• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 PC Open Beta Trailer

feel

Me: Meh, Destiny 1 didn't really grab me on console and this seems mostly more of the same.

Also me: *icon pops up on Battle.net* HYPE!! I NEED IT!

Tecnniqe

Banned
How is blizzard s handling of cheaters on battle net?

Lawsuits and paperwork the makers into oblivion and banning their keys when they catch them.

If a player is found to be cheating—or using hacks, bots, or third-party software that provides any sort of unfair advantage—that player will be permanently banned from the game. Full stop.

Lighten up fellas, it was a joke.

giphy.gif

Preordered this on PC for me and my friend that's having money issues lately I was gonna be playing with anyway since I still had Gamestop Credit left from that 70% trade in deal awhile ago. Can't wait so hyped, gonna be playing a ton and can't wait for that 60FPS+ smoothness.

Caffeine

In the Destiny 2 on Battle.net FAQ, Blizzard openly said they were considering other Activision games. It might not happen, but I think I'd probably expect it honestly. Same for if Activision ever decides to make another IP.

it would be better for cod tbh, vac doesnt do shit, treyarch anti cheat is a little better. I'm sure if it had blizzards anti cheat and a bigger playerbase than steam.

anyway thats a cool trailer see it in the app am prepared to try it.

damn. Just remembered this game doesn't have dedicated servers. Kinda bums me out. How many players can you co op with for different mission types? I know PvP is 4 v4. Do hubtowns have a lot of people?

damn. Just remembered this game doesn't have dedicated servers. Kinda bums me out. How many players can you co op with for different mission types? I know PvP is 4 v4. Do hubtowns have a lot of people?

There's a Hub called The Farm and can maintain 26 players at a time

darthbob

Mine isn't, I'm still using an Nvidia card with a Freesync monitor and my GTX 970 won't hit the sweet spot of 100 - 144fps I assume.

A 970 ought to get solid performance, perhaps not ~144FPS at Ultra, but I bet you can get there with some tweaking.

Since you're using a Freesync monitor, have you considered trying to acquire an RX Vega 56 or 64 card?

Arrrammis

For PvE, you normally have teams of 6 for the raids and teams of 3 for everything else. PvP is 4 players, like you mentioned. At this point I doubt they'd add larger team modes based on their explanations of their vision for PvP, but who knows.

There's a Hub called The Farm and can maintain 26 players at a time

That's not bad. So was P2P bad in destiny? I just remembered Warframe doesn't have dedicated servers and I enjoyed it fine for about 500 hours so I guess it's not a deal breaker for pve.

For PvE, you normally have teams of 6 for the raids and teams of 3 for everything else. PvP is 4 players, like you mentioned. At this point I doubt they'd add larger team modes based on their explanations of their vision for PvP, but who knows.
Damn just 3? That's a bummer. 4 tends to be the magic number when it comes to stuff like that which means I won't be able to group with my core group of friends for most of the content. That's a real bummer.

Eyeron

Gonna feel weird playing with KB&M at first. I'll miss the rumble. D1 implemented it very well. Might try XB1 controller for PVE, at least.

Arrrammis

That's not bad. So was P2P bad in destiny? I just remembered Warframe doesn't have dedicated servers and I enjoyed it fine for about 500 hours so I guess it's not a deal breaker for pve.

Damn just 3? That's a bummer. 4 tends to be the magic number when it comes to stuff like that which means I won't be able to group with my core group of friends for most of the content. That's a real bummer.

In Destiny the lag wasn't bad at all in PvE, with the exception of some times when people were raiding across the world with each other (i.e. one person in Germany, another in Japan, another in Canada, etc.).

Yeah, 3 people was always kind of a weird choice IMO. It's even worse now that they changed PvP to 4-person teams (it used to be 6), so you can't seamlessly hop back and froth between PvP and PvE with a full group anymore. But maybe it works well in D2, we'll just have to see.

Man I wish this would have cross save with PS4. I want to buy it and play on PC but every friend I have who is getting this is doing it on PS4. Wish my gear would just translate between the 2

nikos

Man I wish this would have cross save with PS4. I want to buy it and play on PC but every friend I have who is getting this is doing it on PS4. Wish my gear would just translate between the 2

Same here. Still going with the PC version for mouse and performance.

I've expressed how bitter I was over this decision a few times now and I'll keep doing it in the (unlikely) chance it somehow changes... But yeah, seriously wtf bungie?? I'd preorder both versions right now if I was able to use the same characters on either platform. Really boggles my mind they didn't attempt to make this a reality.

Ramirez

I've expressed how bitter I was over this decision a few times now and I'll keep doing it in the (unlikely) chance it somehow changes... But yeah, seriously wtf bungie?? I'd preorder both versions right now if I was able to use the same characters on either platform. Really boggles my mind they didn't attempt to make this a reality.

How do we know it isn't someone like Sony blocking it? They're heavily invested into Destiny, and I doubt they want to give anyone a reason to not play on PS4, lol.

jediyoshi

I'd buy this game twice like a crazy person if there was cross platform progression.

border

How do we know it isn't someone like Sony blocking it? They're heavily invested into Destiny, and I doubt they want to give anyone a reason to not play on PS4, lol.

I suspect Bungie doesn't want to enable cross saves until they're relatively certain that the PC version is going to be hack-free and uncorrupted. Don't want PC cheaters ruining things for the people playing on console.

If it was just Sony holding it back, then the Xbox version would have cross-save.

I'd buy this game twice like a crazy person if there was cross platform progression.

Same here wouldn't even think twice about it. As of now I'm probably just going to go PS4 at least early on. If the PC version has a healthy community I'll probably pick up a PC version cheaper down the road to experience it with 60fps and a m+k.

I bet there are a ton of people though who would Day 1 both copies if it had cross save

Renkax

I'm mad I think I lost the pre order I did on Gamestop for it. At the time I did it PC wasn't an option to get a Beta key just for consoles. Fuck

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
A 970 ought to get solid performance, perhaps not ~144FPS at Ultra, but I bet you can get there with some tweaking.

Since you're using a Freesync monitor, have you considered trying to acquire an RX Vega 56 or 64 card?

I'm planning to get the Vega 56 at some point for sure. And yeah, I'm not one of those people who put everything on max and then complain about performance when you can turn down two settings and gain 30fps. Maybe the 970 can get 100+, I guess we'll see soon.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
What's the recommended specs?

Willing to try just to see how it runs on a PC

How is it looking for a gtx1060 6GB and i5 6600k, 8GB of ram?

Just to clarify I'm going to play it at 1080p.

pislit

Is destiny fun for solo players? Im the only one I know who will buy this game since my friends are all ugly and poor.

Gonna try the beta and see if it hooks me. Enjoyed my little time with 1 but had no one to play with. So hopefully this will be ok for me and my friends if they are interested since we do not have to pay to try it.

Also hope the date applies to the whole world.

Ramirez

I suspect Bungie doesn't want to enable cross saves until they're relatively certain that the PC version is going to be hack-free and uncorrupted. Don't want PC cheaters ruining things for the people playing on console.

If it was just Sony holding it back, then the Xbox version would have cross-save.

Possibly, but Sony could have things in their contract that prevents the Xbox having cross saves as well. Doubt we'll ever know the real reason, lol.

Even if it were a one time transfer I want to play on PC but can't wait for the release.

Let me play on Xbox and carry it over.

I received a code for the beta, which I punched in, but was never asked about platform. I'm assuming the option to get the PC beta will pop up as this gets closer on the Bungie site?

Top Bottom