• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As of December 2nd, trophy rarity on PS4...

Normal raid 14.9%
Hard raid 6.3%
Fully upgrade exotic 10.7%
Fully upgrade legendary 14.5%

This really confuses me. Furthermore, it lists PS3 beside PS4 so are these the trophy tallies from both systems?

Does XB1 have a similar system? Are the numbers similar? I have a shitload of upgraded legendary and exotics, as many of you guys do too...I guess we are the hardcore fanbase among a sea of casuals and probbably more likely, a sea of people who gave up on the game awhile ago.

hydruxo

Imo the best PvE setup is Fatebringer, Ice Breaker and Hezen Vengence.
When you get rolling with those shit looks like a michael bay movie

For some boss fights and super privileged people obviously Gjallahorn works great too.

That's exactly my setup haha. It's like a cheat code for pve. You just demolish everything.

HighOnPCP

That's exactly my setup haha. It's like a cheat code for pve. You just demolish everything.

Almost too good but shhh Bungie is probably lurking this thread right now ;D

Also I can see this exact setup being great for the new raid IF there are Knights with arc shields. If not, replace Fatebringer with VoC and you're good to go!

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey

For some boss fights and super privileged people obviously Gjallahorn works great too.
I use Corrective Measure.

Lima

I use Corrective Measure.

If I get it today I would use that over Heze too. It's a pretty bad launcher to be honest. Ultra slow fire rate, the cluster bombs are just for show they deal absolutely zero damage (I still think this is a bug) and no tracking yo. I need tracking on my rocket launchers. With only 8 shots you can't miss one. Especially on bosses like Atheon that like to run around like they are high on pcp.

k1t4j

My setup at the moment is

Vex (solar)

Light/Beware (arc)

Corrective Messure (void)

if I need more range:

VoC (solar)

Patience and Time (Void)

Hezzen's Vengence (solar)

Up close and personal

Hawkmoon

(Raid Shotgun, don't recall the name)

(Iron Banner LMG, don't recall the name) extra stability, field scout, spray and pray

my pve loadouts:

raid/story/strikes when not leveling weapons
fatebringer
icebreaker
admonisher III (void RL with tracking)

oracles
atheon's epilogue
icebreaker
admonisher III

atheon
atheon's epilogue
praedyth's revenge
gjallarhorn

if VoC drops for me anytime soon, i'll use that in place of fatebringer in some parts of the raid

NeOak

In pvp vex is absolute shit compared to other exotics. Pvp imho is handcannons, shotguns, and heavy weapons only at this point. Hand cannons thorn and hawkmoon are insane TLW is not far behind.

True. The Vex is still fucking terrible. It can reliably outclass the clown of a gun Suros now but that's about it. If you can aim and want to win use hand cannons.

No, it is not. I kill people who use hand cannons with the Vex. Why can't people figure out the trick to do heatshots with it?

And I do have TLW and Thorn. Still wreck with the Mythoclast.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I still don't have that -.- along wth Found Verdict, foil and timepiece.
kinda crazy because I run multiple hard raids every week ughh

If I get it today I would use that over Heze too. It's a pretty bad launcher to be honest. Ultra slow fire rate, the cluster bombs are just for show they deal absolutely zero damage (I still think this is a bug) and no tracking yo. I need tracking on my rocket launchers. With only 8 shots you can't miss one. Especially on bosses like Atheon that like to run around like they are high on pcp.
I've done plenty of raids and have just one Corrective Measure. The great thing about it is that you can get like 300 ammo with 100 ammo in each clip which is absolutely ridiculous. Plus, it's void too which helps.

I like the cluster bomb effect of HV over the GHorn one but it doesn't really do any damage which is weird. I don't want to use Truth because it isn't worth an exotic slot. Maybe It's good after the buff, haven't checked it out yet.

HighOnPCP

My setup at the moment is

Vex (solar)

Light/Beware (arc)

Corrective Messure (void)

if I need more range:

VoC (solar)

Patience and Time (Void)

Hezzen's Vengence (solar)

Up close and personal

Hawkmoon

(Raid Shotgun, don't recall the name)

(Iron Banner LMG, don't recall the name) extra stability, field scout, spray and pray

I got all those in my rotation too except for CM and the shotgun!
They al work great in their own way that's for sure I just prefer rocket launchers for example because I like to blow stuff up :D

Also like I said I don't have CM but the Iron Banner LMG (Jolder's Hammer) is really good, it's my go to machine gun.

HighOnPCP

my pve loadouts:

raid/story/strikes when not leveling weapons
fatebringer
icebreaker
admonisher III (void RL with tracking)

oracles
atheon's epilogue
icebreaker
admonisher III

atheon
atheon's epilogue
praedyth's revenge
gjallarhorn

Now I know what RL you're always using! I had a Void Steel Oracle with tracking and I loved it but trashed it on accident. I wish Bungie would increase dismantling time for legendaries just a little.

Also Gjallahorn ;-;

Now I know what RL you're always using! I had a Void Steel Oracle with tracking and I loved it but trashed it on accident. I wish Bungie would increase dismantling time for legendaries just a little.

Also Gjallahorn ;-;

my RL is amazing but i wish it had better velocity. it's the only thing that holds it back.

This really confuses me.
I have a shitload of upgraded legendary and exotics.

upgrading those things is slow and takes a lot of ascendant energies. And i had so many guns that i couldn't just use one exotic all the time. I mean, i think i was level 30 before i had my first exotic gun maxed out.

And yeah, looking at ANY trophy numbers, the percentages plummet drastically after the first easy ones. This is why something like 30% should be considered common, not rare.

Rubenov

Unless you know precisely what you could and couldn't hit before and you can't anymore you might be imagining things. Send it is a +50 boost to range while Hammer Forged gives +40. Should be fairly marginal

Yes, PVP maps usually have people posting themselves in predictable spots and I knew I could take them out in an exact number of shots from a certain spot... now I can't.

Solar burn they're messing with us. All this good stuff right before DLC. It's to get people playing the game again lol. It's too good. CALLLING IT NOT A TROLL: gunna be Gjallarhorn this thursday Xur. Exotic Patch. Materials Patch. Solar Burn. They're just giving us everyone great to lure us into DLC~

Lima

Oh and solar burn on the weekly heroic too. Good shit Bungie good shit. Quick 27 strange coins to buy some of dem new hot exotic shards this Friday.

Steroyd

Wait wait wait, is that.... solar burn?

*rubs eyes*

Bungie going balls out before the new DLC I see, holy shit and the Weekly heroic to, I'm going to shit on the weeklies so hard with my toys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom