• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a bad haul exotic-wise this week. So weird how some weeks I go without any exotics but then I get a week where I get a bunch of them. I guess that's RNG for ya.

This week's haul so far:

Gjallahorn (my 3rd)
Dragon's Breath
Vex Mythoclast
Monte Carlo (didn't have this one!)
Hard Light (didn't have this one either)

Still need to do one more HM Crota if I manage it.

I'm only missing Thorn, Invective, Truth, Necrochasm and Thunderlord.

Haybro

Totally random, but I wish there was a damage dealt stat at the end of missions/raids/whatever.

I think it'd be interesting to see the average ratio of damage dealt to kills.

Rehsa

Hmm, might buy Voidfang for the collection, or just start saving my coins. Back to watching the Star Wars and Batman vs Superman trailers until Doc throws up OT20

Tell me, do you bleed? You will
chills :)

Homeboyd

While we're waiting for the new OT, anyone have any new exotic upgrade/raid set ideas?

Speaking of exotics/raid gear, still rounding up ideas for new weapons/armor:

Exotic Weapons
- Weapon that causes enemy to briefly shoot at friendlies before he dies upon receiving "killshot" (homeboyd)

Exotic Armor
- Armor that allows for your character to deal ability damage (grenade, melee, super) in the 3rd element not otherwise available. Aka Titan can deal thermal damage with this exotic, hunter can deal void, or warlock could deal arc. (squid)
- Arc armor - a melee attack from an enemy damages them with arc (electrical) damage. Call them, No Seriously, Don't Touch Me. (ghaleon)
- Void gauntlets - nova grenades have a gravitational pull to them, sucking enemies toward the explosion like a mini-black hole (can't recall which grenade leaves the explosion in place for a while, but it would apply to that one) (ghaleon)
- Gunslinger - throwing knives stick into the opponent, doing damage over time and impeding their movement, momentarily. (Hard to run with a knife sticking out of your chest) (ghaleon)
- Boots - Landing from a jump or drop will cause a small AOE blast around you, damaging anyone or anything within close proximity. Small cooldown on effect. (homeboyd)

Raid Sets
- Titans VoG set - 4 PIECE SPECIAL EFFECT (3 piece?) - Shield of Glass - After using a Titans super, shields like the Hydras have circle your body for an X amount of time (breezylimbo)
- Titans Crota set - CROTAS RAGE! - When you use a super, for the next 15 seconds your fists glow with red, you lose the ability to use a weapon, instead your melee attack deals 300% bonus damage and you can attack faster with the use of both fists. (breezylimbo)

Also, I would like to see more quests similar to exotic bounties. Even if it was for legendary weapons. Raid bounties would also be excellent.

Atone13

Just hit 30! Ended up having to go ahead and buy the vanguard helm to do it, but finally got rid of my last blue piece. Wanted to give a shout out to Hawkian for my first CE raid, it was a great group and a lot of fun, thank you much.

LTWood12

So no blades of crota on patrols now? I have to go out of my way and do fist of crota over and over? I've given up on ever getting a Husk of the Pit at this point. Not a single one since TDB came out.

Deku Tree

So no blades of crota on patrols now? I have to go out of my way and do fist of crota over and over? I've given up on ever getting a Husk of the Pit at this point. Not a single one since TDB came out.

Do you have a crux?

You didn't ever farm the blades of Crota for 12 hours straight like Nami?

Everyone is guessing they wil be replaced by some HoW patrol thing in a few weeks.

Impala26

REALLY!?!

I haven't even played that much Destiny until like starting a month ago, and I've already picked up THREE.

I'm really hoping that whatever they add to the public world spaces that's House of Wolves related that they also add back in the Blades of Crota at some point again too.

wish i could give you one... i think i've told you before, but i get one every other week...
meanwhile, 4th Horseman, GH, and Suros never drop for me (i had to buy Suros)

LTWood12

Do you have a crux?

You didn't ever farm the blades of Crota for 12 hours straight like Nami?

Everyone is guessing they wil be replaced by some HoW patrol thing in a few weeks.

REALLY!?!

I haven't even played that much Destiny until like starting a month ago, and I've already picked up THREE.

I'm really hoping that whatever they add to the public world spaces that's House of Wolves related that they also add back in the Blades of Crota at some point again too.

wish i could give you one... i think i've told you before, but i get one every other week...
meanwhile, 4th Horseman, GH, and Suros never drop for me (i had to buy Suros)

Yes I have a Crux. Since the Nechrocasm sucks, I've never bothered to farm for the Husk because I figured it would just drop eventually on it's own from all the bounties and patrols I do.

Not a single fucking one. Thanks Rasengan :( I'd tried you my extra 4th Horseman and my 4th Gjally.

GhaleonEB

REALLY!?!

I think it's pretty clearly a bug. I'd expect it and a few others to be in a hot fix prior to HoW landing. I suspect that's one of the reasons it came out this far in advance of its release.

just read the weekly update. I thuoght you guys were kidding with the "All hail the purple ball" stuff.

DeeJ here!

I'M GLAD YOU LIKED OUR THE PURPLE BALL BoaT(Ball of all Time) MAY-MAY(meme)! Remember to go on twitter and #PurpleBall #PurpleBallisGod #PurpleBallSavior! REMEMBER THE NEXT TIME YOU GET SHARDS FROM A LEGENDARY ENGRAM THAT FEELS LIKE A SWIFT KICK IN THE NUTS, IT WAS YOU WHO HELPED BRING PURPLE BALLS TO LIFE!

Note:I am not DeeJ. This is satire. I imagine DeeJ to be screaming at a poor kid about how wrong he is when I read his weekly updates

Used the 4th horseman basically as my primary for a couple of roc strikes last night...my god is it silly. I couldn't stop laughing while using it.

I think sword breaker is better since the range is still ridiculously tiny on the horseman, but it's just so fun to use. I'm not sure if I'd ever use it during high level activities.

I got one nechro, one ally and 5 regular husks. It took 2 hours of straight farming the story mission to get my first one. nami took 12 hours. just sit your ass down and farm it. trust me you'll hate yourself for it and then begin haording them like a crazy person.

DeeJ here!

I'M GLAD YOU LIKED OUR THE PURPLE BALL BoaT(Ball of all Time) MAY-MAY(meme)! Remember to go on twitter and #PurpleBall #PurpleBallisGod #PurpleBallSavior! REMEMBER THE NEXT TIME YOU GET SHARDS FROM A LEGENDARY ENGRAM THAT FEELS LIKE A SWIFT KICK IN THE NUTS, IT WAS YOU WHO HELPED BRING PURPLE BALLS TO LIFE!

Note:I am not DeeJ. This is satire. I imagine DeeJ to be screaming at a poor kid about how wrong he is when I read his weekly updates

This isnt that far off from what was actually posted........ you cant force internet sensations Bungie, they have to come naturally. you should be hyping that jukebox!

Bradach

Used the 4th horseman basically as my primary for a couple of roc strikes last night...my god is it silly. I couldn't stop laughing while using it.

I think sword breaker is better since the range is still ridiculously tiny on the horseman, but it's just so fun to use. I'm not sure if I'd ever use it during high level activities.

I love shotguns for ROC, maybe weeklies. I feel like hicks getting into the APC in aliens when he blasts the alien trying to get in. classic stuff. You should be able to relate to that Hudson :)

But lightswitch and angry usually rule out boom sticks in NF's

Looking to do Crota HMx3 in a bit. Looking to start between 6.30 - 7.00 GMT, add yourself to the list if interested!

1. TearsOfBlood
2. EJRobinson90

Impala26

I think it's pretty clearly a bug. I'd expect it and a few others to be in a hot fix prior to HoW landing. I suspect that's one of the reasons it came out this far in advance of its release.

Well, if it is, it forces me (until it's fixed/changed) to stop dicking around with those Eris Bounties and just farm that Fist of Crota mission for the Blade Kills, Kill Hive with sword and even the rapidly kill Hive with special/heavy weapons bounties. You get them done pretty fast on that mission anyways.

This isnt that far off from what was actually posted........ you cant force internet sensations Bungie, they have to come naturally. you should be hyping that jukebox!

Me and some other folks were dancing around it by Xur this morning!

My favorite jams are the "bluegrass" Guardian theme and the Club Herrera Siege of Madrigal mix (from Reach).

Broman killed the gatelord in one shot! think ill use it on all bounty bosses now. one shotting bosses sounds crazy awesome

Well, if it is, it forces me (until it's fixed/changed) to stop dicking around with those Eris Bounties and just farm that Fist of Crota mission for the Blade Kills, Kill Hive with sword and even the rapidly kill Hive with special/heavy weapons bounties. You get them done pretty fast on that mission anyways.

Me and some other folks were dancing around it by Xur this morning!

My favorite jams are the "bluegrass" Guardian theme and the Club Herrera Siege of Madrigal mix (from Reach).

it sucks for lower level players doping the eris bounties thuogh. they cant access that story mission till thier over 20. I bet those bounties are good for leveling up young guardians. just more easy exp for the 1-20 grind

I love shotguns for ROC, maybe weeklies. I feel like hicks getting into the APC in aliens when he blasts the alien trying to get in. classic stuff. You should be able to relate to that Hudson :)

But lightswitch and angry usually rule out boom sticks in NF's

I can relate...rocs make me feel like a real bad ass when using a shotty.

Mindlog

It's kind of amusing how much Spongebob Turok has changed. Went in there with only 1 other Guardian on a Roc strike and we killed him before he crossed the room. Happened again the next time it came up.
Speaking of exotics/raid gear, still rounding up ideas for new weapons/armor:

Exotic Weapons
- Weapon that causes enemy to briefly shoot at friendlies before he dies upon receiving "killshot" (homeboyd)
Need a weapon that interacts with your super.
-Weapon gains damage bonus as super energy increases.

Deku Tree

IDK if they're trying to sell HoW coming up it's not clear if it's a bug or not. They may introduce some new HoW Arena Fallen "Gladiator's" showing up on patrol.... or something different and new anyway.

Maybe they will bring back a few Swords of Crota on patrol like on Archer's line showing up... but maybe they wont... IDK...

Clearly the Swords of Crota were a fun form of in game advertising for TDB on patrol and if they're gearing up for HoW now then maybe something new from HoW is on the way to invade our patrol spaces.

Right! Unless Drizz starts us off a bit earlier...

Nah, I'm sitting here messing with the OT20 OP and waiting patiently. I think OTs should reach close to 20k posts before starting the next one.

New OP will suck at first so be patient DGAF, it'll take a minute to update the new wall of shame, add the Xbox player list, etc. Eventually I want to add a few extra things as well.

Same. My first Ghorn, the last exotic I needed. <3 OT 19.

And your second one!

CCzp84eUUAAc5Hm.jpg:large

Bonus: Look closely for a humorous Guardian-"EasterEgg"... related to the 0:29 count down timer.

lt519

Clearly the Swords of Crota were a fun form of in game advertising for TDB on patrol and if they're gearing up for HoW now then maybe something new from HoW is on the way to invade our patrol spaces.

I'd like for it to be more deadly though. Put some level 33 enemies in there that are deadly if you engage but reward you with a blue engram or something if you succeed in landing the killing blow. Lower levels can just ignore it but give something juicy for end game players to do in patrols. The swords were boring after the initial 'what the hell is going on' reaction everyone got the first time they saw it. It became a race to see who could kill them fastest and pick up the sword.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
shout out to Xur for getting me my first ever worthwhile hand cannon <3

Homeboyd

Can't wait for the upgrades.

365 Fatebringer - Arc
365 Praedyth's Revenge - Void
365 Gjallarhorn - Solar

GOAT loadout.

Also acceptable:

365 Vision - Solar
365 Swordbreaker - Void
365 Thunderlord - Arc

and of course,

365 Fatebringer - Arc
365 Ice Breaker - Solar
365 Corrective Measure - Void

Not sure which I'm going with. If they fix Black Hammer, I'll consider it.

Can't wait for the upgrades.

365 Fatebringer - Arc
365 Praedyth's Revenge - Void
365 Gjallarhorn - Solar

GOAT loadout.

Also acceptable:

365 Vision - Solar
365 Swordbreaker - Void
365 Thunderlord - Arc

and of course,

365 Fatebringer - Arc
365 Ice Breaker - Solar
365 Corrective Measure - Void

Not sure which I'm going with. If they fix Black Hammer, I'll consider it.

Are they gonna have upgrade paths or are we gonna have to do the updated raids and get them as drops? The latter makes more sense since there's no new raid with HoW

Also, in January Deej said the Vex would be "frozen in time" with the VOG and would not be upgraded like other exotics. So at that point they had no intentions of having upgraded VOG weapons

Homeboyd

Are they gonna have upgrade paths or are we gonna have to do the updated raids and get them as drops? The latter makes more sense since there's no new raid with HoW
We don't know until next Wednesday for sure when they reveal this process, but I'll absolutely bet that it will not be "updated raids".. rather, you will upgrade your existing gear by some means. At what cost? Not sure. But it will not be cheap.

Edit: Top of LAST PAGE

3TVXnxV.jpg

Bow down to the IB messiah.

(credit to captscience for making this)

my -preffered loadouts will be
arc burn
FB 365
ldr5001 365
trlord 365

void burn
word of crota 365
pradeths R 365
Truth 365

solar
VOC 365
BH 365
Ghorn 365

cant wait to upgrade all this stuff

Also, in January Deej said the Vex would be "frozen in time" with the VOG and would not be upgraded like other exotics. So at that point they had no intentions of having upgraded VOG weapons

heres my best guess

PoE is going to give tokens that you can take to a vendor at the reef that will upgrade an item you have. you can also use the tokens to buy new gear from HoW that will already be upgraded. This is going to be in leiu of random drops.

This fixes common complants with:
1. RNG not giving you the peice of gear you need (better than the CE smart loot)
2. to quote "not invalidate the hard work of VOG raiders"
3. everyone one can use any peice of armor and look the way they want to.

how the actual upgrade process will work has yet to be seen but I am assuming its going to cost more than the aforementioned token. maybe something like this

1 PoE token
50 shards or energies
5k glimmer

exotics and new special items will still be RNG after certain phases of PoE

Upgrade paths. We should get more details on Wednesday.

Bungie Weekly Update said:
Wednesday, April 22nd
Walking tour of the The Reef, with a live discussion about the upgrade paths for your gear.

I don't think they'll introduce higher level VoG raids. Not with HoW anyway. Maybe at a later date (in between HoW and Comet?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom