• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Trakan

Maybe they alter the percentage drops of these things, in the early days of VoG hard mode I hardly saw the Vex Mythoclast being dropped but beating Atheon these days usually drops one or more.

It's the same. Me and a buddy got one on the same hard raid which was our first time running it.

So I think I missed a shader. Got two shaders after defeating HM Crota but one shader didnt make it to the post master, it will be forever into oblivion then?

gdt

No it won't.

Nothing specific to announce at this time, but the mistakes we made with the DLC1 reward economy will not be repeated:

Mistakes like:
  • Vendor gear invalidating the effort of VOG Raiders
  • Upgrading an Exotic reseting its talents

Our philosophy about rewards/loot continue to evolve as we see how players play and react.

We will continue to improve acquisition stories and frequency (My understanding of the perception is that Crota's End drop rates are much improved vs. Vault of Glass: footnote below), lessen the grind and get players to the fun parts of their arsenal faster.

On CE drop rates vs. VOG:
The Forever 29 meme was a killer for us.

We sat down and talked about the rewards for VoG and the rates vs. CE and ended up with the following:
  • increase drop rates globally in CE: we wanted dedicated players to be around 32 or real close by the time Hard mode came out.
  • increase the variability of perks that a given piece can roll.
    the goal here: players would reach 32 easier than 30, but would have more customization and options to build the perfect set (in terms of stats, perks, weapon affinities)
The part where this didn't work as well as we'd hoped is with the Shard economy. Shards are a are a barrier between you and equipping a sweet new piece of gear.

We want fewer barriers to equipping upgrades. The shard economies erect these barriers between players and the new piece of gear they just got.

We're not intending to adjust the shard economy for this Tier -- we don't want to invalidate player effort (again). But removing the barrier between that new drop you're excited to get and actually being able to equip it as a member of your arsenal are something we will do going forward.

Oh man, I take down Crota again then I see this, hell yes. This is so welcome.

Mindlog

Great post^^ Happy to hear that news.
What is this trick you speak of?
Equip a heavy with ammo find. Corrective Measure is perfect.
Have an Icebreaker ready.
No Land Beyond/Universal Remote or any primary that burns ammo.

As the crytal room opens you want to have 0 primary and heavy ammo. Switch to your legendary primary and Icebreaker. Use Icebreaker to deal with enemies. Your primary ammo will regenerate so you have to time it right. When you do it correctly enemies will have a very high chance to drop Heavy Ammo. It's far better than using Synthesis because of just how much ammo you get.

Reddit.
It sounds like BS, but it works. It works very very well. Highly recommend.
Thanks, at least I was not mistaken by being a japanse guy this time.

Amazing raid and loooooots of orbs
Really some of the best boomer suppression I've seen and I've been killing Crota for hours :]

Definity

Good job team! Great group of GAFfers taking down another Crota HM. Excellent teamwork and Shiki on sniper duty was superb. Swordbearer (gdt) kicked tail and we all got something decent.

Thanks for the awesome group and especially shiki and gdt for all the hard work! gdt was a machine with the sword.

Picked up an extra helm with health regen on orb pickup.

Equip a heavy with ammo find. Corrective Measure is perfect.
Have an Icebreaker ready.
No Land Beyond/Universal Remote or any primary that burns ammo.

As the crytal room opens you want to have 0 primary and heavy ammo. Switch to your legendary primary and Icebreaker. Use Icebreaker to deal with enemies. Your primary ammo will regenerate so you have to time it right. When you do it correctly enemies will have a very high chance to drop Heavy Ammo. It's far better than using Synthesis because of just how much ammo you get.

Really some of the best boomer suppression I've seen and I've been killing Crota for hours :]

Welllll shit

With this and the boot trick you've made me liberated from synthesis!

What's the best way for a 29 to get ass shards these days? My kid has been stuck for a while since the daily story ends up being a level 30 story. I used to use the 26 story all of the time to get shards.

Bogeypop

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/561689

You are second in command by default!

So if you're M. Bision, and he's Sagat... Does that mean I can be Vega? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

EDIT: Also holy fuck I have risen from the ashes with a new name. Didn't think it would happen so fast. And I just realized people will pronounce it "bogey" like in golf, and not "boogie".
YeE5nFo.png

gdt

Good job team! Great group of GAFfers taking down another Crota HM. Excellent teamwork and Shiki on sniper duty was superb. Swordbearer (gdt) kicked tail and we all got something decent.

Picture time!!!

BT8k3Ju.jpg

58fsav6.jpg

MZPNnvY.jpg

Good first run through the crota hard encounter with the djblackice fire team that just ran it.

Good all around effort and a sound strategy I will be passing on to my usual group.

I got the word of crota. Wanted the scout but I still have 2 more rolls of the dice this week

Thanks for the awesome group and especially shiki and gdt for all the hard work! gdt was a machine with the sword.

Picked up an extra helm with health regen on orb pickup.

Gosh don't make me blush

Excellent run guys! In the whole run the boomers got me once, excellent work on those boomers Shiki.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So if you're M. Bision, and he's Sagat... Does that mean I can be Vega? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

EDIT: Also holy fuck I have risen from the ashes with a new name. Didn't think it would happen so fast. And I just realized people will pronounce it "bogey" like in golf, and not "boogie".
YeE5nFo.png
or like an airborne target. why would it be "boogie?" XD

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey

YeE5nFo.png

Whatever makes you happy. You have claws, wears a mask and you jump in the air and yell so it makes sense.

Ourobolus

Banned
No it won't.

Nothing specific to announce at this time, but the mistakes we made with the DLC1 reward economy will not be repeated:

Mistakes like:

Our philosophy about rewards/loot continue to evolve as we see how players play and react.

We will continue to improve acquisition stories and frequency (My understanding of the perception is that Crota's End drop rates are much improved vs. Vault of Glass: footnote below), lessen the grind and get players to the fun parts of their arsenal faster.

We sat down and talked about the rewards for VoG and the rates vs. CE and ended up with the following:
  • increase drop rates globally in CE: we wanted dedicated players to be around 32 or real close by the time Hard mode came out.
    the goal here: players would reach 32 easier than 30, but would have more customization and options to build the perfect set (in terms of stats, perks, weapon affinities)
The part where this didn't work as well as we'd hoped is with the Shard economy. Shards are a are a barrier between you and equipping a sweet new piece of gear.

We want fewer barriers to equipping upgrades. The shard economies erect these barriers between players and the new piece of gear they just got.

We're not intending to adjust the shard economy for this Tier -- we don't want to invalidate player effort (again). But removing the barrier between that new drop you're excited to get and actually being able to equip it as a member of your arsenal are something we will do going forward.
This is great news.

Anything on Hard Mode raids in the future? The difference really needs to be more based on mechanics and not just turning the enemies into bullet sponges.

raindoc

Just read that post by Luke. Between that and my first CE HM finish it was a great day in Destiny.

Any chance we'll be able to exchange Ass mats for something else? I'm approaching 400 shards and have no idea what to do with those?

blackflag

No it won't.

Mistakes like:

This is probably the single best news Ive heard regarding this game since its been released.

Top Bottom