• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta Thread: Moon wizards make Pet Sounds with space magic in a bottle

What is your favorite class?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yus, looks to be much more close range and stealth oriented, and perhaps better for PvP as I think the arc blade super is more of an AoE attack. All assumptions, but I like what I read when I was looking at it in game.

Based off of reading the skill tree and gameplay videos, the Arc Blade looks like a literal buff to your melee. Making your melee attack a one shot kill for so and so long maybe?

My characters:

kXnoGol.jpg
JM1l6kt.jpg
kl7UQkS.jpg
GCSzgW8.jpg
2O4akbW.jpg
0iHMriE.jpg

X-Frame

I still don't know where the fuck to go for the Hive Ultras/Majors

wtf

I completed this in Skywatch. Either A) the Defend the Warsat Public Event will happen where multiple Ultras and Majors spawn, or the Hive vs. Fallen super battle will randomly happen where dozens of these Hive spawn for you to kill.

Plus you can kill trash mobs and run around getting the few loot chests while you kill time.

R0ckman

Not really because the good PvP gear is separate from the stuff you find elsewhere. And if you don't have the good PvP gear (bought with crucible rep points), you will get 1 shotted every time. PvP balance is hateful to new players, even if you've maxed your level in co-op.

This sounds slightly off, is it that big of a difference? I went into crucible and iron banner basically all day yesterday with not much of anything from the PvP gear and didn't have too frustrating of a time. All I did was run around and kill people for the bounty points, and when I did that, I usually ended up winning compared to when I just actually tried to play capture the zones.

Rodelero

Not really because the good PvP gear is separate from the stuff you find elsewhere. And if you don't have the good PvP gear (bought with crucible rep points), you will get 1 shotted every time. PvP balance is hateful to new players, even if you've maxed your level in co-op.

This is total nonsense. Where do you get this stuff?

QaaQer

This sounds slightly off, is it that big of a difference? I went into crucible and iron banner basically all day yesterday with not much of anything from the PvP gear and didn't have too frustrating of a time. All I did was run around and kill people for the bounty points, and when I did that, I usually ended up winning compared to when I just actually tried to play capture the zones.

So you camped and sniped with nerfed coop gear and your teams won? If it works, then great.

My experience was getting frustrated that I was playing against people whose weapons did ten times the damage of my gear. Cucible-only gear you can buy has damage stats in the 400-500 range. Good luck finding coop gear with those stats.

This is total nonsense. Where do you get this stuff?

The game. If I'm wrong then by all means correct me.

Not forever, but it would take a long time.

I said fuck it after 3 hours. I hate dragging my teams down, and I'm not going to farm against players whose weapons do literally ten times the damage of my best weapon. It's enough to turn me off the game.

Not enough for me to stop playing PvP, but I do feel badly for the people on my team... I came in last place every match I played yesterday. I am sure some of my teammates were pissed off.

J-Skee

I have to say, I HATED the First Light map in PVP because all people would do is go straight for the tank & light me up. But then, it just so happens that I spawn right next to a tank & then OMG what power.

DNAbro

So you camped and sniped with nerfed coop gear and your teams won? If it works, then great.

My experience was getting frustrated that I was playing against people whose weapons did ten times the damage of my gear. Cucible-only gear you can buy has damage stats in the 400-500 range. Good luck finding coop gear with those stats.

what crucilbe gear can you equip? all of them are level 20 and unequippable. Plus the stats only matter in the iron banner.

There's a red banner on the PvP gear that says Requires Level 20.

R0ckman

I didn't camp, I literally ran around the map like it was a game of slayer.

Kyoufu

PVP has normalized damage so your Crucible only Legendary weapon with 358 or however much damage does the same as a white weapon with 23 damage.

That's the case for any playlist that says "Level advantages disabled".

Rodelero

The stat you refer to as a damage stat is, in fact, Attack. It does not refer to the amount of damage you do - impact does. In PVP, aside from special events like iron banner, it is irrelevant. I've been stomping people with a level 4 or 5 common scout rifle, attack rated 39.

Try playing differently, try different weapons. You won't be hugely disadvantages by using low level gear, but there are many weapons that aren't suited to PvP.

Also, I guarantee that you can get weapons that are similarly rated to the PVP purchased ones from PVE. Those exist to offer great weapons to those who may not play PVE.

QaaQer

PVP has normalized damage so your Crucible only Legendary weapon with 358 or however much damage does the same as a white weapon with 23 damage.

That's the case for any playlist that says "Level advantages disabled".

Where is this stuff described in game?

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Based on in-game information, the game is gonna launch with 3 planets + the Moon.

I'm going off the turn-ins, there's 4 of them and if you read the description, each comes from a different place.

So we're looking at Earth, Venus, Mars and the Moon at launch.

Speaking of turn-ins, 40 spinmetal gives you 250 glimmer which is nothing but the real deal is that you get both vanguard marks and vanguard rep. I'm at 50% vanguard rep right now.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Based on in-game information, the game is gonna launch with 3 planets + the Moon.

I'm going off the turn-ins, there's 4 of them and if you read the description, each comes from a different place.

So we're looking at Earth, Venus, Mars and the Moon at launch.

Speaking of turn-ins, 40 spinmetal gives you 250 glimmer which is nothing but the real deal is that you get both vanguard marks and vanguard rep. I'm at 50% vanguard rep right now.

You forgot The Reef. It's also one of the locations you gonna visit in the game.

After the Iron Banner event yesterday evening I thought I'd treat myself to a new ship, only realising when I went to select it that I'd got that legendary ship from the event without knowing. D'oh.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
You forgot The Reef. It's also one of the locations you gonna visit in the game.

Right, that might be like their high-end location or something.

I also believe the level cap will be 20. There's an item stat called "light" that increases your level, increasing the damage your abilities deal against higher level enemies.

This might be a way to solve issues with the uncapped pvp so people aren't forced to grind for weeks in order to get to max level. You get a low level cap, but with gear you can gain higher effective level for the pve.

Lakitu

st5fu
I'm not enjoying PVP at all :/ Didn't enjoy it in the Alpha either. I really can't see myself putting in many hours into it at all.

Been playing PS3 beta with a friend two days in a row. Woke up today with a desire to play it on PS4, so we just went and bought 3 consoles. This is probably the most impulse purchase of our life.
Holy shit. I know that ride home felt epic. I get to do shit like this once a year when my taxes come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom