• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Im glad I made it to the wall of shame, seeing as how Im ashamed I dropped playing Bloodborne for destiny o:
Tonight's gonna be a big Bloodborne night for me. Was having too much fun in Destiny on wednesday to play at all and then after raiding last night I wound getting a headache like 15 minutes after we killed Crota and just crashed. Must hunt!

This is going to go down as one of the greatest weeks ever

1. started with a HoW trailer
2. then a new Star Wars trailer
3. my wife had a melenoma scare but just found out today everything is fine
4.I just got a voicemail from the recruiter of a job I applied for last month statting she has good news and asked me to email to schedule a phone call to talk about it. (this might be premature happiness)
5. my sons 3rd birthday is on Monday
6. we hit OT 20!

if I can talk my wife into going out for steak tonight. This will go down as one of the best 7 day stretches ever!

Atone13

The player with the checkpoint lost it..

lol, no worries. I should be around for a while yet if anything pops up.

Tonight's gonna be a big Bloodborne night for me. Was having too much fun in Destiny on wednesday to play at all and then after raiding last night I wound getting a headache like 15 minutes after we killed Crota and just crashed. Must hunt!

It must have been all those revives on me, wore you out!

This is going to go down as one of the greatest weeks ever

1. started with a HoW trailer
2. then a new Star Wars trailer
3. my wife had a melenoma scare but just found out today everything is fine
4.I just got a voicemail from the recruiter of a job I applied for last month statting she has good news and asked me to email to schedule a phone call to talk about it. (this might be premature happiness)
5. my sons 3rd birthday is on Monday
6. we hit OT 20!

if I can talk my wife into going out for steak tonight. This will go down as one of the best 7 day stretches ever!

Congratulations.

haha posted link from OT19 just in time... still working on OP. Feedback is welcome!

I cant see half of what you posted due to my work filters! fix it

kidding

Omg, Battlefront has Titan bubbles!

whatched the trailer and was like HYPE!
then saw a series of vids from IGN on youtube with titles such as:
battlefront does not have a single player campaign
battlefront does not have space battles

HYpe deflating..........

Haybro

Glad to see the correct OT name won out. Nice work Drizz.

Now to start grinding out factions just short of the level up for HoW.

GhaleonEB

I'll only do this once: To be a negative Nancy: I'm very excited for HoW - it will be a better expansion than TDB - and this should be a fun OT. I just wish some of that was reflected in the title; it sets a negative tone for what is going to be a hopefully fun period of time. [/rant]

Engram trick didn't work for me.

18 blue engrams.
1 legendary engram.

Turned into 2 ass energy.

image.php

D:

I'll only do this once: To be a negative Nancy: I'm very excited for HoW - it will be a better expansion than TDB - and this should be a fun OT. I just wish some of that was reflected in the title; it sets a negative tone for what is going to be a hopefully fun period of time. [/rant]

I think its kind of cheeky and I dont think its mean spirited. it was much better than the void burn one which was mean spirited. I also think that HoW will be more fun and its going to get us thruogh the summer drought

Lnkn52

You don't have to see it as a negative title.

More like; why no raid? ; Answer: We got Horde mode, other funzies, DGAF community etc…

It's what you make of it.

We're all excited, but until we get more info, there is no way to know if it will be better. I wish some of that was reflected in the PR. If we had some fun news, then we could have a fun title (I actually think that title is fun by the way). Even DeeJ couldn't come up with anything more fun than the ball.

/rebuttal

Drizz started off the OT in style with a Team 1st Try!
After that typical Crota shenanigans and insane lag.

Thanks for running the sword Drizzay!

Great OT Drizz!

Over the last couple weeks I've decrypted a full set of Titan gear. The thing is, I only have two characters and none of them are a Titan.

I think the game is trying to tell me something...

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone. More OP updates to come.

Drizzay come run sword!

Dat new OT, awesome.

Drizzy, invited you in case you are up for some sword running! If not, anyone else interested in a Crota HM? 1 spot open!

A #T1T kill, a Scrotastic kill, and a 3rd one somewhere in between. Sounds about right... GG everyone!

Drizz started off the OT in style with a Team 1st Try!
After that typical Crota shenanigans and insane lag.

Thanks for running the sword Drizzay!

lol yep, pretty much. Happy to help!

noomi

so uh, any crota hard or atheon hard groups going on that need a sword runner?

*edit*

going to play some GTA meanwhile, if you need me shoot me a msg on PSN, noomi85. I'll get the notification on my phone.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Pshhh, raids are cool but I'm stoked as hell for Destiny to get a Firefight mode. I hope they make it hard, with survival being the ultimate objective.

Great OT Drizz!

Over the last couple weeks I've decrypted a full set of Titan gear. The thing is, I only have two characters and none of them are a Titan.

I think the game is trying to tell me something...
That's exactly what happened to me. I started getting Legendary and Exotic Hunter gear, and told myself I'd start a Hunter once I got a full set. Ran through my first raid with her last night, felt weird/good.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It must have been all those revives on me, wore you out!
hahah. Man, you're too hard on yourself. I don't think I even remember you dying at Crota despite your 29-iness.
I am :)

PSN is The-Endgame my avatar is Solid Snake :)
On thursday there will be a newbie Vault of Glass raid if you make it to 26 and wanna join!
A title is just a title, and those things come and go. It's really your essence and your values that are important.
We're all excited, but until we get more info, there is no way to know if it will be better. I wish some of that was reflected in the PR. If we had some fun news, then we could have a fun title (I actually think that title is fun by the way). Even DeeJ couldn't come up with anything more fun than the ball.

/rebuttal
While the lack of a raid and six-player cooperative content is rightfully disappointing to many, there is something to be said for a new kind of endgame activity, especially when it comes to tending the kind of hours people are willing to keep (or unable to stop) sinking into this game.

A more salient bit in terms of morale: we know the Exotic upgrade system will be altered based on community feedback, and we know that in some way at least VoG weapons will apparently be upgradeable for the first time. Executed in a decent way these will be sources of fun discussion in this OT.

Finally, what DeeJ can come up with given his unbridled imagination and what Deej is allowed to say publically on any given week are very different things.

/nuance

That's exactly what happened to me. I started getting Legendary and Exotic Hunter gear, and told myself I'd start a Hunter once I got a full set. Ran through my first raid with her last night, felt weird/good.

I've had this game since launch. Had only one character until about February when I said screw it and made a Warlock. Never thought I'd make a third, but this recent acquisition of Titan gear has me thinking I should, at least before HoW comes.. Just not excited about that pre-level 20 grind...ugh.

To think there was a point in time not too long ago where I told myself I'd never make 3 characters cause I wouldn't have the free time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom