• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny House of Wolves |OT| Fatebringer 24/7/365

Midas

Will you gain extra rep for House of Judgement with one of its class items? Or is it like Eris? Only HoJ things (only Prison of Elders?), gives you rep?

Dunlop

Story missions are finally a huge step up as you actually have a sensible plot and some constant dialogue.

It's there really no request to have quests selectable from anywhere?

I.e now you need to load the tower and then load to the reef?

I would love when you click on a quest for the option to just zone at its location instead of the ship and planet map bullshit

Dragun619

Man, I got to level 34 earlier today, and it felt pretty good.

Don't have to wear Crota shit all the time and now i'm actually looking forward to finally beating Crota on Hard for only our third time with my fire team. Shit has been lag and luck for us, even when we're all 32.

Very surprised at how much easier & quicker it was to get to 34 compared to the time it took to get to 32. Bungie doin good with the dlc.

Mengetsu

Does everyone get a Gjallarhorn as a reward from their first prison of elders? Just me?
I got my first one yesterday from this as well. My friend was in front of me saying "this is it your finally gonna get one!" and I laughed followed by a "Oh my god"

robo

Got no land beyond a shard for my hunter lvl 32 Poe, who is now 33. Will run again with Titan and warlock and then do a few bounties and weeklies.

Man there is a ton of stuff to do now, which I think when you look at all the things available to you to do, sort of puts the old nothing to do now part of the early destiny game to bed.

I play everynight for at least 4-5 hours and most of the weekend, if I wanted to do all the bounties and raids, Poe I don't think I could in a single week anymore, where as before come Thursday it was bounties only until the reset the following Tuesday.

Pity I can't trade in my mats thanks to tdb, got over 1000 of each I can dump 😟

Ah well the shards are coming in handy for making motes of light, took about 11 to get my new monarchy heavy machine gun some decent perks via the gunsmith re roll, didn't realise it can also change your elemental type as well as the perks.

As-is drop from Nightfall run #2 this week. Blessed RNG.

kt9U3ES.jpg

Automatic fire
Explosive rounds
Third eye

:-o

BokehKing

Banned
Vanilla drop from Nightfall run #2 this week. Blessed RNG.

kt9U3ES.jpg

Automatic fire
Explosive rounds
Third eye

:-o
Oh that's vanilla? I got that today, err yesterday as well.

It's nice but I still prefer this other scout rifle I got, that fires quicker with explosive rounds

NL SHADOW?

Oh that's vanilla? I got that today, err yesterday as well.

It's nice but I still prefer this other scout rifle I got, that fires quicker with explosive rounds

NL SHADOW?

Errr .... I shouldn't say vanilla. It dropped like this. Definitely not what you get at the vendor. I'll edit.

NL Shadow is a lovely kit also. Don't have that one yet, but I've seen it!

Bladelaw

This thread has me hyped to jump back in. I've got 3 level 32 guardians, is the first order of business open up the Prison of Elders?

TheGrue

So PoE doesn't fill in when you lose a person? I did my first PoE last night and some gyu was lagging and then eventually dropped. Me and the other guy got to the 4th wave, but we just couldn't do it by ourselves. I kept hoping it would pop someone else in like in strikes, but it never did.

This thread has me hyped to jump back in. I've got 3 level 32 guardians, is the first order of business open up the Prison of Elders?

PoE doesn't open until you've gotten through the story missions first.

So PoE doesn't fill in when you lose a person? I did my first PoE last night and some gyu was lagging and then eventually dropped. Me and the other guy got to the 4th wave, but we just couldn't do it by ourselves. I kept hoping it would pop someone else in like in strikes, but it never did.

Only the lvl 28 PoE. It has matchmaking like strikes do. 32, 34 and 35 do not have matchmaking.

Right I meant running those missions ASAP to open the PoE.

SGA: The Nightfall can be run immediately, btw. But you'll get a mission bounty to kill the Nightfall boss later in the story missions, so if you do nightfall early, you'll need to run the strike again to get the bounty.

border

Match-making is supposed to fill in people when someone disconnects, but I have found matchmaking extremely unreliable about this (at least in singleplayer activities).

Somebody dropped out within 10 minutes of starting the weekly heroic last week, and we never got a replacement -- had to finish Omnigul with 2 people, which kinda sucks.

Match-making is supposed to fill in people when someone disconnects, but I have found matchmaking extremely unreliable about this (at least in singleplayer activities).

Somebody dropped out within 10 minutes of starting the weekly heroic last week, and we never got a replacement -- had to finish Omnigul with 2 people, which kinda sucks.

Was doing PoE 28 with 1 friend and 1 random. Random quit and I tried to invite a 2nd friend but matchmaking gave us a new random before I could send the invite. It worked out though... The new random quit also and I was able to get my other friend in.

Okay, I've playing this game incorrectly and I'm ready to finally play with some people (I've never done a raid or a weekly strike). So I gotta get on that. Also, I'm really enjoying the expansion so far. Hard, at least for me.

I picked this up last night from my second 28 PoE run. It didn't come rolled like this (only had ER and some other random perks of unimportance) and was trying to reforge it to get ER, Firefly and maybe Outlaw (for a Scout Rifle Fatebringer) but maybe 4 rolls in I got FA, ER and ZM and was happy enough. They seem like they'll go well enough together.

noblesse.png

Dynomutt

I stopped playing after I hit 32 and beat Crota, Amazon had a a crazy ass trade in glitch and ended getting almost full value for a year old PS4 (394 in Amazon credit!) so it was worth it to me for a newer PS4. I feel left out my Arkham LE PS4 doesn't come until 6/23. I'll be so far back :( I look forward to catching up.

GhaleonEB

I did the first mission which was ok despite being the archon priest backwards then I got sent back to venus to run around killing vandals and I shut it off. Why even include that trash?

Maybe I wasn't in the mood.

It was an odd inclusion, but I doubled it up with a couple of Petra's bounties and cleared it along the way, without doing anything different, so it was not a nuisance. I was worried it was going to be Eris' urn part 2, but it's literally the only one of those types of 'quests' in the expansion.

I wrapped it last night, and the last two missions of the story are really, really great. There's actually a story with actual development and a great climactic fight. It really cried out for an ending cinematic with the queen, though.

I really enjoyed the strike and the final mission. Both mixed things up a bit. All in, really liking the expansion. Still confused on how to upgrade things lol.

So I'm still unclear on treasure keys. Do I *need* to have keys to get rewards from the Arena?

Or are keys used to gain rewards after the initial weekly rewards get capped?

phen0m24

So I'm still unclear on treasure keys. Do I *need* to have keys to get rewards from the Arena?

I think you get one key from your first 28 (maybe each week?) to open the BIG chest.

If you farm for keys separately, completing the Petra bounties, chest farming, etc. then everytime you beat a POE you can loot the big chest. Otherwise you're getting loot from the 2 smaller chests.

If you farm for keys separately, completing the Petra bounties, chest farming, etc. then everytime you beat a POE you can loot the big chest. Otherwise you're getting loot from the 2 smaller chests.
Guess I'm sticking to the smaller chests then. Think I've done maybe a dozen of the wolf encounters and haven't gotten a single key out of it - not planning on doing more of those patrols if I can just stick to arena runs and strikes.

I was worried the key stuff might be required to get anything at all from the arena. Good to see that's not the case.

One more key question ;p

If one player opens the uber chest can everybody in the fireteam grab some goodies from it? Or does each player need their own key?

Orayn

When do Wanted bounties restock? Please don't tell me they're weekly.

One more key question ;p

If one player opens the uber chest can everybody in the fireteam grab some goodies from it? Or does each player need their own key?

Everyone needs their own key for the big chest.

funkypie

Banned
whats the deal with shards then? you can turn them into motes of light, which you can then turn into rep? What items can I turn in to increase HoW rep?

Nephtes

Just started House of the Wolves last night and completed the first mission.

My reaction thus far:
The first mission was pretty much the House of Winter story mission in reverse... So basically the same ol' stuff.

I like Petra's voice acting better than Dinklebot, but I wish they'd explain in game why your Ghost is so damn quite all of a sudden...

I purchased new faction gear with left over marks I had and went from level 28 to 30 instantly and now I'm sitting with oodles of upgrade mats that are essentially useless. (ooo I can trade them for Mote of Light... Yawnsplosion) I feel rather like it trivialized all the work I did to level myself up to 28 in the vanilla version.

So far, I'm less than impressed and regretting having purchased the Digital Guardian Edition at launch that came with the "expansions".

Z3M0G

I'm starting to think that Lvl 28 matchmaking could be all you really need for PoE. (Though I'm sure they'll enable matchmaking for 32 some day.)

You could matchmake for 28, and if you feel good synergy with the group (voice chat is enabled by default too right?), you can decide as a group to Fireteam up and jump into higher level stuff right after (or even quit early and move on up).

If I ever feel this way and have the time, I'll totally ask the group if they want to Fireteam for the next one up before starting the boss round.

I like Petra's voice acting better than Dinklebot, but I wish they'd explain in game why your Ghost is so damn quite all of a sudden...

He's not meant to be literally quiet all of a sudden, they don't want there to be a story reason why they don't get Dinklage back over and over for new voice work.

What's interesting is they don't even reuse any generic lines. They must not want to pay him for even that, for some reason or another. Maybe it would just be too expensive.

The ghost will either never speak again, and just be ignored in future story... being just a flashlight going forward... or he'll have an entirely new voice some day. But they likely feel obligated to put some story behind that if/when it happens.

I think you get one key from your first 28 (maybe each week?) to open the BIG chest.

There are two loot tables. Technically three.

1. Weekly loot. Every week, the rewards for completing each of the 4 PoE tiers gives you guaranteed look (the loot to be awarded shows when you hover over each one in orbit). You can only get these rewards one per week per tier.

2. Treasure keys. Having a treasure key on your character after being the last round in a PoE playlist lets you open the giant center chest in the treasure room. This chest has various possible loot tables inside of it, and the higher the PoE tier, the greater chance of better rewards. If you don't have a key on you, you can't open this chest. Also, this chest can be opened as many times as you have a key upon completion of a PoE tier.

3. Side chests. There are two small chests that can be opened whether you have a key or not. These have smaller loot tables, and also have *slight* chance at giving you a treasure key.

Battle Runner gets you a speed bonus after every kill. I had no idea how much I'd love this till I tried it. Outlaw is a top tier perk, as it greatly increase reload speed after a critical kill.

I didn't think much about this perk until I unlocked it on my dead orbit fusion rifle. It's already becoming one of my new favorite perks. The boost is most excellent!

Top Bottom