• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 unveil event will have PC and PS4 versions, allow lots of YouTuber gameplay

KillLaCam

Banned
I might have to buy the game twice. PS4 pro for Crucible, PC for everything else. Im awesome at shooting with a controller but I don't think ill be even close to as good with M+KB.

KillLaCam

Banned
Destiny is a better playing shooter then all of three of these at 30FPS. Bungie is the master of making 30FPS shooting feel perfect, keep it 30 and use that horsepower for other parts of the game.

This is a fact. Literally the only thing that bothers me when I come back to Destiny is the FOV. I feel like I can't see anything. I hope Destiny 2 has a FOV slider

Magwik

Banned
Destiny is a better playing shooter then all of three of these at 30FPS. Bungie is the master of making 30FPS shooting feel perfect, keep it 30 and use that horsepower for other parts of the game.
Nah that's not even close to true. Destiny feels horribly sluggish coming from Rainbow 6. 30FPS is super noticeable and detrimental.

Trace

Banned
Nah that's not even close to true. Destiny feels horribly sluggish coming from Rainbow 6. 30FPS is super noticeable and detrimental.

It's kinda weird. Once you get used to it, Destiny is the best feeling console FPS. But going to it from any 60fps is extremely jarring at first. Worse if you're a PC gamer that runs games at 120+ fps.

The one wish I have is fire team being expanded from 3 to 4. All of my friends can't play at the same times and it's frustrating. Same for patrol.

Exact opposite for me. I never have more than two IRL friends on at once that want to play Destiny at the same time. You've got a good thing going with the three person fireteams Bungie, don't fuck it up.

I really think 3v3 is the perfect balance for this game/series. I've watched and played 4v4 competitive scrims and it's honestly just a cluster fuck. Way too many abilities and Supers going on. The maps of Destiny 1 also feel better designed for 3s than 4s imo.

I should add that I'm talking strictly about PvP here. For PvE it might be a different story.

ZeoVGM

Banned
The one wish I have is fire team being expanded from 3 to 4. All of my friends can't play at the same times and it's frustrating. Same for patrol.

I think Bungie's general idea was that a Fireteam could be "balanced" with one of each class but I think everyone knows that's kind of nonsense. So yeah, a 4-person Fireteam would be cool.

Personally, I think it would be cool if they even threw in a random 6-person Strike. Don't even announce it. Have one of the Strikes at the end of the main story randomly matchmake you with 5 other people and surprise the player.

I feel like with destiny I was a late bloomer, it wasn't until recently I understood what made end game appealing and now I've been playing it everyday. Hoping destiny 2 gives me a chance to have a fresh start in terms of understanding the minor parts. I have so many items that are either useless or have some mystery meaning to it.

ZeoVGM

Banned

I don't agree. It's certainly true.

I go back and forth between Overwatch and Destiny on a regular basis. Even when I'm doing the CoD multiplayer betas, it's no issue for me.

Destiny is the best playing shooter I've ever played on a console.

I really think 3v3 is the perfect balance for this game/series. I've watched and played 4v4 competitive scrims and it's honestly just a cluster fuck. Way too many abilities and Supers going on. The maps of Destiny 1 also feel better designed for 3s than 4s imo.

I should add that I'm talking strictly about PvP here. For PvE it might be a different story.

There are a number of 3v3 modes in Destiny.

But Control and Clash should absolutely not be 3v3. Control simply wouldn't even work.

I don't agree. It's certainly true.

I go back and forth between Overwatch and Destiny on a regular basis. Even when I'm doing the CoD multiplayer betas, it's no issue for me.

Destiny is the best playing shooter I've ever played on a console.

There are a number of 3v3 modes in Destiny.

But Control and Clash should absolutely not be 3v3. Control simply wouldn't even work.

Yeah, I didn't mean take out the 6v6 modes because I enjoy those a lot too. I just think that the game is really well suited for 3v3 and the more competitive PvP modes of Destiny 2 should stay at that player count.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Yeah, I didn't mean take out the 6v6 modes because I enjoy those a lot too. I just think that the game is really well suited for 3v3 and the more competitive PvP modes of Destiny 2 should stay at that player count.

Oh, I agree for the most part there.

Though I do think it would be cool if Bungie had a large scale PvP mode, that stood alongside the usual 3v3 and 6v6 modes, planned for Destiny 2.

phen0m24

I shit you not, I spent almost two months straight running three characters through VoG on both normal and hard before one hit 30. I'd really prefer that level of RNG not be what holds back my progression.
#forever29

I finally got 30 boots from Iron Banner after running VoG over and over and over

Can't wait until the 18th!!

Carn82

You know if the maps are legitimately big as has been said, i'd love to see something bigger than a Sparrow that could potentially carry multiple players.

or at least, multiple spawn points. Going from A to B already takes a while. Big maps sound cool but not if you have to backtrack all over te place. I can see a tower/outpost system working in that regards; you first have to discover/conquer certain places before being able to spawn there.

Midas

Vanilla Destiny had no respect for the player's time. A lot of us have jobs, families, social lives and responsibilities. I think the progression right now is good.

The progression goes too fast. I don't have any issues with that you can reach max level / light without being forced to raid, but it's how quick you can get there that bothers me.

They intentionally made it easier as they wanted struggling or late playing gamers to reach max level in the months left before Destiny 2. I think it was a pretty cool move on their part. I mean at this point you probably have everything you're gonna want from this game so what difference does it make?

I'm sure it'll probably be a mix of easy and grindy in Destiny 2 but I think it's safe to say we won't be returning to that dumb as fuck vanilla leveling system.

They can do many things, but I sure as hell hope that you can't reach max level without grinding a bit.

Being "too easy to progress" is absolutely always better than "it's so frustrating to progress that the idea of progressing has become a meme." Always.

The goal in Destiny should not be to hit max light. It never should have been and hopefully never will be again. The goal in Destiny is to reach max light so that you can then tackle end-game content and get cool loot.

Being able to reach max light throughout many ways in the game is better for the game and its community.

I have no issues with being able to reach max LL by playing PvP etc. The problem is as I wrote earlier; it goes too fast. I would like to be able to get cool loot, but there aren't any cool loot anymore. All weapons are dull, you'll get the best weapons from factions or vanguard instead of ”end game" content. Maybe it's moot to discuss this as of now, I mean, Destiny 1 is over and maybe it'll be a totally different thing come Destiny 2. It should be.

I shit you not, I spent almost two months straight running three characters through VoG on both normal and hard before one hit 30. I'd really prefer that level of RNG not be what holds back my progression.

That is what I miss actually, maybe I just like punishing myself? I just recall how everyone wanted to play, to reach that level. That just disappeared when they changed how you progressed in terms of light level. Rose-tinted glasses?

Midas

Personally, I think it would be cool if they even threw in a random 6-person Strike. Don't even announce it. Have one of the Strikes at the end of the main story randomly matchmake you with 5 other people and surprise the player.

This is a great idea. There should also be more interesting patrol events which many people can interact with. The best feeling of a big community and an alive world were back when people farmed those keys. If Bungie could manage to come up with something that would draw as much attention from players on a regular basis, patrol would be something that you would actually login to play, rather than just strike playlists etc.

They can do many things, but I sure as hell hope that you can't reach max level without grinding a bit.

Well yeah I agree I don't think they should just give the levels away. I'm just saying I doubt (hope not really) we're going to use the stupid Y1 leveling system. I'm sure they've learned a bit from D1.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Calling it now. This game will be a hacking shitshow on PC.

I'll be sticking with PS4 pro or Scorpio.
Super hyped for some gameplay footage.

The progression goes too fast. I don't have any issues with that you can reach max level / light without being forced to raid, but it's how quick you can get there that bothers me.

I have no problem with progression to max Light being kind of fast, because the real grind starts AFTER you reach level 400. Once you're max level, it's all about getting perfect rolls (including Tier 12) on your gear, collecting all the weapons, emblems, shaders, ect and completing record books and kiosks.

Also keep in mind that progression may be fast to us hardcore players that play for hours every single day, but some people are still trying to get to level 400 and it can be incredibly discouraging for them to see the level cap rise even higher.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Guys, I keep a spreadsheet of loot that I've held because of the lack of vault space and the lack of a "legendary item" kiosk.

I have a problem.

E92 M3

Guys, I keep a spreadsheet of loot that I've held because of the lack of vault space and the lack of a "legendary item" kiosk.

I have a problem.

The lack of vault space has seriously hampered my ability to enjoy the game. Hopefully in D2 that won't be an issue.

Midas

Well yeah I agree I don't think they should just give the levels away. I'm just saying I doubt (hope not really) we're going to use the stupid Y1 leveling system. I'm sure they've learned a bit from D1.

I wouldn't mind, haha. But I'm quite sure as well that they won't go in that direction.

I have no problem with progression to max Light being kind of fast, because the real grind starts AFTER you reach level 400. Once you're max level, it's all about getting perfect rolls (including Tier 12) on your gear, collecting all the weapons, emblems, shaders, ect and completing record books and kiosks.

Also keep in mind that progression may be fast to us hardcore players that play for hours every single day, but some people are still trying to get to level 400 and it can be incredibly discouraging for them to see the level cap rise even higher.

But I don't get the perfect roll stuff. How will that help me if I'm fond of PvE? Every single weapon works well in PvE, well, almost at least. I just miss Destiny 1 vanilla when everything was a surprise, Bungie didn't let everyone know about all exotics etc. I hope they don't show anything ahead of times like they've done a few times now.

Guys, it's just two weeks left. TWO WEEKS!

Lolno

BO3 is getting DLC because Treyarch have the resources to do so and it is still played just as much as IW. Bungie however doesn't have the resources to add ant meaningful content to D1 anymore. By launch the live team will be cut from two dudes to one dude.

There are 2 additional studios working on destiny but I prefer if they make new content for Destiny 2.

Lee

Two additional studios working on what again?

Destiny 2. Vicarious Visions and High Moon Studios. There is another one as well I believe. These outside studios did do some work on Destiny 1 with Rise of Iron and the recent Age of Triumph, but only some armor assets or something small like that if I recall.

This is the difference between mainstream and the hardcore. So many people in this thread saying "Destiny got too easy." "leveling got too fast." The truth is only something like 20% of everyone that bought the game even played a raid. That's insane, so majority of players never even got to end game events. So I get it, some of you want the game to be more for you, but the truth is the majority wanted it to care more about their time and gave up. There is a balance there, I'm not saying just strip away anything that is hard, grinding or time consuming, I'm just saying the current state of destiny is fantastic for new players and hardcore.

Destiny 2. Vicarious Visions and High Moon Studios. There is another one as well I believe. These outside studios did do some work on Destiny 1 with Rise of Iron and the recent Age of Triumph, but only some armor assets or something small like that if I recall.

Mind blown...

I will need to google more. Thanks for the info.

Don't know if I can go back to 30 fps, after 1.5 years of H5 60 fps goodness. Also dedicated servers or not is another biggie for me.

Gator86

Don't know if I can go back to 30 fps, after 1.5 years of H5 60 fps goodness. Also dedicated servers or not is another biggie for me.

I've been playing mostly 60fps stuff the last 6 months and popped into D1 for a few minutes to help a friend finish his book. It looked and felt like a chuggy mess. I didn't mind it, or even notice it that much when D1 came out, but now, ugh.

Lee

I've been playing mostly 60fps stuff the last 6 months and popped into D1 for a few minutes to help a friend finish his book. It looked and felt like a chuggy mess. I didn't mind it, or even notice it that much when D1 came out, but now, ugh.

It goes both ways. I play Destiny and Overwatch these days and switching from one to another is always disorienting for a game or two.

I don't expect 60 fps for Destiny 2, I'll buy it and enjoy it regardless, but it would be a pleasant surprise.

Lothars

It goes both ways. I play Destiny and Overwatch these days and switching from one to another is always disorienting for a game or two.

I don't expect 60 fps for Destiny 2, I'll buy it and enjoy it regardless, but it would be a pleasant surprise.
Same, I find little issue from switching from any shooter to destiny. I would like to see 60 fps but I don't think it's essential.

H5 and goodness shouldn't be in the same sentence. The H5 servers are a mess right now.
H5 is a consistent bad mess. I do agree that goodness and H5 shouldn't be mentioned together.

E92 M3

Same, I find little issue from switching from any shooter to destiny. I would like to see 60 fps but I don't think it's essential.

H5 is a consistent bad mess. I do agree that goodness and H5 shouldn't be mentioned together.

Exactly, Destiny plays and feels beautiful.

Dynasty8

Even at 30 fps, Destiny feels amazing. Can't say that about every shooter, however.

Also, anyone know how long the keynote is going to be? May 18th can't come any sooner!

E92 M3

Even at 30 fps, Destiny feels amazing. Can't say that about every shooter, however.

Also, anyone know how long the keynote is going to be? May 18th can't come any sooner!

Seems to be an all day event (or at least a couple hours). Streamers will get to play and record their gameplay.

You're right, how does every single other MMO on PC manages to not have much problems with cheating and hacking? Bungie needs to steal their magic.

Gator86

It never bothered me in the past but the more time I spend with 60fps games, the more noticeable and jarring I find it. I used to not care at all after growing up playing games on a severely underpowered PC at like 15-20fps. Long time ago though.

Definitely expecting 30fps for D2. I can't imagine a scenario where it's 60fps, even though that would be great.

E92 M3

Calling it now, you don't know what you're talking about it when it comes to PC anti-cheat protection.

But I don't get the perfect roll stuff. How will that help me if I'm fond of PvE?

I play way more PVE than I do PVP and Tier 12 still helps a lot. The faster you can get your Super, 'nades or melee the better, I say. It might not matter much in patrols or whatever, but it can make a huge difference in raids, Nightfalls, CoE, ect. Sure, it's not vital to enjoying your gameplay experience, but I want to get the most out of my characters. Having an optimized build means getting your abilities quicker, which in turn means more DPS and it could also be the difference between a win and a wipe.

In your opinion, what's the fastest way to reach 400 ll?
I'm stuck on 393. Have been for awhile. Any tips are greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Top Bottom