• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

So.... anyone doing Trials today? Might be doing some house stuff for awhile but definitely down for some runs at some point. Still the only part of Destiny I actually want to play.

Played through Her Story with the Mrs. last couple days, had a ton of fun. It's a great co-op game and I always love when she gets even more into a game than I do.

Afaik now I should be able to make that. Typically Flawless CE runs took 30-90 minutes, usually closer to ~45. Haven't done any in Year 2 though so I dunno how much easier it might be.

I'll always be up for trials in the foreseeable future. Dont see me dropping Destiny so completely that i wont even play trials so i should be around in the weekends to play if you want.

Edit: memento sucks^ 😡

Don't worry guys, maybe it's actually map rotation this week Kappa

Guess I'll be staying on PC Master Race this weekend. Alien Isolation is super fun so far and looks dope as hell. Maybe I'll finally kill someone in CS:GO (probably not). Gotta get DSFix + other mods set up for a glorious Dark Souls replay. Plus about 20 other games I bought during the winter Steam sale.

Namikaze1

Well, I just learned something new today. Second Wind activates if you died at the Reef or Tower. Just noticed the timer on the side (though didn't state for what but I'm going with SW since I have the perk equipped on my boots) upon reviving after suiciding from Memento news.

Well, I just learned something new today. Second Wind activates if you died at the Reef or Tower. Just noticed the timer on the side (though didn't sate for what but I'm going with SW since I have the perk equipped on my boots) upon reviving after suiciding from Memento news.

LOL Dammit Nami. I almost spit water all over my work desk.

Namikaze1

LOL Dammit Nami. I almost spit water all over my work desk.
Fuck that map!

Memento is trash regardless of game type. Hate it with an undying passion. Hell, my hate for the PS exclusive Year 2 map doesn't even come close to my hate for Memento.

Ugh. Gonna have to change my playstyle today. No more silently shotgunning fools. Will have to pull out my 1000 Yard Stare.

Why all the memento h8?

Like Ape said it was clearly designed for Rift. But it also has the problem of all TTK maps where it's way over-designed with garbage everywhere. Trees and rocks and cars and crates and branches and....

The layout has no flow for Elimination. It's just a long skinny tunnel with random side compartments that people can camp. The best layouts are open square maps like Burning Shrine and Exodus Blue.

Nicodemic

Speaking of which. I'd like to schedule a Flawless and also Raiding Party CE on Monday around 8 CST. The last people that were interested were:

1. Me
2. Jakfu
3. Nicodemic
4. Shiv47
5. (Boguester maybe with Graves account?)
6. Pandora012

Let me know if that time works for you cats above. In the meantime, we'll need one or two others, including alts in case some people above can't make it.

Thanks for organizing this! I confirm my presence. Could you remind me the name of the clan again please?

Memento sounds more fun to me for Trials than Widow's Court or Frontier.

Widow's Court really suffered from the Year 2 pulse/sniper meta, it played a lot worse than before. Y2 Widow's Court has by far my highest average kill distance of any Trials week. It's the only week ever where my average kill distance was over 30 meters.

Frontier played surprisingly okay to me, although I admittedly didn't play a ton of matches that week. It could devolve into spawn snipe camp battles, but it was so open that rushing down the other spawn using a few angles on opposite sides of the bridge was very viable.

We'll see, I'll be shocked if there are enough people around for me to play much Trials. My matches per week have fallen off a cliff the last month or so.

No problem. If someone is already in a clan and has spots open, I'll just put in a request to join.

Everyone can join the constant name changing clan if they want. It has open enrollment so you don't need admin approval.

Highwind

FFFUUUUUUU.....

Trials map is Memento.

RIP the Dream.

hFfrpP4.png

Sniper Hell.

LTWood12

Widow's Court really suffered from the Year 2 pulse/sniper meta, it played a lot worse than before. Y2 Widow's Court has by far my highest average kill distance of any Trials week. It's the only week ever where my average kill distance was over 30 meters.

Frontier played surprisingly okay to me, although I admittedly didn't play a ton of matches that week. It could devolve into spawn snipe camp battles, but it was so open that rushing down the other spawn using a few angles on opposite sides of the bridge was very viable.

We'll see, I'll be shocked if there are enough people around for me to play much Trials. My matches per week have fallen off a cliff the last month or so.

I really miss the Drizz, Wicked, Unstable HoW-Era Trials streams. Engagments were varied and almost always fun to watch save for maybe Pantheon and Thieve's Den.

Shiv47

Speaking of which. I'd like to schedule a Flawless and also Raiding Party CE on Monday around 8 CST. The last people that were interested were:

1. Me
2. Jakfu
3. Nicodemic
4. Shiv47
5. (Boguester maybe with Graves account?)
6. Pandora012

Let me know if that time works for you cats above. In the meantime, we'll need one or two others, including alts in case some people above can't make it.

As of now that works for me.

Don't worry guys, maybe it's actually map rotation this week Kappa

Guess I'll be staying on PC Master Race this weekend. Alien Isolation is super fun so far and looks dope as hell. Maybe I'll finally kill someone in CS:GO (probably not). Gotta get DSFix + other mods set up for a glorious Dark Souls replay. Plus about 20 other games I bought during the winter Steam sale.

We're losing the Doctor? Destiny is truly dead.

giphy.gif

I keep trying to figure out why I don't say "Diablo is dead" when I put it down. It's just weird. Diablo is static between patches. There's no limited events. No weekly loot lockouts. No timed vendors. It's just the game in its barest form. But I always leave smiling & satisfied. But not with Destiny.

I think once Destiny's aggressive hooks (weekly lockouts, time gated events, etc.) lose their novelty, then it becomes plain that they're hooks. And hooks hurt.

For those of you who don't play Diablo 3, there's a new patch 2-3x per year that is almost all buffs. It rebalances the game, but also adds new mechanics (kunai's cube & legendary gems, etc.) and some new legendaries. And a bunch of Quality of Life stuff. That aside, there's been no new major "content" for 2 years. No new story, no new characters or classes. They've added a few small tilesets and a few enemies, but nothing like what we'd want. But I keep coming back to it.

A large part of my love for Diablo is because it fulfills that power fantasy really well. They don't have to balance PvP and as a result, they don't have to punish players or be all "no fun allowed". It's all about making your hero awesome and achieve incredible things. They have achievements for beating bosses on the highest difficulties in sub-60 seconds. When that happened in Destiny they instead nerfed the weapon.

I think it's also because it's pick up and play and that I always feel like I'm progressing no matter what activity I'm doing. I can do Adventure mode to get re-rolling mats. I can do regular rifts to get great gear. I can do greater rifts to upgrade my legendary gems. I progress at any difficulty too.

Destiny on the other hand is such a chore lately to complete anything that could progress you. Nightfall? 292 ghost. King's Fall? Shards. Doing Patrol is tedious even if you need it for planetary mats, glimmer, etc. You don't do anything that feels good with that stuff. And without a transmog system, it's so hard to make my "doll" (their word) look like I want. I just look hideous 90% of the time.

Taking a step back, what even is progress in this game? Being 314 light instead of 313 light? Like that's bullshit. Light as a progression system is horrible because light doesn't change how you play. And gear progression beyond that doesn't exist. Re-rolling is gone, but drops are abysmally low. Even beyond that, the game isn't balanced around perks anyway, so it's like a 5% edge at best. There aren't interesting weapons to chase or to use. Everything feels the same kind of bland.

Compared to Diablo where I can try to build a full class set, try to perfect that set, collect a different class set, try a build with around a different skill, build a set of gear around this legendary or that one.

I really hope Destiny Taken King was "here's what we can do with what we've got" and Destiny 2 is "Here's what we really wanted to do." Because Year 2 end-game is really bad. They wanted Taken King to be a loot game, and the game makes you miserable if you treat it that way. If you play the modes you like, with people you like, not caring about gear, then that's why I have 600 hours in Destiny.

Daemul

Wait hold on, I've hardly played any regular PvP in the past 3 month, are you people really telling me that Thorn is back?

j4aP1aV.gif

Lnkn52

My favorite thing watching Krafty play trials with Goth is Krafty never revives Goth but when he does, he makes sure the revive is sabotaged.

Best Friday ever! Account approval for NeoGAF at last, and I can post in best GAF AKA Destiny GAF.

<3 <3 <3

Last night I just got the platinum Trophy too and have 100% completion in that regards for the game.

The week that keeps on giving. :)

embalm

Maybe it's just me being a few weeks into the game, but I really don't understand the negativity.

Compared to any other FPS there is a lot to do once you finish the game. It completely slams any Call of Duty campaign. The sheer hours of play hidden within is crazy. Now I just hit LL 290, so I am new to this, but there is lots to do.

I have spent 20 to 40 hours rocking the Crucible with friends and I never do online multiplayer with FPS games. There are still a few modes I haven't played enough to learn well. There are lots of character builds I am not even close to trying yet. This mode isn't even about the grind, the loot just makes the victory screen more interesting than K/D ratios.

I love the loot system. I enjoy Infusing my Purples and Golds, and I have only scratched the surface when it comes to loot farming. I enjoy the farming because it's enjoyable, with daily heroics and playlists I can jump into a match and rock through levels with friends or randos and get rewards that are decent.

I think the anger is coming from people who are squeezing 300+ hours out of the Taken King. Maybe after that long the game would lose some luster. I think I will enjoy tweaking builds and playing for awhile after I hit those hours. I'm only around 50 hours into the game right now, but I really don't understand the hate.

This game is literally the best first person shooter I have ever played.

Best Friday ever! Account approval for NeoGAF at last, and I can post in best GAF AKA Destiny GAF.

<3 <3 <3

Last night I just got the platinum Trophy too and have 100% completion in that regards for the game.

Congrats 2x! The man who posted right above you can get you onto the Guardian Lords list, link in the OP to PM him. Welcome aboard!

Do Trials matches count for the "Eliminator" Shaxx quest?

Yep

E92 M3

<3 <3 <3

Welcome, just here is a hint of advice, don't post in off topic while you are still a junior :p

Top Bottom