• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 PC performance thread

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I have noticed a bit of stutter in action heavy scenes, it feels like the frame rate has dropped under 60 but it hasn't.

Stevey

Requested a refund from Blizzard due to the stuttering.
They said they couldn't give me one as my character was above level 7.
I'm out til they fix it, wish I bought Wolf 2 instead now

Gurrry

I stutter a lot during that one public event where you go underground and stop the wizard ritual. It becomes unplayable.

Also - if I have a browser tab with youtube running, I get stutter every so often as well.

I tried cruicible once and it was also pretty laggy/stuttery. Not sure if its my rig or the game though because most of the game ive gone stutter free.

Uiki

So.. turns out the stuttering is because you are in a clan.

I was able to play 1 min in a public event and then slideshow until the next restart.

I exited the gaf clan, tried 2 events on 2 different planets with multiple people fighting, 60 frames locked.

Will try again later but this seems to be the fix for me.

katsais

Requested a refund from Blizzard due to the stuttering.
They said they couldn't give me one as my character was above level 7.
I'm out til they fix it, wish I bought Wolf 2 instead now

Level 7? Thats actually, pretty cool of Blizzard. Definitely waiting for D2 PC for it go on sale before getting on PC, specially with people having stuttering problems.

So.. turns out the stuttering is because you are in a clan.

I was able to play 1 min in a public event and then slideshow until the next restart.

I exited the gaf clan, tried 2 events on 2 different planets with multiple people fighting, 60 frames locked.

Will try again later but this seems to be the fix for me.

Hmm...this would actually make sense (anecdotally) since my friend hasn't experienced stutter and isn't in a clan but I am. Really curious to see if this is true.

Hmm...this would actually make sense (anecdotally) since my friend hasn't experienced stutter and isn't in a clan but I am. Really curious to see if this is true.

I don't think it is. I get the same stuttering and I'm not in a clan (I do have a clan invite from someone though).

I think it is a memory leak (and therefore will always get worse with time?)... I reinstalled the game and it helped to some degree...for now.

Gotta fix that soon though because it's pretty debilitating.

Uiki

I don't think it is. I get the same stuttering and I'm not in a clan (I do have a clan invite from someone though).

I think it is a memory leak (and therefore will always get worse with time?)... I reinstalled the game and it helped to some degree...for now.

Gotta fix that soon though because it's pretty debilitating.

Then we are talking about 2 different issues.

I just did edz, titan and nessus public events without dropping below 60 or getting the same stutter that made the game unplayable after a minute.

Then we are talking about 2 different issues.

I just did edz, titan and nessus public events without dropping below 60 or getting the same stutter that made the game unplayable after a minute.
I will check again today after declining clan inv/making sure I'm not in one.

I don't think I've ever kept near solid 60 during a public event, even at 1080p (1060 3GB slightly overclocked)

Same 45-60fps mess, regardless of 1080 or 1440p

Sky87

Quick question related to VRAM usage, if I'm in the red but not over in Destiny's video settings, is that fine? Or is it bad to be almost at max?

Shouldn't be an issue. Some textures may fail to load fully though, and you may experience some stutter. If it runs fine and looks fine, there's no reason to be concerned.

I think it has to do with the clan roster not updating and the game constantly trying to update it, so over time it starts bogging down system resources or something?

n0razi

Runs at 100-120fps steady on my main rig with all settings maxed:
- i7 6700K
- 32gb DDR4
- 1TB 960 Pro
- GTX 1070
- 1440p 144Hz Gsync monitor

Just for fun, I tried it on my laptop:
- Core M 5Y10C 900Mhz
- 4GB LDDR
- 256GB 850 Evo
- Intel HD 5300 128gb iGPU
- 768p panel

~15fps at all settings LOW and 50% scaling, looks like shit but it runs lol

Saiyan-Rox

- i7 6700K
- 32gb DDR4
- 1TB 960 Pro
- GTX 1070
- 1440p 144Hz Gsync monitor

Just for fun, I tried it on my laptop:
- Core M 5Y10C 900Mhz
- 4GB LDDR
- 256GB 850 Evo
- Intel HD 5300 128gb iGPU
- 768p panel

~15fps at all settings LOW and 50% scaling, looks like shit but it runs lol

Huh only difference between your rig and mine is you have double the ram but I get 60-70 is the ram really making that much difference? I'm running at 1080 too.

BizzyBum

I left the Clan and played for 2 hours straight, seems to have completely fixed the stuttering for me.

Crap, well I guess I'll leave the clan too until they fix this because the stuttering is driving me crazy. I'm in the Destiny US 1 clan so if possible can the leader leave a spot open and reinvite my Guardian (RemagDiv) when Bungie fixes this?

Would leaving the clan hurt me in any way gameplay wise?

AEREC

Crap, well I guess I'll leave the clan too until they fix this because the stuttering is driving me crazy. I'm in the Destiny US 1 clan so if possible can the leader leave a spot open and reinvite my Guardian (RemagDiv) when Bungie fixes this?

Would leaving the clan hurt me in any way gameplay wise?

Well you wouldn't get clan rewards. You would have to message the clan leader directly too.

Stevey

Thats because the framerate is no longer limited by your monitors refresh rate when vsync is off, you'll get lots of tearing though.

No, like I was getting 50 fps with vsync on and 80 or 90 with it off on a 144hz monitor.
Seemed borked.

Arkage

Banned
No, like I was getting 50 fps with vsync on and 80 or 90 with it off on a 144hz monitor.
Seemed borked.

