• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta Thread: Moon wizards make Pet Sounds with space magic in a bottle

What is your favorite class?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FafaFooey

I've been enjoying the beta a lot but after finishing the story missions.. what else is there to do? I haven't played many MMO's and I'm aware it's only a beta, but reading this thread I still see a lot of people having tremendous amounts of fun playing the beta while I'm struggling to find something to do besides PvP.
I'm at level 7 and did all the missions including the co-op Strike mission on Earth.

Kyoufu

I've been enjoying the beta a lot but after finishing the story missions.. what else is there to do? I haven't played many MMO's and I'm aware it's only a beta, but reading this thread I still see a lot of people having tremendous amounts of fun playing the beta while I'm struggling to find something to do besides PvP.
I'm at level 7 and did all the missions including the co-op Strike mission on Earth.

Do the Strike on the level 8 mode.

Wait is level 20 the level cap in the final game?

Makes me wonder how much content is really here now =/

Right, someone needs to explain this view point to me. Have you even been playing the beta? Did you stop once you hit level 8, saying "Welp, that's it. I finished the game. Time to play something else"? Because I continued to hunt for gear, level up skills (which aren't level restricted after the first eight), and level up my equipment (which have their own skills). I continued to explore Earth, collect the gold chests, and challenge myself with the level 8 strike which I just can't get enough of.

I have loads to do, and I don't even like the PVP in this game. If you do like the PVP, man, this beta has loads for you. I couldn't care less about a level 20 cap - the game doesn't end at the level cap!

I just can't decide between Titan or Hunter. I feel like the Titan fits my play style more but good god that Hunter knife throw is so damn satisfying and those cloaks...!
I can't wait to try out the Hunter Arc Blade subclass when it comes out. Lighting blades, invisibility, and short teleports instead of double jumps mang!

AHA-Lambda

Right, someone needs to explain this view point to me. Have you even been playing the beta? Did you stop once you hit level 8, saying "Welp, that's it. I finished the game. Time to play something else"? Because I continued to hunt for gear, level up skills (which aren't level restricted after the first eight), and level up my equipment (which have their own skills). I continued to explore Earth, collect the gold chests, and challenge myself with the level 8 strike which I just can't get enough of.

I have loads to do, and I don't even like the PVP in this game. If you do like the PVP, man, this beta has loads for you. I couldn't care less about a level 20 cap - the game doesn't end at the level cap!

No I am taking the level cap as an indication of amount of content, 20 doesn't seem very high. Of course we won't know until launch but it makes me concerned for how much content there is as 20 doesn't seem high; I can't imagine the case of people maxing out their character half way through a campaign can you?

And it doesn't mean you can't replay it all or hunt for loot and play the PVP, knock yourself out, that'd be the case regardless of level cap or amount of mission content.

No I am taking the level cap as an indication of amount of content, 20 doesn't seem very high. Of course we won't know until launch but it makes me concerned for how much content there is as 20 doesn't seem high; I can't imagine the case of people maxing out their character half way through a campaign can you?

And it doesn't mean you can't replay it all or hunt for loot and play the PVP, knock yourself out, that'd be the case regardless of level cap or amount of mission content.

I don't see why new locations have to be built around levelling. Destiny is clearly designed to treat levelling as a tutorial, getting everyone to max level quickly to ensure a level playing field in PVP and a robust number of players queuing for Strikes.

Seen the lower level areas of Old Russia? The tunnels, cave systems, and subways? They're packed with ?? level enemies. Pretty sure the game is designed to encourage a lot of exploration for players of any level, and to get that levelling experience out of the way as soon as possible.

Mikey Jr.

Can someone tell me what I have to do with the iron banner?

I played 2 matches yesterday. It was control. I didn't get it. Was I supposed to get something?

I'm confused.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Imo, if you're looking for stuff to do, the explore mode is endless fun. Can't wait to do that in more zones.

Dimorphic

I've played the first three missions and unlocked exploration mode, messed around in there a bit and love the game so I'm tempted to put a cork in the beta and not spoil anymore of the game before launch.

MonkeyNuts

Neo Member
So is there anything else left to do after beating the strike mission with the devil walker and the floating eye thing?

Is there any more missions to do after that or will we just have to hope bungie unlocks more?

Been playing pvp for awhile which is alright. PVE is far more fun though.

So is there anything else left to do after beating the strike mission with the devil walker and the floating eye thing?

Is there any more missions to do after that or will we just have to hope bungie unlocks more?

Been playing pvp for awhile which is alright. PVE is far more fun though.

Your character's skills aren't restricted by level. Keep playing, and you'll keep getting stronger. You can also keep hunting for green armour and weapons from Strikes, chests, enemy loot, and from the tower vendors. Those green items also tend to "level up" with use unlocking their own skills and increased damage.

You can also hunt down the gold chests in explore mode, and save up your glimmer to buy a better looking star ship, faster Sparrow, and a unique emblem design for your Guardian (I have a wolf at the moment).

Also share is completely fucked on the ps4.

The Share button? Works fine for me:

a2d52ca7-401f-43ae-9289-f250d3b8b42c.jpg

Jinjo

It's just not the same brah. It's all got to do with need fullfilment. Get to the next level to wear that sweet armor you couldn't wear before. Then watch half of that satisfaction disappear as you get an even better one with a higher lv requirement. It's basic human nature really.

It doesnt explain it in the game but if I choose harder difficulty for the mission, would I get extra xp or unlock other stuff?

Enemies are higher level and more numerous. So you'd get more exp since there's more to kill (presumably higher exp since they're higher level too), and loot drops will be higher level.

Woorloog

Banned
What the... is Titan's Lift exactly same power as Warlock's Glide?

EDIT in its base form that is. No comment on upgrades.

EDIT oh and my Exo Titan's mouth and eye lights are not visible anywhere. How nice. Not.

Wait... the beta includes the ENTIRE campaign? o_O

Mikey Jr.

If you can't upload anything, you might want to clear your Upload notifications. Having too many of them will make all uploads fail.

Nope, just straight up didn't record any video. Had 2 amazing matches. Went to the recorded section and it shows it recorded absolutely nothing. 0 minutes of footage of any destiny beta.

UUsually it'll fuck up and record some other 15 minutes. But this was nothing.

Pissed me off.

Kyoufu

What the... is Titan's Lift exactly same power as Warlock's Glide?

Kind of. I haven't played Warlock in a while but if memory serves me correct, pressing X after the initial jump will just hover/glide, whereas Titan will gain height with a second press of X instead of slowly hovering down.

Both when double tapped quickly do the same thing I think.

alexbull_uk

Nope, just straight up didn't record any video. Had 2 amazing matches. Went to the recorded section and it shows it recorded absolutely nothing. 0 minutes of footage of any destiny beta.

UUsually it'll fuck up and record some other 15 minutes. But this was nothing.

Pissed me off.

If you want to make sure everything is saved, just double-tap the share button at the start of the match, and you'll manually set the recording going.

Zakalwe

Banned
PvPers.

Do you ads more than hip fire?
Do you go full auto with auto rifle or burst?
Which weapons do you use and why?
What would be the one tip you would give a new player?

MonkeyNuts

Neo Member
Your character's skills aren't restricted by level. Keep playing, and you'll keep getting stronger. You can also keep hunting for green armour and weapons from Strikes, chests, enemy loot, and from the tower vendors. Those green items also tend to "level up" with use unlocking their own skills and increased damage.

You can also hunt down the gold chests in explore mode, and save up your glimmer to buy a better looking star ship, faster Sparrow, and a unique emblem design for your Guardian (I have a wolf at the moment).
Ah thats cool, ta for the info

BTHR Zero X

Got Bored today so decided to go from the Forgotten Shore > the Grotto > the Rocket Yard.

Made it through the whole Level ??? Infested Area without dying once. I feel some what pleased :D

Woorloog

Banned
Kind of. I haven't played Warlock in a while but if memory serves me correct, pressing X after the initial jump will just hover/glide, whereas Titan will gain height with a second press of X instead of slowly hovering down.

Both when double tapped quickly do the same thing I think.

Warlock hovers up if double-tapped...
Bah, very quick test indicates Titan isn't a class for me.

Warlock and Hunter are the way go.
Now if i could gain that Sunsinger Super power with a Hunter...

PvPers.

1)ads
2)full auto more often then not. But in fairly close range though.
3)autorifle + shotgun/fusion rifle
4)you don't show up anyone's radar if you don't move, so if you need to regenerate health discreetly, pick a nice hiding spot :p

Overdoziz

Banned
PvPers.

I feel like hip firing is a lot less effective than in the alpha, but that may just be because I'm using different weapons. With the scout rifle I'm using there are rarely any situations where aiming down the sights isn't the preferable option sadly.

PvPers.

ADS at medium/long range, but the jump hip fire combo is deadly if the opponent can't aim.

Full auto.

Full auto Assault. I do better with it compared to the pulse. Shotgun, no better weapon to defend a control point, or my Fusion rifle, a shotgun for medium range oh boy.

Use the motion radar, abuse the motion radar (crouch). Get a team, join a Gaf subgroup, and add people. This isn't a good game to play with randoms. Don't be afraid of assists, the win is all that matters.

Pop

PvPers.

Do you ads more than hip fire? | I mix it up. Depends on how far the person is from me.
Do you go full auto with auto rifle or burst? | Spray in close and burst when afar
Which weapons do you use and why? | AR/Shotty(smaller maps) Scout/Sniper for bigger maps. Better control with Scout rifles at range.
What would be the one tip you would give a new player? | Don't rush. It's that simple. Predict where you think the opponent might be or heading too. Pick fights you can win, don't force anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom