• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lnkn52

5clfRTQ.gif

Neo SGA got a chuckle from me. Lol

th3dude

Good morning, DGAF!

Today should be my last day running IB; was hoping for some drops (gauntlet and HC, possibly the MG), but I've gotten over 10 chests and only one have been over 300 (it was 310, but void instead of solar), so I'm going to play a lot of IB today for drops mostly (I got all three weeklies ready to hit Rank 5, I'm already Rank 4).

Anyone see me on, just join up! PSN Instant__Vintage

Good luck. Hope you get your drops!

I'll be on a bit later, but will only need a few games to get my hunter to rank 5 then I'll be done for this go-round.

Strider

Tbh I'm awful at this game now :/ I mean I'm rusty but the games I played so far today were probably my worst ever. Just awful.

It plays so damn different than before. Can't peak a corner without a Eirene staring down sight or a Pulse ready to drop you in half a second.

It's pretty damn annoying.

Tbh I'm awful at this game now :/ I mean I'm rusty but the games I played so far today were probably my worst ever. Just awful.

It plays so damn different than before. Can't peak a corner without a Eirene staring down sight or a Pulse ready to drop you in half a second.

i played beyond stupid yesterday and the day before.

pulse meta fucked me up. way too passive and long range for me.

XenoRaven

I wish.

I didn't get in the beta :(
It's OK man, neither did I D:

Tbh I'm awful at this game now :/ I mean I'm rusty but the games I played so far today were probably my worst ever.

I feel the same way. Thorn was annoying, but I feel like TLW encouraged movement and aggression, especially combined with Blink (which was probably too strong). A lot of the games now feel like they boil down to camping corners and choke points and blowing someone's head off the second they move in front of your crosshair like we're playing Counter Strike. I hope this next update truly adds some variety to not just the weapons, but playstyles. I'd really like to see snipers used less, and FRs be a legit counter to shotguns.

Rehsa

Nice OT, points for Yao Ming lol, Bones of Yao hype! LT on top of the wall! Awesome grims too grats guys :) Really hope to get in some IB today

Strider

i played beyond stupid yesterday and the day before.

pulse meta fucked me up. way too passive and long range for me.

My K/D so far today is a whopping 1.06 lower than my overall K/D o_O

Talk about a significant difference. Good lord.

Idk man. I could make up excuses but really the truth is I don't think I'm good enough to adapt to this pulse shit. It's so far off from the style I play...

I honestly don't find it fun doing Trials DestinyLFG.

I don't mind if we're only doing 'okay', but when 4/5 of my matches have devolved into shouting matches, it's not okay.

My K/D so far today is a whopping 1.06 lower than my overall K/D o_O

Talk about a significant difference. Good lord.

Idk man. I could make up excuses but really the truth is I don't think I'm good enough to adapt to this pulse shit. It's so far off from the style I play...

our playstyle basically got removed from the game lol

Quantum

- I only have 2 characters level 40, and still haven't tried to do another raid
- never really pvp'd much before and my stats were terrible because of the exotic sword quest and hitting good players with a hilt lol

- that being said I loved Iron Banner. I had some terrible runs but some incredible ones too.
- for the most part I found the team matching to be fair, and was the top player maybe 20-30% of the time which was cool.
- the drops kinda sucked as the armor only seems to drop in the 280's for me (except one 306)
- the level 5 rewards for my two characters were nice, a 215 Haakons Hatchet with a 213 ghost and the second one was a 214 Nirwens mercy and 217 Ghost.

- I really like the nirwens mercy, I was using a 307 Red Death but the nirwens feels great and frees up an exotic slot to play with other weapons.

* after reaching rank 5 I'm still playing with the hopes of a high level armor piece drop or the 320 ghost as I doubt I'll be raiding any time soon.

- The PVP reminds me of PVP a long time ago in the original TFC - after you learn the maps you start to learn choke points and can really have fun.
- In TFC there was something called conc jumping - it broke the game in a hilarius and fun way - almost the same way the supers break the PVP in destiny. I find is so much fun though - if one team has an area locked down and its about to get stale one super can scramble an entire team and it just makes it more fun for me.

TLDR/ I really like Iron Banner.

SheHateMe

Question, since I got some heavy hitters in here: I have an opportunity to bring one of my Scout Rifles to 310, and it's not Hung Jury. (Treads Upon Stars with Triple Tap, Explosive Rounds, and Reactive Reload or Tuonela with Rescue Mag, Snapshot/Hand Laid Stock, and Firefly)

Which one should make the jump?

Dave_6

You're not the only one, trust me. The past two days of IB have been my worst PvP play since the damn alpha. I just can't play well with this meta unless I'm on a GAF train.

question, in Instagram they revealed some Year 2 Exotic armors, 3 for Titan, 3 for Hunter but 2 for Warlock

what is the 3rd one for Warlock? is it the New Mysterio Helmet? the new Gauntlets? or the new Boots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom