• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Alpha Thread: Impressions from the wild [Code Begging=ban]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So close to being the strike on legendary...then crash. What a tough fight that is. All if the enemies with yellow bars, and they just keep coming.

I never did figure out how to customize colors. That will have to wait for the beta.

I wonder how they are going to handle DLC for this game.

Seems like the kind of game that can easily be ruined with traditional DLC. I hope they have a mix of paid and free DLC. Seems like new areas and strikes would work as DLC but they could also update and add missions into old areas as a way to keep players coming back.

Brannon

Also the Explore Mission vocals need to have the option of coming from the speakers as well because they are RADIO beacons, let's hear it like a radio.

kenta

Has no PEINS
couple of questions:

- How do you change your subclass? I don't remember choosing a specific subclass, and I didn't see a way to change it

- When you level up and go into your stats... what's the deal with upgrading? I only remember seeing one option at a time that was upgradable, so is it not possible to min/max? Is there a way to undo an upgrade and put it elsewhere?

- Many of you guys have fancy colors on your namebadge in the upper-right corner of the screen. How do you change that stuff? I went onto the web site but didn't see anything obvious

- On the universe map, why do they call the big white orb the Tower? I thought the big white orb thing was the alien presence that apparently just showed up one day. And once you land at the Tower, you can still see the orb in the distance... So doesn't that mean the Tower actually on Earth? How come we don't select Earth on the universe map to get to the Tower? Can't figure that out

OccamsLightsaber

Regularly boosts GAF member count to cry about 'right wing gaf' - Voter #3923781
I can't get good at Crucible no matter how hard I try. Lone wolfing doesn't work.

Flo_Evans

I think its kind of funny that certain people have played for one weekend and think they have the solution to perfectly balance the PvP mode.

I hope bungie don't let people design the PvP by committee.

Nerfing everything is a shitty way to "fix" a game. If a tank is OP then you should work as a team to take the fucking thing down, the tank is OP right now because most people run away from it and you can shoot them in the back.

Just found a big, greenish cave with enemies marked '??'

Shit, what is that place?

Edit: Holy shit this map is HUUUGE

If you drive your speeder through the hive and the cave it leads to the Devils lair where you do the strike mission. It also leads to the Divide part of the map as well as the Rocket yard.

If you drive your speeder through the hive and the cave it leads to the Devils lair where you do the strike mission. It also leads to the Divide part of the map.

I take a screenshot every time I find a new area and I'll upload them later so we can compare our progress :p. If Old Russia is just one of the many maps in Destiny, this game is going to be BIG! I'd like to know how the total explorable surface compares to the Halo games

If you drive your speeder through the hive and the cave it leads to the Devils lair where you do the strike mission. It also leads to the Divide part of the map.

I take a screenshot every time I find a new area and I'll upload them later so we can compare our progress :p. If Old Russia is just one of the many maps in Destiny, this game is going to be BIG! I'd like to know how the total explorable surface compares to the Halo games

Edit: I'm in an area with two rusty helicopters

CornDogg

Well, DestinyGAF, I *was* going to come home and see if the Alpha was still online, but I got to my apartment to find that I had been robbed. They stole my Xbox One and PS4.

Police have been called; a report has been filed.

:|

That sucks. I discovered over the weekend that my push mower was stolen from my backyard. Thieving bitches...

Wow... I actually made it to the place where you fight the Wizard in the Story mission, but from the opposite side. I'm fucking impressed. Incredible level design. The map doesn't look randomly-generated so they must have spent a long time designing it.

Thanks for the tips on the Strike mission guys,hadn't notice the legs part....also the 2 other guys I was with initially,I dont think they had a Rocket Launcher...

You should try things out against the walker. There are a couple things like shooting off the cannon too. I posted this earlier but you can do a lot of damage pretty fast if you get in close.
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=116766029
Hope alpha keeps running for a bit longer!

Wow... I actually made it to the place where you fight the Wizard in the Story mission, but from the opposite side. I'm fucking impressed. Incredible level design. The map doesn't look randomly-generated so they must have spent a long time designing it.
I did this same exact thing earlier today. Blew my mind. I thought I found a completely new area and slowly started to realize I was going backwards through the story mission. That was so fucking cool.

I also found this area called the Grotto near the forgotten shore, and as soon as I got there I found Fallen Dregs that I could only do a max of 1 damage to. Got my ass straight out of there.

Tobor

Well, DestinyGAF, I *was* going to come home and see if the Alpha was still online, but I got to my apartment to find that I had been robbed. They stole my Xbox One and PS4.

Wow, that really sucks. I'm so sorry for you.

Izayoi

Banned
How the fuck do I opt in to the mobile app? I signed up for Google+ (ughhh) and followed Bungie but I don't see any links page or anything like that. I'm on my phone currently.

My worst fear/ nightmare happened to you. I am sorry to hear that. Setup up a donations fund or something and I will support it. That's something that would make me as a grown man cry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom