• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Oh boy! Tuesday morning - what's the Nightfall, I wonder?

DAGKODP.gif

...no burn.

Great. Yay :\

Sentient I just saw you post but looks like you found another group. Gonna run NF again in a min and 1 more after that. Room for 1.

Loving the wall of shame. My lurking status remains intact for another OT!

Has anyone else started getting factions to a few XP from the next level and hoarding public event packages ready for the taken king?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Holy shit a new OT, really? I missed like the last 30 pages of 25...

What's wrong with you people anyway? You sit here, playing Destiny, talking about Destiny, complaining about Destiny, joking about Destiny. Don't you know you could be doing more productive things with your time? Are you simply addicted? Don't you know there are starving children somewhere right now? That's right. The conclusion you have drawn from context is correct. Playing Destiny causes children to starve. How dare you.

I haven't played in almost two weeks cause of complications moving into my new place and I am missing it badly, and about to go on a trip aaaaaah

LTWood12

Holy shit a new OT, really? I missed like the last 30 pages of 25...

What's wrong with you people anyway? You sit here, playing Destiny, talking about Destiny, complaining about Destiny, joking about Destiny. Don't you know you could be doing more productive things with your time? Are you simply addicted? Don't you know there are starving children somewhere right now? That's right. The conclusion you have drawn from context is correct. Playing Destiny causes children to starve. How dare you.

I haven't played in almost two weeks cause of complications moving into my new place and I am missing it badly, and about to go on a trip aaaaaah

Ah man sorry to hear about the complications! Hope everything works out. Have fun on your trip! We're not going anywhere (at least I'm not).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I comically still have no internet at my new place... soon though. My critters seem to like the place, which is lucky. :)

Some notes, congratulations, apologies:

PuMa, congrats on the new lil people humans. Twins seem crazy but you also get a +100% cuteness boost

Todd et al, sorry I missed the Mythocast, I really wanted to be there but there wound up being no hope. I was only about 50% packed by the time 6 swung around. Looking forward to listening to it later on today.

Potential newbie raiders this week, it is looking very unlikely that I'll be able to host a raid this Thursday. I'll also be unable to the following week as I'll be out of the country. Sorry :( Those of you keeping score, this will be the first time I've missed two in a row since I first began them back in November 2014.

Dunlop

Every time I get any motes of light, I try and reroll my Ash Factor in hopes of getting the perfect perks

If I don't get a Gally to compensate for this disease I fear the worst....

WipedOut

West Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale, are either near Tampa? I could look it up, but laziness.

No, takes about 3 1/2 to get to Lauderdale from Tampa, I just drove from tampa to there over the 4th of july, the drive has to be one of the most boring road trips in florida.

GhaleonEB

I realized something this morning after the Nightfall run: I'm not in the loot chase anymore. Other than the 'Horn, which I've long given up getting, I'm playing pretty much just for the fun. I just picked up the third of the PoE exotics this morning, and since I don't play Trials, that's it for the HoW gear I'll get. After I level it in a week or so, there's not any further progress I can make until TTK hits.

I'm okay with this. Taken King is looming and I'm still very much enjoying the HoW content, PoE and the Petra bounties in particular. I'm still playing because it's still fun as hell.

That or I'm addicted due to the nefarious ways Bungie has socially engineered me into their perpetual slots machine. One or the other.

Gordon

Ok pvp guys what sniper is better? Shadow of Veils or my Her Benevolence with Ambush/Hidden Hand/(Hand-laid for max stability or AP)/Unflinching

Is there some particular gimmick with Ambush/Unflinching?

420bits

I realized something this morning after the Nightfall run: I'm not in the loot chase anymore. Other than the 'Horn, which I've long given up getting, I'm playing pretty much just for the fun.

Don't give up, I got my first one 2 weeks ago from gorgon chest. Then another one last weekend from a NF. They are out there!

ocean

Banned
Ok pvp guys what sniper is better? Shadow of Veils or my Her Benevolence with Ambush/Hidden Hand/(Hand-laid for max stability or AP)/Unflinching

Is there some particular gimmick with Ambush/Unflinching?
Unflinching has a very small effect at any rate and it's even smaller with Ambush. Ambush increases stability and weapon handling though so it's still a good option. It's my personal favorite sight.

Most people prefer Shortgaze though. It's got the same zoom as Ambush, reduced stability and weapon handling but increases aim assistance and wiggles less when you strafe (also cooperates a bit more with Unflinching).

That's a really good PvP roll, but it's all a matter of preference at the end of the day. Try them both out and let us know :)

My personal favorites are Ambush, Snapshot and Double Down (have this on my LDR). A lot of people vouch for Sortgaz/Hidden Hand/Unflinching. I have that roll on my Benevolence but always come back to my LDR. Without Snapshot I feel sluggish and the extra ammo from Double Down is hard to pass up.

My point is, play around with different stuff. You might end up with a very different preference than the so called Tier 1 rolls :)

hiryu

Anyone up for taking my Skolas or Trials virginity this Friday after 12:30 est?

I could go on Warlock, Hunter, or Titan but I prefer my warlock.

ocean

Banned
Ugh got universal remote from NF.

Oh well I guess I got a nice exotic shard
If you didn't have one before, give it a try! It'll never be the "best" option but it's super fun to use :) Specially when running Strikes for marks or whatever it can be really fun to shotgun everything.

nOoblet16

Unflinching has a very small effect at any rate and it's even smaller with Ambush. Ambush increases stability and weapon handling though so it's still a good option. It's my personal favorite sight.

Most people prefer Shortgaze though. It's got the same zoom as Ambush, reduced stability and weapon handling but increases aim assistance and wiggles less when you strafe (also cooperates a bit more with Unflinching).

That's a really good PvP roll, but it's all a matter of preference at the end of the day. Try them both out and let us know :)

My personal favorites are Ambush, Snapshot and Double Down (have this on my LDR). A lot of people vouch for Sortgaz/Hidden Hand/Unflinching. I have that roll on my Benevolence but always come back to my LDR. Without Snapshot I feel sluggish and the extra ammo from Double Down is hard to pass up.

My point is, play around with different stuff. You might end up with a very different preference than the so called Tier 1 rolls :)
I for some reason don't notice the difference in wiggle. Because to me even shortgaze has a tiny wiggle while strafing which seems similar to ambush.

Top Bottom