• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 unveil event will have PC and PS4 versions, allow lots of YouTuber gameplay

Midas

I'm scared that this will be too similar to Destiny 1 even though all the rumors say otherwise.

In what way? Destiny 1 is a great game. If it had more content it would've been an amazing game. I wish it would go back to the grindy forever 29, but that will not happen. I just hope it's not too similar to Rise of Iron in regards to how quick and easy you can progress. I realize that what I want the most is probably not even Destiny, but I'm sure that I will play at least as much Destiny 2 as I did Destiny 1.

I'm keeping an open mind for this, but split screen coop would seal it. PS4 is fucking starving for AAA games i can play with friends on the couch.

FeD.nL

What about shooters like Horizon, Mass Effect, and Prey?

And Division, Ghost Recon Wildlands, etc. Sure those aren't first person but they're games in a similar vein to Destiny.

True. But personally I expect them to target 60 for crucible at the very least. And that means you will either have to have smart loading screens that help smooth out the transition from 60 to 30 or have the entire game 60.

Edit: And from a marketing standpoint I just don't see them revealing PC and PS4 next to each other if they're not played on the same FPS.

Sulik2

But for shooters it's different. CoD, Battlefield 1 and Battlefront 2 later this year are all 60 on consoles.

Destiny is a better playing shooter then all of three of these at 30FPS. Bungie is the master of making 30FPS shooting feel perfect, keep it 30 and use that horsepower for other parts of the game.

Falchion

This is a really good way to do a reveal. The people want to see the gameplay from whoever they usually watch.

Seriously, for some reason, this being on PC is scratching an itch I've had for a while now. Maybe because it's MP and Sci-fi, don't know. But yeah, please, please Bungie and Activision, do the PC version justice.

Servbot24

Banned
Keynotes and YouTube streams for game reveals are kinda anti-hype to me. I like a juicy yet concise 3-4 minute gameplay reveal trailer to show why a game is great, I don't want to have to do hours of research to get myself interested. I'm not the core audience though.

Bold One

. I wish it would go back to the grindy forever 29, but that will not happen..

what?
2zdQXTo.gif

Anyway, regarding the 60fps - I think the best solution is to reduce the resolution for the crucible to achieve 60fps like how UC4 does it.

Midas

As I wrote earlier, I believe it's too easy to progress as it is now. Who knows how they'll handle it in Destiny 2. Maybe there'll be enough content to progress at a slow pace, without the need to restrict progress to low RNG drops.

Spades

As I wrote earlier, I believe it's too easy to progress as it is now. Who knows how they'll handle it in Destiny 2. Maybe there'll be enough content to progress at a slow pace, without the need to restrict progress to low RNG drops.

Totally agree with this - sadly Bungie catered far too much to casuals with the post Rise of Iron updates.

Carn82

Keynotes and YouTube streams for game reveals are kinda anti-hype to me. I like a juicy yet concise 3-4 minute gameplay reveal trailer to show why a game is great, I don't want to have to do hours of research to get myself interested. I'm not the core audience though.

Educated guess, but gaming press will probably publish Destiny 2 related stuff as well, I'm pretty sure you`ll get a trailer.

SgtCobra

As a day 1 alpha player I totally agree, it's a bit too easy right now. I'm not saying it should return to the grindfest that is vanilla but exotics should be way more difficult to obtain than they're now in my opinion. Although I can understand that people who don't have a lot of time to play may end up being frustrated.

Carn82

As a day 1 alpha player I totally agree, it's a bit too easy right now. I'm not saying it should return to the grindfest that is vanilla but exotics should be way more difficult to obtain than they're now in my opinion. Although I can understand that people who don't have a lot of time to play may end up being frustrated.

Every exotic should be 'obtainable' without relying on RNG. (or at least make sure to avoid duplicates if RNG is the deciding factor). Sure, Bungie wants you to keep playing that raid, but let people grind out vanity items instead of weapons / armor. I would love to see more story / quest / puzzle / skill / challenge related Exotics. Even better, create multiple paths. I can see why someone might not be happy to go into the Crucible or something; so uh, just collect 2000 spinmetal instead :p

I literally have no idea why there is even a conversation around whether this will be 60 vs 30.

It's going to be 30fps. There is almost no reason to belive otherwise. There is a tiny chance they make Crucible 60 but I doubt even that

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm sure if they dropped literally everything in the game outside of Crucible, or at most had a linear singleplayer only campaign in addition, they'd go for 60 FPS, yes.

Bold One

Vanilla Destiny had no respect for the player's time. A lot of us have jobs, families, social lives and responsibilities. I think the progression right now is good.

Hyun Sai

Recent 30 FPS ''AAA" shooters:
?
Recent 60 FPS "AAA" shooters:
Battlefield, COD, Battlefront, Titanfall 2

hmm.

You forgot Overwatch.

I don't think I'll play PVP on this one anyway, so I'll be fine with LOCKED 30FPS on console for the Story / Patrols / Strikes / Raids.

Symbiotx

Totally agree with this - sadly Bungie catered far too much to casuals with the post Rise of Iron updates.

lol that's because the percentage of people that do everything in the game is extremely low.

I remember seeing some stats a while back about how only 20% of players had completed a raid, 30% equipped an exotic, 17% maxed a subclass, etc.

They aren't "catering to the casuals", they're making the game enjoyable to 80% of the players. There's plenty in destiny that takes a lot of time and dedication. They also add things for hardcore players like the raid challenges.

Hoodbury

So hyped for this reveal! Only 17 more days.

Will much be shown to us in 17 days though? Sounds like we have to wait a few more days for the youtubers to cut and get their videos ready. The OP letter says probably around the 20th-21st.

Dave_6

Will much be shown to us in 17 days though? Sounds like we have to wait a few more days for the youtubers to cut and get their videos ready. The OP letter says probably around the 20th-21st.

Well it's going to be the gameplay premiere so we will finally see what the game actually looks like and possibly how different/bigger the play space will be. Bungie's Destiny streams so far have been one hour so I'm guessing half that or more will be gameplay footage.

They intentionally made it easier as they wanted struggling or late playing gamers to reach max level in the months left before Destiny 2. I think it was a pretty cool move on their part. I mean at this point you probably have everything you're gonna want from this game so what difference does it make?

I'm sure it'll probably be a mix of easy and grindy in Destiny 2 but I think it's safe to say we won't be returning to that dumb as fuck vanilla leveling system.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm sure this has been asked and answered, but what exactly is transferring over from D1 to D2? Thanks GaFFers :)
Your character's appearance is the only thing known so far and will likely be it. All the gear is destroyed and they're losing their abilities to regain them in 2.

Carn82

Educated guess, but gaming press will probably publish Destiny 2 related stuff as well, I'm pretty sure you`ll get a trailer.

to add on my previous post; it would be silly to not have the press expanding on your reveal/announcement.

You know if the maps are legitimately big as has been said, i'd love to see something bigger than a Sparrow that could potentially carry multiple players.

psyfi

Banned
I'm starting to get real real hyped for the reveal. please be good please be good please be good

You know if the maps are legitimately big as has been said, i'd love to see something bigger than a Sparrow that could potentially carry multiple players.
The lack of interesting vehicles in Destiny was SUCH A LET DOWN after a decade of Bungie introducing new and varied vehicles in Halo.

The lack of interesting vehicles in Destiny was SUCH A LET DOWN after a decade of Bungie introducing new and varied vehicles in Halo.
Man I was just thinking of something like
latest

but wow something like the Warthog would be amazing.
(Banshee as well but definitely won't happen)

sense

I don't think there will be disparity between the console and pc versions with regards to fps. It is either 30fps all across the board or 60. We shall see on the 18th if I predicted right or wrong!!

Wallach

I don't think there will be disparity between the console and pc versions with regards to fps. It is either 30fps all across the board or 60. We shall see on the 18th if I predicted right or wrong!!

pretty much zero chance of this

ZeoVGM

Banned

Being "too easy to progress" is absolutely always better than "it's so frustrating to progress that the idea of progressing has become a meme." Always.

The goal in Destiny should not be to hit max light. It never should have been and hopefully never will be again. The goal in Destiny is to reach max light so that you can then tackle end-game content and get cool loot.

Being able to reach max light throughout many ways in the game is better for the game and its community.

Being "too easy to progress" is absolutely always better than "it's so frustrating to progress that the idea of progressing has become a meme." Always.

The goal in Destiny should not be to hit max light. It never should have been and hopefully never will be again. The goal in Destiny is to reach max light so that you can then tackle end-game content and get cool loot.

Being able to reach max light throughout many ways in the game is better for the game and its community.

Agree 100%. The level grind is much better now.

In what way? Destiny 1 is a great game. If it had more content it would've been an amazing game. I wish it would go back to the grindy forever 29, but that will not happen. I just hope it's not too similar to Rise of Iron in regards to how quick and easy you can progress. I realize that what I want the most is probably not even Destiny, but I'm sure that I will play at least as much Destiny 2 as I did Destiny 1.

I shit you not, I spent almost two months straight running three characters through VoG on both normal and hard before one hit 30. I'd really prefer that level of RNG not be what holds back my progression.

Mengetsu

The one wish I have is fire team being expanded from 3 to 4. All of my friends can't play at the same times and it's frustrating. Same for patrol.

Top Bottom