• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Alpha Thread: Impressions from the wild [Code Begging=ban]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize if this has already been asked but how does voice chat work? Is it proximity based or do you have to be part of a fire team? Does it work the same way when you're in The Tower as when your on a PvE mission?

Carbonox

I may or may not have codes incoming.

Just trying to check if any are actually still there.

Just got a spreadsheet.

will Edit!

ix5hNAArIgXiW.png

go on then

ElRenoRaven

I apologize if this has already been asked but how does voice chat work? Is it proximity based or do you have to be part of a fire team? Does it work the same way when you're in The Tower as when your on a PvE mission?

This is one area I feel they need to work on a lot. In fact it would probably be my number 1 complaint about Destiny. There is no voice chat outside of your fireteam. I would love to see automatically join folks to a fireteam when playing Crucible (PVP) or when you join a strike with a random or something so that you could voice chat. As it is now you have to manually create your fireteam and invite others to it to be able to voice chat.

Guys, can we please stop spamming the thread with code begging? Take it to another thread, please, or PM the guy.

You have to be in a fireteam to hear people. I like it this way because I don't have to mute everyone whenever I go exploring. I don't want to hear other people's chit-chat.

Raide

This is one area I feel they need to work on a lot. In fact it would probably be my number 1 complaint about Destiny. There is no voice chat outside of your fireteam. I would love to see automatically join folks to a fireteam when playing Crucible (PVP) or when you join a strike with a random or something so that you could voice chat. As it is now you have to manually create your fireteam and invite others to it to be able to voice chat.

It really needs to go proximity for those public areas. They want an open world which constantly mixes solo and team play, then they need voice options.

Borman

I know I would love a code so that I can stream the game. I have a job interview on Friday too, so I could go for some stress relief!

ElRenoRaven

It really needs to go proximity for those public areas. They want an open world which constantly mixes solo and team play, then they need voice options.

I could see several options here. One yea proximity chat with the option to turn that off if you want. The other is to at least just when say you and a buddy are joining a strike and it's looking for 1 more, it joins them into your fireteam so that you can voice chat. Same with Crucible. Since it's 6 vs 6 right now for this one mode they have in it at for alpha it would automatically create a fireteam of 6 for everyone on your team so that you can voice chat and coordinate in game. Again these would be optional. You could choose to disable automatically joining one if you want. But there needs to be something done here. I do feel that in team modes etc you will lose out on your coordination as a result of this.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Just open it up for everybody, a game like this needs all the stress it can take, same goes for BF Hardline.

Opening up day one isn't the best idea ever. ;)

We're ramping up! Alpha, then Beta, and Beta will be orders of magnitude bigger in terms of population.

Simo

We're ramping up! Alpha, then Beta, and Beta will be orders of magnitude bigger in terms of population.

While you're here urk quick question, Collectors Edition? Yay or nay?

MMaRsu

Banned

Well we are all hoping to get in ofcourse :)!

Lets hope the lot of us can get in, we could get some gaf games going!

B00TE

I'd love hearing random chatter in free roam. If I heard a lot of random yelling and junk I can know there's a ?? enemy around or something, haha.

Just hit level 8 on my titan. Punching things continues to be the best. I just wandered around in free roam the whole time, did a few missions. Ran into an event that was impossible to complete by myself, that's something that may need to be looked at. I've made it my goal to try to find something new in free roam every time I log in, something that's fairly easy to do. The area is pretty big with lots of tunnels and buildings connecting things.

My only main complaint right now is some of the gun sound effects, I'd like for them to have a bit more punch to them. Mainly for the auto rifles, sniper and shotguns sound just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom