• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Concept Art Analysis - IGN [360/PS3/"Future Gen", No Port Whining]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Damn, that art is sexy as fuck. Titan looks bad ass. Like how everything sounds so far too.

Looking forward to that ViDoc now but am worried as to how much meat will be on it.

Still no sign of the human factions though. Future War Cult, Dead Orbit, New Monarchs and on. No symbols, nothing.

TCRS

Banned
You're right, space is boring.

This is the hundreth game this gen with space setting. After Mass Effect 1/2/3 and Dead Space and all the Halos and the other space games they could have gone with another setting. I'm personally tired of space. And I also think that it looks pretty generic.

Majmun

This is the hundreth game this gen with space setting. After Mass Effect 1/2/3 and Dead Space and all the Halos and the other space games they could have gone with another setting. I'm personally tired of space. And I also think that it looks pretty generic.

Earth setting is more generic than space setting.

GavinGT

Banned

Where would you like a sci-fi game to take place? Long Island?

I'm imagining an FPS with several areas you can freely travel to, and some unlocking as you progress the story. A few hub areas where you can meet up with other players (like the Tower mentioned in that video) are also part of the mix. Then there'll be some PvP areas, maybe integrated into the game's fiction like Halo 4's Infinity Multiplayer.

Something random I noticed, but was that melody at the intro Roots and Beginnings from The Lord of the Rings?

It's "Awakening" from the Halo 4 soundtrack.

Dennis

Banned
Unless there is a Singleplayer Campaign I can't see myself being interested in playing this.

But the setting - and especially this artwork - looks stunning.

MrDaravon

Art is incredible as fuck, but still need to see what the game actually looks and runs like. Not that I think the game will be bad or anything, but I've seen amazing art for games that turned out to be shit.

Arnie

Unless there is a Singleplayer Campaign I can't see myself being interested in playing this.

But the setting - and especially this artwork - looks stunning.

Don't believe there'll be a distinguishable menu that separates solo and co-operative play, but I'm willing to bet the former is very much an option.

FourMyle

You're crazy, man. Like Halo, Destiny seems to have very rich and expansive lore. I am really excited about the setting.

Just so everybody is clear, the video seems to be out early and the host says "Bungie have not released screenshots".

This is all we're getting.

jett

D-Member
I have a feeling we wont get any gameplay footage today.

It'll be disappointing if the only we're gonna get is a concept art montage with generic haunting music playing and some guy in the background speaking in a boring, monotone voice.

Sojgat

Sorry, but this is one of the best setting I've ever seen in games.

Yeah, I'm trying not to get too hyped over a bunch of paintings, but I was expecting this to just look like more Halo. Besides the spider tank from the previously released bunch of pics, that's the vibe I was getting. This doesn't look like Halo at all, it's really quite cool.

That was a strange thing to leak. Are we even getting gameplay footage today?

I really hope we get some in-game footage at least. It can't just be Bungie staff talking about concept art for an entire ViDoc.

Just so everybody is clear, the video seems to be out early and the host says "Bungie have not released screenshots".

This is all we're getting.
GDC isn't far, maybe we'll get lucky and Sony will have Bungie on stage. If they make us wait to E3 then those in charge are 100% d-bags.

I'm tired of Earth, so you can imagine the horrors I go through every year.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
There is hope then.

The Dark Souls comparisons are what theyre getting at. Maybe even a resurrection of elements from that old FPS concept The Crossing.

Wow, is Bungie really not releasing any gameplay video? I don't have much hope. Concept art is the worst way to drive hype as in-game almost never lives up. Especially multi-platform this gen games.

Nome

Whoooole lotta Killzone influence in not only the location designs but also the characters. Which I don't mind because I like Killzone, but will be funny to see staunch haters of that franchise praising the art of this.

Not sold on the Warlock class and (pets? summons?) not being just a little TOO goofy to fit, but could be cool playability wise.

Seems more Star Wars than Killzone. The only Killzone in there is the cloth+armor bits.

robin2

I sense some "mutant chronicles" aftertaste in some of the artworks.

I'd only have liked a bit more color on some vehicles/armors, a part from the brown "tank" in the snowy artwork, all is basically grey.

B.O.O.M

Hope this comes to both orbis and Durango at release. Could be a pretty neat title to have

Very cool concept art. The three classes look good as well. Character design is boring...I like the enemy design much more.

Oh and not a fan of 'always online' bit of info

Arnie

That may just be the dev's talking about the game while showing of this set of concept art that got posted early. I dont think there is a guarantee there will be gameplay footage.
No guarantee but that would be very un-Bungie.

GavinGT

Banned
There's no way they built up a full-on ARG to culminate in a few pieces of concept art and tenuous game details. There will be in-engine footage.

That may just be the dev's talking about the game while showing of this set of concept art that got posted early. I dont think there is a guarantee there will be gameplay footage.

Bungie has never had a ViDoc without gameplay footage. They used ViDocs to show off the first Halo 3 gameplay footage as well.

Gui_PT

Let's go play a Zombie game, those are still fresh

I was hoping the four armed guys would be playable. :(

Gotta be boring old humans then, I guess. Still, the concept art looks really nice. Surprised to see this game on both 360 and PS3, though. I was expecting it to be Xbox exclusive (maybe next-gen exclusive?)

derFeef

That would suck a fter all they hype they build up - and Bungie vidocs usually contain some form of ingame moments.

zumphry

Banned
peraudaciaadmabel.gif

Wow! Fantastic, mysterious environments. The "Citadel" and "Hellmaw" are probably my favorite two pieces of concept art.

Different alien factions is something I didn't think about, just the (unmentioned) factions that we all know of already. Should've known there'd be different types of aliens, with Marathon and Halo. I guess I thought fighting one collective was assumed after the Pfhor and Covenant.

Classes seem cool, and I love stealth games, so I'm leaning towards Hunter... but can't really say anything until more abilities and any weapon restrictions are revealed.

Take all of my money/day zero/etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom