• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Big thanks to Hawkian for running the newbie raid last night. Got my 2nd Thunderlord and my first Corrective Measure. Fun group, and definitely a more fun and dynamic raid than Crota's End.

After running both, I must say I like middle best because than only one player is at risk (swordrunner). The others are safe to focus on other "jobs" away from boomer fire.

If you go for just 2 hacks after with each sword there's no need to be as agressive.
I certainly trust your opinion, Silver. I was especially bummed we didn't take you yesterday, as I am certain your experience and insight would have been especially helpful.

Our biggest challenge in yesterday's run was that we just kept getting dumped on by bugs. Knights breaking through the barrier, Knights bum rushing us at the crystal, and in an hour's time the sword disappeared on us four times.

I am thankful to have gotten the practice in, for certain, but it was frustrating to have issues like that occur beyond our control.

I'll be on all night and I have three characters that need it, two that need the whole thing.
I don't think I have played with you yet. Though maybe I have? Would you like to coordinate something or should we just play something by ear, since you're certain to have a group going shortly after work?

Deku Tree

I'd like to take a moment to recognize Hawkian. He's put forth an unmeasurable amount of good will towards this community. We're lucky to have him and I expect he'll still be around running his newbie raids, writing his guides and providing his passionate analysis. Thanks Hawk! I hope the community hasn't burned (or bummed) you out too much.

OT title should have been a tribute.

Hawkian did an over the top fantastic job. He had a wonderful temperament and posting style for being the OT maker for so long. He has put in an amazing amount of time and effort towards helping the DGAF community in all the long months since Destiny launched.

As far as I could tell he was upset about the posting styles of some people, and the apparent consensus approval of certain posts, and the further GAF moderation decisions within this thread. And I understand that.

zewone

OT title is way too busy.

I had enough notes for only one engram. Fingers crossed it was Saint 14!

Fucking Light Beyond Nemesis. Random class can kiss my ass.

WipedOut

OT title is way too busy.

I had enough notes for only one engram. Fingers crossed it was Saint 14!

Fucking Light Beyond Nemesis. Random class can kiss my ass.

Same here, only need the Arachnid helmet and only had enough for one what do I get,

Glasshouse, I have 3 hunters

phen0m24

Hawk fan here as well. We'll cool down shortly. He accurately described our reactions to everything Bungie will ever do. Sine wave.

We're up and then quickly down the drain again.

Thumbs way way way up for Hawkian.

LiK

Thankfully I have two more chances this week. Will try my luck on Sunday.
I really want this gun.

i think it only works once. i did the Bridge again with my alt last night and got nothing again. not even shards/energies. maybe it glitched for me.

Deku Tree

I bought four exotic helmet engrams. If I get two more motes I will buy another.

I got Two dupes with lower rolls = two free exotic shards = happy.
I got Light Beyond Nemisis with 30+ improved stats over my old one = happy.
I got Helm of Inmost Light = I didn't have it = happy.

I wanted Saint-14... maybe next time...

As far as I'm concerned an exotic helmet engram for 23 motes is a free exotic shard. Anything more is even better.

On another note, Congrats on your Crota HM takedown Drizzay!

Guardians!

The battle was grueling! It took many hours of perfection, coordination, frustration, and awesome team work. We did it boys, and it’s a great feeling to be able to say we conquered the most challenging encounter of destiny. Honestly, for me the most challenging fight in any game I have been a part of.

Shout out to all those that helped, we could NOT have done this without you!

- Noomi85
- Messiek
- Rubenov
- Captain_Smirk
- Nick_B
- Suggins
- Kaikken

Below are 3 videos from my PoV as sword carrier, you will see our strategy and execution get better with each video. Please note that I made some stupid mistakes, and you will definitely see them. My aim was for shit, I would get stuck, hesitate, run around like an idiot panicking…..but we got it done. Most of us were going on many hours of gameplay (8+, 10+ hours?) So please keep in mind we were very tired haha so be kind! :p

1st Kill:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKFw1H1ctcQ

2nd Kill:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkGMVRa8r1w

3rd Kill:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NautXfNusjA

That's awesome, carried that sword like a pro...you defo deserve the Word of Crota...knew you guys would get the 3rd kill...

It's ridiculous that we have to limit the amount of strikes in tandem with enrage btw

Even with insane lag and bullshit still killed Crota on first real attempt with almost all new people.

HM Crota is and has been on farm and extremely easy, it's just boring and broken.

Deku Tree

animation1o9j2n.gif

Haha. You get a lot of kills with that Strangers Rifle?

Bradach

Guardians!

The battle was grueling! It took many hours of perfection, coordination, frustration, and awesome team work. We did it boys, and it’s a great feeling to be able to say we conquered the most challenging encounter of destiny. Honestly, for me the most challenging fight in any game I have been a part of.

Shout out to all those that helped, we could NOT have done this without you!

- Noomi85
- Messiek
- Rubenov
- Captain_Smirk
- Nick_B
- Suggins
- Kaikken

Below are 3 videos from my PoV as sword carrier, you will see our strategy and execution get better with each video. Please note that I made some stupid mistakes, and you will definitely see them. My aim was for shit, I would get stuck, hesitate, run around like an idiot panicking…..but we got it done. Most of us were going on many hours of gameplay (8+, 10+ hours?) So please keep in mind we were very tired haha so be kind! :p

1st Kill:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKFw1H1ctcQ

2nd Kill:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkGMVRa8r1w

3rd Kill:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NautXfNusjA
Nice videos, thanks for posting. You guys are guuud!

I especially like the firing squad you setup for the ogres :) They don't know what hit them!

E92 M3

Even with insane lag and bullshit still killed Crota on first real attempt with almost all new people.

HM Crota is and has been on farm and extremely easy, it's just boring and broken.

The bullshit lag and glitches definitely add a lot of problems to the encounter. With that said, hard crota is how I imagine Crota would defend himself from intruders. In normal, the defense is a bit lax.

EL CUCO

That's not a very nice way to describe the situation, isn't even close to what Hawkian's stance was, and a horribly unfair and untrue way to paint the situation. I hope you realize that.
Settle down there, my friend.

It was snark not really directed at any one person and was mainly referring to the last part about the "sad talk". I have no issue with Hawkian wanting to step away from doing the OT. He's the first one to tell someone "If you dont enjoy the game, dont play". So if he no longer enjoys doing the OT's, I fully respect his decision. Worth mentioning, I was one of the people always pushing for him to do the OT's, since Dax was doing them.

Also, we do have a mod that watches over this thread. If he thinks I'm out of line on anything, I'll respect his opinion.

Thanks.

noomi

That's awesome, carried that sword like a pro...you defo deserve the Word of Crota...knew you guys would get the 3rd kill...

It's ridiculous that we have to limit the amount of strikes in tandem with enrage btw

Thanks man, and thanks for the help on the first two runs, you kicked ass with us :)

The enrage timer is pretty intense, I was doing calculations in my head all the time. How many hits can I or should I go for, how much time do I have, should I invis, should I run, enough for super?....etc

1st sword: 2/3/4 + 3/4 hits
2nd sword: 2 + 2/3 hits (depending on first run)
3rd sword: 2 + 2 + special

It's pretty messed up how you have to change it up depending on how things go.

Nice videos, thanks for posting. You guys are guuud!

I especially like the firing squad you setup for the ogres :) They don't know what hit them!

thanks man. We weren't going for speed, we were going for safety and precision and it worked. Ogre strat is solid.

KeRaSh

i think it only works once. i did the Bridge again with my alt last night and got nothing again. not even shards/energies. maybe it glitched for me.

Wot? That can't be right. Did you get second rewards for alt characters for the other phases? Just the bridge part came up empty?
I did the lamp phase with two characters and got rewards on both occasions. I even did the lamp phase on normal before doing it on hard with my second character and got rewards for both.

LiK

Wot? That can't be right. Did you get second rewards for alt characters for the other phases? Just the bridge part came up empty?
I did the lamp phase with two characters and got rewards on both occasions. I even did the lamp phase on normal before doing it on hard with my second character and got rewards for both.

yea, lamp got me shards, iirc. nothing from bridge.

After today, I think I'll be stepping away from the game for a little bit. I've reached a point where I'm grinding with no real goal anymore. Yeah, I have weapons to level up but no other motivations right now. I have the guns I want and I don't feel the urge to start a new character.

Also, there seems to have been a lot of grief, frustration, and anger here in the OT for the past few days as well as a lot of passive-aggressive inter-fighting among some of the guys. Not what I had in mind when I joined a few months ago. I think in time things will cool off, and I'll get back into the grind at that point in time maybe but for right now, enrage seems to have seeped into the OT.

I love Destiny and my 200 or so hours have been really great, but I have multiple games that will better fulfill the limited amount of time I have to game these days.

Shout out to Hawkian for his admirable work here in the Destiny OTs. I really appreciate the dedication you bring to the table, and it shouldn't go overlooked.

EL CUCO

I would've had enough motes to spend on a helm, if I hadn't accidentally rerolled my Timur's during IB...that mistake keeps kicking me in the junk :(

My Titan needs a helm that works with Striker, so he can stay 32 as one.

Deku Tree

yea, lamp got me shards, iirc. nothing from bridge.

Bungie paying you back for that armor they gave you from the Shrieker chest lolz... seriously though if you got nothing and the Bungie app or Bungie.net says you didn't loot the checkpoint then you can probably do it again and get loot.

Lol the title is perfect

Agree. Title is great. I like it the way it is.... accurate.

ocean

Banned
This game must have hyperintelligent, self-aware AI for loot distribution. It's the only way it makes sense. It has an actual human sense of humor.

Since TDB launched, I've been eyeing two Scout Rifles: Another NITC and the Saterienne Rapier. During Iron Banner I finally bit the bullet and started the Crucible Mark grind. 150 goddamn Crucible Marks. That's about 60-65 matches' worth. In the meantime I leveled Vanguard several times, hoping a weapon would drop and release me from the grind. Nah, shards and energy always.

So I bought the Saterienne Rapier yesterday. Hype! It handles great and even if I haven't unlocked Firefly yet I know the purchase was worth it.

I join Dhruv today for a Heroic Crota run and we kill Crota on our first try. Get the Arc Scout Rifle. Hype! Run a few bounties to feed it XP; level up Vanguard. Yeah, it happened. I got Another NITC.

So basically the game's waited until I spend 12 hours of my life grinding for Crucible Marks to get a 331 Scout, then gives me two of them the very next day as drops :p

Anyone attempting HM Crota later today?
I was running it with you and other GAF people last night before I had to bail. Hope you guys managed to finish it. If not, I'd love to hop back in for a Crota kill if there's space. Or we could just start up a new group. I need a fresh run on my Warlock.

I love Destiny and my 200 or so hours have been really great, but I have multiple games that will better fulfill the limited amount of time I have to game these days.
This was always my biggest conflict when I was a WoW addict. WoW took up every literal free second I had and other games that I was very excited to play would sit and languish. Destiny has offered a similar experience as WoW, though with definitely not as many shackles. I can take a day or two and play another game and not feel like I've missed out on some serious progress in Destiny.

That and spreading time among different games helps keep perspective intact burnout at bay.

Where is Hawk? I don't like change! (But thanks for the OT Kor).

Anyone attempting HM Crota later today?

I miss him too.

Sorry for the botched OT title everyone. I think I missed the bulk of the discussion on it. I just made the OT because it seemed like one of those deals where everyone is just standing around waiting for someone else to do it. I just happen to be one of those types of people that just says, "screw it" and take charge.

Also, literally my first thread creation since I've been at GAF. Be gentle, its my first time. ^_-

Top Bottom