• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 PC Open Beta Trailer

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Is destiny fun for solo players? Im the only one I know who will buy this game since my friends are all ugly and poor.

I've played it solo and had fun. Only really through strikes and some other events have I joined up with others. Strikes have match making. I tried doing raids but they made it such a hassle to get into by forcing you to find other players on your own outside the game. D2 seems to improve it with clans/assisted games. But yeah i will be playing mostly solo. I'll give raids another shot and see if it's any easier to get into.

I received a code for the beta, which I punched in, but was never asked about platform. I'm assuming the option to get the PC beta will pop up as this gets closer on the Bungie site?

Yeah you need to wait a bit longer. It's not ready yet.

mmm hoping the 1070 is enough for 1440p/60
Well a 7700K/1080ti does 2160p 60fps ultra. A 1070 should be fine for 1440p 60fps...assuming you have a decent cpu.

A 1070 is well above the recommended specs. They recommend a 970 but also a 1060.

I'm curious to see how my 1080 is going to run this. I really want to run at 4k/60, but if the unlocked framerate is going to be messy on anything below a 1080ti, then I'm not sure if I should go PC on this.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm curious to see how my 1080 is going to run this. I really want to run at 4k/60, but if the unlocked framerate is going to be messy on anything below a 1080ti, then I'm not sure if I should go PC on this.

I don't understand this train of thought, if you can't get 4K/60 you'd rather play on console at 30 when you could instead opt for 1440p/60 or 1080p/144. Do you actually have a 4K screen or are you just planning to use DSR?

Cleve

Like everyone else, I'm excited to see how my (slightly older) rig does. Hoping it's reasonably well optimized, but I guess we'll see soon.

Supposedly it will utilize multiple cores well, so i'm hoping my Ryzen 1700 holds up despite not having the highest clock speed.

Smokey

Yeah, totally go with the console version if you have a 1080.

Matty8787

I expect my rig to handle this well at 1440p!

GTX 1080 and an i7 5820k oc'd @ 4.4Ghz with 16gb of DDR4 3000Mhz RAM! Bring it on!

Top Bottom