• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add PSN W193D0UT - Stupid name but haven't figured out how to change it. Had it since PSN launched.

I need some power leveling help.

vtln0.jpg

hahaha whoa you already got all blues too! Crazy

I have an extra focused light. I'll save it for Destiny 2 when there's trading /S

Deku Tree

So how does this work. On my screen the player in front of my slammed into the wall before the vex gate turn. And I hit both gates and zoom through the gate. But then once on the other side of the gate the same player flys over my head and past me to beat me in the race?

WipedOut

hahaha whoa you already got all blues too! Crazy

I have an extra focused light. I'll save it for Destiny 2 when there's trading /S

TTK came with the boost to 25, too bad they don't include the sub-class booster too.

We need to start the Refer-a-Friend Quest. It popped for me after the first mission.

So how does this work. On my screen the player in front of my slammed into the wall before the vex gate turn. And I hit both gates and zoom through the gate. But then once on the other side of the gate the same player flys over my head and past me to beat me in the race?

He never slammed into the wall.

He lost connection to the host briefly, so the host told everyone else in the match that his last input was still continuing. When he reconnected to the host, the host then had to play catch up, but there are two types of catch up.

Teleportation catch up (sometimes called ghosting) where the correction is fixed instantly, and players just see someone teleport to where they actually are supposed to be. This method is typically seen in a lot of FPS games.

or

Quick movements catch up where the games wants it to look like there was never an issue, and just moves the player along into his actual location, but gets him there faster than normal game limitations allow. This is a common method of lag correction in racing games, so the game still appears to be smoother than what is actually happening.

There is also a "lets slow down or lets briefly pause the game" method that you'll typically see in fighting games where player input is super important.

NeOak

Is King Horn super rare? I never get it. So many races.
got it

I don't know why everyone wants the King's Horn. It's all about the Duck Horn.

Quack quack quack quack motherhawker quack
got that quack too

It's just RNG being RNG.

I had almost 100 races under my belt before I ever got the Clarion or the Cadence horn.

Got them both back to back for race 92 and 93.

Clarion and Cadence are best horn, though.
Got them too.

However, the most rage inducing seems to be the Clown Horn.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Good thing I used my Marks for Hard Light this week!

-_-

Actually I'm super low on 3oC so it works out OK

So from playing through my alt now since TTK released, I really appreciate the way they fixed some of the quest chains.

Using the Sword of Crota mission on the moon as a prelude to the Eris quests, and using the House of Winter as a prelude to the House of Wolves quest is actually pretty cool.

However, it looks like there are still a few missions, and even strikes, out there that don't seem to connect to anything (or at least not yet).

The Chamber of Oryx surprised me as not being connected to anything, I figured that would be a great way to finish off Eris' quest line, and open the door for the Taken missions later.

There was a quest for Sepiks, but not one for Phogoth or the Nexus, and that seems kind of weird.

Picked up the HoTPF from Xur. I dismantled mine I had or used it for infusion at some point.

I also bought the Hunter helmet for collection purposes. I'm just missing the new Hunter chest now.

ethomaz

Banned
Nightfall at Boss!!!

Join ethomaz fast because I'm soling with Warlock Stormcaller (the only class I can solo any mission... the difference in power to the others classes is like night and day).

ethomaz

Banned
Witch are the best perks for Snipers in TTK? I need to find a good sniper.

Zarinaea-D AR with Crowd Control + Focused Fire (+ Smallbore/High Caliber Rounds)... take or shard?

Suros FAI-41 with Perfect Balance + Reinforced Barrel + Hidden Hand... take or shard?

Edit - Top.

0c81263ea51cbb60a4320bc6c0bb3f20a5bf7fa7aecd163fa9caca840a396789_1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom