• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Reveal Info Summary Thread: Trailers, Videos, Details, Screens, More

Theorry

Nightstalker in PVE is great. Never used anything else since they introduced it. The Super is crazy for crowd control and a orb machine and a great class to stay alive and pull of clutch moments.

Trace

Banned
Until Nightstalker Hunter always felt like a useless PvE class that did not bring anything to team and did not have any utility for their own self. Except for the invisibility whenever someone wanted to cheese some stuff. On the other hand Hunters were God damn amazing in PvP, until the bladedancer nerf but even after that their class was still excellent for PvP for a skilled player. Also post TTK they also started to get PvE utility outside of Nightstalker with the Nighthawks.

I have considerably more playtime as a Hunter so I really love everything about the class but Bubble bro was always amazing. Sunstinker can go fuck itself along with other locks though.

Agree with everything you said here. Hunters had no PvE utility, but now have the best PvE subclass in the game. Hunters were the best at PvP, now are just average at best.

Fuck locks tho they're useless at everything. A raid with 3 titans and 3 hunters ATM would be the best.

DrBo42

Nightstalker in PVE is great. Never used anything else since they introduced it. The Super is crazy for crowd control and a orb machine and a great class to stay alive and pull of clutch moments.

Seriously. No idea what people are talking about when they say they're not good in PvE.

Agree with everything you said here. Hunters had no PvE utility, but now have the best PvE subclass in the game. Hunters were the best at PvP, now are just average at best.

Fuck locks tho they're useless at everything. A raid with 3 titans and 3 hunters ATM would be the best.
Storm is a good class for crowd control tho

ZeoVGM

Banned
Has anyone heard whether or not the sprint cool down is still in Destiny 2?

Because it's awful and shouldn't be.

Trace

Banned
Well yah, but I was speaking if you were warlock main.
Tether + storm is a good combo.

At least Bungie seems to be giving Warlocks a bit of PvE utility with the zone buff, so you'll need to bring at least one for an optimal raid. Wondering how they're going to handle Titans now that Defender is gone.

Until Nightstalker Hunter always felt like a useless PvE class that did not bring anything to team and did not have any utility for their own self. Except for the invisibility whenever someone wanted to cheese some stuff. On the other hand Hunters were God damn amazing in PvP, until the bladedancer nerf but even after that their class was still excellent for PvP for a skilled player. Also post TTK they also started to get PvE utility outside of Nightstalker with the Nighthawks.

I have considerably more playtime as a Hunter so I really love everything about the class but Bubble bro was always amazing. Sunstinker can go fuck itself along with other locks though.

As someone who only played Hunter this is sadly true. I mainly saved Arc Blade to go invisible in case teammates needed reviving. Attack once to reappear and change the movements of enemies, then disappear again.

GhaleonEB

As someone who only played Hunter this is sadly true. I mainly saved Arc Blade to go invisible in case teammates needed reviving. Attack once to reappear and change the movements of enemies, then disappear again.

I love using a high invisibility Bladedancer, with all triggers on. Invisibility on crouch, and on blink strike. Don't Touch Me gauntlets for invis when hit by a melee attack. Invisibility at will during super use.

I saved so many Nightfall and Elders arena runs with that build, it was amazing. Two guardians down and I'm like, no problem. *poof*

The particle effects in this game are kind of insane. From explosions to auras to enemy bullet/explosion impacts, it's definitely a spectacle on that front.

nOoblet16

Yep, not to mention the damage buff from tether is just too good to not take advantage of in every DPS phase.

ethomaz

Banned
In my view...

PVE:
Warlock: Sunsinger or Stormcaller (for clean sometimes)
Titan: Defender
Hunter: All useless... maybe only Nightstalker for genrerate orbs

PVP:
Warlock: Voidwalker, Subsinger or Stormcaller (depend of gears and abilities)
Titan: Striker or Sunbreaker
Hunter: Bladedancer, Gunslinger or Nightstalker (all are good for PVP)

In my view...

PVE:
Hunter: All useless... only Nightstalker for genrerate orbs, crowd control, and damage buff to bosses.

PVP:

Fix that for you.

nOoblet16

I love using a high invisibility Bladedancer, with all triggers on. Invisibility on crouch, and on blink strike. Don't Touch Me gauntlets for invis when hit by a melee attack. Invisibility at will during super use.

I saved so many Nightfall and Elders arena runs with that build, it was amazing. Two guardians down and I'm like, no problem. *poof*
That was like the only use of the entire Hunter class though i.e. getting revives...lol.

nOoblet16

In my view...

PVE:
Hunter: All useless... maybe only Nightstalker for genrerate orbs

PVP:
Nightstalker doesn't just created orbs it creates a shit ton of orbs while providing the best damage buff in game and multi target suppression.

ethomaz

Banned
Fix that for you.
I can see that but the damage buff is inferior to Titans Defender with bubble + fist.

The most useful ability of Hunter is create orbs.

Nightstalker doesn't just created orbs it creates a shit ton of orbs while providing the best damage buff in game and multi target suppression.
Titan has the best damage buff in the game... last more time and combine with others damage buff.

PS. I find Titan the worst class to play... I like to play with Hunter but in PVE they are really less useful than others.

Bold One

destiny-2_2017_05-18-duli7.jpg

Some people still holding firm that this looks no different to Destiny 1 or that D1 actually looks better

Shame, it will have to do I spose.

I am reading a lot of Warlock hate from Hunters lately, your jealousy over our Archangel- Old Testament abilities is just sad. Just accept your remixed blade dancer sub-sub-class and be happy
ronaldld1cot7.png

Trace

Banned
I can see that but the damage buff is inferior to Titans Defender with bubble + fist.

Titan has the best damage buff in the game... last more time and combine with others damage buff.

PS. I find Titan the worst class to play... I like to play with Hunter but in PVE they are really less useful than others.

I'm amazed you can say that when I can say with complete certainty if you asked all the players what the best PvE class was, 90%+ would say Nightstalker.

nOoblet16

Umm no, melting point is the only buff that doesn't stack with tether everything else does, the same as WoL.

WoL damage buff is like a third of shadowshot...the length is irrelevant for bosses because how DPS phases work. And you are forgetting that a 2nd Hunter can fire a 2nd tether leading to a 35% base damage boost throughout the DPS phase..that is a LOT. What does having a 2nd WoL bubble do? Nothing. Outside of bosses two hunters can constantly feed each other super that leads to constant suppression and damage buff.

There is a reason why Aksis without bubble was possible but killing him without tether was very very difficult. Again we are talking a 35% base damage buff Vs like some 15%.

ethomaz

Banned
Umm no, melting point is the only buff that doesn't stack with tether everything else does, the same as WoL.

WoL damage buff is like a third of tether...the length is irrelevant for bosses because how DPS phases work. And you are forgetting that a 2nd Hunter can fire a 2nd tether. Outside of bosses two hunters can constantly feed each other super that leads to constant suppression and damage buff.

There is a reason why Aksis without bubble was possible but killing him without tether was very very difficult. Again we are talking a 35% base damage buff Vs like 15%.
Well I'm impartial and practical... I don't like any of the two class but Titan Defender is the best one for PVE.

Edit - Do you need Tether to kill Aksis??? Most time we did it we have one for orbs only... and even we killed it a lot of times without hunters... for what exactly you use Tether on Aksis? You don't need the damage buffs.

For the most part everyone that went to the event has been positive.

He apparently did not get an invite but he doesn't hold it against Bungie. Funny enough I expected him to be a bit more cynical about the sequel since some of Destiny's biggest fans agrees that the sequel doesn't switch things up but continues best practices.

Any clue when we get our next info drop for Destiny 2? E3?

He apparently did not get an invite but he doesn't hold it against Bungie. Funny enough I expected him to be a bit more cynical about the sequel since some of Destiny's biggest fans agrees that the sequel doesn't switch things up but continues best practices.

Any clue when we get our next info drop for Destiny 2? E3?
E3.

Eh honestly most people I know didn't want a huge change just adding thing to make the game better. And they did that.

nOoblet16

Well I'm impartial and practical... I don't like any of the two class but Titan Defender is the best one for PVE.
You are definitely not practical...and you are factually wrong as well. There is a reason why you will see Nightstalker in every node but you might sometimes not see a bubble titan.

Even now when everyone is overleveled as fuck you would always want a tether but you can do without WoL. However most teams will run both for maximum damage but I'm saying that loss of WoL is not as significant as loss of shadowshot.

Edit: If you don't need the buff from tether then you certainly don't need the buff from WoL...lol. Everything in the game can be done without the buffs, bubbles..you never "need" anything but it's about what's best and leads to best results.

There's no hope of splitscreen this time around, right? Bungie shooters without split screen still upset me.

This does look a bit less than a sequel to me, personally. If you showed me a screenshot of Halo 1, 2, 3 and Reach, I'd instantly be able to tell you which was which. No way I could tell Destiny 1 apart from 2.

