• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

zewone

Finally.

CXFcITW.jpg

EL CUCO

After seeing how damn useful Titans are in hard mode i've finally decided to delete one of my warlocks and join the titan master race.

I've had every piece of gear to reach 31 including the ruin wings and helm of saint 14 just sitting in my vault for a good while now. lol
Nice. I'll always be partial to Warlocks because they actually take skill to use...amirite? Huehuehue but Titan's are a really fun class

Bogeypop

or like an airborne target. why would it be "boogie?" XD

It would have been Boogiepop, but someone already has that name so I settled on a variant. It's boogie cos I'm your Boogie man.

Though I could have been Bogeyman or Boogieman in reference to Pyramid Head since I love SH2 so much, but I'm quite fond of the "pop", and I'm sure those names were taken anyways.

Whatever makes you happy. You have claws, wears a mask and you jump in the air and yell so it makes sense.

But I can't hit those Vega 1 frame links, it's always fun watching Zeus play him though. Haven't been keeping up with the FGC lately, so I dunno if there are any other standout Vega players.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It would have been Boogiepop, but someone already has that name so I settled on a variant. It's boogie cos I'm your Boogie man.

But I can't hit those Vega 1 frame links, it's always fun watching Zeus play him though. Haven't been keeping up with the FGC lately, so I dunno if there are any other standout Vega players.

I already have a 3rd member so if you join now you'll be Balrog but Balrog is his real name anyway so you can still jump in the air and yell.

And we need a group ID, it's only 4 characters max.

Stubo

Crota hard with randoms is the definition of hit and miss.

Had enough for today, the lure of the scout rifle isn't enough to motivate me to put up with this into the night hours (UK).

How do you guys have 3 32s already? Some people had that done last week even. I've got 2 32s now and I'm down to 10 shards. Would have to convert a fuckton of energy

Cruxist

Damn. Luke megaton in here while I'm away!

Glad to see the issues with DLC1 are getting addressed. That post alone renewed my hype for DLC2.

Definity

No it won't.

Nothing specific to announce at this time, but the mistakes we made with the DLC1 reward economy will not be repeated:

Mistakes like:
  • Vendor gear invalidating the effort of VOG Raiders
  • Upgrading an Exotic reseting its talents

Our philosophy about rewards/loot continue to evolve as we see how players play and react.

We will continue to improve acquisition stories and frequency (My understanding of the perception is that Crota's End drop rates are much improved vs. Vault of Glass: footnote below), lessen the grind and get players to the fun parts of their arsenal faster.

On CE drop rates vs. VOG:
The Forever 29 meme was a killer for us.

We sat down and talked about the rewards for VoG and the rates vs. CE and ended up with the following:
  • increase drop rates globally in CE: we wanted dedicated players to be around 32 or real close by the time Hard mode came out.
  • increase the variability of perks that a given piece can roll.
    the goal here: players would reach 32 easier than 30, but would have more customization and options to build the perfect set (in terms of stats, perks, weapon affinities)
The part where this didn't work as well as we'd hoped is with the Shard economy. Shards are a are a barrier between you and equipping a sweet new piece of gear.

We want fewer barriers to equipping upgrades. The shard economies erect these barriers between players and the new piece of gear they just got.

We're not intending to adjust the shard economy for this Tier -- we don't want to invalidate player effort (again). But removing the barrier between that new drop you're excited to get and actually being able to equip it as a member of your arsenal are something we will do going forward.

Wow, missed this news! I'm liking everything I'm reading here.
I didn't think I would be able to survive the grind again if my exotics were completely reset.

phen0m24

The Forever 29 meme was a killer for us.

Scarletham! They noticed us!

So do we start a #Forever31 meme now?
;)

Thanks Luke. Great info. I swear man, stuff like this is so huge especially like Hawkian said - we crashed hard the last few days. The "listening" comments tend to be ignored by us when things like you mentioned above happened despite our
rants
pleas for the contrary. Great news and please don't be a stranger. Great to hear from you.

Sorry that Scarletham and I gave you guys stress. In full disclosure since running Atheon after hitting 32 I've gotten multiple Titan boots and Hunter helmets. You could say that drop rate improved. :)

Looking forward to the changes and thanks again for listening. I'm getting closer to the top of the sine wave so I'm going to consciously slow down now.

Looking for a team to knock out Crota HM, any experience teams happening?

I'm considering myself a dedicated floater, I never found my cliche within DGAF to always raid with .

Bogeypop

I already have a 3rd member so if you join now you'll be Balrog but Balrog is his real name anyway so you can still jump in the air and yell.

And we need a group ID, it's only 4 characters max.

I also love Lord of the Rings, so I prefer his Balrog name anyways. SDWL for Shadowloo.

MildSoss

Nice. I'll always be partial to Warlocks because they actually take skill to use...amirite? Huehuehue but Titan's are a really fun class

I don't know if it was just getting a strat down but when you switched over to your Titan from the warlock to do the sword seemed like you had the timing down so much easier.

Yeah, the skill to not die when you get stuck in the air with glide while you try and out maneuver the boomer knights as they're all blasting at your back. LOL

patchday

No it won't.

Nothing specific to announce at this time, but the mistakes we made with the DLC1 reward economy will not be repeated:

Mistakes like:
  • Vendor gear invalidating the effort of VOG Raiders
  • Upgrading an Exotic reseting its talents

If they will at least fix that; it will help improve the fun factor. I wouldn't mind reseting my exotic if I didnt lose perks

Top Bottom