• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

flkraven

I understand why people didn't like it. Nothing else was competitive, but you could say that about any meta.

I believe they were so close to perfection at the end of HoW. TLW/Thorn/Hawkmoon and certain shotgun types needed to be fixed. A buff to ARs then and it would be much better than what we have now.

Bungie doesn't want people to use the same gun. I think they are trying to push people to mix it up each map because of how important range is. In an effort to make everything viable they have made everything boring and stale.

They have made everything Mida

SonComet

I understand why people didn't like it. Nothing else was competitive, but you could say that about any meta.

I believe they were so close to perfection at the end of HoW. TLW/Thorn/Hawkmoon and certain shotgun types needed to be fixed. A buff to ARs then and it would be much better than what we have now.

Bungie doesn't want people to use the same gun. I think they are trying to push people to mix it up each map because of how important range is. In an effort to make everything viable they have made everything boring and stale.
I never thought hawkmoon was an issue. Reverting thorn's buff and fixing TLW aim down sights damage glitch would have been enough I think. That combined with a buff to autos, reverting the fusion rifle nerf, and maybe a nerf to high impact shotties would have been enough.

the_id

Who's up for Trials? Frontier is actually going to be fun....I hope

EDIT: FUCK I JUST ACCIDENTALLY DISCARDED 58 TRIALS COINS!!!!

E92 M3

Lol, it's becoming the new complaint meta. Some valid but some not, Krafty made a good point on his stream the other day when he said its 90% muscle memory

If people aren't complaining than it's not Destiny lol. The HoW meta was very close to perfection but needed some tweaking.

Lol, it's becoming the new complaint meta. Some valid but some not, Krafty made a good point on his stream the other day when he said its 90% muscle memory
Shotgunners won't even make it across the map LOLOLOL. In all seriousness that's why Kraftyy makes it look so easy, he has trained until he can hit multiple insane shots in a row.

Namikaze1

Frontier. Yeah, skipping Trails this week. Fuck the aim assist in some of these snipers.

On Thorn related news, adjusted this old gif after hearing it is back:
voa5reT.gif

Deku Tree

I don't understand how you can be sparrow racing and going in a straight line and hit the boost pad dead on and the racer behind you can smash into you through the boost and physics you and charge past you.

Daemul

Whats the ToO map? I may be bored enough to do trials this weekend.

EDIT: LOL Frontier, fuck that. Until snipers are sorted out playing on that map is not worth the aggravation.

Jafku

I'm at Light Level 260ish.

Do I just Crucible and Strike until I can Raid now? Just until I get good enough gear?

Yep. At 280 you can start doing Nightfalls, and 290 for Trials.
Edit: Anyone down for some trials? Trying to get 5 wins for the guantlets.

Yep. At 280 you can start doing Nightfalls, and 290 for Trials.
Edit: Anyone down for some trials? Trying to get 5 wins for the guantlets.

Dang. I wanted boots. I need my Warlocks boots to have Int/Dis and RL ammo.

Edit: Nami. Todd. Run tonight? I just want to get bounties done and chance at shaders tbh

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Thanks so much Drizzay for all the hard work you putting in
👌👌👍💯💯

One thing watching a lot of lets play Destiny videos, this Light Level median thing is really horse shit when RNG isn't the catalyst to push you forward

Saw a dudes stream for them to go 9-0 in ToO and get like a 312 weapon, yet they were 317 or 318 I forget
What is the fucking point?
Your LL should be your plateau line
All drops that are really necessary, say NF/Raid should account for this

If you're 315 if you do Raid drops should correlate to NM version as 310 for those drops, HM 316-320 drops, CM Guaranteed 320 drops
I seriously think they aren't doing this right

Also I'm sorry to say but this game needs to be infused with drops that are structured and whenever they push the LL up the old stuff should become streamlined

That's why a lot of the game becomes useless
VoG, CE, PoE all 3 could streamline gear content to tier based increase to reach KF

Now most just try to hit 40; brute force drops from certain aspects, reach certain earmark LL and then get carried, pray to RNGesus, then continue up the chain

How crazy would it be that if they bring back the old raids with a few twists and mechanics
They add say +10 to LL but the gauntlet of doing VoG to KF is more guaranteed and tier based
Good luck doing KF extreme at 320; not until your at least 327+
You can try to brute force or see if cheese method, but you're at a huge disadvantage
Do VoG to go up to 323+; CE to 325+; PoE to 327
Then KF bring you to 330
The entry is 315-320

I'm trying to say make the game more streamlined, guaranteed drops that always push forward
So even in a months time people are progressing (keyword)
Also FUCK that stupid regressive LL bullshit
They need to add a new category or input code where if a player reached a max LL they're not penalized
If your highest is 315 and you drop to 308 to try a gun or gunsmith package or w/e reason, the game should hold your highest LL always
Put it in parentheses for FUCK SAKES

308 (315) is that so hard?; if they jump back up to 315, the parentheses go away or the stay!
315 (315)
So a person doesn't have to worry switching out a weapon they might like to use and level up and get penalized cause RNG pissed a shitty regressive # on the gun

schlew

Man, I suck at SRL. I would say 9 times out of 10 on that last jump on Mars my sparrow lands it short and pops straight up while everyone blows past.

What I found to be the case was as soon as I unlocked the ability to control my Sparrow's pitch on my racing helmet, that jump suddenly necessitated holding back on the stick to grab more hang time. Before I unlocked that perk I landed fine every time. So be sure to hold back on the stick, then let go or push it forward once you're clear to stick the landing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom