• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

noomi

I'll be upgrading mine today!

Yes I saw the videos, thanks for that. Good to see your perspective. Definitely makes it look easy.

Awesome!

I know you got the scout rifle as well, but are you missing any Crota weapons still? I just need the auto rifle from bridge to complete the collection. I have two alts left to run it on. Would you be interested tonight/tomorrow on going back for a fresh start?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
So I have Word of Crota, Abyss Defiant and Oversoul Edict. Need the Crux of Crota and Fang of Ir Yut then bye bye hard mode.

realcZk

the bungie community rep confirmed with the devs its in the crota HM loot table drops
http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...otten_the_crux_of_crota_yet/cnxt954?context=3

but since not a single person worldwide has gotten it in thousands of crota kills, most people feel its there but not yet unlocked by the devs as a droppable item, they are probably waiting a week or two to make sure no crazy cheeses get out.

it would be funny if it only had a chance to drop for people playing certain roles (like maybe the guy who lands the final blow with the sword), could be a cheap way to encourage people to play all roles a few times.

alternatively, it could just require doing something unique/special to have a drop chance that no one's discovered yet...

but more than likely its bugged to hell and will be hotfixed

Glad to hear you can get armour from the hard raid, I assumed you could but was told you could not. I still need the damned helmet/chest on my hunter..

Yeah definitely can get armor, not sure why someone would say otherwise :p

Supposedly helmet has a higher percent drop chance at hard Crota than normal Crota.

phen0m24

OT17|We were on a break!

It's from Friends. You know, this TV show that was on for a while? Sometimes I forget how old I am.

hydruxo

the new raid weapons seem kinda underwhelming compared to VoG ones. might just take some time to grow on me.

pretty disappointing that word of crota has the same issues as black hammer with hive disruptor, not to mention the explosive round kills would cause issues as well with the gun perk.

fang of ir yut really seems more geared to PvP, so if you're into that it might not be too bad: third eye, target mark, faster fire rate, perfect balance, etc. it will be pretty viable in PvE with field scout and speed reload though.

the auto rifle seems to be the thing most people are chatting about, decent damage, stability, and wizard disorientation is nice. there really aren't that many wizards in the game to use it on though.

id talk about the pulse rifle, but its ya know, a pulse rifle.

we still don't really know about necrochasm yet, but i cant picture it being better than the mythoclast in PvE and PvP at this point.

Word of Crota is underwhelming from what I've used of mine so far, but I haven't unlocked many perks on it yet

Abyss Defiant is definitely the stand out though which surprised me. I've been really enjoying using it.

Rubenov

Awesome!

I know you got the scout rifle as well, but are you missing any Crota weapons still? I just need the auto rifle from bridge to complete the collection. I have two alts left to run it on. Would you be interested tonight/tomorrow on going back for a fresh start?

noomi,

Absolutely down for a fresh start. I have all raid primaries... only missing the Crux. 2 of my characters need the first two parts as well. Could use the shards and energy.

LiK

it would be funny if it only had a chance to drop for people playing certain roles (like maybe the guy who lands the final blow with the sword), could be a cheap way to encourage people to play all roles a few times.

alternatively, it could just require doing something unique/special to have a drop chance that no one's discovered yet...

since DeeJ didn't mention anything about requirements, I'm assuming it's just a ridiculously low drop rate or it's glitched.

zewone

Yeah that's the way it seems. There's nothing as good as Fatebringer or Voc or even Corrective Measure. Nechrocasm seems like a bad joke.
Let go of the past.

Fang of Ir Yut > VoC
Abyss Defiant > Atheons Epilogue
Light of the Abyss > Praetorians Foil
Hunger of Crota > Hezens Vegence
Black Hammer > Praydeths Revenge

Fatebringer > Word of Crota
Found Verdict > Swordbreaker
Corrective Measure > Song of Ir Yut

Pulse rifles? lol

noomi

So I have Word of Crota, Abyss Defiant and Oversoul Edict. Need the Crux of Crota and Fang of Ir Yut then bye bye hard mode.

That's kind of how I feel as well, once I collect all the hard mode weapons I would prefer just running normal for exotics chances. I will run my team through it though however many times it takes to get them geared/weaponized.

It's ridiculous that we have to limit the amount of strikes in tandem with enrage btw

Yeah it was a bitch when you spent 2-3 hours just to get to the point where you learn you can't just go ham with the sword every time or it will probably vanish on you right at the goal line during enrage lol.

The good news is with sword damage needing to be metered out pretty much anyone can run the sword and go up there and pull off ~3 smashes x 2, its not like you have to be a superstar with the high dmg combos or anything.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
That's kind of how I feel as well, once I collect all the hard mode weapons I would prefer just running normal for exotics chances. I will run my team through it though however many times it takes to get them geared/weaponized.
I have a good group so HM isn't really a problem. I am just tired of all the bullshit like the sword disappearing, swordbearer wandering off somewhere and other glitches.

noomi

noomi,

Absolutely down for a fresh start. I have all raid primaries... only missing the Crux. 2 of my characters need the first two parts as well. Could use the shards and energy.

Cool I'll be on today around the same time as usual. We'll get a group together and take it from there.

I have a good group so HM isn't really a problem. I am just tired of all the bullshit like the sword disappearing, swordbearer wandering off somewhere and other glitches.

Yeah, we had our fair share of BS as well. I don't think hard crota is quite on farm mode yet, but it isn't too far off. You need a really solid team, I would not want to LFG the hard crota raid....ever.

blackflag

Let go of the past.

Fang of Ir Yut > VoC

Pulse rifles? lol

I agree with that except I'm not convinced fang is better than VoC. I forgot about hunger and hammer even though I use both.

patchday

well, CE did at least bring us the holy black hammer, and i'm very thankful for that

I just got that drop last night in Crota normal. Can't wait to level it up!!

I'm still a L31 peasant so happy with Normal Crota. Just barely got the expansion bout 2 weeks ago and already have a path to L32. This game still not perfect in my eyes but its world's better than it was at launch too me

* This is coming from someone that hasnt stepped foot into HM Crota. I think I'd need a month of crota normal exp before thinking bout Hard

Honestly, I would be okay with something like.

Crux drop% = 0

Do Until drop% = 100
For every week after HM release, increase drop% by +2.

I kind of think all Raid specific exotics should use this sort of method. That way the longer they go, the easier it would be to get the more famous items they are known for.

Oh didn't see the new OP coming. Couldn't wait for hawk to make or he didn't want to make them anymore?

Was up in the air, and no one wanted to step up to the plate.

lunlunqq

I gambled out my 150 motes chasing just that one hunter helmet I need to complete my exotic armor collection... I'm 6 shards richer now... Kids, stay away from gambling...

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Let go of the past.

Fang of Ir Yut > VoC

Pulse rifles? lol
Praedyth's Timepiece > Oversoul Edict. But yeah, pulse rifles are so useless in this game.

I gambled out my 150 motes chasing just that one hunter helmet I need to complete my exotic armor collection... I'm 6 shards richer now... Kids, stay away from gambling...

Better than spending 60 motes on rerolling timur's Lash only to get a crappy roll at the end. If rather get 2 helm exotic engrams!

SkylineRKR

Fang seriously better than VoC?

I agree about Light, Black Hammer and Hunger though. FV too probably since FV is a beast, but I like Swordbreaker myself.

noomi

The only void weapon that drops in Crota is the word of crota....

So my special void weapon is still the praedyth's revenge sniper, and my heavy void is still the corrective measure hmg.

Any good void weapons I should be looking into for special/heavy to replace those two?

Homeboyd

And yet still no mention of the heavy ammo fix.

>_<
Yeah that was the worst part about our crota HM runs. Kept swapping out our raid boots anytime we wiped to try and avoid it. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. Need to fix that heavy ammo shit asap.

In the meantime;

- Increase glimmer cap
- Decrease heavy ammo price
- Have Xur sell them more frequently
- Add them to dailies/bounties as rewards like some Eris bounties do

Yeah that was the worst part about our crota HM runs. Kept swapping out our raid boots anytime we wiped to try and avoid it. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. Need to fix that heavy ammo shit asap.

In the meantime;

- Increase glimmer cap
- Decrease heavy ammo price
- Have Xur sell them more frequently
- Add them to dailies/bounties as rewards like some Eris bounties do

I can't imagine at this point it is worth fixing. Better to just replace it.

Turn it into "Heavy ammo drops now contain 50% more ammo."

So rockets get 3 instead of 2 and machines guns get whatever their current formula is that I don't want to bother typing out right now.

LiK

losing heavy ammo from deaths is still dumb. how do they not fix that? either fix that or make heavy ammo much cheaper.

Ridwald

the bungie community rep confirmed with the devs its in the crota HM loot table drops
http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...otten_the_crux_of_crota_yet/cnxt954?context=3

but since not a single person worldwide has gotten it in thousands of crota kills, most people feel its there but not yet unlocked by the devs as a droppable item, they are probably waiting a week or two to make sure no crazy cheeses get out.

557354 raids launched they said, surely far less have finished it, but with a few days in the number of clears must have gone up. And with all that there are no Cruxes to be seen ? I'm not really into maths but that could put the drop rate at an 1 for a million ? :D

Looks like i'll have a Vex and all the Dead Orbit shaders on all my guardians before seeing a Crux of Crota ...

SkylineRKR

It also hits harder than the Icebreaker. 20k on Atheon ten times in a row is complete obliteration.

Yeah used it a lot but Efrideet's spear hits just as hard. With final round and spray and play I can out DPS my Black Hammer. But it'll burn ammo ofcourse.

Wow, despite Xur being shit this week, my three exotic helm engram rolls were essentially perfect for what I needed. Hunter is my main, and Titan is getting priority to get to 32 after seeing how useful they are in HM CE. So today I rolled, Mask of the Third Man for my Hunter and then Helm of Saint 14, and Light Beyond Nemesis for my Titan!!! That is crazy lucky. The exact three helms I needed to prep for HM CE all rolled in a row. Now, if only there were heavy ammo synth for sale.

JayHayabusa

Don't forget about VOG!! Looking to do a run at Hm VOG in about 3 and a half hours, that is around 2 pm EST. Anyone interested?
PSN

1/ jayforone.......lvl 32 Warlock
2/
3/
4/
5/
6/

If I'm not on ur FR list send me a request and lets do this quick :)

Top Bottom