• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 PC performance thread

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmm, I definitely feels there's a memory leak, the game will go from buttery smooth to a stuttering mess after awhile.

Hmmm, I definitely feels there's a memory leak, the game will go from buttery smooth to a stuttering mess after awhile.

Started getting frequent crashes yesterday after starting a new character...miniTicketDbg.exe - Fatal Error

Between the memory leak and this I feel like this game gets way too much praise for being "well optimized"

Probably one for the more frustrating PC releases for me in recent memory.

If you're on the American server play on the Europe server for the time being, or vice versa. It will fix the stutter issue without needing to quit your clan.

Ran into the possible EDZ memory leak last night after doing a few Public Events. Performance went from a rock-solid 60 FPS (at this time I was playing on a 1080p TV, max settings, 150% scale, vsync enabled) to a constant 30-35 FPS no matter what was on the screen. Only restarting the game fixed it.

So on a laptop with an i5-6200U, GeForce 940MX, and 8GB DDR4, I’m able to to run the game fairly well on lowest settings and 75% render resolution in windowed Fullscreen mode.. I average around 40 FPS when nothing is really going on, but it dips to like the mid 20s when there’s a lot of enemies on screen. It’s not too bad, but I’m wondering if there’s anything I can do to keep a similar IQ, but have it run a little better?

renzolama

I was pretty skeptical, but changing the server to Europe in battle.net client seems to have made a major improvement in my stuttering issues also. I'm still dropping to 50-60fps on Titan, but the frametimes/input are smooth as they should be on my 1070/gsync monitor.

Had a chance to hook my PC up to my TV while my wife was gone today. 4K+HDR was a beautiful thing. Held above 60 for the entire Titan level on a 1080Ti

Hakiroto

It runs great on my (just less than) 2 year old rig. Maxed out at 1440p I'm getting anything from 70-90 FPS usually. Details below:

• Zotac AMP! Extreme 980 Ti @ 1515 MHz
  • 6700K @ 4.6 GHz
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 MHz
  • ASUS MAXIMUS VIII HERO
  • 1440p on Acer Predator XB271HU
It feels great after playing PUBG last week.

I sometimes freeze when it takes me to orbit. Anyone getting that? Happened 4/10 times for me when I go to orbit. I try to avoid going to orbit now, but sometimes at the end of a mission it kicks me out to orbit and I freeze.

Hedge

Does anyone experience freezing and auto-closing the game after 30 minutes to an hour of playing?

No error code just.. closing down. I can't play any activity longer than 30 minutes. :(

Sepultura

Haven't had any stuttering issues so far (i5 6600k, 8GB, GTX 1060 6GB). Its buttery smooth 60fps on Highest setting at 1080p. What does the "extended period" amount to? More than 3 hours?

1. The frame stutter that I was experiencing was eliminated by switching to full screen mode

2. 5.1 is so good in this game
Agreed. On the downside, audio quality below average on my Hyper X Cloud II compared to other games.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
All the performance issues are why I didn’t want to risk playing on PC. I am confident the game will be patched, but I am about to finish the cmpaign on console already. I wouldn’t have wanted to experience the game while dealing with all this bullshit.

kingbean

I think my i5 4670k might be letting me down. I keep getting drops from ~120 to 60-70 when I look at certain areas. I assume its draw calls to the cpu bogging down my gtx1080.

Haven't had any stuttering issues so far (i5 6600k, 8GB, GTX 1060 6GB). Its buttery smooth 60fps on Highest setting at 1080p. What does the "extended period" amount to? More than 3 hours?
In my experience it's whenever you're exploring planets and come across a public event. If you just do story missions or PvP you might not get the stuttering.

EL CUCO

1. The frame stutter that I was experiencing was eliminated by switching to full screen mode

2. 5.1 is so good in this game
Thanks, I'll try it in fullscreen today. Hopefully it helps. It's been really random for me. Sometimes I get after 2 or 3 hours of play. Yesterday I had an instance where I got it almost immediately after logging in just after loading into a strike. Alt tabbing would fix it monetarily, but then frames would tank again.

