• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny House of Wolves |OT| Fatebringer 24/7/365

Dineren

Banned
Woo! After two failed attempts I made it to 9 wins. Not a perfect run, but it sure as hell was fun anyway. I lucked out and got the fusion rifle in the tier 8 package. :3

Very nice. Meanwhile I played 2 1/2 hours with my fire team and we did not manage to win a single game. I knew we weren't great, but man that was a painful experience :p. Must have been a record on unlocking osiris eliminations in the grimoire.

Very nice. Meanwhile I played 2 1/2 hours with my fire team and we did not manage to win a single game. I knew we weren't great, but man that was a painful experience :p. Must have been a record on unlocking osiris eliminations in the grimoire.

I had the same experience. Very painful.

TsuWave

How did you do it?

the method every one's using. blessings of light bubble on the left side after killing the servitor there. 3 ghorns each with 7 rockets. no cooldown time so you can pop a synth after unloading first wave of rockets. unload everything on him until he dies. disable mines afterwards with no enemies on the map.

also, bought one exo engram. turned into the the new hunter nighthawk helmet. yes. ( i saw a friend running through 6 engrams trying to get it and he didn't). i was happy with my luck.

BokehKing

Banned
Fuck Bungie and their cheap attempts at getting me to play longer. I haven't been able to get through one chamber in Prison 32 today mainly because I can't get teams. Give us the choice to play with randoms. Stop fucking limiting my content.

I'm done.

Fuck Bungie and their content blockades

Are you on Xbox One?

No but thanks. I'm done for today anyway. Too aggravated.

I'll definitely join you for Halo 5 though if you want when the time comes

There are tons of people who would pull you through PoE 32 on the ps4 side of the main OT. Just leave the negativity and the agenda at the door.

Otherwise, 32 is not hard, you just need communication in the last boss fight, something random are horrible at

Man, beating 35 PoE was a blast. Took us 2 hrs and 15 minutes and about 80 deaths a piece, but that shader is super worth it.

As far as strategy went, we had two sunsingers and a gunslinger, so we did everything legit until the servitor bond broke and then we just unloaded rockets and black hammer on him, passing the debuff to the warlocks and letting them die and self rez. Barely made it, but it worked!

Mahoubuta

Neo Member
I mentioned this in the OT thread, but that's moving fast with ToO woes. This expansion has brought me back in a big way, the loot seems to flow better, the grind is less intense, and it's scratching that itch which I haven't had since my WoW days.

I never did the raids or Nightfalls when the game launched, but now I'm looking to dive in. If anyone is looking for a plucky Warlock, add me on PSN (TheLivingBread).

I didn't think Bungie could bring me back in, but once I heard the purples started dropping I felt me will to resist ebb away. Help me GAF.

What content remains challenging for the userbase 2 weeks after release?

Again don't use it, but why block others who want it?

You mentioned PoE,I had no issues with using a pug on 28, it was quite fun

I've heard some pretty horrible stories about randoms not cooperating, idling, leaving at random times. I do not wish to see a matchmaking option, but I would love to see bungie implement an in-game lfg system where people wouldn't need to use a 3rd party service in order to find people who are actually willing to go through it.

I'm not sure if this is better asked in the community thread, but have Bungie announced novels or other narrative tie-ins to the Destiny universe? I'm about to jump back in to the game after I finish my final assignments, but I haven't kept up with announcements outside of dlc/expansions.

My collection of of fusion rifles post-HoW launch has grown like crazy in only a handful of days lol. The RNG gods have been so kind to this humble Warlock. :]

FEnin86.jpg

sYFgcbQ.jpg

zKbDgAq.jpg

ZbIXgdC.jpg

Played PoE for the first time yesterday and i get my first ever Gjallarhorn in the big treasure chest....I couldnt believe it XD

edornob

Played the entire weekend nonstop. Trials was nerve wrecking but I managed to hit 2 characters to level 34. The ability to upgrade any legendary to max and reforging the new weapons is addicting. Trying to collect gear for VoG. Haven't attempted PoE level 35, just finished 2 PoE 34s with friends. Everyone else I played with quit. I'd say the difficulty is raid like.

While the traveler exchanging mats felt good, no one mentioned variks selling heavy synths for cheaper than the gunsmith with ether seeds. Found that a life saver when Xur isn't selling any.

Only thing that needs a boost is Eris' bounties. I know the only reason to do them is cause she can exchange rad energy to rad shards but that still requires rank 4. Her bounties need to offer motes of light in all of them for exotic engrams and reforging.

All in all, gotta say bravo Bungie. You did good, real good.

Played the entire weekend nonstop. Trials was nerve wrecking but I managed to hit 2 characters to level 34. The ability to upgrade any legendary to max and reforging the new weapons is addicting. Trying to collect gear for VoG. Haven't attempted PoE level 35, just finished 2 PoE 34s with friends. Everyone else I played with quit. I'd say the difficulty is raid like.

While the traveler exchanging mats felt good, no one mentioned variks selling heavy synths for cheaper than the gunsmith with ether seeds. Found that a life saver when Xur isn't selling any.

Only thing that needs a boost is Eris' bounties. I know the only reason to do them is cause she can exchange rad energy to rad shards but that still requires rank 4. Her bounties need to offer motes of light in all of them for exotic engrams and reforging.

All in all, gotta say bravo Bungie. You did good, real good.

To be honest, I still only do the Eris bounties because they're easy exp and sometimes motes. My Hunter has been 4 with her for a while, but The Speaker's exchange rate for Radiant mats is better than Eris, especially since you don't need a BWI.

Running low on the mats to level up any vanilla weapons I still have laying around. Seems kind of odd to massively nerf the drop rates from them, when there are still so many weapons out there from players who may have quit before the expansions.

Really wish there was an exchange for them or something.

Went 9-0 and made it to the Lighthouse today. That was a very fun, but highly stressful experience. I was really stoked to get a Solar Jewel of Osiris, but I am pretty bummed out about the stock perks on these things. I also recieved the really cool looking Hood of the Exile for my Warlock. On a side note, shouldn't Iron Banner start tommorow? I thought it was always once a month.........

sh1fty

The story of HoW so far for me has been getting the Hawkmoon (after 8 months of trying) on the PoE chest... and having my inventory / vault full of Special Ammo Synth and Tokens.

Running low on the mats to level up any vanilla weapons I still have laying around. Seems kind of odd to massively nerf the drop rates from them, when there are still so many weapons out there from players who may have quit before the expansions.

Really wish there was an exchange for them or something.

When I return to destiny i'm scraping all my current purples and hunting for the new skill tree versions.

B-Ri

I got a red death.

Took a chance on the House Judgement random with a Armor and Weapon core, got a HoW chest piece, now im 34.

Beat Skolas on 35, didnt have any keys.

D=

Well ... at least I upgraded my fatebringer!

Should I use my next eitheric light to upgrade my black hammer, or give my hunter an edge to get to 34?

Timurse

Banned
First week. 3x34, 3xSkolas, 3x(9-0) on ToO. Got 15 etheric lights in my pockets after upgrading almost every weapon I wanted.
I hope this week will be a lot more interesting.

PS. I was sick at home from Thursday till yesterday, got plenty of time and a good chat of 37 people always eager to play Destiny :)

thundr51

I think I'm doing this wrong. This is my first expansion so my fav char(titan) was 23. Used remaining marks to buy armor that moved me up to 25. Tried to do the first story mission and got to the end and I can't finish it. I only have lvl 20 rare weapons and that looks to not be nearly good enough. I got 20 marks left so nowhere near enough to get anything good. Should I go and try to do the vanilla story missions/strikes and hope something drops or something else? Fyi- on X1.

I think I'm doing this wrong. This is my first expansion so my fav char(titan) was 23. Used remaining marks to buy armor that moved me up to 25. Tried to do the first story mission and got to the end and I can't finish it. I only have lvl 20 rare weapons and that looks to not be nearly good enough. I got 20 marks left so nowhere near enough to get anything good. Should I go and try to do the vanilla story missions/strikes and hope something drops or something else? Fyi- on X1.

Go do Vanguard playlist.

Once you have 4 legendary equips from the vanguard you will be level 32 and will be able to do all regular contant plus most of the endgame content.

I have a legendary Helmet from the base game. If I add the exotic shard will its light level increase? Or do I have to buy the upgrade from Xur? I haven't played even though I have the expansion pass. The helmet has everything else filled.

I have a legendary Helmet from the base game. If I add the exotic shard will its light level increase? Or do I have to buy the upgrade from Xur? I haven't played even though I have the expansion pass. The helmet has everything else filled.

Exotic, yes. Legendary would require an etheric light, rather than an exotic shard. Should go to 42 if all bubbles are filled.

cakely

When I return to destiny i'm scraping all my current purples and hunting for the new skill tree versions.

They took some perks out of the new weapons, so check your old legendaries before you do this.

For example ... the new rocket launchers no longer have "field scout". If you have an old rocket launcher with homing and field scout, hold on to it.

shanafan

Has anyone played the new Crucible maps in either Clash or Control playlists? I have only encountered a HoW Crucible map in the HoW playlist.

Trace

Banned
Has anyone played the new Crucible maps in either Clash or Control playlists? I have only encountered a HoW Crucible map in the HoW playlist.

They probably haven't put them into rotation for Clash or Control. IIRC it took awhile before TDB maps to be added to them.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Only thing I seem to be doing is PvP since gearing my titan that isn't even lvl30 is such a pain.
Kellslayer vendor gear could help...... IF BUNGIE KNEW THAT FULL STRENGTH IS A HUGE WASTE! Seriously, who's making this garbage stat gear?!

That is all you will see for some time. Dark Below maps were the same way. Bungie doesn't seem to have a way to filter the regular playlists to put DLC players against other DLC players.

Thus we always have 2 DLC playlists. Usually 1 Control/Clash and another Skirmish/Salvage/Rumble.

It's possible you will see the HoW maps integrated into the regular playlists once the next expansion comes out.

Sorry that's what I meant. It's a yellow one.

Yeah. Some glimmer, Armor Mats and an exotic shard should push it to 42.

Only thing I seem to be doing is PvP since gearing my titan that isn't even lvl30 is such a pain.
Kellslayer vendor gear could help...... IF BUNGIE KNEW THAT FULL STRENGTH IS A HUGE WASTE! Seriously, who's making this garbage stat gear?!

Dude, calm down. That armor is supposed to be temporary.

You will eventually have plenty of etheric light to upgrade your best armor to 42 light. You're not supposed to stay with the Fallen armor for long.

Trace

Banned

They want the vendor gear to be worse than random drops. If the vendor gear always has the worst stat roll, you'll probably end up with better random stats. The gamble for instance got my hunter the chest piece with +172 discipline.

witness

So how do I get a key this week as I got my first one through the new story? I played and enjoyed PoE over the weekend and got my first exotic gun, Red Death, along with a new sniper rifle.

Muzicfreq

Banned
They want the vendor gear to be worse than random drops. If the vendor gear always has the worst stat roll, you'll probably end up with better random stats. The gamble for instance got my hunter the chest piece with +172 discipline.
Oh so there's random kellslayer gear that rolls the stats? Man I need to run poe more

pantsmith

Fuck Bungie and their cheap attempts at getting me to play longer. I haven't been able to get through one chamber in Prison 32 today mainly because I can't get teams. Give us the choice to play with randoms. Stop fucking limiting my content.

I'm done.

Fuck Bungie and their content blockades

Just speaking from personal experience, something like Urrox is borderline unplayable without a decently coordinated fire team. Do yourself a favor and use Destiny LFG.

pantsmith

Trials of Osiris is literally the worst thing I have ever played in my life. What a shit game mode.

I was thinking normalized stats and something like the inferno rules (no radar, no supers) would be a huge improvement, but it wouldn't solve the fact that 90% of the weapons you are up against are a variation of Thorn/Mythoclast/Hawkmoon/TLW

On paper I really like Trials, and I'd probably like it even more with a decent fireteam. I just don't know how I'd fix it aside from changing Destinys PvP entirely.

Aesthet1c

So is it dumb to even attempt ToO before I'm 34?

I'm 32 now and want to check it out but I think we will get murdered. I do have a 365 Thorn though.

So is it dumb to even attempt ToO before I'm 34?

I'm 32 now and want to check it out but I think we will get murdered. I do have a 365 Thorn though.

It's more about your PvP skill than it is about levels.

3 of us were level 33 the first time we played through and 2 of us got the flawless victory trip to Mercury.

Top Bottom