• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Did it over remote play on the second (or third?) try. Thanks to Drizzay, Yze, Jupiter, Death4romabove, and Redman. Will post a video of the network bullshit that almost cost us the win.

GboKX1X.jpg

How can I do the entire hard raid without a single weapon drop??? At least I got the helmet finally.

I bought four exotic helmet engrams. If I get two more motes I will buy another.

I got Two dupes with lower rolls = two free exotic shards = happy.
I got Light Beyond Nemisis with 30+ improved stats over my old one = happy.
I got Helm of Inmost Light = I didn't have it = happy.

I wanted Saint-14... maybe next time...

As far as I'm concerned an exotic helmet engram for 23 motes is a free exotic shard. Anything more is even better.

On another note, Congrats on your Crota HM takedown Drizzay!

I'm buying the engram and decided the piece I get will determine which class I'll pick for my third character.

Carn82

This game must have hyperintelligent, self-aware AI for loot distribution. It's the only way it makes sense. It has an actual human sense of humor.

Since TDB launched, I've been eyeing two Scout Rifles: Another NITC and the Saterienne Rapier. During Iron Banner I finally bit the bullet and started the Crucible Mark grind. 150 goddamn Crucible Marks. That's about 60-65 matches' worth. In the meantime I leveled Vanguard several times, hoping a weapon would drop and release me from the grind. Nah, shards and energy always.

So I bought the Saterienne Rapier yesterday. Hype! It handles great and even if I haven't unlocked Firefly yet I know the purchase was worth it.

I join Dhruv today for a Heroic Crota run and we kill Crota on our first try. Get the Arc Scout Rifle. Hype! Run a few bounties to feed it XP; level up Vanguard. Yeah, it happened. I got Another NITC.

So basically the game's waited until I spend 12 hours of my life grinding for Crucible Marks to get a 331 Scout, then gives me two of them the very next day as drops :p

Heh; I bought Rapier and had Another NITC and Badger drop in the same week :/

noomi

Did it over remote play on the second (or third?) try. Thanks to Drizzay, Yze, Jupiter, Death4romabove, and Redman. Will post a video of the network bullshit that almost cost us the win.

GboKX1X.jpg

How can I do the entire hard raid without a single weapon drop??? At least I got the helmet finally.

Congrats dude! You're crazy, Crota on Hard over remote? The input lag/delay must have been pretty challenging.

Macello,

you. are. legend.

E92 M3

GboKX1X.jpg

Did you do normal before? Is it hard playing on the Vita?

Playing the first two hardmode parts with LFGers was infuriating.

That's not hard to imagine at all...

KeRaSh

yea, lamp got me shards, iirc. nothing from bridge.

Very weird. If that was the normal behaviour of that phase I'm sure we would have heard about it by now, right? People are complaining about getting only one chance to get loot from the deathsinger phase so this would have hit Reddit.com/r/destinythegame frontpage by now.

Congrats dude! You're crazy, Crota on Hard over remote? The input lag/delay must have been pretty challenging.

Macello,

you. are. legend.
I'm about ten miles from my house and I have strong connections on both sides. Precision aiming is only the hard part. I was the sniper on the knights and I did fine. However, it kept thinking that YzeNup was under the left Boomer tower even though he was in the safe area with us. Not only did it show him down there, but the Swordbearer was agro'd on him so I had to go down to find the swordbearer and the boomers got me,.

Watch in the video how the Swordbearer was just wrecking YzeNup even though he's not taking damage and then at the end, he grabs the sword and teleports to Crota.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFMOyNgccHc&list=UUfcw2-ISq8O5rHBSd3tF0sw

PSA: HM Crota is on farm everyone. The only issue has ever been horrible bugs and lags. I might make a post at some point compiling a bunch of the nonsense I've saved in some videos, haha.

Macello,

you. are. legend.

lol the lag was hilarious. On my screen our sword runner was just standing against a wall shooting it over and over but on his screen he was killing the 3rd sword bearer so he was able to still grab it and finish off the run.

Warlock Gaf users, what exotic gear are you guys running for Crota and crucible with sunslinger and void walker specs.

Warlocks want to equip a piece of gear that regens health when you pick up an orb of light. The two exotics that always have it are Light Beyond Nemesis and Apotheosis Veil, some other gear can have it but its random rolls. That way you don't need to gimp yourself with a suros or red death.

For pickup (all) crota groups, for a successful group you really need everyone with a very specific gear loadout. Everyone should have a way to regen health, preferably via orbs since the two weapons that regen health aren't the greatest and are exotic so you can't have gallahorn on at the same time. You do need at least 2 or 3 gallahorns (pref 4) to bring down his shield, the damage differential between a gallahorn and crotas hunger is still huge (initial hit is the same but wolf pack is 2400 dmg vs 0-500 for CH).

Also at the start you should kill all the acolytes asap and bring down the knights to low health. Then people who can mass generate orbs should be the ones who kill the knights - warlocks can in either spec with their super. You will have 10-18 orbs now for each person which makes titan bubbles and stuff a lot easier.

Mattiator

PSA: HM Crota is on farm everyone. The only issue has ever been horrible bugs and lags. I might make a post at some point compiling a bunch of the nonsense I've saved in some videos, haha.

lol the lag was hilarious. On my screen our sword runner was just standing against a wall shooting it over and over but on his screen he was killing the 3rd sword bearer so he was able to still grab it and finish off the run.

Congrats :)

You going to be around at the usual time??

Rubenov

Macello,

Congrats on the kill, well deserved.

I don't know what it is about people this week but I haven't been in a competent run of Crota NM since last week. Use rockets people, good lord!

Kinda happy NLB is the exotic this week, I want to see what all the vinegar is about.

Playing the first two hardmode parts with LFGers was infuriating.

My wife and a friend of mine 3-manned the Abyss and Bridge section on hard mode yesterday.

Which was pretty awesome considering we were all level 31.

My hunter got naught but the wife and friend both got the new auto rifle.

Edit: Also, I'm sitting on 139 motes of light. I still can't decide if I want to use them though. I have 3 +36 light titan helmets and 2 hunter helms and 1 warlock helm.

Except the hunter and warlock helm aren't my favorites.

I was running it with you and other GAF people last night before I had to bail. Hope you guys managed to finish it. If not, I'd love to hop back in for a Crota kill if there's space. Or we could just start up a new group. I need a fresh run on my Warlock.

It seemed like everyone also left after you did so no one finished it unfortunately.

LiK

Wait really, you got absolutely nothing from the bridge? With a character that hadn't done it yet?

yea, nothing. i even checked my inventory to see if anything new was there and nothing.

Bungie paying you back for that armor they gave you from the Shrieker chest lolz... seriously though if you got nothing and the Bungie app or Bungie.net says you didn't loot the checkpoint then you can probably do it again and get loot.

i just check the Bungie site, it appears it thinks i got the loot. whatever. i can always try next week. might even cheese this shit since they screwed me over.

lt519

Oh fucking wow!

Hero move!

I probably wouldn´t even have thought of that.

Yeah a thrall got me from behind while I was DPSing crota after the swordbearer went down and then the guy next to me got hit by a thrall as well. Thought it was toast and was about to rage quit but the Titan just comes roaring in to save the whole thing.

gdt

New thread smell.

Sucky Xur week, though I did get 1 helmet I wanted. Might just blow all my motes.

Gonna take another crack at HM Crota in a bit.

Dunlop

Where is Hawk?

He PM'ed me last night to answer my noob questions that I posted. Been away from the game a while and just picked up the expansion

He is the hero Destiny needs.

I know it is old new but lol at the mission expansion, I think it took me under an hour to complete up to the "urn" quest line.

On the plus side Eris is a bajillion times better as a guide than Tyrion

KxoZz

That's not hard to imagine at all...

There's always that one guy who insists his way of doing it is better than everything else, no matter how many tries it takes and what the others say.
My idea of a raid is not just wiping followed by watching a guy try to cross the bridge without forming it.

Doesn't help when others keep motivating him. "You'll get it, no worries" "I'd rather do this than keep wiping while doing it legit..."

Maybe I just got a terrible group.

Needless to say I left them shortly after.

Rubenov

There's always that one guy who insists his way of doing it is better than everything else, no matter how many tries it takes and what the others say.
My idea of a raid is not just wiping followed by watching a guy try to cross the bridge without forming it.

Doesn't help when others keep motivating him. "You'll get it, no worries" "I'd rather do this than keep wiping while doing it legit..."

I don't understand people wanting to cheese the bridge; fairly simple to do legit

zewone

GboKX1X.jpg

Hmm..

realcZk

the new raid weapons seem kinda underwhelming compared to VoG ones. might just take some time to grow on me.

pretty disappointing that word of crota has the same issues as black hammer with hive disruptor, not to mention the explosive round kills would cause issues as well with the gun perk.

fang of ir yut really seems more geared to PvP, so if you're into that it might not be too bad: third eye, target mark, faster fire rate, perfect balance, etc. it will be pretty viable in PvE with field scout and speed reload though.

the auto rifle seems to be the thing most people are chatting about, decent damage, stability, and wizard disorientation is nice. there really aren't that many wizards in the game to use it on though.

id talk about the pulse rifle, but its ya know, a pulse rifle.

we still don't really know about necrochasm yet, but i cant picture it being better than the mythoclast in PvE and PvP at this point.

GboKX1X.jpg

Congrats all!!

noomi

Macello,

Congrats on the kill, well deserved.

Hey Rubenov, how you liking that shiny new Word of Crota haha. Mine is almost fully upgraded should have it 100% by tonight :D

Also, did you see the videos I posted on the previous page?

Homeboyd

lol reddit

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2tejot/the_best_comment_on_the_122_weekly_update/

The best comment on the 1/22 Weekly Update
""The update we'll never get-

"We listened to the masses, and are making some changes to the game.

5 million people bought the dlc, so we have plenty of funds to make this game fun again!

We are doubling vault space, hell, lets triple it, what do we care?

You can now trade your useless acendant mats for other things, 10 to 1 for radiant mats, 1 to 1 for marks.

Survival mode added. Its really fun, and you get more loot the longer you stay alive.

Grimoire is accessible in game, so people actually read it.

As you complete sections of the grimoire, cut scenes are unlocked, revealing story points, it was always there, we just forgot to put it in.

You can now change your characters appearance once a week for 10,000 glimmer.

We made some really fun bounties for you to try, because we are sick of the same crap since launch as well.

You can now add modifiers to any mission, and complete it for rewards suitable to difficulty.

Of course we don't want every single core player looking identical, the outfitter can help. You just need the armor that has the appearance you want and the armor that has the stats you want. Take it to the outfitter with a chunk of some materials or something and BLAM you have sweet, unique armor, it's so -blam!-ing simple, I can't believe we didn't have this in since release.

Crota's End sparrow can do tricks.

We agree, all those low impact auto rifles and pulse rifles are like shit on a dick. Nobody wants it, so we added some decent/balanced ones.

We fixed all them annoying bugs, like the sword disappearing, and the Templar random containment fields.

Queens Wrath is coming this week.

Turns out there is not a problem with YOUR network, it was OUR problem all along. lol.

Oh, and 5 more strikes are available, just because we are rolling in cash, and we want to thank you, the customer, for being such a sport, and believing in us."

But instead Bungie just carry on, completely oblivious to core problems in the game.

Why do I look forward to reading this every week?

This could get 1000 bumps, it won't make any difference. I don't think they even read the comments.

blackflag

the new raid weapons seem kinda underwhelming compared to VoG ones. might just take some time to grow on me.

pretty disappointing that word of crota has the same issues as black hammer with hive disruptor, not to mention the explosive round kills would cause issues as well with the gun perk.

fang of ir yut really seems more geared to PvP, so if you're into that it might not be too bad: third eye, target mark, faster fire rate, perfect balance, etc. it will be pretty viable in PvE with field scout and speed reload though.

the auto rifle seems to be the thing most people are chatting about, decent damage, stability, and wizard disorientation is nice. there really aren't that many wizards in the game to use it on though.

id talk about the pulse rifle, but its ya know, a pulse rifle.

we still don't really know about necrochasm yet, but i cant picture it being better than the mythoclast in PvE and PvP at this point.

Yeah that's the way it seems. There's nothing as good as Fatebringer or Voc or even Corrective Measure. Nechrocasm seems like a bad joke.

GboKX1X.jpg

Glad to hear you can get armour from the hard raid, I assumed you could but was told you could not. I still need the damned helmet/chest on my hunter..

LiK

that guy sounds like a dick and is not worth playing with. it's about teamwork, not follow the leader.

Rubenov

Hey Rubenov, how you liking that shiny new Word of Crota haha. Mine is almost fully upgraded should have it 100% by tonight :D

Also, did you see the videos I posted on the previous page?

I'll be upgrading mine today!

Yes I saw the videos, thanks for that. Good to see your perspective. Definitely makes it look easy.

No gaffers got Crux of Crota yet?

If not, it might involve equpping Eidolon Ally throughout the raid, might be something insane like that.

the bungie community rep confirmed with the devs its in the crota HM loot table drops
http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...otten_the_crux_of_crota_yet/cnxt954?context=3

but since not a single person worldwide has gotten it in thousands of crota kills, most people feel its there but not yet unlocked by the devs as a droppable item, they are probably waiting a week or two to make sure no crazy cheeses get out.

Top Bottom