• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Concept Art Analysis - IGN [360/PS3/"Future Gen", No Port Whining]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

Banned
It's not like we've had a lot of these. And certainly not on consoles, or from such a renowned developer.

That's just it, I'm a PC gamer and especially recently we're getting too many big MMO-like shooters. And on consoles you have a billion MP shooters, it's incredibly played out.

2San

The court docs said it would be timed exclusive for 360 (and Durango, I guess). The PS3 version shipping a year later.

Sounds like maybe that's changed if they're announcing both 360 and PS3 versions simultaneously.
Fine by me, either way.

Doesn't necessarily pertain to all the info we will get tomorrow. Polygon visited Bungie back in January. I'm sure other sites did the same. I believe some of this stuff was embargoed from then on. There's no way they had a bunch of press fly out to their studios on Tuesday/Wednesday for a handful of concept art. That's just madness.

Polygon said themselves that they weren't shown any Destiny content. It was just an article about Bungie and how they changed since leaving Microsoft. You're definitely right about everyone flying up there. There's more to be shown.

I'm hyped as hell.

Lol at the PC port begging

image.php

That was quick.

Scrabble

That's just it, I'm a PC gamer and especially recently we're getting too many big MMO-like shooters. And on consoles you have a billion MP shooters, it's incredibly played out.

Such as...? I know there's planetside 2 but I don't believe Destiny is going into that direction.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
The concept art looks pretty cool but it's a shame it's being wasted on yet another multiplayer/MMO-ish shooter. Such wasted potential.

Smart ass move by Activision

Why not lock consumers into a nice repeating serviceable game

If COD drops off (it can happen or dwindle down), they still have a cash cow the is going to be milked for 10 years

This is almost Episodic Content brought to the Forefront without the MMO fees that adhere a lot of console users
Pay your $60 enjoy for a year, if want to continue, pay for the "Comet" expansion, or wait till the Major release every other year

If this was EA it would have Online Pass, Micro-transaction out the wazoo, day 1 DLC, and server shutdowns or minimizing cost by removing content where users are using it

Amir0x

Banned
Definitely some astonishing artwork; I hope they have a lot of new ideas because I was kinda burned out on Halo by the end. Looks sweet.

Cartman86

Banned
Doesn't necessarily pertain to all the info we will get tomorrow today. Polygon visited Bungie back in January. I'm sure other sites did the same. I believe some of this stuff was embargoed from then on. There's no way they had a bunch of press fly out to their studios on Tuesday/Wednesday for a handful of concept art. That's just madness. McCaffrey (the guy in the video) posted on twitter that he just got done doing a 2400 word article on Destiny. From 10 concept art images? Highly doubt that.

Bungie always have gameplay (however rough around the edges) in their ViDocs. I expect more meat in the hours to come, this is just a taste.

Yeah the IGN Live site says they went early this year and "finally" can talk about it. So I suspect they were among the first to see it, and this last week was for more press (or more info). I'm just saying that this guy saw lots of stuff and since there were no screenshots they made a video analyzing the concept art.

meta4

I dunno, Halo 4 had awesome concept art and the game did it quite well
This is a multiplat game and seems to be way more massive in scope than Halo 4 which was linear so I doubt current gen will do this game any sort of justice.

Ninja

Neo Member
If this reveal is going to be what it is now sounding like it will be, I think we will be disappointed, but then IGN would take the flak. Surely there must be in-game content for this reveal, there damned well better be!

Arnie

This is a multiplat game and seems to be way more massive in scope than Halo 4 which was linear so I doubt current gen will do this game any sort of justice.

Obviously it's a wait and see affair, but Bungie are one of the few developers that I don't worry about in this respect.

Taken from the Halo OT:

big_z

art is nice but bungie has always been behind the curve when it comes to the actual game visuals. with this coming to current gen consoles im not getting my hopes up for a graphical stunner.

Arnie

art is nice but bungie has always been behind the curve when it comes to the actual game visuals. with this coming to current gen consoles im not getting my hopes up for a graphical stunner.

Did you play Reach? It was visually outstanding. Halo 3 was harshly criticised, too, because people didn't take the scale of environments and the sandbox into account.

Let's hope the game doesn't have iron sights.

I'm praying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom