?

Bungie. Why.

Destiny 2 | OT3 | Bungie. Why?

Dipped backed in to D1 to play some customs and quickplay. Damn, did it feel good.

Was surprised to see a full tower instance as well as a good number of people running patrols on Earth.

Deku Tree

Disappointed that D2 does not have a flawless raider trophy. The D2 “platinum” is so casual. Although the Crota raid made the D1 platinum very casual too.

Proud to be a VoG flawless raider.

Zereta

When you solo queue, the challenges are the quickest way to actually get a significant amount of tokens. Otherwise have fun playing 4-5 games an hour, losing 4-5 games an hour with an average score of 100-50 and get a whole 8-10 tokens for your misery. If you're running with a group it's not bad because assists count towards it and your consistently sticking together, but doing it solo is a bitch. It doesn't take me more than 3-5 games for each character (some days the challenges literally took a game to get per character), but I'm just done. Got dupes on my last 10 engrams and the double kill challenge is the one that has taken me the longest the past two days.

I get this. I've only played solo queue Iron Banner this time around. I know how frustrating it is because I have those 100-23 rounds all the time and feel like shit getting 2 tokens and having to slog through it again. Maybe I just have a little bit more patience for that...

That and:

I suspect that's the way most people play when we're talking about regular Crucible, but the nature of the timed event and the low payout for losses makes the Challenges a bit crucial for IB unless you're consistently running with a good fireteam.

I totally get that. Thats why every engram that gives me dupe IB auto rifle and not the Warlock helmet is so frustrating. But there will be more rounds of Iron Banner. I know I'll get a chance to get that loot again.

Why frustrate myself and get so angry when the engram doesn't drop what I want it to, when now I can look forward to the next Iron Banner and have something to aspire to?

Don't get me wrong: I think Iron Banner in it's current iteration feels unrewarding and frustrating. I just think we can help ourselves a little bit :)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Disappointed that D2 does not have a flawless raider trophy. The D2 “platinum” is so casual.
Typically find myself pretty far removed from opinions like these but I must agree. Destiny 1 was my first Platinum, and Destiny 2 is my second... I got the D2 one without realizing it. As in literally, it popped and then days later someone asked me what else I needed for the platinum and I checked to then discover I had it already.
Although the Crota raid made the D1 platinum very casual too.

Proud to be a VoG flawless raider.
Heh. I wonder if anyone else besides the fireteam I dragged against their better judgment got VoG flawless in year 3.

Y1 VoG flawless was mostly about whether or not the Fireteam was willing to risk attempting it with that one guy in the group that struggled with the jumping puzzle. Lol

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So 17 packages for Titan, 28 for Warlock. 2 sets complete. All Weapons collected. 900 tokens, 441 being from Daily Challenges over the week, earning 459 from wins and losses, so 65 Tokens daily average. This post brought to you by the letter L, like Hunters with no Recovery.

Are you kidding me? We might get a "special" Aura!

I really hope something good comes from completing prestige raid

Better Dresstiny Gear I'm assuming. It's not like the Level cap is going to change
or like the level cap matters all that much to begin with lol

So 17 packages for Titan, 28 for Warlock. 2 sets complete. All Weapons collected. 900 tokens, 441 being from Daily Challenges over the week, earning 459 from wins and losses, so 65 Tokens daily average. This post brought to you by the letter L, like Hunters with no Recovery.

I look at my hunter, stare at his 2 recovery, and weep softly every day.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

And you got that bond on the last one, too. I was getting nervous for you.

ramyeon

Got my alt to 305 after taking him through the Raid last night. The Titan Mark pushed me over.
DMQmuMjUQAEP8J9.jpg:orig
My main (Warlock) is sitting at 304, being held back by a pair of 304 gauntlets. Hopefully the milestones this week will get me a pair of max power gauntlets to get him there too.

Deku Tree

Typically find myself pretty far removed from opinions like these but I must agree. Destiny 1 was my first Platinum, and Destiny 2 is my second... I got the D2 one without realizing it. As in literally, it popped and then days later someone asked me what else I needed for the platinum and I checked to then discover I had it already.

Heh. I wonder if anyone else besides the fireteam I dragged against their better judgment got VoG flawless in year 3.

Certainly very few ever did flawless on any raid other than Crota after 2015.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I look at my hunter, stare at his 2 recovery, and weep softly every day.
You can get to 4 or 5 fairly easily without sacrificing much in the way of cosmetics (you have a couple options per slot with at least an optional node, even if no intrinsic) if you're willing to put a Self-Repairing mod on your boots. My "survivable" set is 5-4-5, the difference between 2 and 5 is totally worth it.

You can bump it all the way to 7 at present with specific sets but this is a good compromise for me and I still like the look of my Hunter with this stuff equipped.

My "just fun" build is 10-2-2 :p
Certainly very few ever did flawless on any raid other than Crota after 2015.
I know Drizz led a KF flawless at one point and I believe it was successful first try.

Deku Tree

I know Drizz led a KF flawless at one point and I believe it was successful first try.

I watched that on Unstables twitch. I think they had a few restarts but it was basically a first try. stacked team though. Pretty sure the YouTube video is in the OP of at least one D1 OT OP.

Wootball

Is there a video of the world's first of Crota anywhere? Leviathan was my first ever raid, I went in blind, and I wanted to see the other raids done blind too.

Flawless raid are really tough then? Even with a tightening of the mechanics where everything needs three phases and everything hits like they do in Prestige Nightfalls I feel like presitge Leviathan will be doable. That is assuming that the ramp from Nightfall to Prestige Nightfall is roughly the same as the ramp as raid to Prestige Raid.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
My hunter has 1 recovery. Lul.
I'd say for tough endgame content it is really worth investing in getting a set that can get you to at least 4, ASAP. It doesn't matter for like regular patrols/PEs, Nightfalls, the first sections of the Raid, etc. but for the raid boss and Prestige stuff it is pretty necessary and makes a huge difference in how sweaty everything feels.

I just want to take a moment and say thank you to Bungie for giving me 4 more of the Iron Banner warlock helm when I did my final token turn in before I have to go to work. Maybe I’ll finish the set next time. Maybe. Not so sure.

Smartloot more like DUMBLOOT, am I right? I just came up with that.

I just want to take a moment and say thank you to Bungie for giving me 4 more of the Iron Banner warlock helm when I did my final token turn in before I have to go to work. Maybe I’ll finish the set next time. Maybe. Not so sure.

Smartloot more like DUMBLOOT, am I right? I just came up with that.
This is the only piece I want, and I still haven't gotten a single one. I am sad.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
killersense
bach150
XChildofhateX
(and Kyne I spose)

If you see this and you are around to grab your Key chests from the raid, quote this post or PM me. Otherwise I will see if I can find you after the Calus clear with Saint tonight.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
killersense
bach150
XChildofhateX
(and Kyne I spose)

If you see this and you are around to grab your Key chests from the raid, quote this post or PM me. Otherwise I will see if I can find you after the Calus clear with Saint tonight.

If you need Calus s clear let me know
I'm available, also need it on Warlock

Then run it twice fresh on Hunter and Titan

Top Bottom