• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 PC performance thread

Runs really well for me. With everything set to max I usually get between 70-75 fps with drops into the 60s on my 1070 / 6700K (1080p).

Halabane

Is it normal to be super CPU-limited in the Inverted Spire Strike?

I'm getting 98 - 100% usage across all 4 cores and FPS dips into the 30s and 40s vs the 60s-80s I get in the story mission.

6600K overclocked to 4.2 GHz + GTX 1070, running 1440p. Performance in the strike stays the same, 30's-40's FPS regardless of all low settings. Kinda surprised it's still CPU limited on an overclocked i5

Ryzen seems to be sensitive to not just OC the CPU but also the memory. wonder if you are getting throttled there on the intel CPU like it can? is the 1070 at max util or just the cpu?

Mupod

Played some PVP, the strike, and the story mission with all 3 classes. 6700k + 2x GTX 970.

The only weird SLI issue I have is at the end of crucible matches there's some flickering on the scoreboard. I get 80+ FPS at all times at 1440p with everything maxed, SMAA.

Played some PVP, the strike, and the story mission with all 3 classes. 6700k + 2x GTX 970.

The only weird SLI issue I have is at the end of crucible matches there's some flickering on the scoreboard.
I had that issue too but I also had issues with microstuttering and fps drops with SLI.

Turning off SLI fixed everything for me and it runs buttery smooth now.

a harpy

For some reason, no matter what I set my anti-aliasing to, it looks off.

Is there a bug or something? Any way to remedy it?

0racle

6700k , 1080OC and 16gb DDR4 3200

I am playing on a 2560x1080 monitor, everything set at absolute max.

I have locked Vsync at 60 and runs flawless with SMAA, why when I set it to MSAA its running at 60, then drops to 33, then back to 60 constantly? shouldnt this rig have enough power for it?

and what is the "wind impact" option?

I have locked Vsync at 60 and runs flawless with SMAA, why when I set it to MSAA its running at 60, then drops to 33, then back to 60 constantly? shouldnt this rig have enough power for it?
"MSAA in the Destiny 2 PC Beta is still a work in progress. Compatibility with this feature will continue to be optimized leading up to the full Destiny 2 launch on PC on October 24."

You may have an older version of RTSS. You need the latest one after some of the more recent Windows 10 changes since Creators.

I'm using the latest one with MSI afterburner and still crashes.

This is how it's setup for me.

J8sXSSa.png

coughlanio

Probably going to look into getting an 8700K and GTX 1080 Ti for this game (just sold my rig with a 6800K and GTX 1080). Is anyone running it at 4K with a 1080 Ti?

After Warframe I am not having fun at all struggling with wasd instead of the fantastic implementation of C+M that Warframe has. Warframe also seems a WHOLE lot smoother to me than this does.

Maybe it's just because I am struggling with the controls...

Also, does anyone know what the most demanding settings are?

I can't for the life of me get my OSD to show and I think something is making the game stutter or lag. Does Blizzard have a built in OSD somewhere on a hotkey I don't know about like steam does?

I have everything cranked to the max on my 6600k + 1080. I am only running at 3440x1440. Is that too much for my setup to get a smooth 60fps? Every other game runs beautifully for me.

Also, the game just keeps crashing on me.

Feeling optimistic I'll be able to achieve 1080p/60fps at higher settings given the few pages of reports I've read.

Running a gaming laptop with i7-6700HQ and GTX 1060 6GB and 16GB RAM.

Downloading my beta client now, so I'll be finding out soon!

Magwik

Banned
Feeling optimistic I'll be able to achieve 1080p/60fps at higher settings given the few pages of reports I've read.

Running a gaming laptop with i7-6700HQ and GTX 1060 6GB and 16GB RAM.

Downloading my beta client now, so I'll be finding out soon!
You really should be able to do an easy 1080p/60fps with mostly high settings. Just be sure to turn off MSAA.

Those settings are way too aggressive. Read the tooltips, some of them explicitly state to not enable them unless you're having issues.

Disable Custom Direct3D support and lower Application Detection Level to Low.

I5 4670k @ 4 GHz, 8gb ddr3 1600 and gtx 1060 6gb here.

Playing at 1080p all maxed except for AA on SMAA, getting fps in the 80s-90s.

Playing on my TV with HDR on which appears to be working and it looks glorious.

Super impressed with this PC version.

Only issue I have is a few black screen flickers every time I alt tab, but that could be due to using HDR, it is glitchy in Windows especially.

Wallach

J8sXSSa.png

Actually I even have a slightly older version than that, haha.

Have you tried setting the application detection level down to low? That's what mine is set at and I recorded that video I posted earlier with RTSS enabled and the FPS counter displayed, so it may just be hooking too obtrusively at that level.

EchoSmoker

Neo Member
This seems to work for some:

Thank you for the suggestion, didn't work for me unfortunately. However I figured out the problem or at least a workaround and part of the problem was probably me haha

I was mixing up the Borderless Windowed and Fullscreen Windowed options. I'm used to seeing "Borderless Fullscreen" so I assumed Borderless Windowed meant the usual. Nope, it seems to display the game in a smaller window without the border. Fullscreen Windowed does what I expected "Borderless Fullscreen" to do -- fill the screen with the window. Switching to Fullscreen Windowed forced 1080p for me regardless what resolution was selected. If unchecking the high contrast option in the .exe doesn't work I recommend trying this mode.

As for performance, after switching from MSAA to SMAA I got solid 60 on everything maxed. Feels amazing!

Running on:
980Ti 6GB
i7 6700K @ 4GHz

Played through the whole strike and actually for large parts of it I was hitting my expected 60+ FPS but in some of the larger open areas my CPU usage would max out and my FPS would go into 30's-40's. Hoping it's just some extra optimization that'll get done between now and launch.

My performance in Crucible is also weirdly low, plus I get lots of audio stutter and popping. Any one else noticing this?

Yeah, I got RTSS working. I didn't realize that it the osd support option had been turned off in the app due to an update.

Figured out that MSAA is definitely borked. I was getting 30fps and below with it on. Turning it to FXAA instead shot me right back up to 60. Only saw it dip when outside at the very beginning with all the fire. Though I really don't think it should be dipping at all.

I'd love to get further than the intro but the game keeps flipping crashing on me.

jtar86

Does anyone have any clue as to why full screen would make my framerate be stuck below 20 but I can get over 60 easily in borderless windowed?

JMizzlin

I'm going to have a goddamn aneurysm over this double mouse cursor BS.
e: ignore, I found a b.net help thread. This issue is affecting a lot of laptop users.

Dec

Ya idk I've updated afterburner and rtss to the latest.

Afterburner 4.4.0 beta 12
RTSS 7.0.0 beta 26

It works in all games except Destiny 2.

RE4PRR

1080TI SLI 5820K, 3440x1440 21:9

Max settings its 80-100 fps, so smooth I'm gonna hate playing ps4 D2 until this comes out.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah, I got RTSS working. I didn't realize that it the osd support option had been turned off in the app due to an update.

Yeah, I just ran a quick test and RTSS worked fine for me without any fiddling, even with application detection set to High. Those who are having trouble may want to ensure the OSD is actually enabled and that they have enable/disable hotkeys set.

garath

Anyone else having issues with borderless window? I switch to 1920x1080 borderless window and it is off center on my main monitor with a slice on my right monitor.

I have a 970 and dual monitor setup. Never had an issue with other borderless windows before. Alt-enter just kicks it back to full screen.

Maybe I need to update to latest drivers?

Dec

I am not doing anything wrong, rtss simply does not work.

Shadowplay overlay also does not work unless the game is in windowed mode and that's "officially" supported.

kuYuri

This is also my problem. I'm running a 4790k, huge dips & changing settings does nothing. There is something wrong with this game, everything else runs amazingly on my 1080ti.

I have same specs as you (i7-4790k and 1080 Ti) and game ran fine for me at 3440x1440 at max settings. Usually 70+ fps, around 95+fps on high settings.

getting between 70-90 fps at 1440p with default settings (everything defaulted to high/highest but haven't dug into AA etc). 1080/16GB/6600K.

Have you tried running the game at 1440p?

I'm thinking of downsampling with DSR to 1080p.

I have i5 7600 and gtx 1060 with 16gb of ram.

I tried 1440 but it dropped my framerate pretty hard. I might try it again and back my settings down to high or medium and see how that looks.

Even 1080p on my 4k tv looks pretty damn slick though, I can't complain at all.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I am not doing anything wrong, rtss simply does not work.

Shadowplay overlay also does not work unless the game is in windowed mode and that's "officially" supported.

Something must be getting in the way. Your comment about Shadowplay had me thinking that maybe RTSS will also only work in a window mode, but the OSD displays for me when using exclusive fullscreen, too.

Is it that much of a resource hog for little gain?

It can be demanding and doesn't actually work.

Top Bottom