• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2: Seven minutes of Survival gameplay on Altar of Flame - IGN First

Schwabe

The only weapon class I genuinely feared for coming out of the beta was the grenade launcher, because assuming that you were able to get a rocket or a fusion rifle, I don't see why you use it. Maybe there are other grenade launchers that aren't as wimpy or allow you to bounce your shots, but the one in the beta was really unimpressive.

this guy had fun with the GL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjKzMxS9RcE

I hate these modes, just give me Clash

too team dependant, not fun for solo players

my guess is, that clash comes back. But as the Beta has shown, solo players have a problem now... 1v1s end in a trade often, 1v2s are likely to be lost... I'm also guessing that's the reason rumble is gone for the moment ... or I'm just wrong, totally possible.

Team is the D2 Theme.

Blueblur1

I just saw the map tour video which allowed me to see much more of the map than when I skimmed through the 7 minute match video. I take back what I said earlier.The map isn't too bad.

But holy shit I hate their 'competitive' and team oriented push. I hope they continue to receive massive amount of feedback on that so they can separate this new MP into some esports only playlist like they've done in the past with Halo. Cuz fuck that shit in Destiny MP; it's not fun.

Van Bur3n

Are there only going to be 5 PVP modes? I was looking through Destiny 2's store page and that's what was said.

That's pretty fucking lame if we're only getting 5 and even more so considering we've already seen most of it and all it is is control, search and destroy, and this lame TDM. All of which is just 4v4.

The Bungie of old that made Halo sure is dead.

gattsu

Are there only going to be 5 PVP modes? I was looking through Destiny 2's store page and that's what was said.

That's pretty fucking lame if we're only getting 5 and even more so considering we've already seen most of it and all it is is control, search and destroy, and this lame TDM. All of which is just 4v4.

The Bungie of old that made Halo sure is dead.

To be fair if you load up Destiny 1 today there's only 5-6 modes at any given time that rotate in and out. I guess it makes sense if you want to keep players together, but this week for example, there is no Control mode on the playlists. So it's not the cleanest system.

holy shit I hate their 'competitive' and team oriented push. I hope they continue to receive massive amount of feedback on that so they can separate this new MP into some esports only playlist like they've done in the past with Halo. Cuz fuck that shit in Destiny MP; it's not fun.

I think this is their excuse to put Elimination/Salvage type game modes in their own playlist, which I like. They had this in D1, it was just more explicitly labeled by gamemode. Just different wording in D2!

That’s what Rift was. And Rift was awesome so I’ll be happy to have that back. Control, Mayhem and Rift my fave crucible modes.

Totally! I really want old school CTF though, so both teams have a "rift" you need to steal and deliver to your base. I'd love Halo-style as well, where you can't use weapons if you're "holding" the flag/rift, etc.

Bizazedo

That’s what Rift was. And Rift was awesome so I’ll be happy to have that back. Control, Mayhem and Rift my fave crucible modes.

It sounds like modes are going to be lumped together, though, so if I want to play Control, I might get other game modes instead.

Which means I might just start bailing on teams if it's not the mode I want and become part of the problem (especially as there's no penalty).

I just saw the map tour video which allowed me to see much more of the map than when I skimmed through the 7 minute match video. I take back what I said earlier.The map isn't too bad.

But holy shit I hate their 'competitive' and team oriented push. I hope they continue to receive massive amount of feedback on that so they can separate this new MP into some esports only playlist like they've done in the past with Halo. Cuz fuck that shit in Destiny MP; it's not fun.

I feel the same. The maps are CoD maps and the game is boots on the ground, work with your team without the instakill of CoD or the sandbox of Halo. And furthermore, the aggressive playstyle is then purpose delegated to the Hunter class. Everything is more specialized.

After hearing Lars flat out state this much in the video, I'll play the game with an open mind on launch. Solo Crucible is probably dead, which is how I played most of the time in D1, but it should make for some sweaty games provided the SBMM keeps the teams even.

Top Bottom