• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Dave_6

Didn't notice the new OT. I promise this is the last time I will post this LOL from Reddit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1421914688&x-yt-cl=84503534&v=Ylw8HxPKPY8

This sums up Destiny for me. Late nights with my friends overcoming what the game throws at us. The feeling of relief after killing Aetheon/Crota for the first time is akin to gaming nirvana.

I love this. I still somewhat get that way when I take down Atheon. Makes me want to play especially since I haven't played since Tuesday night.

If I can find two folks to run 2x NF and weeklies tonight, I'd love to get that done.

noomi

Our earlier Crota HM run with Druv, Steroyd and others, just under 9 min.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8kCziHrbuw

We used a very similar strat (videos on 1st page)

I noticed that you guys didn't have a titan bubble to protect dhruv by crota? How was he able to avoid boomer fire? I MUST KNOW!

Also, Jinjo we had the same thing with the thrall behind the glass kill us once, but you still got that last horn rocket in! Grats on the word of crota!

So I was able to beat HM CE with my titan because it's really easy to get health back.

My Walock has no options right now except for Voidwalker's life steal.
Hunter can do it with super. Not that bad but not as chill as the titan method.

ethomaz

Banned
I was thinking about the Crota battle.

Why people always wants to beat him on middle? I guess if you choose to take it down on sides (left or right) you can move all your characters behind the start room.

First Crota goes right, so your sword guy just go from behind while the others guys deal damage from left.
After he goes to left, so your sword guy will go from behind again while the others guys deal damage from right.

It can take some time but it is more safe than try to play dealing damage on middle.

Jinjo

I noticed that you guys didn't have a titan bubble to protect dhruv by crota? How was he able to avoid boomer fire? I MUST KNOW!

Also, Jinjo we had the same thing with the thrall behind the glass kill us once, but you still got that last horn rocket in! Grats on the word of crota!

Drizzle sang them a lullaby.

Hope he uploads his viewpoint too, he told us he killed one and just kept alternating killing one and shooting/stunning the other one with periodic Icebreaker headshots.

And yeah haha. With my final dying breath I sent out the last rocket needed to let Dhruv have at him.

Hey man I'm down if you will have me. We have the Crota CP right?

Yeah man, definitely.As for the check point, I stopped when we got to the Deathsinger. I'm sure we could knock that out, but it'd be nice if someone could provide the Crota checkpoint.

Okay, so we have three so far.

1. cloud945076
2. DarrylM_R
3. lnkn52

Anyone else?

Wish i were home to try it with you Cloud. you're a wizard when it comes to staying alive.

Haha. Thanks man. I wish we could have done it with last night's group.

LiK

Eris bounties aren't that much more boring than normal bounties and they give XP. getting rank 4 to swap for shards with energies is worth it. just do the easy ones daily and you can reach rank 4 soon.

rNilla

Didn't notice the new OT. I promise this is the last time I will post this LOL from Reddit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1421914688&x-yt-cl=84503534&v=Ylw8HxPKPY8

This sums up Destiny for me. Late nights with my friends overcoming what the game throws at us. The feeling of relief after killing Aetheon/Crota for the first time is akin to gaming nirvana.

That's one hell of a hype video. This is what Destiny is all about for me. Nothing more exciting than those first times taking down Atheon and Crota on Normal and Hard with a fun team.

jesus man, i can't believe you've not hit lvl 4 eris yet. you're like, don't know, one of gaf's destiny mvp in my eyes :eek:

I just gave up doing boring quests. I haven't done bounties, and haven't leveled up weapons like Pocket ∞ ,Thorn, TLW Hawkmoon (i'm sorry i'm not good with handcannons in pvp, though i'm going to level up the raid scout) . Haven't done nightfall or weeklies on all three characters in weeks now.

It's really fun to play with you guys and this community is the reason why I play.

Jinjo

Yeah man, definitely.As for the check point, I stopped when we got to the Deathsinger. I'm sure we could knock that out, but it'd be nice if someone could provide the Crota checkpoint.

1. cloud945076
2. DarrylM_R
3. lnkn52
4. JinjoNL

Anyone else?

Gimme a second, need to login.

Waldini

Errrrr... Guys, does this work? Apparently if you have a Crota (or any other) CP ... You can use the normal CP for Hard mode?

blazeuk

Titan bubble by the swordbearer just means you're sending 1 more person into a risky area, better to have them either shooting rockets or sniping, as long as you keep the boomers attention away from the swordbearer on the side he's going to it's fine.

1. cloud945076
2. DarrylM_R
3. lnkn52

Anyone else

Count me in!

Hiko

Banned
My Dad started playing Destiny recently and after hitting 20 he is trying to get geared. I told him to spend his Vanguard marks at the vendor to buy legendary gear, but he said all the vendor gear requires the expansion now? Is that right or is he just going to the wrong vendor?

All the new vanguard/crucible gear requires the DLC (anything with the little symbol on the top right means DLC required).

The faction gear doesn't. And neither do all the pre-DLC exotics. So you can still get to 31 without the DLC.

Although you might as well buy the DLC if you're still playing the game at this point. You would be locked out of most activities without it.

noomi

Drizzle sang them a lullaby.

Hope he uploads his viewpoint too, he told us he killed one and just kept alternating killing one and shooting/stunning the other one with periodic Icebreaker headshots.

And yeah haha. With my final dying breath I sent out the last rocket needed to let Dhruv have at him.

Titan bubble by the swordbearer just means you're sending 1 more person into a risky area, better to have them either shooting rockets or sniping, as long as you keep the boomers attention away from the swordbearer on the side he's going to it's fine.

Hmmmmm, very interesting. I'll have to mention that to the guys on our next run. While our strategy worked very effectively, we did suffer from having the bubble titan die running up to Crota a few times...

Good call ;)

bitsurugi

1. cloud945076
2. DarrylM_R
3. lnkn52
4. Bitsurugi

Ready to go, Bjallahorn reporting for duty :D

Hmm my ps4 is acting strange out. First I though I was getting delayed messages but now it seems that my message notifications don't pop up. So I don't know when I receive messages and I'm unable to reply on time. Which makes me sad :-(

I just gave up doing boring quests. I haven't done bounties, and haven't leveled up weapons like Pocket ∞ ,Thorn, TLW Hawkmoon (i'm sorry i'm not good with handcannons in pvp, though i'm going to level up the raid scout) . Haven't done nightfall or weeklies on all three characters in weeks now.

It's really fun to play with you guys and this community is the reason why I play.

Are you going to be running hard mode Crota this weekend? Let me know if you are. I'm going to be leveling up my baby Gjallarhorn tonight, but I'll want to try it sometime this weekend. I'm going to run it with my regular group Monday, so I figure I might want to learn from the best.

Dr_LawyerCop, ran some resets with you in Cosmos group.

GlamFM

Banned
Hmm my ps4 is acting strange out. First I though I was getting delayed messages but now it seems that my message notifications don't pop up. So I don't know when I receive messages and I'm unable to reply on time. Which makes me sad :-(

Same for me. PSN ftw...

noomi

So uh.... did something happen with Hawkian?

I know tensions were pretty high in the previous thread, but everything is....cool?

Jinjo

You maybe changed it in options?

PuMa

All the new vanguard/crucible gear requires the DLC (anything with the little symbol on the top right means DLC required).

The faction gear doesn't. And neither do all the pre-DLC exotics. So you can still get to 31 without the DLC.

Although you might as well buy the DLC if you're still playing the game at this point. You would be locked out of most activities without it.

That's...not true. The symbol just denotes that it's new. You don't need the expansion to buy the new Vanguard or Crucible stuff.

oSoLucky

1. cloud945076
2. DarrylM_R
3. lnkn52

Anyone else?

I think you may be full, but if anyone drops I'm in. Titan with Ballerhorn and BH. PSN: KC_Darkness.

That's what you get for finishing Hard Crota on the first try... The curse of the Oversoul is real.

zewone

I came on last night asking if everyone had calmed their tits a little... everyone told me it was all good... is that not the case?

I said it last night and I'll say it again: I just want to get high and play video games with awesome people. You guys are great and I want to continue to be part of the community. I have a relatively stressful job and have this community and this game as a bit of an escape both during the workday and in the evenings.

So, for my own sanity and all of yours, can we all just calm the fuck down about a video game? I get the frustration... but damn, let's not take it out on each other. We are a team. Team DGAF I believe it is.

Honestly, to me, the game itself is secondary to the social part (ie: you guys). If it weren't for you guys, I'd certainly have moved on from the game. That's not an affront towards the game, it's more of a comment about my un-diagnosed (read: artificial) ADD.

So that's my little soapbox moment... take it for what you will. Moving on, anyone got a Gorgon HM CP I can steal this evening? Anyone want to roll through some NFs tonight? I had company in town all week and haven't had time to play. Let me know.

I really think the idea that the community here is somehow pissed at each other is a bit of an overreaction/exaggeration.

I do think it's best we all forget what we think we saw and just continue to enjoy playing the game together.

If you still need the Gorgon HM CP I'll be online after 4PM PST.

Carn82

Anyone GAFers who might want to run VoG and CE (both normal) tonight with me and 2 friends? We're Raid-noobs, we've done VoG one time before, CE hasnt been done yet.. Probably sometime around 7 or 8 GMT. (we're Dutch but English is fine)

Top Bottom