• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It's not really unlimited. You still need to switch back to coil and have to pick up heavy ammo.

It's not like the icebreaker glitch where you get free unlimited heavies for days.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I believe this is the intent. Just like Prestige Nightfall rewards are just another chance at loot and some cosmetics, so too is the Prestige Raid. This prevents the community from splitting into Normal and Hard mode raids. I felt bad for all the new folks trying to do the raid when the entire community had moved into the hard raid.

People complained that D1 didn't have any challenging PvE activities. Prestige Modes is there for those that want the challenge and they give cosmetic rewards to show off. Good change, Bungie.
Yes that’s a great idea! Let’s take a previously challenging and rewarding mode, rename it, then strip it of actual revelvant rewards! Kudos to you bungie! FYI they didn’t add a mode for the sole purpose of cosmetic rewards, like everything in typical destiny-bungie fashion for the sake of “reasons” they nerfed their completely serviceable gameplay loop. But let’s praise them for it yay!

shermas

It's not really unlimited. You still need to switch back to coil and have to pick up heavy ammo.

It's not like the icebreaker glitch where you get free unlimited heavies for days.

The crota heavy ammo glitch? Good times.

On a side note, no helmet or chest (again) for my main this week. Stuck at 305/305/304. Unless my clan rewards come thru, but I think those are just guns.

I did get the manahannaann to finally drop.

I guess I should try the raid now, too.

Lakers, baby

7IKkNp8.jpg

I think I'll pass. Not a huge fan of most of default designs anyway.

Zereta

It just being a reskin is maybe a little lame (And raid loot, normal and prestige is pretty middling in any case) but that Prestige purple glow tho.

(Why no raid ship, mods and shader)

Acorn

Psions are guaranteed purple ammo drops on the symbols in the throne room, so it arguably is for the encounter.

Don't really care about world's first crap, let em keep it. Doubt it made much difference anyway.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
When you switch from one power weapon to another, you get less ammo on the second. It seems to be determined by a percentage. Something about the way the Coil handles it's ammo results in the switch filling up the reserve of any other weapon you switch to. That's why it works every time. It's different from bugging out an encounter or passing through a wall.
So, a different kind of glitch.

1 round in Coil becomes 5-14 rounds in other power weapons. This is an obvious glitch unless the weapon is intended to have a hidden "matter conversion" perk or something. It functions improperly, based on intended design, compared to every other gun in the game.

This is also an exploit because it offers a gameplay advantage when taken advantage of.
The Coil situation presumably unintended and is a side effect.
The only potential way it is not a glitch is if that presumption is wrong, and it IS intended. Otherwise it's a glitch. It can be a glitch without being gamebreaking, I don't know why characterizing it as a "side effect" is any more beneficial.

I don't consider it a glitch because it's not breaking anything.
I think that's a really inadequate definition. Anything that is functioning improperly in terms of intended design is a glitch.

If your Hunter cloak extends 300 feet into the ground, it neither breaks anything nor has any impact on gameplay whatsoever but it's still obviously a glitch. It's not working the way it's supposed to.

I have said glitch too many times now. Glitch.
It's like saying people who used the Loot Cave in Vanilla D1 were glitching. Doesn't seem to apply. Exploiting, absolutely. Glitching, nah.
That was neither. That was unintended player behavior, but the behavior was literally just repeatedly performing an intended action in the hope of an extremely unlikely result. It also wasn't an exploit because intended or otherwise it didn't actually provide any notable advantage over doing other things, as I tried to explain in agonizing detail three years ago thus earning me this tag. :p

It just being a reskin is maybe a little lame (And raid loot, normal and prestige is pretty middling in any case) but that Prestige purple glow tho.

(Why no raid ship, mods and shader)

How will Tess stay in business if ships and sparrows could be found in the wild? That's crazy talk. Now here, enjoy this vanguard or crucible sparrow that I stole from Zavala and Shaxx when the tower fell.

Can't wait until 2018 when I can finally get a full set. Unless they don't drop dupes (lol).

Yeah there is no way I'll be able to complete a prestige set. I relied on packages and tokens so much for the normal mode gear. I'd never have gotten the helmet or legs if not for the packages.

There are a couple parts from the prestige set that I really want but I'll be lucky to get even those tbh. Prestige sounds like a real pain and it's telling that even on day 1 people are seemingly not having it.

ZeoVGM

Banned
The purple parts glow, similar to chroma in D1. Like the titan helmet projects a symbol, etc.

Yeah, that honestly doesn't bother me. I think that purple glow would look good with the original Raid shader. The problem is...

Prestige so far:

Gauntlet - zero drop, just tokens for normal gear.
Dogs - zero drop, just tokens for normal gear.

... stuff like this.

Here's how I would fix the Raid setup, which, honestly, is just based on what Bungie has done in the past:

- Have regular Raid gear drop from encounters in both Normal and Prestige.
- This would be alongside the same amount of tokens you currently get.
- Have Prestige Raid gear also drop from encounters. Not as much as the regular gear but likely more than it seems to be currently.
- Bring back special perks for Raid gear.
- There should be Prestige weapons as well.
- Have a cool and unique looking sparrow and ship that can drop from the Prestige Raid. I honestly don't understand why this isn't a thing currently.
- Make the normal emblem legendary and the prestige exotic. And have them track completions.

I personally don't think I'll be jumping into the Prestige Raid until they make some changes.

You should really require full raid gear to be successful in prestige raid, and a full set of prestige raid gear should have some exclusive perks that make you never switch it out except for exotics--something like being able to store 3 mod slots per armor so you can easily maximize the armor for each class without burning legendary mods for example.

The armor in this game is easily just....beyond awful in regards to none of it really making any real difference besides having the ideal Recovery/Resilience/Mobility ratings.

Looks like we're going to have to wait for a Taken King sized expansion before we see huge changes to the game. Some additional content from the minor expansions will be nice but likely more of the same.

When D2 first premiered people said it looked too similar, like D1.5. They were upset.

Now D2 is too different, doesn’t do everything the same way. People are upset.

Now the truth is revealed, people wanted D1.5.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Tried Prestige, gave up on Baths

No point, you hear how excited our group was when we bear Gauntlet and really picking up it quick
Then go to the Rewards Chest and get trolled with Tokens

Then Dogs, again realizing 8 dogs and not 6, new paths to be learned, again took a few tries, beaten again, Tokens for most

We were so demoralized as a group to figuring stuff out and progressing every time to be given the middle finger on Loot drops

1 person walked away with a Warlock Bond, 1 with a Hunter Chest
2 encounters fully completed only 1/3rd of the Raid Group got drops while rest got Tokens that really dot help you out

So you have to run Normal x3, then Prestige x3
Cause Prestige doesn't drop double Loot like old Raids where you could earn Hard and Normal version on Hard, with Challenges giving you the extra bonus on top of that...

Shit most will run Castelrium x3, get shaders, tokens, 300 Engram and that's it for Prestige

Why suffer through if your not a static group, the rewards don't even respect your time.
People would do prestige if there was guaranteed Loot, but Godforbid a Loot Shooter, give Loot!

exYle

End of Life D1 was THAT good. Can you blame us?

There was a post on reddit recently detailing that the QOL changes that occured during the majority of D1 Y2 and all of D1 Y3 never made it to D2, which makes sense. The live team took over at that point and D2 began full development

v1perz53

How could anyone possibly think the Coil glitch "doesn't affect anything"? It turns one heavy ammo brick from 3-4 shots with Merciless normally into 14 shots by picking up the ammo with a different weapon. The very definition of a glitch that results in you having a definitive advantage you would't have otherwise.

That said, I don't care about world first and glitches. I didn't when I played WoW, I don't in Destiny. However Bungie wants to handle it is fine with me, I'm fine with both giving them credit and removing the credit, both have arguments. No one should be banned for sure though.

But how anyone can say this isn't a way to exploit a glitch for power benefit is out of their mind.

So, a different kind of glitch.

1 round in Coil becomes 5-14 rounds in other power weapons. This is an obvious glitch unless the weapon is intended to have a hidden "matter conversion" perk or something. It functions improperly, based on intended design, compared to every other gun in the game.

This is also an exploit because it offers a gameplay advantage when taken advantage of.

The only potential way it is not a glitch is if that presumption is wrong, and it IS intended. Otherwise it's a glitch. It can be a glitch without being gamebreaking, I don't know why characterizing it as a "side effect" is any more beneficial.

I think that's a really inadequate definition. Anything that is functioning improperly in terms of intended design is a glitch.

If your Hunter cloak extends 300 feet into the ground, it neither breaks anything nor has any impact on gameplay whatsoever but it's still obviously a glitch. It's not working the way it's supposed to.

I have said glitch too many times now. Glitch.

That was neither. That was unintended player behavior, but the behavior was literally just repeatedly performing an intended action in the hope of an extremely unlikely result. It also wasn't an exploit because intended or otherwise it didn't actually provide any notable advantage other doing other things, as I tried to explain in agonizing detail three years ago thus earning me this tag. :p

I guess then it's just a personal definition I have? I see the difference in the cape example because it's not easily repeatable. It can't be done on demand. So that's a result of either very specific random things happening in sequence to cause it... or just a bug that crops up when the game doesn't behave correctly.

Coil happening every single time without fail seems to suggest that it's performing exactly the way the code is telling it to but the fact that no other gun behaves that way and there is no feature that explicitly tells us it's supposed to work that way lets us know that it's likely not supposed to do that. That's why I feel like Coil ammo is an exploit. It's clear that it's mechanically doing what it's told to do but the result isn't the intended result. Nothing is being broken or circumvented to get the effect. The mechanics aren't being tricked or triggered inappropriately. He didn't create the parameters for it to happen but he is taking advantage of something that he knows isn't right.

Also, Loot Cave's spawn rate definitely wasn't equal to other areas of the game. And players took advantage of that. The drop rate was the same as any other areas of the game. But not the spawn rate. It was spawning exactly the way Bungie coded it to, but players took advantage of the fact that it was faster than any other spawn area. Which is why Bungie nerfed the spawn rate to discourage players from farming it.

Navy Bean

When D2 first premiered people said it looked too similar, like D1.5. They were upset.

People are not upset because it's "different" people are upset because so many of the game systems are actively worse than D1.... I imagine most people wanted something that was fresh and expanded and improved upon where we left off with D1. That is certainly not D2

There was a post on reddit recently detailing that the QOL changes that occured during the majority of D1 Y2 and all of D1 Y3 never made it to D2, which makes sense. The live team took over at that point and D2 began full development

Citation needed.

Live team is just responsible for live events & April Update. Not full product releases. And every live release was pooped on by the community at the time. The lead for Rise of Iron was the same guy who headed House of Wolves, not a live team member.

And that chart is pure bs, counting only things that are “missing” & none of the stuff that D2 added. Newsflash, D2 is Not D1 Year 4. They very clearly wanted wanted to reset things & they did. I like the changes they made. There’s stuff that needs improvement, but I’m happy with D2 & glad it’s not D1.5.

End of Life D1 was THAT good. Can you blame us?

End of life Destiny 1 was absolutely terrible if you mean Rise of Iron onwards. Aside from the raid being good, every meta for a weapon had already been discovered in TTK, and they were forced to just start bringing back old weapons and throw ornaments on everything. Nobody but the 1% stuck around long after ROI dropped.

With that said, Destiny 2 has issues.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

Thing is a Challenge is OK, if the rewards backing it up as there to be chased.

You commending Bungie that this is the right direction is some Grade A Bullshit.

Cosmetics never were the chase for Raids. People went after Loot. That's why players for 3 years have ran VoG still, cause there was Loot to be had.
Now Prestige mode doesn't reward you Loot, gives you inferior tokens to loot pool that's already RNG through packages, that most are down to 1-2 pieces left to get it.

All this Prestige showed is the incompetence of Bungie. They just dialed up the meter on damage taken and damage dealt. Then throw in these stupid mechanics that most PUGs will never accomplish
You will need a static or your core clique of a group to do this with

At least normal you can grab anybody and teach them a role.

I used to complain to people all in my Raids, learn all the jobs, please, learn to be a runner and shooter on pedestals
Learn prism and dog walking
Now Baths leaver has to eat that oil puddle
Calus know both inside and outside

Now Prestige requires that, now people need to go into Normal and Practice it for Prestige

Also it's not fun being rewarded anything from encounters you triumph from
That's how Bungie wants to do it, it will keep losing players at a constant rate, until we will be back to the dry stale slumber period, which at least took till after DLCs dropped, we are already experiencing it now before DLC

Deku Tree

Are the tokens gold and purple too?

The Tokens are the same normal mode tokens and you only get normal mode loot with them from the Raid vendor.

You can only get the Prestige gear slowly from doing the raid and getting random drops or the one guaranteed drop from Calus.

I presume that the challenge modes will have an additional guaranteed drop.

TyrantII

The Tokens are the same normal mode tokens and you only get normal mode loot with them from the Raid vendor.

You can only get the Prestige gear slowly from doing the raid and getting random drops or the one guaranteed drop from Calus.

I presume that the challenge modes will have an additional guaranteed drop.

So basically people will only be running final checkpoints. Ever.

Mindlog

I like Prestige mode being about Prestige.
The no ships, ghosts, mods and whatever. I understand that having them would be just as upsetting to some, but I'm on the side that's pretty disappointed all that stuff is relegated to MT loot boxes. My primary motivator for overcoming challenge is overcoming challenge. Not loot. MTs though...

End of life Destiny 1 was absolutely terrible if you mean Rise of Iron onwards. Aside from the raid being good, every meta for a weapon had already been discovered in TTK, and they were forced to just start bringing back old weapons and throw ornaments on everything. Nobody but the 1% stuck around long after ROI dropped.

With that said, Destiny 2 has issues.

I disagree

Having a homage to everything D1 had to offer all accessible along with a record book to complete was a nice closeout imho

I figured D2 would use more of the best ideas moving forward and that potential is still there of course but we will have to see what the roadmap is going forward for D2

Trakan

Now D2 is too different, doesn't do everything the same way. People are upset.

Common sense and logic say it could easily be both. Clearly people aren't flip flopping on the same issue over and over.

It can feel too similar to D1 because we didn't get any brand new subclasses, enemy races, elemental types, or a new 4th playable class. You know, the things a sequel should have. At the same time things D1 did do right got shittier like the weapons, cooldowns, endgame, etc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/4yla1u/rise_of_iron_was_made_by_the_live_team/

The live team did help with RoI.

Loot has been an issue since TTK. The only difference is that the issue was HEAVILY masked by patch changes that drastically altered the meta 2-3 times over the life of the expansion. Basically, everybody hunted for an archetype god roll for say Pulse Rifles, which was fun, and then all of a sudden a patch turned pulse rifles to shit and made hand cannons godly again, so everyone was searching for hand cannon god rolls, and then shotgun nerfs forced people into looking for Matadors, etc.

Like, the loot grind was literally extended balance patches lol. If they'd stuck with one balance patch for its entirety people would have been raging about look far earlier than before the ROI expansion.

And then even in ROI they artificially created loot grind demand by changing balance again regarding special ammo, forcing people to search for stuff like reborn Icebreakers.

Yeah there is no way I'll be able to complete a prestige set. I relied on packages and tokens so much for the normal mode gear. I'd never have gotten the helmet or legs if not for the packages

I'm trying to get full raid gear, only have chest. When you say 'packages' are you talking getting drops from killing stuff in there?

Thing is a Challenge is OK, if the rewards backing it up as there to be chased.

You commending Bungie that this is the right direction is some Grade A Bullshit.

Cosmetics never were the chase for Raids.

What's the reward for going Flawless? Cosmetics. That's really about it. (the weapon perks were deliberately so mild as to be forgettable). What's the reward for Prestige Nightfalls? Cosmetics.

The rewards were always, always gonna be purely cosmetic because it's so hard. That's why it's not called Hard Raid. It's not required. It's optional, just like Flawless. Hard mode was not optional. You had to do it if you wanted to get max light or the all the weapons. It was so required that people stopped doing the normal raid once hard raid comes out. Which segments the community.

All this Prestige showed is the incompetence of Bungie. They just dialed up the meter on damage taken and damage dealt. Then throw in these stupid mechanics that most PUGs will never accomplish.

This was deliberate. Prestige Raid is harder than Hard Raids. They're not meant to be accomplished by everyone. You see someone with Prestige or Flawless Auras and you know they did something hard. And it's cool that PvE has something like that.

You will need a static or your core clique of a group to do this with

At least normal you can grab anybody and teach them a role.

I used to complain to people all in my Raids, learn all the jobs, please, learn to be a runner and shooter on pedestals
Learn prism and dog walking
Now Baths leaver has to eat that oil puddle
Calus know both inside and outside

Now Prestige requires that, now people need to go into Normal and Practice it for Prestige

This was deliberate by Bungie. And I think it's cool. The need to practice all the raid to do a Prestige version? I like that. I like that it'll push our group really hard.

That's how Bungie wants to do it, it will keep losing players at a constant rate, until we will be back to the dry stale slumber period, which at least took till after DLCs dropped, we are already experiencing it now before DLC

Every Destiny expansion has lost players. It's remarkable we're having this discussion given how every week there's been some new activity: The Raid (w/ new PvP map), Trials (w/ new PvP map), Faction Rally and Iron Banner (w/ new PvP map). We've had more PvP maps in 1 month than in 2 years of "Live Team updates". Each of those updates has had new weapons and/or armor. This week there's the Prestige raid with new armor.

I won't apologize for liking D2 and the changes that they've made. I have things I want them to improve, but overall, I'm really digging it.

Deku Tree

So basically people will only be running final checkpoints. Ever.

Well you usually do get a second raid drop from one of the three encounters, even if it is not guaranteed.

I think that every time I did the normal raid I always got a second random drop from one encounter.

It may be guaranteed to get a second drop, I am not sure.

I'm expecting large player drops next week. Bungie really screwed up the long game they were working towards perfecting in D1.

Me & my crew had put over 1000 hours (each of us individually) into the game. We'd been logging on less & less as the weeks went on, and most of us were split between wanting to defend the game out of nostalgia for Bungie & D1, even D1 Year 1, and the others who were seeing the game & its loops just weren't fun at best, frustrating & headache inducing at worse.

The light at the end of the tunnel was HM raid. It was the only thing that sorta kept us going, kept all of us wanting to get 305 to go in there. After reading everything HM raid is, there are no defenders in our crew left. We're not even going to do the HM raid anymore. There is no point.

So, Bungie managed to do something they couldn't do in their over 20 years of history - lose a group of fans. I'm done. My crew is done. I don't care that Bungie/ATVI got a free 30 for dlc that I won't be playing this year. I'm actually kinda relieved that the greater resource, time, won't be wasted on this game & hoping beyond hope that there is truth in the 'things will get better!' vague promises that we hear from Deej & the other PR people whenever they seldom do decide to chime in & throw us a bone.

What really broke my back on this game was that Bungie had every opportunity to learn lessons from D1 while developing D2. D1 wasn't merely a game that came out in Sept. of 2014. They were actively working on the game & iterating on it this entire time. It got multiple updates, saw lots of live content. It was all fine & dandy. D2 is an active step back in so many ways from lessons learned, that I have a hard time believing anything of worth was learned on their end at all.

Jeff-DSA

Ok, everybody. I largely passed on D1, but I have been really hooked on D2 and I've been enjoying it. 99% of the time I play alone, simply due the fact that I can't play until a bit later due to having kids, work, and other excuses.

So...

How does someone like me ultimately get into the end game content? I'm not a bad player, I just have an odd schedule for most of my normal friends to keep up with. I've only finished one of the Nightfall strikes by joining a guided match, and that one specific run went ok. Other runs...not so much.

My clan is ok. It's the MBMBaM clan. People are contributing, but hardly ever while I'm on, so I rarely use my clan to complete stuff. Any guidance on possibly finding a clan that's a bit more suited to my situation? I'd really like to play the raid and Nightfall content each week.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hawkian it is time to post the Sine curve again.
the irony in that even doing that would be redundant by now
Ok, everybody. I largely passed on D1, but I have been really hooked on D2 and I've been enjoying it. 99% of the time I play alone, simply due the fact that I can't play until a bit later due to having kids, work, and other excuses.

So...

How does someone like me ultimately get into the end game content? I'm not a bad player, I just have an odd schedule for most of my normal friends to keep up with. I've only finished one of the Nightfall strikes by joining a guided match, and that one specific run went ok. Other runs...not so much.

My clan is ok. It's the MBMBaM clan. People are contributing, but hardly ever while I'm on, so I rarely use my clan to complete stuff. Any guidance on possibly finding a clan that's a bit more suited to my situation? I'd really like to play the raid and Nightfall content each week.
There are a variety of clans in the post about it linked from the OP if you are actively trying to find another one, but- especially if your clan is indeed earning you the engrams for weekly completions already- in terms of finding impromptu groups I instead suggest using this thread or the Discord or both to find groups. The thread is particularly useful for setting up fireteams in advance of when you actually want to do content- I.e. post for people looking to do something in 2 hours, or even days in advance.

Jeff-DSA

There are a variety of clans in the post about it linked from the OP if you are actively trying to find another one, but- especially if your clan is indeed earning you the engrams for weekly completions already- in terms of finding impromptu groups I instead suggest using this thread or the Discord or both to find groups. The thread is particularly useful for setting up fireteams in advance of when you actually want to do content- I.e. post for people looking to do something in 2 hours, or even days in advance.

Yeah, maybe jumping ship on the clan isn't the answer. I'll watch for people looking for fireteam members around here too.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah, maybe jumping ship on the clan isn't the answer. I'll watch for people looking for fireteam members around here too.
Hehe, don't just watch, make sure to post if you're looking. There are plenty of people who are willing to or even enjoy helping out even if they don't need the run themselves.

zewone

People acting like ROI was a good expansion again. I always find that funny.

The live team did the best they could, but let's not act like they're some AAA devs.

ramyeon

Hey guys, I have a bunch of Raid keys (Drain, Irrigation and Pipeline) that I want to get. Anyone else have these keys and able to help out? I'd be looking at doing it around 6PM AEDT (Sydney, Australia time) today if possible.

Top Bottom