• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 unveil event will have PC and PS4 versions, allow lots of YouTuber gameplay

FinKL

Variable fps confirmed.

I'm sure they'll have it, but honestly the only thing that article should say is "Destiny will have meaningful PC features" which could be anything...

Ultra Wide?
120fps+?
FoV Sliders?
Image Quality Settings?

We have no idea.

Bungie must be supremely confident in the game if they are willing to be so open about the demo. That has me more excited than anything.

I'm sure they'll have it, but honestly the only thing that article should say is "Destiny will have meaningful PC features" which could be anything...

Ultra Wide?
120fps+?
FoV Sliders?
Image Quality Settings?

We have no idea.

Ultra wide and FoV sliders would be awesome. I've played a bit of it on a friend's PS4 and the game felt almost... claustrophobic.
When can I preorder the PC version?

Can't you do it on Gamestop or something? Also they'll probably start pre-orders for PC on the 18th, after announcing their Activision Launcher.

Sarcasm

Ultra wide and FoV sliders would be awesome. I've played a bit of it on a friend's PS4 and the game felt almost... claustrophobic.

Can't you do it on Gamestop or something? Also they'll probably start pre-orders for PC on the 18th, after announcing their Activision Launcher.

I live in Taiwan =p

In your opinion, what's the fastest way to reach 400 ll?
I'm stuck on 393. Have been for awhile. Any tips are greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Fastest way would be to run all of the 390 raids on each character every week.

If you play solo, I would run Heroic Strikes. If, for example, your gauntlets are holding you back, open a Skeleton Key chest that has a chance of giving you gauntlets. You'll also get a guaranteed artifact. Also make sure to pop a 3 of Coins each strike, because Exotics can decrypt up to 400 Light, making them good Infusion fuel.

Also, play a crap load of Iron Banner next time it comes around. Not only is the post-game drop rate pretty decent, but you can also get weapons and gear by completing the relatively easy IB bounties. Use 3 of Coins every couple of matches to really maximize your returns.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
May 9th until May 12th! And for the first time ever, it's going to be Mayhem Clash... which I'm not too found of, honestly.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45885/7_This-Week-At-Bungie---05042017

awww yeah...
tumblr_lssgrinwPP1qfq4ig.gif

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
This is the difference between mainstream and the hardcore. So many people in this thread saying "Destiny got too easy." "leveling got too fast." The truth is only something like 20% of everyone that bought the game even played a raid. That's insane, so majority of players never even got to end game events. So I get it, some of you want the game to be more for you, but the truth is the majority wanted it to care more about their time and gave up. There is a balance there, I'm not saying just strip away anything that is hard, grinding or time consuming, I'm just saying the current state of destiny is fantastic for new players and hardcore.

What percentage would you consider to be good? Because I can tell you, if 20% of the people who have ever launched Destiny went on to play a raid, that's an extremely high and impressive number.

So I get it, some of you want the game to be more for you, but the truth is the majority wanted it to care more about their time and gave up.

You're basing this on nothing though.Truth is(actual truth) the majority of players don't finish games. Regardless of difficultly. Frankly, considering the amount of time, dedication, and coordination raids take, its startling how many people actually beat one. 22.4% is only half of Uncharted 4 and The Order 1886s (43%/48%) any difficulty completed trophy, and those games would take a fraction of the time. Something like the Witcher 3 30%, or Dues Ex 31%, in comparison to other longer games.

Yay mayhem clash is one of the best modes in the game. I'll play it just because I like the mode so much.

I think Mayhem Clash is good fun every now and then. I just don't know if it should be the Iron Banner game. But we'll see, maybe I'll eat those words next week.

The reason I couldn't get into Destiny despite participating in the beta was the guns.

I mean, they were in space and all they use were human AR and pistols. I expected more from Halo developers. Not sure how it actually is after expansions and updates but I lost interest. Also story seemed to be a drag.

Mildly excited for this announcement anyway.

What percentage would you consider to be good? Because I can tell you, if 20% of the people who have ever launched Destiny went on to play a raid, that's an extremely high and impressive number.

I checked the stats on the Xbox side. It's actually 46% out of the true achievements
community but 20.19% on Xbox as a whole.

Given its had free demo's and sold to tens of millions I reckon that's a very good percentage actually.

