• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta Thread: Moon wizards make Pet Sounds with space magic in a bottle

What is your favorite class?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
This has probably been mentioned but in the tower you can go to the speaker, and the armor he sells cost 10 Motes of Light. His reputation details say Motes of Light are obtained by earning XP after level 20, so it's likely you'll cap fairly fast but still obtain levels like normal to obtain tokens used in stores for special gear.

In the tower up on left balcony looking down at orange roof building a messege pops up and you can hold sqaure to "activate fan" ....i cant see no fan or what this switch does...its bugging me lol

The fan is in front of it on top of that little building. It doesn't do anything visually but players standing on it get popped in the air when you do it.

In the tower up on left balcony looking down at orange roof building a messege pops up and you can hold sqaure to "activate fan" ....i cant see no fan or what this switch does...its bugging me lol

id6GNbIHrZ0VS.gif

I missed the iron banner event yesterday but what did people do to get in? Did an exclamation mark appear when it was up or did it just appear in the crucible?

LeonSPBR

I missed the iron banner event yesterday but what did people do to get in? Did an exclamation mark appear when it was up or did it just appear in the crucible?

Go to the tower to get new bounties for the event and then just go to the crucible to play the event. And opens a new part in the tower to get rewards.

This game need to create a way to vote map to play, I seriously got 5 times in a row the moon map (First Light), and I didn't get to play the mars map yet. Hopefully today I'll get to play it.

wilflare

I don't get why I need to speak to a specific person in order to view Map... can't they just integrate the Map into the Options menu?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Only for the final game dude.

And is it just me, or have the warlocks been royally shafted with class items? You can barely see the shitty ass bracelets.

Yeah, unless they do something much more visually distinct in later levels they're really lame. But I guess they had to do something like this or else the Best Class™ would just rise higher.

grimmiq

Only for the final game dude.

And is it just me, or have the warlocks been royally shafted with class items? You can barely see the shitty ass bracelets.

The lvl 20 Legendary ones seem to have glowing holographic icons which should look awesome in darkened areas.

Are vangaurd points the same as vangaurd marks?

I keep getting points during the explore section. But my vangaurd marks don't go up.

I think Points are to rank up with that faction, so getting lots of Vanguard points will get you to lvl2/3/4/5/etc, while marks will let you buy gear at those levels..just an assumption.

X-Frame

Is it me or does playing in the Crucible seem like the worst way to obtain new gear? I could play 2-3 games minimum in a row and never receive a piece of gear at all, compared to the farming in Explore, the Strike, or Story missions where it's pretty much guaranteed.

Does the Crucible offer good benefits to glimmer or XP at least? I haven't been able to tell.

Kyoufu

Is it me or does playing in the Crucible seem like the worst way to obtain new gear? I could play 2-3 games minimum in a row and never receive a piece of gear at all, compared to the farming in Explore, the Strike, or Story missions where it's pretty much guaranteed.

Does the Crucible offer good benefits to glimmer or XP at least? I haven't been able to tell.

Crucible gives marks and reputation which are used to purchase gear from the Crucible Quartermasters.

There's bound to be high tier PVP gear which will be very awesome for PVP.

Tokubetsu

To get good gear in crucible you have to do absolutely nothing. Don't help your team win and make sure you end up with bad k/dr to go with your bad score. Guaranteed drop.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
To get good gear in crucible you have to do absolutely nothing. Don't help your team win and make sure you end up with bad k/dr to go with your bad score. Guaranteed drop.

Really? Because I have been playing with my brother and we are both garbage in the crucible. Haven't gotten much to show for it.

Altima

Why I cannot reconnect to PUG fireteam when I disconnect from the game ?

This is lame when I about to complete Devil's Lair and disconnect before that.

I'm not really digging the game so far.

I'm a lvl 5 hunter.
The gameplay is ok, but my main issue is that there have been too many times in which I had no idea what I had to do or where I had to go.

In the level selection screen (ie, Earth, Moon, etc.) I have no clue what missions I have played and what not, and I don't know what are story missions and what not.

While playing a mission, the objective description is too short and many times provides barely no information.
I was once playing a mission in which I had to "scout" something. No idea how to do that. There was a progression percentage that seemed to me it was randomly increasing. I had to leave because I had no idea how to finish that.

The UI is aesthetically very beautiful, but seriously, a pointer to control it?

And loading times are unbeliveably long.

Hope they can polish some things for the release version, but I'll probably won't be picking this at launch.
I'm not sure what to tell you, they give you exact waypoints for where you're supposed to be. The scouting one that I got pointed me toa little rooftop, so I got up there and the percentage went up. I continued to stand there until it went to 100.

I dunno, the game seems very straightforward to me. The only time I've been confused is during the Alpha when my game glitched and kept sending me back and forth between waypoints.
Your minimap always shows which direction to go and the touchpad gives even more precise waypoints. The game tells you, at all times, precisely where to go.

I find it quite weird that they don't tell you which missions you've completed (at least I haven't seen any of that). You just have to keep track of that yourself for the time being. They do tell you which activities are story missions and the recommended level to play them.

The others are pretty straightforward but scouting had me scratching my head in the alpha for a while. You are supposed to stand precisely in the objective location (usually in a vantage point like a rooftop) "scouting" the area. You don't have to engage any enemies.
In order to see if you've done a mission, look to see if the emblem is "filled in" if you know what I mean. If it's a little star (or whatever emblem it might be) with no color around it, then you haven't beaten it

Okay 19 hours in the Beta I might have to buy this. I haven't put 19 hours in some full length games.

I need to beat the Last Array 4 more times to finish that Bounty.

The game has it out for me...it never drops or has a green body item at my trainer and the same goes for an Auto Rifle...please game, let me have them

lol

Zakalwe

Banned
Anyone have any tips for pvp?

I come for a PC background, used to having a 2+ ratio, I'm stuck under 1.

The low fov and gamepad are really difficult for me to work with, but aside fork getting used to that is there anything anyone could offer?

I'm finding movement awkward. Sprinting then stoping to shoot and move on feels cumbersome, but the at might just be me on a game pad.

Do you guys find you need to ads in pvp? In pve hip fire is fine, but does it translate?

Etc...

Thanks!

Pop

The game has it out for me...it never drops or has a green body item at my trainer and the same goes for an Auto Rifle...please game, let me have them

lol

I just got a green auto rifle, finally by doing the strike mission on the harder difficulty.

Jinjo

Why are we so sure lv20 is the max in the final game? Major dissappointment if true, I want to fill moar bars.

(And it's making me doubt the length of the actual game for a game so long in production)

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
I just can't decide between Titan or Hunter. I feel like the Titan fits my play style more but good god that Hunter knife throw is so damn satisfying and those cloaks...!

Pat_DC

This game! Damn! I sat down to play for an hour or so.

- Finish a mission, hmm might go to the tower to decode that new enagrams I got.
- Get cool weapon which can be upgraded.
- Might go reply a mission to see what this new gun is like.
- Finish mission, also finish two bounties and unlock new skill.
- Back to the tower to claim rewards, van guard bonus also unlocks weapon upgrades and now realise I am now levelled up to use armour I've had but couldn't use before...
- Well now I have to go back to a story mission to unlock the upgrades on new armour and try out that upgraded gun.
- Hours pass and it's night. It's a viscous cycle! And I love it.

I think playing the levels on the harder option also makes things a lot more fun (things like enemy placement and number and how aggressive they are). Can not wait to play on legendary or what ever the uber difficulty will be in release.

Also I was all Titan before but after maxing a hunter (and getting the buff that reduces your grenade and throwing knife cool down by picking up ammo) I'm really enjoying their play style.

Pop

Why are we so sure lv20 is the max in the final game? Major dissappointment if true, I want to fill moar bars.

We aren't. But wasn't there some screens showing people above lvl 20? I believe so.

If it is lvl 20, then that's fine. Just like any other mmo, max lvl doesn't equal best gear. Maybe dlc will even increase the lvl cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom