• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Yayyy.

Noob question time:

When is the Iron Banner?

We're all excited, but until we get more info, there is no way to know if it will be better. I wish some of that was reflected in the PR. If we had some fun news, then we could have a fun title (I actually think that title is fun by the way). Even DeeJ couldn't come up with anything more fun than the ball.

/rebuttal

Were just going to have to come up with our own 6 player activity. anyone want to run VOG? and by VOG I mean who wants to go to Venus in a 6 man team and race around the whole map

Impala26

Were just going to have to come up with our own 6 player activity. anyone want to run VOG? and by VOG I mean who wants to go to Venus in a 6 man team and race around the whole map

I'm telling you man, SPARROW RACES!
Throw in some powerups and you've got some next-gen sci-fi Mario Kart action right there!

does this image make anyone else hysterical?

el76MQG.png

imagine the xur rush

Also, disappointed at title. "Prison of Elders" or bust.

My apologies, but I'm a dum-dum and didn't understand the meaning of this one. I know it had good community feedback so I posted asking for someone to explain it to me like I was a 5th grader, haha, but I never saw any replies... Depending on how fast this OT moves, it could be a good candidate for OT21!

I'll only do this once: To be a negative Nancy: I'm very excited for HoW - it will be a better expansion than TDB - and this should be a fun OT. I just wish some of that was reflected in the title; it sets a negative tone for what is going to be a hopefully fun period of time. [/rant]

In the same post, I talked about exactly this issue but didn't hear any responses as to why this title is supposed to be so negative. I'm very excited for HoW which is why the title contains excitement to me: "HoW Comes" = exciting. But there's also apprehension about the lack of any raid or even 6-person PvE activity. In fact, the title's sentiment is not dissimilar from a line in Urk's update:

House of Wolves will not have a Raid activity. We didn't make this decision lightly.

DGAF is a democracy and this one had the most votes between posts here and people I talked to while playing. I'd reserve a "veto" for something I felt was out of line (e.g. |OT$20|) but otherwise I'll go with the community consensus. Sorry Ghaleon, but I wish you would have followed up with a more detailed explanation before the OT was made.

hydruxo

Yasss let the hunt begin

Watching the Battlefront trailer today makes me wish Destiny let you actually fly ships/planes

Tonight's gonna be a big Bloodborne night for me. Was having too much fun in Destiny on wednesday to play at all and then after raiding last night I wound getting a headache like 15 minutes after we killed Crota and just crashed. Must hunt!

I should have a bloodborne night lol. Its just that since getting back into destiny Ive been having alotta fun @_@ maybe now that HoW is coming, a break to play BB isnt a bad idea..

As for the title, we can make it fun by...

lOTl HoW comes, no Raid? Prisoners steal! (Or 'Prisoners Escape!' instead)

._. I triiied

mfn_pie

Great OT Drizz!

Over the last couple weeks I've decrypted a full set of Titan gear. The thing is, I only have two characters and none of them are a Titan.

I think the game is trying to tell me something...

Started with a Titan, then I got a whole bunch of gear for a Warlock. Got the Warlock to 27 (just need mats), and now Hunter gear is dropping for me, Xur's chest engram decrypted to Alpha Lupi. Man I was pissed at first because it would have been the 4th dropped in a few weeks. Yes. I think the game is telling us something.

Question time. Since the Titan bubble is 3d and basically goes through objects, when shooting rockets to get Crota's shield down, would a weapons of light bubble in the crystal room right behind the guardians help to deal extra damage? Has anyone tried this?

Namikaze1

I have nothing better to do so anyone up for Nightfall? Need to run it 3 times.

It was a close race... and there might have been some stat padding going on... but Namikaze1 still has the most posts in a Destiny OT... but not by much... :p

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Namikaze1 1,063

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

DeathJr 1,057

But 94% of those Nami posts were utter nonsense or just random stuff. "Going to do a nightfall." "Might go try some patrols on the Moon." "I like this pulse rifle." Those shouldn't count imo.
Like this one? :p

Jk

Wait a minute! Never did the words "I like this pulse rifle" came from me! I hate them!

Edit: the hell? Where did the extra 20 grimoire points came from?

I've had this game since launch. Had only one character until about February when I said screw it and made a Warlock. Never thought I'd make a third, but this recent acquisition of Titan gear has me thinking I should, at least before HoW comes.. Just not excited about that pre-level 20 grind...ugh.

To think there was a point in time not too long ago where I told myself I'd never make 3 characters cause I wouldn't have the free time.
Same here, I was really dreading the pre-level 20 grind. I spaced it out over a long time and it was a lot smoother. Did a bunch of bounties, stashed my rare engrams from the other 2 characters for the Hunter to decrypt, and only stuck to the story missions I absolutely had to do. It was less painful than it was for my 2nd character.

You could be narmer and have no horn.
Or me and week 32 and have no hawkmoon.

Be happy your you macello, the only guy that can syill teabag and make me laugh about it

Yeah, that would suck to not have a Horn... especially when it's the only exotic in the game you don't have. Anyone complaining about not getting the crux should be perma-banned
(not really)
. Oh, you don't have the Nechrocasm? How do you even play Destiny?

Oh, and that new OT smell? Still smells like another metric fuck-ton of disappointment for me. Can't wait...

Same here, I was really dreading the pre-level 20 grind. I spaced it out over a long time and it was a lot smoother. Did a bunch of bounties, stashed my rare engrams from the other 2 characters for the Hunter to decrypt, and only stuck to the story missions I absolutely had to do. It was less painful than it was for my 2nd character.
Pre-charging alts in Crucible is a must for me. That way I can blow through the campaign at the higher difficulties.

Homeboyd

High-Five to XBoners!
Let me know if there's something else to change or add to the OP.
I think you got it. I also edited my first post to include the links again.

Yeah, that would suck to not have a Horn... especially when it's the only exotic in the game you don't have. Anyone complaining about not getting the crux should be perma-banned
(not really)
. Oh, you don't have the Nechrocasm? How do you even play Destiny?

Oh, and that new OT smell? Still smells like another metric fuck-ton of disappointment for me. Can't wait...
I really can't wait to see your reaction vid when it drops for you. Better record that shit.

Impala26

Pre-charging alts in Crucible is a must for me. That way I can blow through the campaign at the higher difficulties.

Ughhh...

How does one Crucible when their character is only in the single-digit levels?
You aren't getting your **** pushed in every match?

Guess I should have kept playing to get coins, no way I am going to get 13 coins before Last Word is gone.

What's your character situation look like Daedy?
Buddy and me had a level 30 weekly strike to do tonight.
Also someone else pointed out that the fourth gold chest on Mars has a single coin guaranteed.

daedalius

Ughhh...

What's your character situation look like Daedy?
Buddy and me had a level 30 weekly strike to do tonight.

I actually did the weekly last night with 2 terribly randys.

No idea how I can get more coins. Last word is like the only exotic I actually want.

I think I got all the chests on Mars already. But that would still only put me at 11 :p and Last word costs 23.

What is going on here?

very nice OT. the best advice stayed, I am humbled

Thanks Hawk!

Gotta represent in the OP Deku, Hawk posted the line about Hunters originally so I wanted to preserve it for posterity even if it might not be my personal preference (hence H. Mem. Ed.)

That's a strange way to spell Titan.

You had one job, Drizzay!

Obviously people that know me know I'd recommend Titan to a new player. But Hunter is a very respectable selection as well. More importantly, some kind of "Class/Subclass Advice" breakdown might be a nice OP addition eventually.

Wow OT 20 by month 7 of release. I may not be as active as i once was but i'll be around.

We miss you Pwn! A few less active DGAF'ers here, from November:

CC0hqM7UkAAPypa.jpg:large

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Like this one? :p

Jk

Wait a minute! Never did the words "I like this pulse rifle" came from me! I hate them!

Edit: the hell? Where did the extra 20 grimoire points came from?

Everyone likes pulse rifles! They sound so futuristic.

I actually did the weekly last night with 2 terribly randys.

No idea how I can get more coins. Last word is like the only exotic I actually want.

I think I got all the chests on Mars already. But that would still only put me at 11 :p and Last word costs 23.

You only want a B-Tier Exotic? Something tells me you'll change your tune very shortly... unless you only play PvP and nothing else.

daedalius

You only want a B-Tier Exotic? Something tells me you'll change your tune very shortly... unless you only play PvP and nothing else.

It has the shit that I like on a primary weapon, hip fire, etc. And yea, I would like it for pvp, for sure.

I don't know why its b-tier, but I don't pay attention to the meta in destiny much either.

You only need about 5 matches or so to be sufficiently overleveled. I usually play Rumble. It helps if you hold onto that white level 1 rocket launcher, too, so you can immediately enjoy heavy ammo.

You only need about 5 matches or so to be sufficiently overleveled. I usually play Rumble. It helps if you hold onto that white level 1 rocket launcher, too, so you can immediately enjoy heavy ammo.

Had so much fun in the crucible as a Baby Titan. Just a shotty and my bubble. Unbelievable how many ppl will walk into a bubble after seeing someone do so and get blasted in the face.

Grinding early levels in crucible (if u like PvP) really does speed up the process.

Gala

Thanks to all the great gaffers who raided today with me! Thanks to Ruthles, Nooblet, Matt and the guys for the Crota and the Atheon kills and for the group with Drizz, Tears, Robinson who let me in for HM, even my fresh Titan who grabbed his first HM items like a true scrublord from his ship and never saw the boss.

I really appreciate it! Thank you guys <3

the last word is god tier in pvp. only thorn and hawkmoon compete, and the 3 of them are head and shoulders above everything else.

if you're using it in pve though, you're probably not going to like it. i remember afro used to use it in vault of glass, lol

LTWood12

Sweet will be down for that!

Also...

EZCMBYFh.jpg

Yay my first exotic! :D

went from 25 to 27 due to that and the legendary gloves that i got!

Looking Good! Looked you up on Bnet. If you were to max the gear you're wearing in that picture it would get you to 29. I see your helmet is a vanilla legendary w/ a max light level of 27, so you should work toward trying to purchase a helmet from the Vanguard (Ikora Rey).

Your blue boots max at 15 light. Try spending some time in the Strike Playlist (Vanguard Roc), and you'll probably earn some better blue boots as a reward (Max light 20/21). Plus you'll be earning marks and rep toward buying gear.

These two things would get you to 30, then you're on the home stretch of raid RNG.

daedalius

the last word is god tier in pvp. only thorn and hawkmoon compete, and the 3 of them are head and shoulders above everything else.

if you're using it in pve though, you're probably not going to like it

I don't get on for much other than to screw around in crucible, so it would be nice to have.

No idea how I'm going to get that many coins though.

Deku Tree

My apologies, but I'm a dum-dum and didn't understand the meaning of this one. I know it had good community feedback so I posted asking for someone to explain it to me like I was a 5th grader, haha, but I never saw any replies... Depending on how fast this OT moves, it could be a good candidate for OT21!

Wait so does "Prison of Elders" mean anything to the OT title other than being the name of the "battle Arena" thing?

if you're using it in pve though, you're probably not going to like it. i remember afro used to use it in vault of glass, lol

I don't get on for much other than to screw around in crucible, so it would be nice to have.

No idea how I'm going to get that many coins though.

Yeah, it's top-tier in PvP and C-tier in PvE. Hence my average of B-tier unless you are spending basically all of your time in PvP.

It's just not going to get the job done in higher level PvE. Once you pick up a Fatebringer or Hawkmoon, I think you'll change your mind. But maybe not, your opinion is your opinion. I was just saying that you shouldn't only want TLW, let alone any exotic. You'll benefit most from having a suite of exotics to choose from depending on the situation.

Thanks to all the great gaffers who raided today with me! Thanks to Ruthles, Nooblet, Matt and the guys for the Crota and the Atheon kills and for the group with Drizz, Tears, Robinson who let me in for HM, even my fresh Titan who grabbed his first HM items like a true scrublord from his ship and never saw the boss.

I really appreciate it! Thank you guys <3

Yeah no problem man!
I think we saw the real Scrublord performing on his stage in the second run.

Impala26

It has the shit that I like on a primary weapon, hip fire, etc. And yea, I would like it for pvp, for sure.

I don't know why its b-tier, but I don't pay attention to the meta in destiny much either.

If you don't have a second character, consider making one. Make it the same class as your current one (Titan, yes?). If you do that, once you hit level 20 you can literally jump to the same level as you main character by moving the armors over via that vault (I use the companion app or B.net because that's WAYYY faster). You can also move weapons over the same way.

Once you do all that, do the weekly for the second character (I would be happy to help) for another 9 coins. One of the missions of the game guarantees a coin, and then you have the gold chests on Mars again for the other character for literally 11 guaranteed coins you need.

Grindy, yes (YOUR FAVORITE!) but totally doable in a solid maybe 6-8 hours total. And you've got all the way until 5am/2am (EST/PST) Sunday morning to do that. The bounties help get XP a METRIC *** TON in terms of time.

daedalius

Yeah, it's top-tier in PvP and C-tier in PvE. Hence my average of B-tier unless you are spending basically all of your time in PvP.

It's just not going to get the job done in higher level PvE. Once you pick up a Fatebringer or Hawkmoon, I think you'll change your mind. But maybe not, your opinion is your opinion. I was just saying that you shouldn't only want TLW, let alone any exotic. You'll benefit most from having a suite of exotics to choose from depending on the situation.

Well, I can't actually pick up Hawkmoon for "reasons"

I hear it only drops on PS4s.

If you don't have a second character, consider making one. Make it the same class as your current one (Titan, yes?). If you do that, once you hit level 20 you can literally jump to the same level as you main character by moving the armors over via that vault (I use the companion app or B.net because that's WAYYY faster). You can also move weapons over the same way.

Once you do all that, do the weekly for the second character (I would be happy to help) for another 9 coins. One of the missions of the game guarantees a coin, and then you have the gold chests on Mars again for the other character for literally 11 guaranteed coins you need.

Grindy, yes (YOUR FAVORITE!) but totally doable in a solid maybe 6-8 hours total. And you've got all the way until 5am/2am (EST/PST) Sunday morning to do that. The bounties help get XP a METRIC *** TON in terms of time.

You make it all sound so appealing.

vctor182

Ahh what a good day!
-New OT
-Crota normal drops 2nd Monte Carlo
-Hard Atheon drops 2nd Red Death
-Hard Crota drops the hand cannon

Crota is much easier after the patch, we took him down in 2 swords on hard.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I've been wanting a solid hand cannon for forever and am stoked to finally get one. I prefer PvP over PvE usually, and was getting really sick of dying to the Last Word and Thorn without being able to return the favor...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom