• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Deku Tree

Attention Guardians. Destiny appears to be gaining in popularity according to the stats that Bungie supplies us with:

Twenty four hours later, 557,354 Raids had been launched. Properly staffed, that’s 3,344,124 Guardians descending into the Hellmouth over the course of a full day. Those stats made this the largest stampede yet – more than double the population of the very first run on Atheon. Community fervor intensifies!

Community fervor intensifies!

JayHayabusa

Reposting for new page, was last post on previous.

Don't forget about VOG!! Looking to do a run at Hm VOG in about 3 and a half hours, that is around 2 pm EST. Anyone interested?
PSN

1/ jayforone.......lvl 32 Warlock
2/
3/
4/
5/
6/

If I'm not on ur friends list send me a request and lets do this quick :)

EL CUCO

losing heavy ammo from deaths is still dumb. how do they not fix that? either fix that or make heavy ammo much cheaper.
You actually lose heavy ammo when you respawn, not at death. So for now, you have to switch gear pieces really quick to not lose anything. But I agree its dumb, especially with how long it's been a known issue.

Sometimes I would forget that I swapped out the gear and would run around at the Crota fight as a 31 :/ lol

It also hits harder than the Icebreaker. 20k on Atheon ten times in a row is complete obliteration.

Don't know how you do it. Atheon's hitbox is so fucked up it's near impossible to get multiple crits sometimes even when he's standing still. You have to like hit the bottom of his crit spot. Something I'm not nearly good enough with a sniper to pull off. I'm more of a Sepiks Prime kind of guy. Give me a massive crit spot and stay perfectly still and I'll use BH all day.

I used almost 100 heavy synths in 2 days for 1 completion. Sorry to all but I'm glad he's not selling them. There should be no way we should be that reliant on them. There really needs to be other methods of obtaining heavy ammo. They should be used in times of real dire need like in the middle of the fight. Not popping them like candy every try multiple times.

"bring GHorns and lots of extra heavy ammo packs" is wrong.

LkPr

is CE HM doable with a lvl 31? I'm like 35 shards away from 32 but I really want to join a group this weekend doing CE HM. Will anyone take a lvl 31? lol

3 Exotic Helm Engrams

3 Titan Helms

I DONT HAVE A TITAN. COME ON

Titans are the real deal. Make one and you'll be prepared since raid helms are typically dropped at the raid boss (1 chance versus multiple drops of the other 3 pieces through a single raid) so chances are you'll be capped with an exotic helm and the other 3 raid prices. Titans are super fun and OP in PvP.

Which helms did you get and did you keep them?

Jinjo

Attention Guardians. Destiny appears to be gaining in popularity according to the stats that Bungie supplies us with:

Community fervor intensifies!

That's not exactly shocking is it. The loot system was still properly fucked back in the day and even though I spend all my time in playing Destiny the first two weeks I wasn't ready till the end of second week. And even that was just barely. It was week 3 when I beat Atheon.

dB Viper

Titans are the real deal. Make one and you'll be prepared since raid helms are typically dropped at the raid boss (1 chance versus multiple drops of the other 3 pieces through a single raid) so chances are you'll be capped with an exotic helm and the other 3 raid prices. Titans are super fun and OP in PvP.

Which helms did you get and did you keep them?

If there were 4 character slots, I surely would.

Currently, have 32 Warlock, 32 Hunter and 20 Warlock (ALT).

I got the Skullfort, Glasshouse and Saint-14. I kept them.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Don't know how you do it. Atheon's hitbox is so fucked up it's near impossible to get multiple crits sometimes even when he's standing still. You have to like hit the bottom of his crit spot. Something I'm not nearly good enough with a sniper to pull off. I'm more of a Sepiks Prime kind of guy. Give me a massive crit spot and stay perfectly still and I'll use BH all day.
It's not difficult to get multiple crits on Atheon from the middle platform with a BH, but your team should not shoot rockets or throw grenades at him or he will move like a mad man.

gdt

Hawkian come back dude. It got a little tense there but now that there are more clears it's light again.

noomi

Black Hammer is the best legendary sniper in the game. Stun locking knights and not losing ammo is invaluable.

Yep, I love the black hammer. Just sucks that they had to remove the extra damage perk because would be very helpful for the raid... VERY helpful.

Also the word of crota suffers from the same bug, so don't upgrade the damage perk on it because you will lose the ammo refill thingy.

Jinjo

I'm back and damn I still can't believe we got it on our first try. Everything worked like clockwork.

We will forever go down in history as the guardians who got Crota HM first try. It was actually my first try ever at Crota HM lol. Hadn't played Destiny since tuesday really haha.

Can you list the strat you guys used?

I'm uploading a vid as we speak. It cut out the first sword run because I was an idiot and saved the clip too late, but you should get the jist of it.

If there were 4 character slots, I surely would.

Currently, have 32 Warlock, 32 Hunter and 20 Warlock (ALT).

I got the Skullfort, Glasshouse and Saint-14. I kept them.

Damn all 3. You're good to go.

Yea if I was you, assuming you'll still continue to play and like playing, I'd recommend making a Titan instead of Warlock #2. I understood it before during VoG with its crappy drop system, but now I think it no longer makes sense. Playing 3 distinct classes is a lot of fun. But just my suggestion.

gdt

Damn all 3. You're good to go.

Yea if I was you, assuming you'll still continue to play and like playing, I'd recommend making a Titan instead of Warlock #2. I understood it before during VoG with its crappy drop system, but now I think it no longer makes sense. Playing 3 distinct classes is a lot of fun. But just my suggestion.

Yep. VoG had much rarer drops, so I guess I understand the want for a class alt. not so much in CE.

Yep

It's the same as cosmo's strategy with a few changes.

1. Bubble with blessing at the crystal

2. Clear trash, make sure everyone is using supers to make a nice reserve of orbs

3. Go to the middle ledge, but do not go out until everyone is ready, heal, heavy synth. Etc. swordbearer does not come out until someone exits the area.

4. 5 people on the swordbearer, sword carrier should jump down and use rockets if required

5. One player on the knights in the left tower, do not shoot them immediately, wait for them to take their positions and then fire, firing early will stagger and fuck up path finding and then you may not see them behind there

6. DPS on Crota, Ghorns all the way, swordbearer does their thing going up the left side rock, we aimed for 3 swords, so you have to be careful you don't do too well (come on Bungie!) in case you leave Crota with too little health and hit the enrage

7. Regroup inside the left area and wait for Crota to move to center, heal up, pop heavy ammo, etc start doing #4-6 just before he goes center, don't wait

8. ogres, rush down to the right tower inside. Have the team jump up above the doors, suppress ogre with a flashbang grenade once he comes out the door. DPS ogre, then be safe and kill the second ogre from that room, a blessing of light bubble is very useful here too

9. Go back to the ledge when safe, ensure Crota is not there, wait if needed

10. If you took too long to kill the ogres then go to the crystal room wait for crota to go to the right then middle again

10. Rinse repeat for the last kneel

hydruxo

I used almost 100 heavy synths in 2 days for 1 completion. Sorry to all but I'm glad he's not selling them. There should be no way we should be that reliant on them. There really needs to be other methods of obtaining heavy ammo. They should be used in times of real dire need like in the middle of the fight. Not popping them like candy every try multiple times.

We have to be reliant on them because the heavy ammo bug still exists. Until that's fixed then honestly they should have Xur selling heavy ammo packs every week, but nope Bungie decided it would be better to make it RNG when he sells them. It's dumb.

Karl2177

That's not exactly shocking is it. The loot system was still properly fucked back in the day and even though I spend all my time in playing Destiny the first two weeks I wasn't ready till the end of second week. And even that was just barely. It was week 3 when I beat Atheon.

To add to it, most people only had a single character back then. Now quite a few people have at least 2, some even 3. The wording they use is also pretty deceptive. 557, 354 raids have been launched, I know Homeboyd launched it at least 4+ times himself. They say Guardians, not unique users.

Calcium

Banned
My Dad started playing Destiny recently and after hitting 20 he is trying to get geared. I told him to spend his Vanguard marks at the vendor to buy legendary gear, but he said all the vendor gear requires the expansion now? Is that right or is he just going to the wrong vendor?

Sane_Man

Good luck beating Crota without heavy ammo packs!

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
We put one guy on right side boomer duty while Dhruv DPSed Crota from that side. You absolutely have to get 6 hits on Crota with each sword.

After the second sword phase (12 hits), go inside the right or left ogre tower and wait for it to spawn. Use the flashbang grenade and just rocket him to death. Snipe the other ogre from that room.

Crota will enrage after 15 hits, so everyone simply has to take his shield down while the swordbearer does the rest. It's pretty easy actually when you think about it.

Also for boomers just stun them, there's no need to kill them or a wizard will spawn making things difficult.

rNilla

Stating the obvious but I've found that headshotting boomers (but not necessarily killing them--definitely not killing both) with sniper rifles so they stagger is a good way to keep them at bay when protecting the swordsmith or moving around the map. This is also helpful at the very beginning to prevent the sword knights from rushing into the crystal room.

We have to be reliant on them because the heavy ammo bug still exists. Until that's fixed then honestly they should have Xur selling heavy ammo packs every week, but nope Bungie decided it would be better to make it RNG when he sells them. It's dumb.

Good luck beating Crota without heavy ammo packs!

Yea that bug makes it worse.

Yea I really don't plan to beat him anymore soon, after my 2 more characters get him down. 1 has ruin wings so I'll be swapping to that in the beginning crystal room. That method helped Kadey get lots of heavy.

Eris plz
10872845_348896511983775_8843779581996693344_o.jpg

Top Bottom