• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

GhaleonEB

Don't give up, I got my first one 2 weeks ago from gorgon chest. Then another one last weekend from a NF. They are out there!

At this point the only places it will drop that I'm still playing are Nightfalls and the PoE chests. So it's still possible - but I think it's very unlikely. At this point I'm no longer hoping for it, but it would be a nice surprise.

E92 M3

At this point the only places it will drop that I'm still playing are Nightfalls and the PoE chests. So it's still possible - but I think it's very unlikely. At this point I'm no longer hoping for it, but it would be a nice surprise.

They key is to never hope for anything.

Kyoufu

I'll trade my spare Gjally for The Last Word.

I wasn't around when it was sold by Xur and I get the feeling it won't be sold again. :(

Every time I get any motes of light, I try and reroll my Ash Factor in hopes of getting the perfect perks

If I don't get a Gally to compensate for this disease I fear the worst....
Ash Factory is supposed to be better for PvP, if that's any solace to you. Gjallarhorn takes up that exotic slot, which would be better occupied by one of the triumverate exotic HCs....

Unflinching has a very small effect at any rate and it's even smaller with Ambush. Ambush increases stability and weapon handling though so it's still a good option. It's my personal favorite sight.

Most people prefer Shortgaze though. It's got the same zoom as Ambush, reduced stability and weapon handling but increases aim assistance and wiggles less when you strafe (also cooperates a bit more with Unflinching).

That's a really good PvP roll, but it's all a matter of preference at the end of the day. Try them both out and let us know :)

My personal favorites are Ambush, Snapshot and Double Down (have this on my LDR). A lot of people vouch for Sortgaz/Hidden Hand/Unflinching. I have that roll on my Benevolence but always come back to my LDR. Without Snapshot I feel sluggish and the extra ammo from Double Down is hard to pass up.

My point is, play around with different stuff. You might end up with a very different preference than the so called Tier 1 rolls :)

I was using my Supremacy in trials this weekend. Double down, field scout, and short gaze. No unflinching but better base stats than my benevolence and starting with 24 rounds.

Variks: Gauntlets: Chance to generate orbs when killing Fallen with melee, Increased reload speed with special weapons, Increased grenade throw distance
- Hunter: 106 Intellect
- Titan: 53 Discipline/53 Strength
- Warlock: 114 Discipline

The weapon is Shadow of Veils (bonus dmg to shanks, magazine refilled when super is cast)

I can't see what Vance is selling through Bungie.net though.

Those warlock gauntlets should be good for my alt.

Vance's wares are not up until 1 EST.

You 'mericans and your crazy 'merican times. BST fo lyfe!

Xur has sold TLW four times. It will be back.

By the Nine, I hope you're right. This week, please. I need a second one desperately for my alt and a third one for safekeeping.

zewone

Every time I get any motes of light, I try and reroll my Ash Factor in hopes of getting the perfect perks

If I don't get a Gally to compensate for this disease I fear the worst....

Truth
The Fear
Admonisher III
Tomorrow's Answer
Radegast's Fury

All of those are better PVP rockets better than Gjallarhorn.

Nightfall haul: Dragon's Breath on Warlock, Arachnid on Hunter, and Khepri's Sting on Titan... just wanted Bones of Ea and was joking that Hunter exotics can drop on Titan and then... Trolled!

Dynedom

Wonder if I'll finally get Visions and Fatebringer before Taken King drops. :(

If not, I'll be like the only guy who went 1 year on this fucking game without them.

Truth
The Fear
Admonisher III
Tomorrow's Answer
Radegast's Fury

I hear people say this all the time, but what actually makes them better? Those wolf pack rounds are hard to beat, and I've also heard that grenades and horseshoes is a hidden perk on the Gjally. Tomorrow's Answer is pretty pimp, I'll admit that.

Indeed it is.

They could just make the Elimination mode a permanent playlist to fill the void between the weekends.
Yeah, I wish elimination was always available during the week. I want to be able to use my strangers rifle, and if I run into guys with final round, my Gozen C with final round :) plus having matchmaking and never having to go back to the reef...

Edit: plus I don't really like leveling up my weapons, for instance I got all the perks on my Vex but still a good ways to go on maxing damage.

I just ran Crota solo to practise for a flawless run. Anyone that wants to for a flawless run with me on ps4? Preferably someone that can run the sword.
Also, What would be the best number for a flawless fireteam? I'm thinking 2 or 3.

It will drop from nowhere thats for sure.

The distribution of Xûr weapon sales since launch (sorted first by most frequent, then by most recent):

Plan C - 4
Red Death - 4
MIDA Multi Tool - 4
The Last Word - 4
Truth - 4
Ice Breaker - 4

Universal Remote - 3
Hard Light - 3
Patience and Time - 3
SUROS Regime - 3
Dragon's Breath - 3
No Land Beyond - 3

Thunderlord - 1
Gjallarhorn - 1

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
They really need to move trials to a full time event. It's the most fun mode in destiny right now

Yeah. I can see why they want it to be a special thing for the weekends and that's cool, if it was run all week it'd probably be too easy by the end to get to Mercury with everyone who cares already done for the week.

But I do wish there were some sort of tryhard PvP mode for the rest of the week. I can only take so much bullet sponge PoE nonsense.

I hear people say this all the time, but what actually makes them better? Those wolf pack rounds are hard to beat, and I've also heard that grenades and horseshoes is a hidden perk on the Gjally. Tomorrow's Answer is pretty pimp, I'll admit that.

Wolf pack rounds hit for like 5 damage in PvP. If the initial blast doesn't kill someone it's unlikely they will. GHorn does have really good velocity, but a max velocity Radegast hits like a Golden Gun, that you can hip fire, inaccurately and still get kills.

nOoblet16 said:
Y u no join ladies of the strong back ??

Dunno. Ruthless showed me two clans, and I thought An international type clan would worked better. I remember being that the members in strong backs were more PvP oriented, something I suck at.

Regarding yesterday, I was stupid enough to uninstall the game to avoid relapsing during the break. I had 6 gb of slow download and I sat down to watch some streams... Why do people have to play crap music in the background? Ended falling asleep while watching a Double Dragon one. I don't even know if is downloaded by now.

Also, trying to make a list of what I got on Sunday between Xur, Nightfall and the Raid:

-Claws of Akamhara (exotic gauntlets)
- Wearable Collider
- Fear Eater
- An Insurmountable skullfort
- A lot of Ascendant Energy / Shard

- Not a single weapon, although I'm starting to have a little collection of helmets I can't wear because I don't have a Lvl. 20 Titan or Hunter

Yeah. I can see why they want it to be a special thing for the weekends and that's cool, if it was run all week it'd probably be too easy by the end to get to Mercury with everyone who cares already done for the week.

But I do wish there were some sort of tryhard PvP mode for the rest of the week. I can only take so much bullet sponge PoE nonsense.

Make the IB a regular event

Ikkarus

Truth
The Fear
Admonisher III
Tomorrow's Answer
Radegast's Fury

Agreed.

Truth is the best PVP rocket launcher in the game. It's highly aggressive tracking is insane:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ui2sM2lJCmU

It holds 3 rockets it's velocity and blast radius is great and it has proximity too. Lovely!

The only downside to the RL is the fact it's an exotic which is why people go for the other RL's listed.

What you could do is swap it in when heavy ammo is due to pop and then fire away and then swap back when you die or run out of rockets.

Ophelion

I paid out an unhealthy number of motes of light to Xur over the weekend, looking to get The Ram for my warlock. I ran through my whole stock and got a few exotic helmets I didn't have before, but no joy. Then, after taking my brother through VoG for his very first time (got Vision of Confluence on his very first run, the bastard) I realized I had enough shards from the raid that I could trade them in for motes and try one last time. It was a half hour till Xur was going to pack it up, so I figured take a leap of faith, right?

He gave me The Ram.

*sings* There can be miracles when you Believe...

I'm gunna pair it with Red Death and go full vampire Warlock. After all, what is a Warlock, but a miserable pile of secrets?

The distribution of Xûr weapon sales since launch (sorted first by most frequent, then by most recent):

Plan C - 4
Red Death - 4
MIDA Multi Tool - 4
The Last Word - 4
Truth - 4
Ice Breaker - 4

Universal Remote - 3
Hard Light - 3
Patience and Time - 3
SUROS Regime - 3
Dragon's Breath - 3
No Land Beyond - 3

Thunderlord - 1
Gjallarhorn - 1

Hmm, I see a preferential weighting there. RNG my ass.

Nightfall drops
1) Sunbreakers, my first since all my Warlock gear went bye bye. Not quite the RAM but it works. SOLAR FLARE!
2) ONE/ONE synthesis or whatever.
3) insurmountable skullfort / exotic shard.

Nothing Mannacles and the RAM are my main wants.

Now, to take a nap.

nOoblet16

Agreed.

Truth is the best PVP rocket launcher in the game. It's highly aggressive tracking is insane:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ui2sM2lJCmU

It holds 3 rockets it's velocity and blast radius is great and it has proximity too. Lovely!

The only downside to the RL is the fact it's an exotic which is why people go for the other RL's listed.

What you could do is swap it in when heavy ammo is due to pop and then fire away and then swap back when you die or run out of rockets.
That's not really how it tracks though, that's more of a glitch. The aggressive tracking is not that aggressive :p

noomi

The truth is awesome, and yes I'm one of those guys that swaps to it during heavy round... depending on the map :D

matmanx1

Ash Factory is supposed to be better for PvP, if that's any solace to you. Gjallarhorn takes up that exotic slot, which would be better occupied by one of the triumverate exotic HCs....

Yeah I'm curious what makes one legendary rocket launcher better for PVP than another. I have a Radegast's Fury with tracking and an Admonisher III and they both seem pretty equally effective. As long as the blast radius is large and tracking is present they should get the job done, right?

What, exactly, is handgrenades and horsehoes?

I got an Ash Factory from last IB but did not level it up because of already having the other launchers.

zewone

Velocity > Wolfpack Rounds

All of those except maybe Admonisher will have a higher velocity than the Horn.

If you're using G&H correctly, your opponent should be dead on impact leaving no need for wolfpack rounds.
------------

In other news, I went back to using the Hawkmoon this weekend and I really missed it. I'm trying to avoid going full scumbag using a Thorn.

2EDtqN1.gif

hydruxo

Yeah I'm curious what makes one legendary rocket launcher better for PVP than another. I have a Radegast's Fury with tracking and an Admonisher III and they both seem pretty equally effective. As long as the blast radius is large and tracking is present they should get the job done, right?

I got an Ash Factory from last IB but did not level it up because of already having the other launchers.

Grenades & Horseshoes is ideal for PVP because it gives you proximity detonation, essentially allowing you to shoot a rocket near an enemy and still get kills even if it's not a direct hit. If you don't have G&H, you've pretty much got to hit them dead on in most cases to get a kill.

Ramirez

Horseshoes makes it blow up when it gets in close vicinity to your target, so much better than tracking on a Legendary RL.

Top Bottom