Sure I wish it was 80 or even 100 but realistically (as noted elsewhere) all games have pretty low completion percentages.

I guess the debate is what should the percentage be? What should Bungie aim for? I personally think 20% to 25% is fine. I think to get that significantly higher you'd have to change the raid so much that they wouldn't be raids any more.

The issue with vanilla, and most of Destiny, was that the story wasn't very good, so the 50 percent that only completed one mission or a few missions, never had a great time.

FLAguy954

Show me that delicious PC version.

This. I'm actually hyped for this.

I need a new 'go-to' game for my PC.

I agree. I believe the PC version is going to "disappoint" a lot of people because they will be expecting it to eclipse the PS4 Pro version.

Perhaps I'm being overly negative but given the incredibly strong marketing partnership between Activision and Sony over Destiny, I don't believe you'll see anything on PC that could potentially make PS4 owners say, "Damn, I should get this on PC instead."

I see what you're saying but the ability to go past 60 fps, mouse-aim, increased FOV, and improved image quality settings are positives of a PC version (having an increased FOV is a huge advantage on Gears 4 for example).

MrBenchmark

In your opinion, what's the fastest way to reach 400 ll?
I'm stuck on 393. Have been for awhile. Any tips are greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

if your a solo player faction packages yield top level gear now rank up patrols bounties strikes crucible whatever and then also what other have said there are so many ways now that were not there before.

ChazGW7

The reason I couldn't get into Destiny despite participating in the beta was the guns.

I mean, they were in space and all they use were human AR and pistols. I expected more from Halo developers. Not sure how it actually is after expansions and updates but I lost interest. Also story seemed to be a drag.

Mildly excited for this announcement anyway.

Uhhh, are you sure you played the game? I mean I haven't played since Year 1, but back then there were plenty weird/non-human weapons in the game, and i'm surprised you thought the story dragged as there was next to no story back then too.

Ultra Wide?
120fps+?
FoV Sliders?
Image Quality Settings?

We have no idea.

Secret PC feature is
mouse and keyboard support
, but
only available as DLC.

You're basing this on nothing though.Truth is(actual truth) the majority of players don't finish games. Regardless of difficultly. Frankly, considering the amount of time, dedication, and coordination raids take, its startling how many people actually beat one. 22.4% is only half of Uncharted 4 and The Order 1886s (43%/48%) any difficulty completed trophy, and those games would take a fraction of the time. Something like the Witcher 3 30%, or Dues Ex 31%, in comparison to other longer games.
this is quasi true alot of people don't beat games but last I checked the %was higher of completion on uncharted 4 then 20% something. I would clarify I would love harder raids or some difficult things but destiny 2 seems to be aiming to be a more inclusive game than 1 was at the start. The current state of destiny with what u can do do gain light is great. It's not perfect but Im sure (at least I hope) destiny 2 will start closer to how destiny 1 is now. Not be harder and more barriors like destiny year 1.

3 more days. Can't believe people aren't talking about Destiny 2 when all the info is coming out in 3 days :) Have people forgotten?

There just isn't anything to talk about. We had the teaser / first trailer thread and hundreds of thousand of posts in the biggest gaming community GAF has ever had.

Until something leaks / the stream happens there isn't much to discuss that we haven't already done to death

psyfi

Banned
I totally forgot about this until today. Quite hyped. I'm not a huge fan of Destiny 1, but I have high hopes for the sequel.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I've been consuming Destiny 2 speculation, lore, and speculation videos like mad for the past few weeks. I'm so excited to see how it turns out.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm honestly so surprised nothing major has leaked yet! Seems like they're going to be able to reveal it exactly how they want to. I'm getting hyped.

Bungie seems really excited and confident in this reveal. There's an energy around them talking about it that I haven't seen since the Taken King.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Ditto. Bungie must have serious ninjas everywhere to prevent leaks.

It's kind of shocking actually, considering how much has leaked from Destiny. I mean, The Taken King leaked really early thanks to the Red Bull promotion. Eververse leaked. Rise of Iron details leaked.

But the closest thing we've gotten to a Destiny 2 leak is this, which is interesting:

http://www.psu.com/news/32931/destiny-2-subclasses-hats

Top Bottom