Hoping fullscreen does the trick because if they havent fix this by Wed for the Raid, this is going to be real annoying.

Recorded this off screen at 60fps just in case OBS couldn't accurately capture what was going on. It was after about 2 hours on the US server.... Lord have mercy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7TbmPyP3v0

Was getting buttery smooth 100+ fps until this. It was a gradual degrading too.

980ti, 6700k, 32g ram, etc

What a mess. :(

I have the same general specs as you and have had the same issue with anything above 1920x1080.

It's unfortunate, but at least the game runs smoothly at 1080 for me.

All the performance issues are why I didn't want to risk playing on PC. I am confident the game will be patched, but I am about to finish the cmpaign on console already. I wouldn't have wanted to experience the game while dealing with all this bullshit.

The issues are far from "bullshit".

In my experience it's whenever you're exploring planets and come across a public event. If you just do story missions or PvP you might not get the stuttering.

I find this myself. Smooth as butter in missions but general patrol sees the frame rate dip which is very annoying when you know the overhead on my machine is massive!

Sorry, 4690k. Might be time to look for an i7 then.
You can just get a new hexacore i5 (as soon as they're available). The i5 8600k is a little bit faster than an i7 7700k.

I have pretty good and stable performance so far. I haven't had any framerate issues after long sessions (longest Was 3 hours), it's always rock solid 60fps. Playing on EU Servers.

The only issue I have noticed is bad frametimes in some situations. VSynced 60fps don't feel smooth in certain areas of the game despite running at 80-120 without vsync, so there is enough headroom to spare. It gets better (it's almost perfect) when I tone down settings especially 3D AO down to HDAO and DoF down to highest, though.

Specs
i5 4690k@4.5GHz
GTX1080
16GB 2133MHz Ram

kingbean

You can just get a new hexacore i5 (as soon as they're available). The i5 8600k is a little bit faster than an i7 7700k.

I have pretty good and stable performance so far. I haven't had any framerate issues after long sessions (longest Was 3 hours), it's always rock solid 60fps. Playing on EU Servers.

The only issue I have noticed is bad frametimes in some situations. VSynced 60fps don't feel smooth in certain areas of the game despite running at 80-120 without vsync, so there is enough headroom to spare. It gets better (it's almost perfect) when I tone down settings especially 3D AO down to HDAO and DoF down to highest, though.

Specs
i5 4690k@4.5GHz
GTX1080
16GB 2133MHz Ram

1080p?

I get drops into the high 50s with basically the same specs as you @1440p.

I've got it locked at 72fps most of the time on my 144hz monitor but fire fights facing big areas really cause some jitter.

1080p?

I get drops into the high 50s with basically the same specs as you @1440p.

I've got it locked at 72fps most of the time on my 144hz monitor but fire fights facing big areas really cause some jitter.
No, 1440p as well and I had my first dips into the mid 50s today during a World Event in the EDZ. It was 6 or so people and it was with 2 activated supers. I was surrounded by particle effects.

But besides that it seems to be really stable in my case.

970GTX with i5-4690K @ 4,5ghz here

Runs around 70-110 (cap at 110) here, except on Titan. Especially during the heroic event with the two walkers I can drop to 50. If I turn off v-sync the game holds at 58 for some reason on a gsync monitor. Can't explain why. So I have to turn off vsync when I go to titan, but that introduces micro stutter.

We'll see what tomorrows patch will bring.

Enzo_Ferrari

Neo Member
970GTX with i5-4690K @ 4,5ghz here

Runs around 70-110 (cap at 110) here, except on Titan. Especially during the heroic event with the two walkers I can drop to 50. If I turn off v-sync the game holds at 58 for some reason on a gsync monitor. Can't explain why. So I have to turn off vsync when I go to titan, but that introduces micro stutter.

We'll see what tomorrows patch will bring.

I've got a 4690k and 1070 and have the same issue on Titan. The patch today didn't help. Even changing all my settings to low doesn't improve performance that much.

LuckyX2

Neo Member
Having some issues:

-Loads times are LONG when I'm in a fireteam. Only seems to be in heavy network usage areas. I have 150Mbps service so that shouldn't be an issue. Loads fine when I'm playing by myself.
-Framerate drops to ~20 when I start a Crucible match. Right back to 60 after I wait ~25 seconds.
-Can't get HDR to work
-Can't get Crossfire to work

Threadripper 1950x, 2x Vega 64s, 32GB 3466Mhz DDR4, 500GB 950 Evo NVMe SSD, LG OLED (55EF9500), Win10 FCU, latest drivers.

CyberRolf

Neo Member
Hello,
running 2 GTX 1080´s on highest settings & 1080p.
However in EDZ,Titan and Tower i have noticeable drops below 60fps without my cards being used 100%.
On 1080p, GPU usage is "sleeping" around 45% on both cards. Scaling the graphics up to 170% in Options does cause around 80% usage of the cards but it does not change anything about the performance.
In fact no matter what options i change the performance stays the same. There are random spots that will just eat my FPS and i cant do anything about it.

The game runs better on my 1070 gaming laptop wich is really weird.

Anyone running SLI with the same Problem?

Hardware:
Asus ROG Crosshair VI HERO
AMD RYZEN 7 1800X
32GB (4x 8192MB) G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2400 MHZ
2x Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Strix Advanced 8GB SLI | ASUS ROG HB BRIDGE
Temperatures are chilly
Newest NVidia Drivers 388.00
WIN 10

Aztorian

Hello,
running 2 GTX 1080´s on highest settings & 1080p.
However in EDZ,Titan and Tower i have noticeable drops below 60fps without my cards being used 100%.
On 1080p, GPU usage is "sleeping" around 45% on both cards. Scaling the graphics up to 170% in Options does cause around 80% usage of the cards but it does not change anything about the performance.
In fact no matter what options i change the performance stays the same. There are random spots that will just eat my FPS and i cant do anything about it.

The game runs better on my 1070 gaming laptop wich is really weird.

Anyone running SLI with the same Problem?

Hardware:
Asus ROG Crosshair VI HERO
AMD RYZEN 7 1800X
32GB (4x 8192MB) G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2400 MHZ
2x Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Strix Advanced 8GB SLI | ASUS ROG HB BRIDGE
Temperatures are chilly
Newest NVidia Drivers 388.00
WIN 10

Most Probably your Ryzen causing issues, not sure though.

Reposting here.

Having a weird issue that is only occurring in Destiny.

Running a 1080ti and can 60fps, nice and smooth, with v sync on, but I do dip into the 50's sometimes with everything maxed at 1440p. If I turn vsync off the framerate jumps to 100ish but the game feels noticeably laggy to the point that I thought I was being capped at 30fps.

1080ti, overclocked 4670k, 8gb ram.

Edit:

Just tried playing the game at 1440p, lowest quality setting, and reduced render scale to 50%. Highest FPS I saw on patrol on Titan was 120fps but I was averaging around 70fps. Something seems weird when vsync is off

furfoots

Ryzen seems quite bad for D2. My friends game didn't run all that smooth either and she has a ryzen 1700x, my 3570k @ 4.5ghz mine was a lot smoother.

Over time every build will show stutter even with 60 fps showing.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe they haven't fixed the hitching caused by the hotfix, it's making the game almost unplayable.

CyberRolf

Neo Member
Most Probably your Ryzen causing issues, not sure though.

You were right. After searching the internet i´ve found D2 in its actual state only uses 8 cores. So i overclocked my CPU and got a big FPS boost. How lame, a few months ago they actually announced multi-core support. Hopefully they will optimize it for Ryzen CPUs soon.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Top Bottom