Also, bit sad that large team and map Destiny is dead. I loved First Light with Pikes and Sparrows and Tanks when the game first launched.

Trace

Banned
90% will say Titan Defender imo.
Not if they're actually thinking about it. Tether is both one of the best add clearing supers and one of the best for boss DPS, bubble doesn't come close to that. Playing solo? Tether allows you to kill big groups of adds, do big damage to ultras, invis will save your life and Keen Scout is the best PvE perk in the game. Strikes? Orbs for days, I would much rather be able to use my super 3x as often playing with a Nightstalker compared to a defender.

Boss DPS? Outside of specific fights that require a bubble to tank hits, tether both increases damage by more than bubble does, it also doesn't require your while group to be in the same area.

Really it's not even a contest.

ethomaz

Banned
You are definitely not practical...and you are factually wrong as well. There is a reason why you will see Nightstalker in every node but you might sometimes not see a bubble titan.

Even now when everyone is overleveled as fuck you would always want a tether but you can do without WoL. However most teams will run both for maximum damage but I'm saying that loss of WoL is not as significant as loss of shadowshot.

Edit: If you don't need the buff from tether then you certainly don't need the buff from WoL...lol. Everything in the game can be done without the buffs, bubbles..you never "need" anything but it's about what's best and leads to best results.
I stronge disagree.

Bubble is not only attack buff... it is an all around option to PVE... it is safe and useful... the game become easy due Titan Defender.

so wait, they have the original subclasses returning with barely any changes?
All subclass were changed and 6 are back... 3 are new.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
You know what I'm hoping they do different in Destiny 2? I want the story missions to be more cinematic.

I loved how you could replay a Halo campaign and it just felt like you were going through a long movie. Get comfortable, blast threw baddies and then the end of one level fades right into the next.

In Destiny, you had an obnoxious Ghost talking to you and then an obnoxious mission screen pops up and then you see your loot and then you're kicked to orbit and then you have to select your next mission. Everything was too "video gamey" and it made the lack of a story all the more apparent.

I doubt they're going to change their story format because the game is designed to have those bite sized missions and then send you back home to grab bounties and decrypt engrams, but I do hope they've reconsidered it for the sake of their story presentation. It really wont matter how good the story is if they show me a giant ass rewards screen after every mission.

did you not watch the conference? your question is answered there....

did you not watch the conference? your question is answered there....

did you not read my post?

Yea, Bungie said their missions will be more cinematic by having more cutscenes and what not, but that's only part of it. It's the feeling of playing through a continuous movie that makes a Campaign feel like a Campaign to me, and that more than the absence of a story contributed to the first game's disjointed feeling. I would hope that D2 doesn't throw players back to the overworld after each mission to select their missions and bombard them with reward screens left right.

anothertech

Really happy to see players arguing all three classes are separately the best at any given time lol.

Really says somthing about the balance Bungie achieved with the classes in Destiny. Really hoping for a new class at some point.

But in reality everyone knows Warlocks are the best.

Kyoufu

https://www.pcgamesn.com/destiny-2/destiny-2-class-guide

from what I read here, Gunslinger and Striker seem mostly the same with very slight changes

The changes made to subclasses are anything but "very slight" though. Removing Titan bubble and Warlock revive means we'll have a lot more variety in PVE/PVP rather than the cliche Defender for PVE and Striker/Sunbreaker for PVP. Now you can play whatever you want without gimping your fireteam.

This also allows them to balance encounters and future subclass additions without the fear of players just reverting back to Bubble/Revive cheese. It may look small on paper, but it means a lot in the long run.

Also, Drizzay would say Titan Bubbles were the essential, and there was never a situation where one more bubble wouldn't be welcomed, whereas you never really needed more than one Nightstalker. But I'd say Nightstalkers were the best all around PvE class for their utility. Tether was somewhat of a stun for a few seconds that multiplied damage and had a ridiculous amount of orb generation. Then the Nightstalker also could cloak teammates or choose to stun them with smoke. Defender had a suppressor nade which was good on some yellow bar enemies, but I rarely saw it being used once we overleveled.

Either way, they were both invaluable for PvE modes. Warlocks on the other hand were pretty much useless after Vault of Glass.

It looks like Bungie has rethought the way the 3 classes interplay with one another. Based on the footage, it looks like Hunters are DPS, Titans are Tanks and Warlocks are Support. Hoping that the battles make better use of their skills and don't just have everyone overlapping. Destiny wasn't really a game where leveling up another character was too much work, but after the new subclasses, I didn't really feel the need to play anything other than NIghtstalker in PvE.

Top Bottom