Yea running with VSYNC takes my FPS from 70s to 56. But I guess it doesn't matter that much since I'm using Gsync, so I just leave it off.

I also get the stuttering. First time I experienced it was when I switched over to multiplayer and got my ass handed to me. At first I thought I was just horrible and getting my ass kicked, then I finally realized the stuttering, thinking the multiplayer stuff was taxing my system harder than the pve stuff, but nope, just this issue that everyone else is experiencing.

I breathed a sigh of relief knowing that, while I'm kind of shitty at PVP, I knew I wasn't that damn bad.

Huh only difference between your rig and mine is you have double the ram but I get 60-70 is the ram really making that much difference? I'm running at 1080 too.

Nah, he is just lying. There is no way he is getting 100 frames with depth of field on ultra in any demanding outdoor scene.

Im playing at 1440p with a gtx 1080 (2050 mhz) and a 7700k (5ghz.)

Faynwulf

I tried to leave my Clan after having a pretty bad time performance wise yesterday. The "tutorial zone" ran perfect. But as soon as the real game started everything went to shit. Didn't matter what preset I choose.

Today after leaving the Clan I had absolutely no problem. I don't think it ever dipped below 60 fps for me.

Anybody else having a massive FPS drop when pulling out the ghost? Game runs fine but every time i do that it tanks to 20fps and everything slows down for a brief moment.

Ryzen 1700
16gb of ram 3200mhz
GTX 970.

DeSo

Banned
3570k @ 4.3
GTX 970
16GB DDR3
1920x1080

I normally never v-sync FPS games (mouse lag and such) but this one I feel performs better with a locked frame rate. I'm getting a near constant 60FPS and the mouse lag in I'm finding to be barely noticeable in-game. With an unlocked framerate I felt I was getting a lot of frametime issues. Most settings are on very high with the occasional one on high. Running with SMAA and a 125% render resolution.

Matteoj8

I'm running the game on high, 1440p with a 1080 ti but I'm not really getting anything solid over 100fps

Could my i5-4790k be holding me back?

BizzyBum

How do we leave our clans.

Is that going to fix the performance issues ?

Okay, so the clan roster being bugged in-game and loading infinitely is 100% the cause of the weird memory leak and micro-stutter issues.

There's 2 ways to fix this until Bungie patches:

1. Leave the clan.

2. Or you can remain in the clan however on Battle.net change the server from Americas to Europe. For some reason this makes the clan roster show and eliminates the micro-stutter and performance issues. Changing servers still keeps your same progress and it's not laggy or anything. Still a temporary fix until they patch it hopefully soon.

I just played for like 6 hours straight doing the second way above and it was super smooth the entire way.

Okay, so the clan roster being bugged in-game and loading infinitely is 100% the cause of the weird memory leak and micro-stutter issues.

There's 2 ways to fix this until Bungie patches:

1. Leave the clan.

2. Or you can remain in the clan however on Battle.net change the server from Americas to Europe. For some reason this makes the clan roster show and eliminates the micro-stutter and performance issues. Changing servers still keeps your same progress and it's not laggy or anything. Still a temporary fix until they patch it hopefully soon.

I just played for like 6 hours straight doing the second way above and it was super smooth the entire way.

Same here

THEaaron

Look up benchmarks, he is clearly not getting a steady 100fps+ experience with a 1070 under 1440p.

People are pretty delusional when they are reporting fps. Or he just measured the beginning of the game, where you are within pretty tight areas.

ramshot

As others have said, nobody should be running to buy this game based on this. With a 1080Ti OC / 6700k @ 1440p / maxed I'm getting around 70fps in the most demanding areas, meaning a 1070 is certainly not able to hold 100+ fps at the same settings.

Anyone have weird mouse jitter/stutter when playing in fullscreen mode? Sometimes it feels like mouse is running at 30fps while the rest of the game is at 60fps. I now switched to borderless fullscreen and seems like this issue is fixed, but I wonder if I'm losing performance now. I tried mouse smoothing in fullscreen mode but it adds input lag as expected.

furfoots

Anyone have weird mouse jitter/stutter when playing in fullscreen mode? Sometimes it feels like mouse is running at 30fps while the rest of the game is at 60fps. I now switched to borderless fullscreen and seems like this issue is fixed, but I wonder if I'm losing performance now. I tried mouse smoothing in fullscreen mode but it adds input lag as expected.

Yes, this seems to be unrelated to the clan issue. I have tried setting everything to low which didn't change anything, also forcing vsync through nvidia didn't help.

It's something to do with the way the mouse movement is working as this doesn't happen when using a controller. Basically the FPS is stable at vsync but you still experience judders/stutters whilst moving the mouse, grab controller and turn your view point on the same spot and there is no stutter. Another good test is capping your framerate in the xml file to your vsync refresh rate then disabling vsync in game and turning the mouse it's just one big judder fest (ignoring the tearing), so its obvious the mouse movement is not in sync with the frametimes/engine.

Also windowed fullscreen for me is running in some kind of double buffered way with low priority to the window itself giving me 30 fps at lots of times, so that is not an option either.

These issues were not there in the beta.

(win 10 fall creator update, i5 4,5ghz with nvidia 1080 @ 1080p)

AEREC

Started getting frequent crashes yesterday after starting a new character...miniTicketDbg.exe - Fatal Error

Between the memory leak and this I feel like this game gets way too much praise for being "well optimized"

Probably one for the more frustrating PC releases for me in recent memory.

Top Bottom