• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ready to take crota down hard

Let's get s gruop going

Psn robdraggoo
I'm offering my sword. Actually I'm just sitting at the checkpoint right now.

Have about 2 hours. Pretty familiar with all strategies and now that I have my infusion swap I feel much more confident.

Have about 2 hours. Pretty familiar with all strategies and now that I have my infusion swap I feel much more confident.
Awesome hawk

Me
Hawk
Death
Capn

All Join on hawk
Hand crota his end on hard

Nuszka

If possible i can join , just need to pick my wife up from her girls night out. Be away for about 20 minutes .

No it won't.

Nothing specific to announce at this time, but the mistakes we made with the DLC1 reward economy will not be repeated:

Mistakes like:
  • Vendor gear invalidating the effort of VOG Raiders
  • Upgrading an Exotic reseting its talents

Our philosophy about rewards/loot continue to evolve as we see how players play and react.

We will continue to improve acquisition stories and frequency (My understanding of the perception is that Crota's End drop rates are much improved vs. Vault of Glass: footnote below), lessen the grind and get players to the fun parts of their arsenal faster.

On CE drop rates vs. VOG:
The Forever 29 meme was a killer for us.

We sat down and talked about the rewards for VoG and the rates vs. CE and ended up with the following:
  • increase drop rates globally in CE: we wanted dedicated players to be around 32 or real close by the time Hard mode came out.
  • increase the variability of perks that a given piece can roll.
    the goal here: players would reach 32 easier than 30, but would have more customization and options to build the perfect set (in terms of stats, perks, weapon affinities)
The part where this didn't work as well as we'd hoped is with the Shard economy. Shards are a are a barrier between you and equipping a sweet new piece of gear.

We want fewer barriers to equipping upgrades. The shard economies erect these barriers between players and the new piece of gear they just got.

We're not intending to adjust the shard economy for this Tier -- we don't want to invalidate player effort (again). But removing the barrier between that new drop you're excited to get and actually being able to equip it as a member of your arsenal are something we will do going forward.

It all sounds really good. I really dont think i'd go through upgrading exotics again.

Still waiting for vault space, bugs and glitches information.

This. Heavy ammo glitch needs to be fixed asap.
Specially considering how much we use it on crota.

hydruxo

Alright guys doing Normal CE, how does 7:30 pm EST start time sound?

1) hydruxxo
2) grip
3) ambitious
4) sumantro
5) lupin23rd (?)
6)

Going through the pain of finally creating my 2nd alt hunter, and had purchased two exotic helmet engrams from Xur in hopes of getting mask of the third man for him. Got insurmountable skullfort first... Fine, I guess, maybe my Titan could use it but it will probably just sit as he's already got my ideal load out. Second engram was achlyophage symbiote... Already have it (it's the one exotic I saved for my hunter). Ugh. Went to buy two more. Light beyond nemesis, and... Light beyond nemesis. WTF (already had one of them as well for my warlock, anyways).

The weighting should really be changed to favor the class that uses the engram, heavily. Good grief.

I think I'm going to save a Crota kill next week to try this Crux theory.

Maybe all the damage to Crotas shield needs to be from the Ally?

What do you guys think?

Let's make a team to do it!

No it won't.

Nothing specific to announce at this time, but the mistakes we made with the DLC1 reward economy will not be repeated:

Mistakes like:

Our philosophy about rewards/loot continue to evolve as we see how players play and react.

We will continue to improve acquisition stories and frequency (My understanding of the perception is that Crota's End drop rates are much improved vs. Vault of Glass: footnote below), lessen the grind and get players to the fun parts of their arsenal faster.

We sat down and talked about the rewards for VoG and the rates vs. CE and ended up with the following:
  • increase drop rates globally in CE: we wanted dedicated players to be around 32 or real close by the time Hard mode came out.
    the goal here: players would reach 32 easier than 30, but would have more customization and options to build the perfect set (in terms of stats, perks, weapon affinities)
The part where this didn't work as well as we'd hoped is with the Shard economy. Shards are a are a barrier between you and equipping a sweet new piece of gear.

We want fewer barriers to equipping upgrades. The shard economies erect these barriers between players and the new piece of gear they just got.

We're not intending to adjust the shard economy for this Tier -- we don't want to invalidate player effort (again). But removing the barrier between that new drop you're excited to get and actually being able to equip it as a member of your arsenal are something we will do going forward.

Best news and update I have heard.

todd360

No it won't.

Mistakes like:

#BasedLuke

Now I won't have to complain about the reward economy as much in the next episode.

ocean

Banned

What do you guys think?

We went from demanding Gjallarhorn to suggesting a run where the shield is only attacked by a low impact primary weapon :p How the tables have turned poor Crota!

Cool. I hope the others agree too. Let's all join AchieveTrophies GAF, okay?
I'm a_javierp, I'd love to join if you guys can spare a spot. I requested to join the clan so whoever needs that trophy can get it.

realcZk

No it won't.

Mistakes like:

this is great news! i hope it gets the attention it deserves. a huge chunk of the player-base would enjoy hearing this info.

Good job team! Great group of GAFfers taking down another Crota HM. Excellent teamwork and Shiki on sniper duty was superb. Swordbearer (gdt) kicked tail and we all got something decent.

Picture time!!!

BT8k3Ju.jpg

58fsav6.jpg

MZPNnvY.jpg

Good first run through the crota hard encounter with the djblackice fire team that just ran it.

Good all around effort and a sound strategy I will be passing on to my usual group.

I got the word of crota. Wanted the scout but I still have 2 more rolls of the dice this week

What do you guys think?

Maybe they alter the percentage drops of these things, in the early days of VoG hard mode I hardly saw the Vex Mythoclast being dropped but beating Atheon these days usually drops one or more.

MildSoss

After seeing how damn useful Titans are in hard mode i've finally decided to delete one of my warlocks and join the titan master race.

I've had every piece of gear to reach 31 including the ruin wings and helm of saint 14 just sitting in my vault for a good while now. lol

Mindlog

Screw the titans, Team Warlock and a Hunter FTW
Crota downed without a single Titan in sight.
Pretty sure everyone has already run it with their Ttian lol.
No Land Beyond > Ruin Wings
All of them are high value packs. There are more on the other side and behind me. That heavy ammo trick is even better than my 100 Synth packs because it means I can spam Gjallarhorn all day without worrying about the stupid 5 minute timer.
"Killed your son. What are you gonna do?"
I climbed Mount Crota to taunt Oryx.

Good job team! Great group of GAFfers taking down another Crota HM. Excellent teamwork and Shiro on sniper duty was superb. Swordbearer (gdt) kicked tail and we all got something decent.

Thanks, at least I was not mistaken by being a japanse guy this time.

Amazing raid and loooooots of orbs

Crota downed without a single Titan in sight.
Pretty sure everyone has already run it with their Ttian lol.
No Land Beyond > Ruin Wings

All of them are high value packs. There are more on the other side and behind me. That heavy ammo trick is even better than my 100 Synth packs because it means I can spam Gjallarhorn all day without worrying about the stupid 5 minute timer.

"Killed your son. What are you gonna do?"
I climbed Mount Crota to taunt Oryx.

What is this trick you speak of?

Top Bottom