• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Stating the obvious but I've found that headshotting boomers (but not necessarily killing them--definitely not killing both) with sniper rifles so they stagger is a good way to keep them at bay when protecting the swordsmith or moving around the map. This is also helpful at the very beginning to prevent the sword knights from rushing into the crystal room.

Yea that's all the team I completed it with did. We just staggered them while swordsman was doing his thing then go back to rocketing.

Rocket -> stagger -> rocket - > stagger - > RUN!

Yep

It's the same as cosmo's strategy with a few changes.

1. Bubble with blessing at the crystal

2. Clear trash, make sure everyone is using supers to make a nice reserve of orbs

3. Go to the middle ledge, but do not go out until everyone is ready, heal, heavy synth. Etc. swordbearer does not come out until someone exits the area.

4. 5 people on the swordbearer, sword carrier should jump down and use rockets if required

5. One player on the knights in the left tower, do not shoot them immediately, wait for them to take their positions and then fire, firing early will stagger and fuck up path finding and then you may not see them behind there

6. DPS on Crota, Ghorns all the way, swordbearer does their thing going up the left side rock, we aimed for 3 swords, so you have to be careful you don't do too well (come on Bungie!) in case you leave Crota with too little health and hit the enrage

7. Regroup inside the left area and wait for Crota to move to center, heal up, pop heavy ammo, etc start doing #4-6 just before he goes center, don't wait

8. ogres, rush down to the right tower inside. Have the team jump up above the doors, suppress ogre with a flashbang grenade once he comes out the door. DPS ogre, then be safe and kill the second ogre from that room, a blessing of light bubble is very useful here too

9. Go back to the ledge when safe, ensure Crota is not there, wait if needed

10. If you took too long to kill the ogres then go to the crystal room wait for crota to go to the right then middle again

10. Rinse repeat for the last kneel
Pretty much identical to what we did.

LiK

Stating the obvious but I've found that headshotting boomers (but not necessarily killing them--definitely not killing both) with sniper rifles so they stagger is a good way to keep them at bay when protecting the swordsmith or moving around the map. This is also helpful at the very beginning to prevent the sword knights from rushing into the crystal room.

shooting Boomers in the chest is fine as well. they were staring at me instead of going after Figs. it also takes off less health so less risk of killing them. they're pretty dumb AI.

gdt

I need 2 helmets. Apthowhatevs Viel and Skull of Ahamkara. All I have left to get. I'll take all the rolls I can and see if I get them.

I gave up on Eris long time ago. I'm still 3700 point away from rank 4.
Seriously Eris? I cleaned up your mess and killed Crota which if I may add killed 4 of your fireteam members, turned one into a witch and almost drove you insane.
Then I resurrected him and killed him again and you still want me to do MORE to get that shader -.-

rNilla

shooting Boomers in the chest is fine as well. they were staring at me instead of going after Figs. it also takes off less health so less risk of killing them. they're pretty dumb AI.

Yeah whatever takes the heat off the swordrunner. Staggering them is useful when we're all running back into the room (and moving to the right tower) though. On our run I hung back and and did this to stop their spam.

noomi

We will forever go down in history as the guardians who got Crota HM first try. It was actually my first try ever at Crota HM lol. Hadn't played Destiny since tuesday really haha.

I'm uploading a vid as we speak. It cut out the first sword run because I was an idiot and saved the clip too late, but you should get the jist of it.

Grats Jinjo! Glad to hear you guys got through it :)

patchday

My Dad started playing Destiny recently and after hitting 20 he is trying to get geared. I told him to spend his Vanguard marks at the vendor to buy legendary gear, but he said all the vendor gear requires the expansion now? Is that right or is he just going to the wrong vendor?

I was able to hit 31 before buying the expansion

(Only purchased Crota recently for Black Hammer / Glasshouse)

Homeboyd

Yep

It's the same as cosmo's strategy with a few changes.

1. Bubble with blessing at the crystal

2. Clear trash, make sure everyone is using supers to make a nice reserve of orbs

3. Go to the middle ledge, but do not go out until everyone is ready, heal, heavy synth. Etc. swordbearer does not come out until someone exits the area.

4. 5 people on the swordbearer, sword carrier should jump down and use rockets if required

5. One player on the knights in the left tower, do not shoot them immediately, wait for them to take their positions and then fire, firing early will stagger and fuck up path finding and then you may not see them behind there

6. DPS on Crota, Ghorns all the way, swordbearer does their thing going up the left side rock, we aimed for 3 swords, so you have to be careful you don't do too well (come on Bungie!) in case you leave Crota with too little health and hit the enrage

7. Regroup inside the left area and wait for Crota to move to center, heal up, pop heavy ammo, etc start doing #4-6 just before he goes center, don't wait

8. ogres, rush down to the right tower inside. Have the team jump up above the doors, suppress ogre with a flashbang grenade once he comes out the door. DPS ogre, then be safe and kill the second ogre from that room, a blessing of light bubble is very useful here too

9. Go back to the ledge when safe, ensure Crota is not there, wait if needed

10. If you took too long to kill the ogres then go to the crystal room wait for crota to go to the right then middle again

10. Rinse repeat for the last kneel
This is exactly what we did minus the ogre strat, but we're using this on our next run. Got him in under 10 min on our 2nd run using this method and that's without a good ogre strat. 3rd time should be faster for sure.

This seems to be the best strat anywhere and worked really well for us.

LiK

Yeah whatever takes the heat off the swordrunner. Staggering them is useful when we're all running back into the room though. On our run I hung back and and did this to stop their spam.

i notice they shoot 4-5 shots at once from each guy. i had to stop as well to avoid the barrage. the most dangerous part of our strategy.

Seriously Eris? I cleaned up your mess and killed Crota which if I may add killed 4 of your fireteam members, turned one into a witch and almost drove you insane.
Then I resurrected him and killed him again and you still want me to do MORE to get that shader -.-
I just want shards ;___;

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Only sold a chest engram three times. Week 1, week 2, and then not since week 6. Good luck. You should have a lot of motes by then..

http://www.destinyxur.com
I have like 150 now; will dump everything on the chest engram once he sells it. Will use my Warlock obviously. Praxic Fire will be mine, and if it doesn't, I'm done with this game.
Not really lol

rNilla

This aspect of Eris is so nonsensical. She even remarks on how you defeated Crota. "THEN HOW ABOUT SOME MORE REP, HUH?"

Deku Tree

Oh I almost didn't XurBish my Invective lol. Gotta do that... seems to be the first week Xur is offering it... and the last exotic weapon for Xur to offer for upgrade too. Not like I use it.

Jinjo

Grats Jinjo! Glad to hear you guys got through it :)

Thanks man! I was really fearful of going up against Crota on hard, but we had an excellent fireteam and Dhruv briefed us exceptionally well on the strategy beforehand. Like clockwork.

Something went wrong with the vidupload, trying again.

i notice they shoot 4-5 shots at once from each guy. i had to stop as well to avoid the barrage. the most dangerous part of our strategy.

Their fire rate is a little too high. I don't expect a gun firing projectiles of that size to fire so quickly. Then again "space magic".

LiK

Their fire rate is a little too high. I don't expect a gun firing projectiles of that size should fire so quickly. Then again "space magic".

yea, they're the Hobgoblins of CE. so annoying. Knights are a pain but the Boomers probably killed us the most in our runs in HM.

Omni

So hard to find a team to do the Crota raid with if you don't have a jellyhorn. It's kinda ridiculous. Hunger of Crota is more than adequate enough to take down Crota. Bleh

Manp

jesus man, i can't believe you've not hit lvl 4 eris yet. you're like, don't know, one of gaf's destiny mvp in my eyes :eek:

Yea that's all the team I completed it with did. We just staggered them while swordsman was doing his thing then go back to rocketing.

Rocket -> stagger -> rocket - > stagger - > RUN!

I hate it when one of the dps guys tries to come in with a sniper shot. Staggers him left, when I'm aiming right and fucks up my white nail. Just leave the boomers alone and go back to your ghorn.

lunlunqq

I need 2 helmets. Apthowhatevs Viel and Skull of Ahamkara. All I have left to get. I'll take all the rolls I can and see if I get them.
I hwve all the exotic armor pieces for all 3 claases except for one hunter helmet ( the new dlc one). I spent 150 motes this morning. I stil dont have it. :(

Top Bottom